Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,588
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#500121 Dec 15, 2013
From the article in the September 2010 edition of the magazine "Scientific American" ... The end or is it?... comes the following..........

Edges of Time

Aristotle appealed to a similar principle when he argued that time can have neither beginning nor end. Every moment is both the end of an era and the start of something new; every event is both the outcome of something and the cause of something else. So how could time possibly end? What would prevent the last event in history from leading to another? Indeed, how would you even define the end of time when the very concept of “end” pre-supposes time?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#500122 Dec 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is God in His,heaven .
I've told you before ..if I'm.right
Well ... your arrogant anyway. You have no proof one way or the other to know the answer to that question.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#500123 Dec 15, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
01. True in the past the Church leaders, by their actions ,and attitudes,..basically ignored SCRIPTURE,...so did leaders, of other nations,.

02. I'm aware that there are those who believe the existence of Israel is, not God's, will...

03. Yet it has,happened and held its,own for long enough that even the CATHOLUC Church has recognized it's,existence .

04. Is this the Israel of the,end time prophecies ...I am not God ..But AGAINST ALL ODDS ISRAEL does exist ..though I know,some human beings think this,should,not be ..to put it mildly as,you
Seem to think it won't endure ..

Only God knows the future ..

05. If scripture says HE will return and the mount of Olives will be split in half ..if the,remnant is,to be His,..WHENEVER THAT HAPPENS,..now or in a millennium......nothing men do is,going to change th a one iota ..And he,who trifles,AGAINST HE will of the MOST HIGH GOD ...shall answer to Him.not to.me,..or any human

God may or may not put His hand into men's,business, But His,will dual be done.
Ans.

Thanks for your post. I think you are too quick to make judgment and do not give time for things to settle down.

01. You say that in PAST Church leaders ignored scriptures….why in Past only? Are "Present" Church leaders are following scriptures? The answer is in negative.

02. Nothing happens in the world unless by God; will, so let us not delve into that. We have to concentrate on if it is right or wrong.

03. You present your case as if "Isreal's creation and its existence" is a sort of miracle and as if Israel is existing there against all odds.

You are mistaken here, The Zionist state of Israel was "Created" by the agreement of "Most Powerful Nations on Earth"…and it is enjoying their One Sided Support at all times.

It is not only existing, but it is behaving like a local bully and is a threat to peace there.

So do not try to present the existing materialistic atheist state of Zionist Isreal which is controlled by Ashkenazi Jews as the one "which is to follow God' laws and walk in His ways"

Why should God approve of this type of country?

You are going away from Scripture and giving your approval to some thing which is wrong from every angle.

04. When Jesus shall return to earth near the end of time, he will not judge the people. He will return to kill Anti Christ and expose the lies of Pauline Christianity to raise him to the level of God and make him as an object of worship.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#500124 Dec 15, 2013
Those in religion often have a deep need to try to be in control of everything. Imagine the amount of control they feel, when they believe they can preach what a god expects of human thought and human behavior. It's also that deep need to be in control that makes people believe they can predict the end of time and other silly nonsense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the article in the September 2010 edition of the magazine "Scientific American" ... The end or is it?... comes the following..........

The content is in concern with all the hype about the "end of the world." From the article comes the following.

Science may be a culprit, but it also offers some explanation for why we can be so fearful. Some researchers think that apocalyptic dread feeds off our collective anxiety about events that lie outside our individual control.
marge

Ames, IA

#500125 Dec 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said yesterday ...is this the Israel ...the prophesied place during the End Times ..I think so BUT if God wills an ISRAEL. there shall be one ...on the day of His return ....whenever the prophecies are to be totally fulfilled ....man may think He has the last word ...he does,NOT ...
well we are 'Jews' in heart, everyone else seems to be fighting God these days.
marge

Ames, IA

#500126 Dec 15, 2013
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are definatley also, " the devil(YOU) is more faithful to come to church than many Chrsitians"
So very nice to see you Orville we are talking about the Last (Day, days}, Ltm my big sister was asking about you how are you dear brother? Did I say how lovely it is to see you:)

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#500127 Dec 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Thanks for your post. I think you are too quick to make judgment and do not give time for things to settle down.
01. You say that in PAST Church leaders ignored scriptures….why in Past only? Are "Present" Church leaders are following scriptures? The answer is in negative.
02. Nothing happens in the world unless by God; will, so let us not delve into that. We have to concentrate on if it is right or wrong.
03. You present your case as if "Isreal's creation and its existence" is a sort of miracle and as if Israel is existing there against all odds.
You are mistaken here, The Zionist state of Israel was "Created" by the agreement of "Most Powerful Nations on Earth"…and it is enjoying their One Sided Support at all times.
It is not only existing, but it is behaving like a local bully and is a threat to peace there.
So do not try to present the existing materialistic atheist state of Zionist Isreal which is controlled by Ashkenazi Jews as the one "which is to follow God' laws and walk in His ways"
You are going away from Scripture and giving your approval to some thing which is wrong from every angle.
04. When Jesus shall return to earth near the end of time, he will not judge the people. He will return to kill Anti Christ and expose the lies of Pauline Christianity to raise him to the level of God and make him as an object of worship.
Muk Your fear of Jews is really funny. It's time Islamics looked in the mirror. Of all the world's religions, Islam is the most demanding of respect while doing the least to earn it. If Islam is the true religion, why do religious Muslims kill religious Christians trying to help needy Muslims instead of the other way around? http://www.ra ymond ibrahim.com/muslim -persecution-of-ch ristians/three-ame rican-teachers-sla ughtered-for-chris tian-faith-in-musl im-world/
marge

Ames, IA

#500129 Dec 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So the words are there but their interpretation keep changing.
When there was no Isreal....we were waiting for it.
When it is present....we say that the promise is fulfilled as mentioned in scripture.
And when it is gone again..... we say that probably this was not what was intended by the scripture.
In a way we "interpret" the scriptures as per the "current situation".
Not to be Dogmatic!!
It's called prophesy, we are taking about the last days and the Last Day, when Jesus comes to take His brethren to heaven to be with our Father God forever.

ALL GLORY TO HIM!

who's your daddy?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#500130 Dec 15, 2013
All we hear about here (in the U.S.) is how Muslims are persecuted, but that usually comes from CAIR.

The Koran and Hadith teach killing "people of the Book", i.e. Jews and Christians. It is no coincidence that this happens in Muslim countries.

When Muslims say that Islam is a religion of peace, they are partially telling the truth. Islam is a religion of peace when Islam represents a minority in a country. However, as followers of Islam increase in number, then it is no longer a religion of peace, but a religion of persecution and murder.

To those who are told that Islam is a religion of peace, I say look to those countries where Islam is the majority religion, and you will see the most violent and oppressive culture on the face of the earth. When there are no minorities left to persecute or kill, they begin to kill each other.
marge

Ames, IA

#500131 Dec 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said yesterday ...is this the Israel ...the prophesied place during the End Times ..I think so BUT if God wills an ISRAEL. there shall be one ...on the day of His return ....whenever the prophecies are to be totally fulfilled ....man may think He has the last word ...he does,NOT ...
hey Rosie I saw your post before, and Yes circumcision of the heart is forever as we really do become children of God forever, don't let anyone tell you otherwise they are false teachers. Love you.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#500132 Dec 15, 2013
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are definatley also, " the devil(YOU) is more faithful to come to church than many Chrsitians"
Hi Orville how are you doing?? I don't go to church these days Orville!! I have good reason, I think I would like to get back into a home church group rather then a big church gathering.
I am going to pray about it and see where God leds me.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#500133 Dec 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
An elderly woman, after an operation, recently suffered a massive stroke on both sides of her brain. After keeping her breathing on a machine and with other complications involved, the family with the agreement of the physician decided to remove her from life-support. On the machine monitoring her brain-activity there was a flat-line. Yet when they took her off of life-support, she lived for another night and day.
When those who believe they died and went to heaven and back or hell and back, I suggest they were not completely brain-dead, but rather the brain-cells were traumatized and later able to rejuvenate.
Once the brain-cells are all dead ... THAT is death and there is no coming back to life after that occurs.
You can suggest all you want, how can you comment on what happens at death you have never died.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#500134 Dec 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
He will redeem the faithful remnant ..every knee shall bow,...do you really think it is coincidence that a,nation founded by fallible men...But insistent on freedom to worship that they had not had in Europe ...became a powerful nation...You don't think God had a,hand in this,so we would
Be in a place to ally with Israel.

Are THRY a,religious,nation..no...are THRY the children of Israel..yes,..And many faithful Jews,live THere and,will refuse anti Christ ..And his mark.
.among them the,12 Times 12, thousand,marked by the,Spirit .to preach His,word ...THese will BE the children of Israel ruled by the apostles after Jesus,returns, but it will be to The land of Israel He returns,..soon or in a,hundred years ...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#500135 Dec 15, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
All we hear about here (in the U.S.) is how Muslims are persecuted, but that usually comes from CAIR.
The Koran and Hadith teach killing "people of the Book", i.e. Jews and Christians. It is no coincidence that this happens in Muslim countries.
When Muslims say that Islam is a religion of peace, they are partially telling the truth. Islam is a religion of peace when Islam represents a minority in a country. However, as followers of Islam increase in number, then it is no longer a religion of peace, but a religion of persecution and murder.
To those who are told that Islam is a religion of peace, I say look to those countries where Islam is the majority religion, and you will see the most violent and oppressive culture on the face of the earth. When there are no minorities left to persecute or kill, they begin to kill each other.
Bam!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#500136 Dec 15, 2013
This,is,one long show I think it's,on TBN until wow,430 am. Eastern
.think I'll watch the rest tomorrow,...they are up to HE part where John the Bapist gets,killed ...

Peace
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#500137 Dec 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I awaken on another side, I won't BE surprised, as I have prepared for both options. Either I will sleep the long sleep forever, OR I will wake up and carry on with whatever occurs then. I'm not going to brag that I know what I don't know, as that is silly nonsense committed by those in religions.
I admire the way you deflect the hatchet.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#500138 Dec 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look tipesh, I FORGOT to cap the word. now shut up.
BUT IT STILL IS CORRECT REGARDLESS IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.
Make you a deal.....show me the term "lord" in the KJV that is referring to God...I will, as you suggested "shut up"...

Lacking this showing, you admit the truth....it was not a matter of forgetting...it was your lack of reverence for the Lord...it never crossed your mind to use the cap.....evidently this is so prevalent in your life that it influenced your granddaughter to follow suit!!!!!!

Location hidden

#500139 Dec 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
oxbore, you are in our services. the devil(YOU) is more faithful to come to church than many Chrsitians
You are a real blessing....thanks...quote: Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Location hidden

#500140 Dec 15, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat: You realize the writers of the canonical texts didn't capitalize the term either, since both ancient Hebrew and Greek did not distinguish between upper and lower case, right?
Dummy.
Show me the term "lord" in reference our Lord, in Scripture, and I will back off. I am readinng the text of the Infallible Sacred Word and I see no such reference....Do you???
marge

Ames, IA

#500141 Dec 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Orville how are you doing?? I don't go to church these days Orville!! I have good reason, I think I would like to get back into a home church group rather then a big church gathering.
I am going to pray about it and see where God leds me.
I'm going to a Christmas eve service God willing at a true church, my favorite church family, and they plant many 'churches without building, though I'm going to a building, lol, God is so good.!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web