Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654406 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#500389 Dec 16, 2013
opps soul

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#500390 Dec 16, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Priest and other teachers such the Apostles were left on earth to teach. Bible says in 2 Peter 1: 20-21..... No personal interpretation. This is why u have over 42k Protestant churches. Which of your Protestant churches is correct? None here seem to agree. coc disagree with little independent churches, baptist disagree with Pentecostal and so on.
God gave us a brain, we can read the Bible and pray for ourselves.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500391 Dec 16, 2013
KayMarie wrote:
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
Kay, anyone who has to make excuses for not kneeling before God in prayer, other than physical inability to do so, has bigger problems than forgetting that Jesus also knelt.[
----------
Regina, I made no excuses, but when I cannot kneel, I have no doubt that He hears me. I did not forget that He knelt; I just remembered that He did not make a LAW CONCERNING a ritual we must do to get His attention.
KayMarie
Oh, kneeling is a "ritual" now? One designed to "get his attention"?

It seems Just Sayin' didn't have to wait very long, lol....

Nice, Kay. You have a good evening.

Liam

Brooklyn, NY

#500392 Dec 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>clay, hank is not a Christian and never has been, he left the catholic church and went into the campbellite cult.
when a person tells people that they a re in the wrong church and are lost because they don't belong to their cult, that is not very Christlike. heand this other dude are lying and are called on it but they don't care.
No one has treated Hank any better than I have, but I got tired of his satanic attitude, and I will not tolerate his satanic misintrepretations of Gods Holy Word any longer, AND HE KNOWS THAT HE HAS PUSHED ME TO FAR.
Now Ox on the other hand, wouldn't be classified as a Christian because he denies the divinity of Jesus Christ. He teaches that Jesus is not God; they are not one being. But under sola scripture (if it were a true doctrine) his hands are washed. No competing sola scripturist can argue against him. That's how I see it.
Scripture isn't infallible by itself. It takes an infallible authority for scripture to exist in the first place. Someone had to get together and put down the gavel declaring certain books as inspired. Jesus didn't do that for us and neither did His Apostles..
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500393 Dec 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm sure,sed,not making excuses ...even though she just broke her hip ..
I said "other than physical inability to do so", now didn't I? So there was no need to mention her broken hip, was there? No, there wasn't. But you just had to do it.

Yeah, peace to you, too.

Sacramento, CA

#500394 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> Protestnts quit believing the Eucharit is Christ.. The only way to receive Christ is through the Eucharist,
That's a lie and you know it. communion is only for those of us that have already been saved and forgiven, to do in remembrance of the price that Christ paid to save us from the wrath of God. Satan is a master of deception!!! The Word of God states in 2nd Corinthians 11:3-4, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

Catholicism preaches ANOTHER GOSPEL and has ANOTHER SPIRIT. The Gospel (Catechism) of Catholicism REQUIRES a person to be water baptized into the Catholic Church to go to Heaven. Catholics are also REQUIRED to keep the Seven Sacraments to go to Heaven. These Sacraments include being confirmed by the priest, regular confession to the priest, regular observance of the Holy Eucharist with the priest, last rites by the priest, etc. The Catholic means of salvation; therefore, weighs heavily upon the Catholic priest.

Catholics are also REQUIRED to do good works to go to Heaven. Ask the average Catholic about faith verses works and they'll admit that they're trusting in FAITH AND WORKS to save them (which Romans 11:6 states is impossible). Romans 4:5 states in no uncertain terms, "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

When James spoke of being justified by "works," he was clearly speaking about being justified in the eyes of MEN ... "I will shew thee my faith by my works" (James 2:18). Also, James was writing to believers; not the unsaved (James 2:1, "My Brethren..."). With God we are justified by faith; but with men by works, because men cannot see our heart as God can (1st Samuel 16:7).

Here is PROOF that James wasn't teaching works salvation ... "Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?" (James 2:21). Isaac? We read in Genesis 15:6 concerning Abraham, "And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness." Abraham was saved by faith alone in the Lord. Isaac wasn't even born until Genesis 21:3. Clearly, James is referring to two different types of justification here. In Genesis 15, Abraham is justified with God by faith ALONE; BUT in Genesis 22, Abraham's faith is justified by works in the eyes of men.

Sacramento, CA

#500395 Dec 16, 2013
Catholicism's spirit is one of idolatrous adoration of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, it is a spirit of demonism (1st Timothy 4:1), as is evident by the vain repetition of 53 "Hail Marys" in a standard Rosary prayer. Jesus condemned vain repetitious prayers (Matthew 6:7). Yet, they moan like a cult of Satan worshippers. Catholics have statues galore. Oh, how rebellious and sinful are the hearts of Catholics! They have religion without truth, churchianity without Christianity, and crucifixes without Christ.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#500396 Dec 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Otherwise, anybody can claim whatever they want....and, as we can see, they so often do!
Your self-serving Christian philosophy makes claims of truth as does the philosophy of all preachers in various religions.

If you were a Muslim, you'd be preaching Islam as the only truth on earth.

It's unfortunate that you don't want to see that issue from the outside in.

Quesnel, Canada

#500397 Dec 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You tell me, since you invented Christian hell....
I can only go so far in a day.
You are such a liar!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Pope: Hell Is a Real Place Where Sinners Burn in Everlasting Fire

Published March 28, 2007/
London Times

ROME – Hell is a place where sinners really do burn in an everlasting fire, and not just a religious symbol designed to galvanize the faithful, the Pope said.

Addressing a parish gathering in a northern suburb of Rome, Pope Benedict XVI said that in the modern world many people, including some believers, had forgotten that if they failed to "admit blame and promise to sin no more," they risked "eternal damnation — the Inferno."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/03/28/pope-...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#500398 Dec 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a Muslim, you would be a blathering Imam for the religion of Islam.
Preachers come in different shades, but are all shaded by nothing but arrogance and ignorance.
Arrogant is so unusual of a word for someone who serves the Lord, so why arrogant as a word you choose of me. Ignorance, how can that be? You say ignorance and again, it makes no sense, ignorance of what. Do you hate all people that have educated themselves to a high level and have an intense drive to help others by the years of studying they put in so they can accurately explain things about the bible, so they to can become Christians and hopefully help teach others. No arrogance and no ignorance, just love for people.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#500399 Dec 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm sure,sed,not making excuses ...even though she just broke her hip ..
.however ..many people kneel ..prostrate,..stand ..raise their hands . Sign 're Cross,. Sit in a closet lay in bed ..walk out in nature ...AND PRAY ...
JESUS is HEalth whom we have a,relationship ...RELATIONSHIP..I talk to Him all day long ...in any position..
In praise ..in humility....as my Lord whom I love ...in supplication..in thanksgiving ....He has Saud HE is WITH US, ALWAYS .....all the time ...WE ARE HIS CHURCH ...the body of believers ..
PEACE
They don't understand that personal relationship, they worship the baby Jesus though.

Quesnel, Canada

#500400 Dec 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Not an either/or situation. Though you portray it as such.
Jesus fulfilled the Law in the Old Covenant, and he ushered in a New Covenant.
He thus is the pivotal person in history. And though you may not desire it to be the year of our Lord, 2013. It is what it is....
So WITHIN YOUR PHILOSOPHY if Jesus came back to earth, his new covenant (according to you) would be Catholicism ... NOT Judaism. According to you, Jesus' attitude would be that Catholics were preaching the only truth on earth ... RIGHT Robert???

Quesnel, Canada

#500401 Dec 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Since you were a child, you knew the preachers were wrong.
I admit, that I must learn by my mistakes.
You never learned.
Nice dodge Robert. But your lies are evident.

June VanDerMark wrote:

When Robert F was an Atheist, he claimed that religion was based on the premise of FEAR.
Now that he is back into Catholicism, he claims that he is moved by God's "spirit" of FAITH.
How CONvenient.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert
June

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#500402 Dec 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your self-serving Christian philosophy makes claims of truth as does the philosophy of all preachers in various religions.
If you were a Muslim, you'd be preaching Islam as the only truth on earth.
It's unfortunate that you don't want to see that issue from the outside in.
No I wouldn't because it's a false doctrine, and if one studies enough they will see the Muslim religion as a false doctrine. Those that are believers in the Muslim religion do so either out of ignorance, they just accept it and don't care to see it for what it really is, nothing but a false doctrine. Some people stay with the Muslim religion out of fear or some other ignorant reason. It doesn't matter where you live or what religion you were taught, if you are willing to study you will find out if your religion is the true religion or not, by studying, that's what studying is all about.

Quesnel, Canada

#500403 Dec 16, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Arrogant is so unusual of a word for someone who serves the Lord,.
You are arrogant because you believe you serve a lord.

That type of attitude is simply all about "lording it over others" and that is arrogance.

Quesnel, Canada

#500404 Dec 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't understand that personal relationship,
Every person that had and has faith in the existence of a savior in every religion on earth ... no doubt believed they had a PERSONAL relationship with their savior.

What good is a savior, if you can't personalize its image in your mind???

Quesnel, Canada

#500405 Dec 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't understand that personal relationship,
If you were willing to study, you would learn.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Belief in Osiris, Isis, and Horus later spread to the Roman Empire, until believers began to be persecuted under Christianity.

Five centuries before the supposed birth of Jesus, the Greek historian Herodotus traveled to Egypt. There he witnessed an enormous festival, held every year, in which the Egyptians performed a drama before tens of thousands of people, representing the death and resurrection of Osiris. This story is so ancient that it can be traced back to pyramid texts written over 4,500 years ago.

As far as we can tell, Osiris is the original story of a dying and resurrecting god. The story spread to Ancient Greece in the story of the god Dionysus, then to Ancient Rome in the story of the god Mithras, and then to Christianity in the story of the god Jesus. Along the way it appeared in several cultures under various names.

http://daughtersofearthwisdom.org/sabbats/yul...

Quesnel, Canada

#500406 Dec 16, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

Quesnel, Canada

#500407 Dec 16, 2013
And again ... keep in mind that all the supposed saviors in all religions were not created as male by chance. Mortal men created them in the male image, which means they created the creator his self WITHIN THE THEOLOGY as a male bigot of the worst bigotry EVER.

Quesnel, Canada

#500408 Dec 16, 2013
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following……….

700—401 B.C.

Religion

Few men become arhats, and even fewer women; the only higher level is the achievement of nirvana (the end of the cycle of suffering caused by continual reincarnation), and it is believed in the Buddha’s day that women are incapable of achieving nirvana at all. They must be content with being as holy as possible in the hope of being reborn as men—and then they can reach nirvana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 27 Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web