Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#500355 Dec 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, is the King a practicing Jew in Judaism, or a practicing Catholic in Catholicism?
I'll watch you with words perform your usual dance of the idiots!!!
June

Not an either/or situation. Though you portray it as such.

Jesus fulfilled the Law in the Old Covenant, and he ushered in a New Covenant.

He thus is the pivotal person in history. And though you may not desire it to be the year of our Lord, 2013. It is what it is....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#500356 Dec 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When Robert F was an Atheist, he claimed that religion was based on the premise of FEAR.
Now that he is back into Catholicism, he claims that he is moved by God's "spirit" of FAITH.
How CONvenient.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
November 14, 2009 … my father’s birthday.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert
June

Since you were a child, you knew the preachers were wrong.

I admit, that I must learn by my mistakes.

You never learned.
truth

Belair, Australia

#500357 Dec 16, 2013
life is not as others nice lips think

live your life as could
its free gift from god
have free life

Which gift you liked?
Did you prosecuted prophets?

your gift must be wraps in nice papers as materialistic or with value..

they wraps in blade in graveyards even you can't recognize body

they are Marty
they pooling them full of blade around neck and body
into graveyards in deep water

Christmas and Easter are time for prayers for your love-ones who past
away too.
Which gift you going give to them?

find what is lost
Did someone know what they lost as well where?

Is that alive gift when you can find and tell others they are wrong?

What they tell to you?
you are mental..go visited your doctor this or that..

Did they not cover up whats happen or they not believe?

Did you think God never give gift for others?

yes God giving gift for others..that gift is not materialistic or worthy with your money..no
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500358 Dec 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
Greetings All
Tomorrow, December 17 begins a week of history for all Christians, and is remembered at least as far back as the 5th Century(and probably farther). It is known as the "O Antiphons", which are still sung, but more recently known as the hymm, "O Come, O Come Emmanuel".
I hope you have time to reflect on them....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_antiphon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_come,_O_come,_...
I hope and desire for you all a rich a blessed time until we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
Hey, Robert, I posted about them, too! Great minds and all that, lol!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500359 Dec 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whos mocking Christ and His mother? Not I...never once have I done that..This is a debate forum. Not solely yours.And don't forget, you insulted me first. Scroll back and read.
The forum is also for people who are like minded to post on the wonders of the Holy Catholic Church. Not to read how you hate the Holy Catholic Church so much. You remind me of that creature from the Hobbit, the one who is so infatuated with sin.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500360 Dec 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ENIUGH.
....it's,Advent ..your fellow,Catholics,are talking of was to praise God ..
You just can't help it can you ...???
Only when you post stop the hate, sera.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#500361 Dec 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whos mocking Christ and His mother? Not I...never once have I done that..This is a debate forum. Not solely yours.And don't forget, you insulted me first. Scroll back and read.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> The forum is also for people who are like minded to post on the wonders of the Holy Catholic Church. Not to read how you hate the Holy Catholic Church so much. You remind me of that creature from the Hobbit, the one who is so infatuated with sin.
The "holy catholic church" is not your church. Actually, your church is the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Quite frankly there is nothing holy about the Roman Catholic church. For the record I do hate the organization and the false doctrine it preaches. I do not hate it's members.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#500362 Dec 16, 2013
who="ReginaM"]<qu oted text>
Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed,“My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
Luke 22:41 He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed,
Thank you, yes, I will kneel, and prostrate myself when able, before Almighty God.

----------
So even Jesus prayed in different positions...

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#500363 Dec 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be one of the most ignorant posts I have recently read on this forum. The Bible tells you, according to "Working for the Lord", quote, "if you are not a member of the true church of the bible and if you do not worship according to God's way then you are lost," End quote.
Your statement is to be saved a person must be a member of "THE TRUE CHURCH OF THE BIBLE"? Are you completely out of your mind?
Church membership has absolute NOTHING to do with salvation. NOTHING!!!!!
Then you go on to quote the following verses as a defense for your ridiculous statement. What do these verses have to do with church membership?
Romans 16:16, "Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you."
Matthew 16:18, "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
Acts 2:37-40, 37 "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."
Colossians 3:16, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If church membership has nothing to do with one's salvation then why have you made a career out of trying to get Catholics to leave the Catholic Church?
Another ignorant post. I have NEVER......NO NEVER told anyone to leave a church.
N E V E R! To leave a non-Christian corrupt doctrine teaching and preaching group....YES. Actually, a saved person CANNOT ever leave the church. Why? Because THEY are the church. The church is not a building of sticks and stones located in Rome. The church is flesh and bones.

I Peter 2:4-5, 4 "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

Do you comprende'?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#500364 Dec 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In consequence of the continual disputes over printing privileges, successive printings of the Authorized Version were notably less careful than the 1611 edition had been – compositors freely varying spelling, capitalization and punctuation[http://en.wikipedi a.org/wiki/Authorized_King_Jam es_Version
as had been told to you, the original verse(psalms 110.1) in the OT uses the spelling of lord, not cap'd Lord.
but hey, a person like you with the iq of a pro-simian would never know the difference
Last call..
Show me the term "lord" in reference our Lord, in Scripture, and I will back off. I am readinng the text of the Infallible Sacred Word and I see no such reference....Do you???
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500365 Dec 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
The "holy catholic church" is not your church. Actually, your church is the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Quite frankly there is nothing holy about the Roman Catholic church. For the record I do hate the organization and the false doctrine it preaches. I do not hate it's members.
So you hate Christ then.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#500366 Dec 16, 2013
This forum says: Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

Question to all Catholics.....Since you and the Vatican say the RCC is the only true church (singular... Being only one; individual.)....whom built the churches (plural...a word indicating that more than one referent is being referred to or described) in Ro 16-16??????

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#500367 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> The forum is also for people who are like minded to post on the wonders of the Holy Catholic Church. Not to read how you hate the Holy Catholic Church so much. You remind me of that creature from the Hobbit, the one who is so infatuated with sin.
And you remind me of the Flying Nun who cant get off the ground.

Location hidden

#500368 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So you hate Christ then.
Copy and reposting false statements again I see....except you made a boo boo...
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500369 Dec 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.ht...

Location hidden

#500370 Dec 16, 2013
Take notice everyone...Husker is putting my posts to OldJG post....
StarC

United States

#500371 Dec 16, 2013
Good News

Jesus is the most important person history,

according to a new internet search programme that ranks Napoleon second and Mohammed

third.

Scroll down for top 100…

The software, developed in the US, scours the internet for opinions expressed about famous people and uses a special algorithm to to predict how important they will remain 200 years after their death.

And it has thrown up some unusual and potentially embarrassing results with Prime Minister David Cameron all the way down in 1,483rd place.

The first Briton on the list is William Shakespeare in fourth place closely followed by Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Adolf Hitler and Alexander the Great.

Kings and Queens of England rank highly with Henry VIII in 11th place, Elizabeth I in 13th, Queen Victoria in 16th and Charles I in 39th.

Surprisingly Nelson Mandela ranks only 356th well below President Barack Obama at 111th and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher at 271st.

Location hidden

#500372 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
You are despicable!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500373 Dec 16, 2013
KayMarie wrote:
who="ReginaM"]<qu oted text>
Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed,“My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
Luke 22:41 He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed,
Thank you, yes, I will kneel, and prostrate myself when able, before Almighty God.
----------
So even Jesus prayed in different positions...
KayMarie
Kay, anyone who has to make excuses for not kneeling before God in prayer, other than physical inability to do so, has bigger problems than forgetting that Jesus also knelt.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500374 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Please, and what your friend said was alright? she put it out there that she actually hates, is rthat okay? Must be to you, so saying she is a kept woman should be okay.
She,was answering your attack on her ..
Trying to keep things,light .
I know from experience that it's,useless,

Your mind goes,to the lowest place possible,..seriously ..She,is,a,married woman . First you say she needs,mental therapy or was,banned...She tried to turn it into a,joke ..your mind went to the GUTTER ..is that a,good place ..really ..no one on THIS thread does,that but you ...not one of your fellow,Catholics ..none if us,or 50s atheists,..maybe that Jumper person..But NO ONE,who claims,to be a Christian talks,gutter like that ..But you .

. Now,this,..please,..KNIT ..HUSKER ..stop it ..maybe this,stuff flies on the abortion forum but not here ..really ...

For goodness,sake it's,the,Christmas,season .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr Jaimie 84,699
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Tue WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis Tue Rico from East Lo... 4
News Muslim Americans Have Some Advice For Trump On ... May 21 Jay Em 7
News Pope Francis says 2,000 sex abuse cases backlog... May 17 hamlet 6
News Pope to canonize 2 Fatima children a century af... May 14 South Knox Hombre 9
More from around the web