Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667945 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Belair, Australia

#500221 Dec 16, 2013
i stop watching tv long time ago
i don't watch any move
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
n

its going over him sinfull man

yee
i see impaact over me

more pray more disturb

i fill fine now
i have nice cold shower
my son return home
oh he say its good have shower yee

yep
i say
he will help and explain why is like that

i drove map
in my country between my people who ever they are not looking they are muslim or christans or atheist
i wrote before on geometric way place by place mostly where war start i find ..its exist what nobody say that exist ..

i don't personal been in war
noooooooooooooooooooooooo

i see what they doing

its going trough him as sin of others
he is not alone i can't recognize he is not that person as in and out
its disturb me more pray more know

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500222 Dec 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
See you all later...have a great day Rose!!
Sorry I missed you ..glad to see your,HERE,..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#500223 Dec 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text> ONE TRUTH
JESUS SAID WE must be born again.....
He also said, "Sell all you have and give the money to the poor."

Have you done that yet ?

You all neither trust nor believe in Jesus. You all have proved it for 1700 years.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500224 Dec 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also surprised when I found out that Catholics are the only ones who kneel in church. I thought everyone did. Not everyone has the Blessed Sacrament, of course, but still....
Some people do prostrate themselves in the Adoration Chapel I go to. I've often wanted to, but then that involves getting up again, lol!
This borrowed from another chat thread:

"To what would they genuflect?
To whom would they kneel?
Most protestant churches are more meeting halls than houses for God. Heck, some of them are gymnasiums.
The body and blood of Christ is not present in them either. Except for Episcopalians, Anglicans and some Lutherans who believe that their communion is the real presence.

When my son was about 5 years old we went into a Catholic Church where the smell of incense hung in the air. We were protestants at the time.
The priest came out and was talking with us about the beautiful church. My son was sniffing the air and smiling. The priest asked him what he thought of the church.
"It smells holy." he replied.
The priest then asked him what his church smelled like.
"Coffee". was his answer.

That's the difference in a nutshell between protestant church buildings and ours I think."

-slyboots
truth

Belair, Australia

#500225 Dec 16, 2013
its have to be understand to understood
ones when you become as instrument its show to you..

ones i prasy holy francis rosary very short i remember i go to sleep og less then second i see so nice beautifull golden light
loving pure golden light..
yee

more pray
i am disturb around me
i can't except any wrong words any more
its heavy argument
i can't believe that i can change
its going over sin of man
not me

more pray its going revile how who where why..

its going be direction zillion/zillion not mist

i need be alone in my prayers
i need be alone around to much talk
i don't liked people who pray i know they are wrong its going toward me yee
i know what they set up
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#500226 Dec 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so ...
1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
God did not entrust the truth to the Church?
"church" as the "called out"

Those who OBEY the Gospel of Jesus Christ who are baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....

SPIRITUAL.....

Baptized INTO the Body of Jesus Christ.....member of His body....

Not Catholic, Baptist, or whatever you want to call it.....
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500227 Dec 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text> ONE TRUTH
JESUS SAID WE must be born again.. whatever we call ourselves ...or others call us,.
Man puts lAbels,..makes,ritual ..uses things ..songs instruments . Chalice . Vestments ...MAN.
JESUS,preached to the heart .HE IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT .
I was motivating one thing away from the RCC...in saying he TBN network was the first on satellite ..the SIMPLE message of Christ is broadcast to people who may not even read ...God's ways,are wonderful ..And obviously when HE said to the ends,of the earth HE knew,it would be done
Don't take everything as an insult to the RCC......I was commenting on a,program I watched about TV in memory of Paul Crouch ..
I like some of their programming ..especially the movies ..
Like the STRANGER series ..it's on one of the networks ...modern take on about six of the parables ..
Also the movie Perfect Stranger ..great messages out here
You are very, very wrong. Explain why we use the most perfect vessel to hold Christ, you remember those nuns tought you that when you receive the Eucharist, you receive Christ. So why wouldn't you want to place the vbody of Chrit in the most perfect vessel we have? something the most flawless would be a precious metal like gold. You never retained what theose precious nuns taught you I guess. It's not their fault. I hope you watched Life isa Worth Living, Bishop Sheen televised this all over in the late fifties into the sixties. maybe the earlyseventies. Remember the movies, Our lady of Fatima story was made into a movie, so was the stoery of Lourdes, a man who was a playright promised the Blessed Mother to tell her story through film. I can go on, A man for all seasons, Thwe Christophers, how could i forget them! TBN, has nothing on these television shows. In fact i got a kick how TBN televised Bishop Sheen's tv show. And i bet he did too, maybe what he promoted would get into the TBN producers and Maybe many former Catholics whop watched TBN came back to the Church because of Bishop Sheen. also many actors and actresses promoted Catholicism in their shows. Beter do your research better , rose.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500228 Dec 16, 2013
Sorry foer all the mispelled words, didn't proof read.
truth

Belair, Australia

#500230 Dec 16, 2013
i past over footpath tonight
yee i see old man and woman sit..o yes some smell but not cofee its marihuana..o yee..i return around ones more i past another two houses no its not smell of coffee its smell of drugs and smoke of marihuana..
yeee

be good

i never smoke any drugs

its going show to me
where that body stay yee
see
?..?/
be good
how?

asked yourself what they doing
its not any sense when you say they are anglicane methodist protestant this or that
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

it is written
people against people
tribe against tribe
nations against nations
marge

Leesburg, GA

#500231 Dec 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you agree that there are many opinions on the Gospel of Jesus Christ? I can't find any reason to believe the first and second century Christians got it all wrong. Check out their writings, you'll see it doesn't resemble yours.
No Other Gospel
6I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.…

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500232 Dec 16, 2013
Sigh
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500233 Dec 16, 2013
"God wants to comfort us in our afflictions and console us in our sorrows, but above all he wants to teach our hearts that he is with us always. He wants to open our hearts to the experience of something that we cannot perceive by ourselves: that the realities of our daily life mean *more*-- not less -- than we understand.

Suffering must be endured not because life is less important than we had hoped but because it is *more important than we can imagine*. It is the place where God is with us."

~John Janaro, "Never Give Up: My Life and God's Mercy"

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#500234 Dec 16, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Final part,
Obviously the context of Revelation 20:1-6 is a part of the design of the book as a whole. Many scholars believe that this section is a symbolic description of the revival of Christianity from a period of bloody persecution. For example, note that earlier (6:9-11) John had seen the “souls” of the martyrs “underneath the altar” crying,“How long, O Master, the holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?”
In chapter twenty, however, the apostle views the “souls” on “thrones” reigning with Christ. For a while, Christianity appeared to have been buried in tribulation, but ultimately, it emerged. It was, figuratively speaking, resurrected.
The Scripture speaks of figurative resurrections as well as literal ones (see Isaiah 26:19; Ezekiel 37:12; Romans 11:15).
It would, therefore, not be inconsistent with analogy of prophecy if we should understand the Apostle as here predicting that a new race of men were to arise filled with the spirit of the martyrs, and were to live and reign with Christ a thousand years (Hodge, 842).
That this resurrection alludes to the triumphs of persecuted saints is further borne out by the fact that “the second death hath no power” over the reigning ones, which harmonizes perfectly with chapter two, verse eleven—“He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.” Thus, the resurrection of 20:6 is a figurative way of saying “overcome.”
The one thousand years, of course, also would be symbolic in scope, suggesting either that the victory of God’s cause—as considered in this context—would be lengthy in span, or possibly the one thousand years may denote the completeness of the saints’ triumph. One may confidently say that the term “thousand” is never used in the book of Revelation in a literal sense.
Conclusion
There is no support for the theory of premillennialism—not in the book of Revelation, nor elsewhere in the Bible. It certainly is difficult to abandon a theory that has been entertained for many years, but when one discovers that a religious view is false, he should reject it in deference to truth.
Jesus Christ taught two resurrections.“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in their graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation”(John 5:29). The apostle Paul did too.“[T]here shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust”(Acts 24:15). Thus both Jesus Christ and Paul taught two resurrections, the first being “the resurrection of life” for the saved, the second being “the resurrection of damnation” for the lost.

In summary, Revelation 20:4-6 begins the 1000 years with the resurrection of the saints. 1 Corinthians 15:51-55 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 teach that the resurrection of the saints, who are called “the dead in Christ,” occurs when Jesus Christ returns. Thus it is the return of Jesus Christ, when His saints are resurrected, that marks the beginning of the Millennium.

Sacramento, CA

#500235 Dec 16, 2013
the biblical Millennium is a time of desolation and ruin, followed by more rebellion, then judgment, and finally, re-creation--when the Lord who first spoke heaven and earth into existence (Genesis 1) repeats His creativity,“His wonders to perform”!

Sacramento, CA

#500236 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are very, very wrong. Explain why we use the most perfect vessel to hold Christ, you remember those nuns tought you that when you receive the Eucharist, you receive Christ. So why wouldn't you want to place the vbody of Chrit in the most perfect vessel we have? something the most flawless would be a precious metal like gold. You never retained what theose precious nuns taught you I guess. It's not their fault. I hope you watched Life isa Worth Living, Bishop Sheen televised this all over in the late fifties into the sixties. maybe the earlyseventies. Remember the movies, Our lady of Fatima story was made into a movie, so was the stoery of Lourdes, a man who was a playright promised the Blessed Mother to tell her story through film. I can go on, A man for all seasons, Thwe Christophers, how could i forget them! TBN, has nothing on these television shows. In fact i got a kick how TBN televised Bishop Sheen's tv show. And i bet he did too, maybe what he promoted would get into the TBN producers and Maybe many former Catholics whop watched TBN came back to the Church because of Bishop Sheen. also many actors and actresses promoted Catholicism in their shows. Beter do your research better , rose.
Quit watching movies and listening to nuns and priests, Can't you read? Read the Word of God, stop learning from nuns. She is correct, you are wrong.

Sacramento, CA

#500237 Dec 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Sigh
RoSesz

God Bless, you are correct in your comments to the Husker fan

Riccardo
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500238 Dec 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
This borrowed from another chat thread:
"To what would they genuflect?
To whom would they kneel?
Most protestant churches are more meeting halls than houses for God. Heck, some of them are gymnasiums.
The body and blood of Christ is not present in them either. Except for Episcopalians, Anglicans and some Lutherans who believe that their communion is the real presence.
When my son was about 5 years old we went into a Catholic Church where the smell of incense hung in the air. We were protestants at the time.
The priest came out and was talking with us about the beautiful church. My son was sniffing the air and smiling. The priest asked him what he thought of the church.
"It smells holy." he replied.
The priest then asked him what his church smelled like.
"Coffee". was his answer.
That's the difference in a nutshell between protestant church buildings and ours I think."
-slyboots
Exactly! But they don't kneel in church even when in prayer, which seems very odd to me, at least on the one hand. On the other it kind of goes along with that prideful and rather ignorant stance of it's just Jesus, the Bible, and me..."I don't need no stinkin' church!" Funny how the Bible says they do, but then that requires obedience and submitting oneself to God-given authority. Don't want to do that, that reeks too much of humility. There's never that balance of faith and reason which we're able to enjoy.

Nice to see you again. Hope all is well and that you're having a blessed Advent.
truth

Belair, Australia

#500240 Dec 16, 2013
i am glad that you explain better then me..
its Marty graveyards
full of blade that you can't even recognize body..

i fill very well
no i don't fill as samantija
not at all any pain
nothing
I am fine pure and clear in my mind.

i am alive i still walk as i am..

ones when you become as instrument
you need understood to understand

no i don't watching tv not any more no
I am not watching move

not personally me
no

n
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500241 Dec 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD...
Hank, every Protestant here claims that God guides them in their reading of Scripture, yet there's vast discrepancy in your doctrines. Who is your authority? It's obviously not God, unless He's misinforming each of you.
truth

Belair, Australia

#500242 Dec 16, 2013
this Christmas for me going to be deference
yee
not materialistic or commercial

i don't wish nothing not at all..

Which gift you liked?

Everything will past my words not!

Did you prosecuted prophets?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 364
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web