Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590564 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#499935 Dec 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In case you are interested in what the terminology time-wise means, here is the explanation.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
B.C., which stands for "Before Christ," is used to date events before the birth of Jesus. A.D. is the abbreviation for the Latin phrase anno Domini, which means "in the year of our Lord," and is used for dates after Jesus's birth. This system of dating has been used for many years by Western archaeologists. Today, however, with a growing understanding that not all archaeologists are Christians, some archaeologists prefer to use the terms: Before the Common Era (B.C.E.) and the Common Era (C.E.), which are exactly the same as B.C. and A.D. but have nothing to do with Christianity.
http://www.digonsite.com/drdig/general/53.htm...
I prefer BC and AD.

Odd that, huh?

Columbus, OH

#499936 Dec 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To call the Lord "lord" is not the act of a Christian...... it is despicable.
Thanks for bring the Word of God to life!!! Quote: Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
You realize the writers of the canonical texts didn't capitalize the term either, since both ancient Hebrew and Greek did not distinguish between upper and lower case, right?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#499937 Dec 15, 2013
hey man, its 9am cst, where is June? At Church?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499938 Dec 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mount of Olives was not split in 70AD .
THERE IS A,JEWISH nation..there are blooming deserts ...as,prophesied ..
I won't be seeing you at your Church ...But God bless you
Good morning my friend, are you saying that you feel this is an event to come and not an event that has already happened. Read this and see what you think, take care. http://www.preteristarchive.com/BibleStudies/...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499939 Dec 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How you would have "interpreted" that verse, say 150 years ago or 500 years ago?
And how would you interpret those verses when the Zionist Nation of Isreal is gone from that place and "normalcy" returns there?
Time has helped us to understand the true meaning, since we have had translators with the tools and knowledge to know what it really says. Thanks be to God we don' t have the cruthch of trying to comprehend back then.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499940 Dec 15, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
That would go against human logic, everything has a start. And that would mean the big bang theory is wrong and that would mean the universe expanding is not true. All make you a confused idiot.
Riccardo
You are certain that your belief in the existence of a creator is based on "logic???"

I suggest any claim that a deity for a fact is real, is based on arrogant claims which amount ONLY to presumption.

For instance, you are certain that your god exists to LOVE you. Hindus are certain that many gods exist to LOVE them. Wiccans believe that a goddess exists to love everybody.

All of you are presuming that you know truth.

I don't presume to know truth. I recognize that my theory is one among other theories.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#499941 Dec 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
Indeed, if not intellectually, you are most certainly spiritually and mystically superior to June.

Examine those feelings. In another time, maybe you would have been privileged to testify against her as a witch. Then you could watch her being tortured just like your god wanted back then.

btw... my God has never had anyone tortured.

Columbus, OH

#499942 Dec 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
June's probably taking her meds.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499943 Dec 15, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Hey baby! We don't roll like that at my church!
We not agree with it,but we don't boss people around about their lifestyles.
This is a new age of reason.
How "charitable" of you to not preach at them that they are evil-sinners, while you are busy looking down your nose at them in the haughty attitude that they ARE evil-sinners."

Tongue in cheek
Liam

United States

#499944 Dec 15, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Time has helped us to understand the true meaning, since we have had translators with the tools and knowledge to know what it really says. Thanks be to God we don' t have the cruthch of trying to comprehend back then.
Time can't permit you to see a different Gospel than what the Apostles taught. I know you won't believe it, but that exactly what the coc does. Your not the Church that Jesus started. Your relatively anonymous. Nobody knows who you are. Your definition of the word of God is not known. Your church buildings are in the back corner basements of a shopping malls.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499945 Dec 15, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
'Oh...I saw JuneVanDerMark raping Santa Cluse,underneth the Christmas tree last night....He didn't hAve a chance,she yanked down his underpants,when he came creeping down the hall.
'Oh...I heard Santa bellow out in pain...as June rang his jingle bells.
'Oh what a sight it would have been if the cops had just rushed in,And saw JuneVanDerMark raping SaNta ClauSe!
That wasn't rape. Santa asked me to do him a favor. He said he's tired of giving and never receiving.

Santa told the police to mind their OWN business, and I was SO proud of him for "standing up" for me ... in two different "manners."

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499946 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text> The Last Day: The End of this Universe
Is god going to commit suicide??? If so, I suggest it's about TIME!

:)
YTube

Marietta, GA

#499947 Dec 15, 2013

The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST ----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499948 Dec 15, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer BC and AD.
Odd that, huh?
Not odd at all. We all have our own preferences.

Arrogant Christians decided that the time before they created their Jesus' myth was irrelevant, because a new era had arrived with a REAL savior. One that was going to save ONLY Christians.

I prefer to go by BCE and CE.

Before Common Era and Common Era tones down all that haughty Christian religious hysteria.

The idea that a god that created the universe existed from time immemorial to wait until a Jew came to earth to convert to a new religion to save only Christians is about as stupid a theory as ever came to human unconsciousness.

But then, those in other religions suffered and still suffer from the same type of arrogant mindsets. They are all waiting for their saviors to come and rescue them from hells in hereafters.
Liam

United States

#499949 Dec 15, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, if not intellectually, you are most certainly spiritually and mystically superior to June.
Examine those feelings. In another time, maybe you would have been privileged to testify against her as a witch. Then you could watch her being tortured just like your god wanted back then.
btw... my God has never had anyone tortured.
btw...My God has never had anyone tortured either. We humans are responsible for all of that. We told God off and now we're essentially on our own in many areas.
I also think its terrible people would burn suspect witches in the name of God.
I tease June but I like her and pray for her everyday.
marge

Ames, IA

#499950 Dec 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see who is posting!!! Horrible ..they keep sliding back over the name
You can zoom out but then the lettering in the posts is too small to see.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499951 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text> Time has helped us to understand the true meaning, since we have had translators with the tools and knowledge to know what it really says. Thanks be to God we don' t have the cruthch of trying to comprehend back then.
The devout believers in every religion before Christianity believed the same. "Finally, a REAL savior came to earth to save ONLY our group of believers. We are the FIRST ones worthy of saving. We will preach the "good new" of HIS coming to all other humans of the world."

And please note that I mentioned the word "HE" ... as all saviors were male ... created in the images of their male theologians.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499952 Dec 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
My God has never had anyone tortured either.
The devout ones that believed in your image of a god tortured and murdered countless humans as heretics and witches.

And still, you place high value on the words they taught and preached as LOVE.

Shame on you for defending such a horrible religion.

Columbus, OH

#499953 Dec 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not odd at all. We all have our own preferences.
Arrogant Christians decided that the time before they created their Jesus' myth was irrelevant, because a new era had arrived with a REAL savior. One that was going to save ONLY Christians.
I prefer to go by BCE and CE.
Before Common Era and Common Era tones down all that haughty Christian religious hysteria.
The idea that a god that created the universe existed from time immemorial to wait until a Jew came to earth to convert to a new religion to save only Christians is about as stupid a theory as ever came to human unconsciousness.
But then, those in other religions suffered and still suffer from the same type of arrogant mindsets. They are all waiting for their saviors to come and rescue them from hells in hereafters.
We are products of our culture.

It is how we use it that matters -- substance over form.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#499954 Dec 15, 2013
YTube wrote:
The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST ----
http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI
Did you happen to look in your mirror that day???

"Within the theology" ... to be anti-Christ, is to believe that Jesus turned against Judaism.

I suggest that if Jesus lived and could speak, he would say "Thank you to those of you who believe that I was and am faithful only to Judaism. Thank you for having faith in my character and for not believing that I went against my Jewish father's will to become an anti-Christ of Judaism."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' 52 min ELIAS IBARRA 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 15 hr Imprtnrd 6
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) May 25 QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
More from around the web