Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#499861 Dec 14, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The only one's that are true are the one's that were performed before John the apostle died. 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).
2. Miraculous gifts will cease when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 13:10).
3. Faith, hope, and love will continue when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 10:13).
4. Hope can’t continue when Jesus comes because hope that is seen is not hope and Jesus will be seen (Romans 8:24).
5. So, that which is perfect can’t be Jesus’ coming because then hope would not abide.
6. Therefore, that which is perfect must come after the time Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
7. Therefore, miracles must cease sometime after Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
8. This was going to happen when the “unity of the faith” came ( Eph. 4:13).
9. The “unity of the faith” came after John wrote the book of Revelation ( Rev. 22:18,19).
10. Miraculous gifts ended after John wrote the book of Revelation.
Your Christian indoctrination is SHOWING OFF!!!

Truth is another "question."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499862 Dec 14, 2013
From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

Female genital mutilation predates Islam. Not all Muslims do this, and a few of the peoples who do are not Islamic. But in Somalia, where virtually every girl is excised, the practice is always justified in the name of Islam. Uncircumcised girls will be possessed by devils, fall into vice and perdition, and becomes whores. Imams never discourage the practice: it keeps girls pure.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499863 Dec 14, 2013
Female genital cutting

Cultural and religious aspects

Al-Azhar Supreme Council of Islamic Research, the highest religious authority in Egypt, issued a statement saying FGM/C has no basis in core Islamic law or any of its partial provisions and that it is harmful and should not be practised."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_c ...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#499864 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> The only one's that are true are the one's that were performed before John the apostle died. 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).
2. Miraculous gifts will cease when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 13:10).
3. Faith, hope, and love will continue when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 10:13).
4. Hope can’t continue when Jesus comes because hope that is seen is not hope and Jesus will be seen (Romans 8:24).
5. So, that which is perfect can’t be Jesus’ coming because then hope would not abide.
6. Therefore, that which is perfect must come after the time Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
7. Therefore, miracles must cease sometime after Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
9. The “unity of the faith” came after John wrote the book of Revelation ( Rev. 22:18,19).
Working for the Lord

Peace

I have seen you use this "logic" in several of your posts. And I felt it time to point out that it is based on a "negative conclusion from affirmative premises". In short it is a logical fallacy.

To begin with your negative conclusions, in your item 6 and 7, are fallacious. It is a rather simple to see, when you line item the development of the argument. But in short, you have to many sequenced items to draw a literal conclusion. And there are a lot of assumptions one must have in moving through your exegesis....

You might try and using something a bit more simple, when copying down.... I can really dig into this if you want. But suffice it to say, the person who wrote this piece you copied did not use reason and logic.

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499865 Dec 14, 2013
FGM in traditional African cultures and religions

The traditional cultural practice of FGM predates both Islam and Christianity. A Greek papyrus from 163 B.C. mentions girls in Egypt undergoing circumcision

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states that the custom of FGM "cuts across religions and is practiced by Muslims, Christians, Jews and followers of indigenous religions."[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_ ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499866 Dec 14, 2013
Watching this,tribute,to Paul.Crouch and,how,TBN,got started,

Amazing from a,little station in California.

Say eh a you will about them ...think how,many souls, has,been led or even HEARD about Jesus,through the,programming and,preaching on that network ...
They,almost could,not get the,broadcast going ..something physical was
In the,way of transmitting ..They had,put every penny into the station.

Great.....

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499867 Dec 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Think she,means,one of the posters,..
If I follow,correctly
Human Being aka Robert F
Not sure,
Thanks, I know, but with Vanderkamp, we need to respond with nonsense to her nonsense.

Sacramento, CA

#499868 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe that Jesus went to hell ... HUH?
:)
I don't believe Jesus existed period.
However I suggest that within the theology ... that had Jesus existed, he might have chose to spend eternity in Christian hell with the other faithful Jews rather than choosing to abandon his Jews who were faithful to his Rabbinic Jewish sermons.
At any rate, I believe that all religion is philosophical mental junk!
June VanDerMark

If you don't believe, why does it bother you so much if another person does in fact believe? Why do you act so afraid? Why are you so scared if there is no God and life was created from a puddle of crud?

Riccardo

Sacramento, CA

#499869 Dec 14, 2013
All according to the "Church of Christ". A well known Cult. They claim to have THE Way; THE Truth; and THE Life, and that no one gets to heaven without being a part of their organization!

Jesus has a lot more for you than just a "religion." "How did the thief on the cross get to heaven without being baptized?"

"How did Cornelius get saved before he was water baptized?"

"Why did Paul say that the Lord did not send him to baptise but to preach the Gospel?"

"Why do we forbid to speak in tongues?"

"Why do we reject musical instruments if God never said to?"

"Why do we teach that we are the only true Christians?"

"Why do we never talk about the Holy Spirit when he is mentioned on virtually every page of the New Testament?"
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499870 Dec 14, 2013
Theologians tend to put RULES in their theologies as truth from gods, and then other theologians remove the RULES as not having any connection to truth whatsoever ... and more often than not, the followers keep on following as though nothing out of the usual has occurred.

Christians used to burn innocent people as "heretics" at the stake. And when that practice was banned, people kept on practicing Christianity as though nothing out of the usual had occurred.

Those in religion killed homosexuals as god-offenders and believed their efforts were NOT in VAIN.

I don't know what it takes to de-hypnotize those in religious cults, but I suggest that for some it's a long, long process, and for others, they will die having never asked any questions of their own indoctrinations.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499871 Dec 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, I know, but with Vanderkamp, we need to respond with nonsense to her nonsense.
Oh ..Lol.ok

Took me a couple of months,to figure it out
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499872 Dec 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
If you don't believe, why does it bother you so much if another person does in fact believe?
Because people in religion are not in control of anything but what their specific theologians put in their brains.

The Catholics and Protestants on this forum are but an example of the right-fighting over dogmas that occur all over the world with killing often being the end result.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499873 Dec 14, 2013
I suggest we might never know how many boys and girls had their genitals mutilated, most of them without anesthetic ... and all because theologians taught that it was expected by the gods.

Criminals one and all!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499874 Dec 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ..Lol.ok
Took me a couple of months,to figure it out
It took you a couple of months to figure out that I was posting???

Have you got it sorted out NOW?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499875 Dec 14, 2013
From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

Many girls during or after their excision, die from infection. Other complications cause enormous, more or less lifelong pain.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499876 Dec 14, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did exist. That's really not open for serious discussion. You won't find a normal historian who'd argue against his existence.
I think it was CS Lewis who said "Jesus was either a lunatic, fraud or who He claimed to be" which is the Son of God and savior of the human race.
Christianity should have been destroyed within the generation of the Apostles. There is no reason something like that would have survived. They taught that they were the continuity of Judaism. Their founder (Jesus) was supposedly the Son of God- yet He was executed like a common criminal? He wasn't 'powerful'. He wasn't a mighty king. Christians in the first century must have looked ridiculous following a 'deceased' king of the Jews.
And on top of that, His closest followers were also executed; People were jailed or killed for talking about Him; 30 of the first Popes or Bishops of Rome were executed.
This religion shouldn't have survived unless it was legit.
Why should Christianity be destroyed for? Christianity came here for a reason, this reason has been known since the days of Moses, because God had chosen the Israelites to be his chosen people and it was written down that this Christianity era was to come, which gave hope, so this is the reason for it to continue until the Lord comes to take us home. Do you know by studying you can know the answers to all of this because they do exist. Is there a reason why you don't study the bible to find out the answers like you do with other books?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499877 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tell me how I can deny something that I said Happened?
you are tipesh.lol
No need to....read your post!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499878 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Why should Christianity be destroyed for? Christianity came here for a reason, this reason has been known since the days of Moses, because God had chosen the Israelites to be his chosen people and it was written down that this Christianity era was to come, which gave hope, so this is the reason for it to continue until the Lord comes to take us home. Do you know by studying you can know the answers to all of this because they do exist. Is there a reason why you don't study the bible to find out the answers like you do with other books?
Did you ever answer me as,to has,this,yet occurred .
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

If not you are,wrong ..sorry ..in that Jesus,is,not returning to the earth
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499879 Dec 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
And when you dis all religions, and put your own philosophy on a pedestal...., well, there IS nothing more to tell....(smiles)
When you dis your own religion, ALONG with other religions, then you will be FAIR, and that could put a GENUINE smile on your "face."

As it is now, you a lop-sided Catholic.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499880 Dec 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever answer me as,to has,this,yet occurred .
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
If not you are,wrong ..sorry ..in that Jesus,is,not returning to the earth
If you were a Jew, would YOU want to return to earth and get in between the fights of Catholics and Protestants concerning who owns your affections???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Married in 10,663
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web