Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653910 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#499807 Dec 14, 2013
"Why Me Lord"
by Kris Kristofferson

http://youtu.be/1tA7E7pbUws

Thank you Lord Jesus. Thank you...Thank you....Thank you.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#499808 Dec 14, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Sir, can you perform miracles, if not then you are not been blessed with the holy spirit the apostles had, and nor should you have the ability as the apostles had, as this was for them only. The only way to be saved is to be baptized in water and then you will have the holy spirit. Can you speak in tongues, if your answer is yes, then that means you have the holy spirit that the apostles had, and again I can assure you, you can't speak in tongues. Do you know what speaking in tongues actually is? Speaking in tongues simply means speaking to someone in their language, for instance, someone speaks Greek and you have the gift that the apostles received, then even though you never spoke Greek you would be able to because you have been blessed with the gifts that the apostles have, and you don't have that gift. Sir speaking in gibberish to God is just that, Gibberish, which isn't anything at all. Miracles and the gift of speaking in tongues which means simply speaking in another language have ceased when the last apostle died, which means you are being taught nothing more than false doctrine and are lost.
Working for the Lord

I have heard someone speaking in tongues. She spoke English, Spanish, and Croatian, even though she could only speak in her native tongue, Italian. This was confirmed by our group of people who heard her speaking in their native tongues, on the need to love Jesus more and more....

I agree that the gibberish polyglot that is popularly known as speaking in tongues is from a false desire, mainly to fit into the group. Some people even practice this gibberish as a form of discipline to self-authenticate their experience....

However, having heard someone speak in multiple languages at one time, I disagree with your presumption that speaking in tongues, and miracles have ceased.

You might want to examine the issue of miracles as being signs. Please note, that the Book of John is also called the Book of Signs. And more or less it is not up to us to "do" miracles or signs, this is up to God, working through us, and all of Creation.

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#499809 Dec 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Such a deal I got for you....Become a Jew, and be an atheist too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
(It seems the norm for at least half of American Jews.)
This one ought to please your king-sized ego.

It seems the opinions were all compiled by Christians as was the anti-Semitic new testament.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Opposite Word of Catholic:

"narrow, narrow-minded, specific"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp

Prince George, Canada

#499810 Dec 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are consistent...you deny the truth wherever you see it:
miracle: force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself):--ability, abundance, meaning, might(-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle(-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.
Like it or lump it, it was written, so it MUST BE TRUE. Sarcasm intended. Do you believe that a Protestant wrote the following???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Prince George, Canada

#499811 Dec 14, 2013
Opposite word

Muslim

No result for Muslim

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

GEE ... I wonder why.?

:)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#499812 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather be a died in the wool Jew, faithful to Judaism, than to be a pompous-assed Catholic such as YOU.
And I suggest you keep in mind that the Catholic religion is losing many previous followers to the new fad in religion ... Wicca.
The goddess would not choose YOU as being special over others, as does your teaching within the idiocy of Catholicism.
June

To each her own....

Silly pagan fad

Prince George, Canada

#499813 Dec 14, 2013
Hahahahaha Can you TELL who compiled the data???

Opposite Word of Protestantism

No result found for keyword ProtestantismType mismatch

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499814 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is exactly what I said to him/her. it is in the future, then signs and wonders and tongues will not be necessary since all of us there will be believers , and the Bible says that tongues is for the unbeliever, not the believer since we don't have to be convinced, Our Souls are already saved.
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#499761 1 hr ago
So why are you believing in miracles when the bible tells us that miracles ceased when the last apostle died, 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).
2. Miraculous gifts will cease when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 13:10).
why are you coc cultists changing the Word of God.[this verse is futuristic], not in the past tense, since He has come once, and still to return as that verse indicates.
you are like hank, don't know much , do you?
this is what happens when we come into contact with cultists, they always will try and change the Word of God, like the devil trying to make God into a liar.
IMO he's,free to do as he chooses,..I'm.no expert ..But I disagree with his,reasoning ...
I disagree with a,lot of it ....I doubt he,will convince any one to go to his,Church

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499815 Dec 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are consistent...you deny the truth wherever you see it:
miracle: force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself):--ability, abundance, meaning, might(-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle(-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.
tell me how I can deny something that I said Happened?

you are tipesh.lol

Prince George, Canada

#499816 Dec 14, 2013
I tried the word Protestant also, but no results.

I guess Protestants have to be Catholic before they can "legally" have an opposite group of narrow-minded believers.

Hahahahaha ... how funny!

Prince George, Canada

#499817 Dec 14, 2013
It's a fact that no Catholics had a HAND in writing the King James version of the new testament.

And it's a fact that no faithful Jews had a HAND in writing the "original "new testament.

Those in religion are fickle THAT way. Theologians stick ONLY to their own PLANS.

Prince George, Canada

#499818 Dec 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
To each her own....
Silly pagan fad
To each her own ... HUH???

You just put down paganism to bolster your Catholicism.

And THAT is religion in a nutshell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

There is as much evidence that Zoroaster, at the request of King Gustaph, caused a tree to spring up in a man’s yard forthwith, of such magnificent proportions that no rope could be found large enough to reach around it, as that Jesus Christ caused a fig tree to wither away by merely cursing it.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499819 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of Robert F.
When I post how horrible were the deeds and mindset of John Chrysostom ... Robert laughs it off and carries on defending his religion as being pleasing to Jesus and GOD.
The two of you make a good pair.
June VanDerMark

RFK was a good man, he would not even read your hate filled comments, it's sad he was killed in his prime.

Riccardo

Prince George, Canada

#499820 Dec 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm.no expert ..
AHHH now ... those who speak for "gods" all belief they ARE experts in their own 'fields."

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499821 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I Believe in God the Father Almighty:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, our Lord;
3 Who was born of the Holy Ghost and Virgin Mary,
4 And was crucified under Pontuis Pilate, and was buried;
5 And the third day rose again from the dead.
6 Ascended into heaven, sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
7 Whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead;
8 And in the Holy Ghost;
9 The Holy Church;
10 The remission of sins;
11 And the resurrection of the flesh, Amen.
June VanDerMark

I agree

Riccardo
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#499822 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or lump it, it was written, so it MUST BE TRUE. Sarcasm intended. Do you believe that a Protestant wrote the following???
Thanks for the chuckle...

;O)

Prince George, Canada

#499823 Dec 14, 2013
The OBJECT of human emotions in belonging to EVERY religion on earth is to be whole, enlightened, wise, holy and in the "END" ... saved.

Yet most all of them accuse the others of not BEING saved.

The competition is FIERCE!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Opposite word of saved

Unsaved.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499824 Dec 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
RFK was a good man, he would not even read your hate filled comments, it's sad he was killed in his prime.
Riccardo
Think she,means,one of the posters,..
If I follow,correctly

Human Being aka Robert F

Not sure,

Prince George, Canada

#499825 Dec 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
I agree
Riccardo
So you don't believe that Jesus went to hell ... HUH?

I don't believe Jesus existed period.

However I suggest that within the theology ... that had Jesus existed, he might have chose to spend eternity in Christian hell with the other faithful Jews rather than choosing to abandon his Jews who were faithful to his Rabbinic Jewish sermons.

At any rate, I believe that all religion is philosophical mental junk!

Prince George, Canada

#499826 Dec 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the chuckle...
;O)
You are welcome.

Ya can always tell which group wrote the literature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web