Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
482,081 - 482,100 of 533,653 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
Idolatry comes in all forms, Rose.....
23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God certainly wants,our voices,..though mine is,so bad I sing quietly ..Lol
But God gave us,the gifts,of Music ..And,some great talent ..I am sure,He lives,the CreTuveness of His,Creation in praising HIM..And the,sounds,of love from.our instruments,..
Didn't David play for Saul ..And the,Lord,..He,was a,msn after God's,heart ....why would God not appreciate it ..
RoSesz

Peace

It sort of reminds me of the people with "talents", burying them, and investing them....If we do not "invest" our "talents"(skills) then they will be taken away, and given to others.

I find it very difficult to conceive that such literalism in interpretation of the scriptures, would be beneficial to the Kingdom of God, if we did not use our talents(skills).

However, if it regards a certain amount of temperance which prevents the act of idolatry, then all is well and good.

Different strokes for different folks....

Peace
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Hebrews 13:15

15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.

***offer to God a sacrifice of praise.....

***the FRUIT of LIPS that OPENLY profess His name.....

Question:

How is singing a sacrifice to our God?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

We know that God is spiritual......

Wouldn't you think that God wants spiritual worship from us???
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
If an act of worship --is done without scriptural approval,-- it is done without faith...
For faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
Truth

Peace

It seems you are trying to prove a negative....

We do not need scriptural approval. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen....

The hear the Word of God, one needs ears to hear. The act of hearing does not mean that one has faith automatically.

In one case, obedience to the scriptures brings one only so far, but it is repentance, a humble and contrite heart which God honors and bestows the grace of faith....

There is a certain need to be spontaneous in one's faith, which exceeds obedience to scripture as a set of rules. Certainly one learns from scripture and gains greatly from it, but one must live the scriptures, not just follow them....

Peace
Peace

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you preach in churches.
Pastors are too busy with their NEEDY members of congregations and often suffer from burn-out trying to please everybody.
They must continually prepare for the themes of their next sermons.
As do you, I suggest they don't have time, or excess energy to go on forums.
as do I. as I have said many times, I am retired and not able physically to Pastor anymore. as far as studying for a message, I never had to do that. I waited on the Lord to give the message and sometimes it was not given until I stepped into the Pulpit.

but I wouldn't expect you to understand that concept since it is Biblical.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

There's an old saying ... "Too many chiefs, and not enough Indians."

I suggest the same applies to preachers of religion. They all believe they are qualified theologians, and that others should be "followers" of their teachings.

We see that mindset on forums every day.

Ordained preachers of today don't have the respect in their churches as did preachers of old. The members of congregations are often argumentative concerning dogmas.

That is why there is approximately 38,000 Christian denominations, as more and more self-ordained preachers split of into more and more splinter-groups.

And yet as they preach, it seems they don't want to awaken to the idea that what they preach as truth is simply based on philosophy.

Self-perceived leaders aren't willing to be followers. So ... metaphorically stating ... there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
the true worshipers
:)
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

you can't be liar to holy spirit..

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very difficult to conceive that such literalism in interpretation of the scriptures, would be beneficial to the Kingdom of God, if we did not use our talents(skills
The church fathers DID use their skills, when they insinuated that the only Jew on earth worthy of idolization willingly skipped and hopped from Judaism into Catholicism.

Now THAT devious insult against the faithful Jews took talent and skill.

You underestimate the skill of your cunning Catholic theologians Robert F.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
Peace
It seems you are trying to prove a negative....
We do not need scriptural approval. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen....
The hear the Word of God, one needs ears to hear. The act of hearing does not mean that one has faith automatically.
In one case, obedience to the scriptures brings one only so far, but it is repentance, a humble and contrite heart which God honors and bestows the grace of faith....
There is a certain need to be spontaneous in one's faith, which exceeds obedience to scripture as a set of rules. Certainly one learns from scripture and gains greatly from it, but one must live the scriptures, not just follow them....
Peace
Peace
You DID state that dear John was one of your favorite Saintly authors, Robert F.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Our churches are not like that; they are truly frightening and filled with fear. God's presence makes a place frightening because he has power over life and death. In our churches we hear countless homilies on eternal punishments, on rivers of fire, on the venomous worm, on bonds that cannot be burst, or exterior darkness. But the Jews neither know nor dream of these things. They live for their bellies, they gape for the things of this world, their condition is not better than that of pigs or goats because of their wanton ways and excessive gluttony.

John Chrysostom
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blathering on as usual Robert, so let's simplify it.
You believe that your Catholic heaven and hell are real, and I believe your are playing mental games of illusion.
June

I am not a literalist when it comes to the Bible, or the writings concerning the Bible by others.

People try to describe the indescribable. That is why simplifying often proves an obstacle.

Rather, I take a more an apophatic view of things. And that of course is in direct contrast with hard-core realists. And is the reason we contrast each other's thoughts so nicely....

I see realism, dependent upon the senses, as subject to gross illusions, and biases(Most of psychology agrees)

Peace

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

So, according to John Chrysostom, had Jesus stayed faithful to his Judaism, he also would have been nothing more than a pig or a goat.

Robert F is a fraud, as was his supposed SAINT John Chrysostom.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the polytheist gods of the Hebrew belief system were delusions???
I bet ya a dollar to a doughnut that you DO!
:)
June

I am not an expert in ancient polytheistic gods of the Hebrews. But it sounds like they were like a lot of other groups and tribes. People ascribe all sorts of imaginings to belief systems....

No bet, you would win.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Dear John, DRAGGED the mythical newly-converted-into-Catholici sm Jesus into his own hatred of the Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

John Chrysostom
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

i walk as i am tired
yee
i liked fresh air
yee
as explosion in heart as flower start blossoming oh i say
then i see oh car coming..could you see that sense yee as you play qunelle..yee you can't mist to much nooooooo

dear god if i put innovation
as in within
as loving power as many universum fit and control

Dear god did you know whats that mean?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are almost as slick with your double-talk as is the master of slick ... Billy Graham.
June

There is an art and skill, which requires discipline in order to talk to someone intent upon insulting me to some kind of rude awakening....

But it is second nature to me(smiles).
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

“And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess: but be filled with the Spirit: SPEAKING to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, SINGING and MAKING melody in your HEART to the Lord.”

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, SINGING with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks unto God and the Father by him.”

Look at the expression,“IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

What does this mean to you?

Don't you think that we must do in worship only what God authorizes!!!

Are we worshiping OURSELVES (entertainment for me, to make me feel good) or are we worshiping our God in SPIRIT and in TRUTH???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a literalist when it comes to the Bible,
Your pretense that you are so NICE, is nauseating!

If you didn't believe that Catholicism had its benefits FOR you ... you wouldn't BE a Catholic.
You would have been "satisfied" with being a Protestant.

You admitted that your study went back as far as Catholicism and stopped THERE.

Had you gone back to Jewish history, you would have learned that they taught that Jesus is a fake messiah. But you didn't WANT to know what the Jews believed ... DID you Robert F???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Truth wrote:
“And be not drunk with wine
YUP! instead ... stay drunk on your favorite biblical scriptures that reward you with the idea that YOU are saved and others will spend eternity in a well-deserved hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 1 hr Kop 2
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 2 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 11 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 12 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••