Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683925 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#499775 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<what is going over your head is that I was saved by His Power, that is a miracle
I suggest that none of the human-created gods ever said anything ... and that braggarts such as you have said far too MUCH!

Anyone can brag that a god loves him/her ,,, and you are living proof of such silliness.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499776 Dec 14, 2013
John 7:37-39

King James Version (KJV)

37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

<<

<

=
=

>

>>
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499777 Dec 14, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The power of prayer and a rabbit foot.
YUP!

They think they have witchcraft type of power to order the gods to believe whatever the believers believe.

Silly stuff in deed!

"You will believe as I believe God, or I will fire you."

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499778 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I disagree. Religion is good.
It keeps most of these wingnuts from raping their sisters or murdering their parents. Some humans are not so predisposed, but many are. Religion is for those who are.
Ramen
OH stop bragging about your pasta-god. It has no back-bone whatsoever. It's comparable to the reformed Wiccan goddess, who I've been informed loves everybody ... even me.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499779 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
The power of prayer and a rabbit foot.
Are you aware that Atheists are welcome to join Wicca and keep their own mindsets intact? Now ya can't GET a deal such as that in any other religion.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499780 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have FEAR of a devil.
Live and learn from history ... or NOT.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…
What went wrong in Bamberg? Underlying everything that happened was a desperate fear of the power of the Devil, combined with a general belief that this power was being exercised through the witches. Without this fear, the overriding impulse to stamp out the contagion would not have been present. What triggered a fear of the Devil in this case seems to have been a crop failure, a local disaster during a period of disasters.
Fear of God, yes, fear of the devil, no. Having the fear of God eliminates all fears, that's the joy of being a Christian. Being a mature Christian has it's perks, after all of these years of dedication this is the perk of having no fear I enjoy, what about you?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499781 Dec 14, 2013
Isaiah 23:13-17

13 Look at the land of the Babylonians,
this people that is now of no account!
The Assyrians have made it
a place for desert creatures;
they raised up their siege towers,
they stripped its fortresses bare
and turned it into a ruin.

14 Wail, you ships of Tarshish;
your fortress is destroyed!

15 At that time Tyre will be forgotten for seventy years, the span of a king’s life. But at the end of these seventy years,~it will happen to Tyre as in the song of the prostitute:~

16 <<“Take up a harp, walk through the city,
you forgotten prostitute;
play the harp well, sing many a song,
so that you will be remembered.”>>

17 At the end of seventy years, the Lord will deal with Tyre.~She will return to her lucrative prostitution and will ply her trade with all the kingdoms on the face of the earth.~
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499782 Dec 14, 2013
Isaiah 24:6-9

6 Therefore a curse consumes the earth;
its people must bear their guilt.
Therefore earth’s inhabitants are burned up,
and very few are left.

7 The new wine dries up and the vine withers;
all the ~~~~~merrymakers groan.~~~~~

8 <<<The joyful timbrels are stilled,
the noise of the revelers has stopped,
the joyful harp is silent.>>>

9 No longer do they drink wine with a song;
the beer is bitter to its drinkers.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499783 Dec 14, 2013
When Martin Luther dragged "god" into the Protestant religion, he made "god" promise to never again love those vile Catholics.

It was only fair, because when the Catholics dragged "god" into Catholicism, they forced him to drop the title "Jehovah" and to never again love the Jews as his chosen few.

Mortal men always were pushy with their gods.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499784 Dec 14, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Fear of God, yes, fear of the devil, no.?
NO!

I learned to just say "NO" to ALL preachers of all religions.

Location hidden

#499785 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I got that info from a guy by the name of mike who is a coc cultist. here is what he says about the holy Ghost.
The failure of the modern miracle workers to duplicate the miracles of the apostles is indisputable proof that they have not received the baptismal measure of the Holy Spirit. And, in fact, no man living in the world today has been baptized in the Holy Spirit.- See more at: http://www.scripturessay.com/have-miracles-ce... .
this tipesh needs to read the Bible, especially the 7th chapter of John concerning the Holy Ghost. "out of his belly shall flow Rivers(getting Blessed) of living water, and this is speaking of the Holy Ghost. I experienced this Baptism of the holy Ghost 36 hours after I was Saved.
Let God be true and this cultist a liar, along with all the other coc cultists on this forum
Sir, can you perform miracles, if not then you are not been blessed with the holy spirit the apostles had, and nor should you have the ability as the apostles had, as this was for them only. The only way to be saved is to be baptized in water and then you will have the holy spirit. Can you speak in tongues, if your answer is yes, then that means you have the holy spirit that the apostles had, and again I can assure you, you can't speak in tongues. Do you know what speaking in tongues actually is? Speaking in tongues simply means speaking to someone in their language, for instance, someone speaks Greek and you have the gift that the apostles received, then even though you never spoke Greek you would be able to because you have been blessed with the gifts that the apostles have, and you don't have that gift. Sir speaking in gibberish to God is just that, Gibberish, which isn't anything at all. Miracles and the gift of speaking in tongues which means simply speaking in another language have ceased when the last apostle died, which means you are being taught nothing more than false doctrine and are lost.

Location hidden

#499786 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!
I learned to just say "NO" to ALL preachers of all religions.
Freewill allows for this unfortunate choice. On the other hand the joy of having freewill can put you in contact with a creator who loves you and wants only the absolute best for you, and hopefully someday you will find out this to be true.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499787 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> When you say miraculous you are not really defining what you are actually saying because I am talking about miracles as defined by the bible and the dictionary, which states a miracle is something like for instance, raising the dead or healing someone from an illness or disease right in front of your eyes ,meaning instantaneous, like the apostles and God did. I believe and feel free to correct me that what you are implying are things that are similar to miracles such as someone who is clinically dead and is resuscitated back ,that's what I think you are referring to, and if so that's not define as a miracle because we have the medical capability to resuscitate someone that is clinically dead, but we do not have the ability to resuscitate someone that is biologically dead , meaning no brain activity at all ,these people cannot be resuscitated back. So what I am saying is some people may think that a person who was resuscitated back from a clinical state may think of that as a miracle, and they would be wrong. As I said miracles are when people who have been dead like Lazarus and brought back, that's a miracle. As the bible clearly says, miracles have ceased, and they ceased when John the last apostle died.
I don't need to see,dead people,walking to know,God,does,wondrous,things in our,lives,..as,for me,they ate,miracles,..interventions by the,Lord of our,life IN OUR lives,..
And I'm not talking about things,seen on tv either .
You believe as,you want to
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499788 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Sir, can you perform miracles, if not then you are not been blessed with the holy spirit
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

Christians are in the habit of assuming that all the miraculous reports in the bible are unquestionably true, while those reported in pagan bibles are mere fables and fiction.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499789 Dec 14, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

We might refer to many other cases of pagan miracles attested by monumental evidence if our space would permit—such as the names of many persons engraven upon the walls of the Temple of Serapis, miraculously carved by the God Esculapius.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499790 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Sir, that's not a definition of a miracle. A miracle is one that Jesus and the Apostles did, like raising the dead, making somebody that has never been able to speak or hear to suddenly hear, these are miracles. The bible tells you that miracles have ceased because we now have the bible, so there's no need for miracles. Miracles were used to helo promote the ministry of Jesus, as miracles can get people's attention better and then these people would spread the word of a miracle being performed and that would help bring people to Jesus, because the bible hadn't been completed yet. So why are you believing in miracles when the bible tells us that miracles ceased when the last apostle died, 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).
2. Miraculous gifts will cease when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 13:10).
3. Faith, hope, and love will continue when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 10:13).
4. Hope can’t continue when Jesus comes because hope that is seen is not hope and Jesus will be seen (Romans 8:24).
5. So, that which is perfect can’t be Jesus’ coming because then hope would not abide.
6. Therefore, that which is perfect must come after the time Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
7. Therefore, miracles must cease sometime after Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
8. This was going to happen when the “unity of the faith” came ( Eph. 4:13).
9. The “unity of the faith” came after John wrote the book of Revelation ( Rev. 22:18,19).
10. Miraculous gifts ended after John wrote the book of Revelation. Now that you see that miracles have ceased and the fact that you didn'tknow the true definition of a miracle and now you do, my next question is what does speaking in tongues mean to you? I'm curious if you know what speaking in tongues really means.
Even your quotes,prove you wrong ..WILL CEASE AFTER THAT WHICH IS,PERFECT WILL COME ...future,tense,..he has,not come back YET
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499791 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Freewill allows for this unfortunate choice. On the other hand the joy of having freewill can put you in contact with a creator who loves you and wants only the absolute best for you, and hopefully someday you will find out this to be true.
Free will allows you the stupidity to believe that a god loves you and rejects others.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499792 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Sir, can you perform miracles, if not then you are not been blessed with the holy spirit the apostles had, and nor should you have the ability as the apostles had, as this was for them only. The only way to be saved is to be baptized in water and then you will have the holy spirit. Can you speak in tongues, if your answer is yes, then that means you have the holy spirit that the apostles had, and again I can assure you, you can't speak in tongues. Do you know what speaking in tongues actually is? Speaking in tongues simply means speaking to someone in their language, for instance, someone speaks Greek and you have the gift that the apostles received, then even though you never spoke Greek you would be able to because you have been blessed with the gifts that the apostles have, and you don't have that gift. Sir speaking in gibberish to God is just that, Gibberish, which isn't anything at all. Miracles and the gift of speaking in tongues which means simply speaking in another language have ceased when the last apostle died, which means you are being taught nothing more than false doctrine and are lost.
I DONT SPEAK IN TONGUES AND NEVER HAVE!!!!

THE VERSE THAT I USED SAYS THAT IF A PERSON SEEKS FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS, HE SHALL RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST. WATER IS ONLY MENTIONED AS COMING OUT OF HIS BELLY.

to say otherwise is calling the Word of God lies. do you want to go that far? especially since we are referring to the Holy Ghost, which makes it Blasphemous and means that you will spend eternity in hell.

once while out in AZ, I listened to a tape of a Navajo minister speaking in his own language. He was Preaching about the Lost Sheep and the Good Shepherd going out looking for him. and I know nothing about the Dineh's language, except what the Holy Ghost was giving to me.

water only gets a person wet, it never saves them, especially liars like you and hank et al.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499793 Dec 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe as,you want to
Of COURSE you do!

You want to believe that you are SPECIAL, and only others will be rejected by a god.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#499794 Dec 14, 2013

Pagan Miracles

The famous historian Pausanias states upon current authority that Esculapius raised several persons from the dead

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 7 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web