Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658723 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#499727 Dec 14, 2013
I suggest that the arrogant John Calvin was certain he could ORDER up salvation for his self ... no matter how horrible his own behavior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.

John Calvin
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.

(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

Calvin argued in Institutes of the Christian Religion (1559 edition); “but eternal life is foreordained for some and eternal damnation for others.”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499729 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>mr weasel, it was a spelling error. but lets look at the Bible for our correction.
"The LORD said unto my[ lord], Sit thou at my right hand until
I make thine enemies thy footstool."
It is unfortunate that the translators of the KJV clouded the meaning of David's words by assigning an upper case "L" to that second "lord" in the verse. This "lapse" has unfortunate complications for those who are unable to read the Hebrew text themselves. It fails to follow the normally expected "translators' convention" which uses an upper case "L" to distinguish between two quite different Hebrew words, one of which always refers to God, and the other of which never refers to God. The error has been perpetuated by some later versions (NKJV, NASB, NIV), but has been recognised and corrected, by several others (RSV, NRSV, NEB). That upper case "L" has led many to misuse the verse as a Trinitarian "proof text." However, as we shall see, that is not the intention of the verse at all.
Ps 110:1 ¶ <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Now you are saying the Sacred Infallible Word of God is a joke...it is fallible...wrong...it is in error....

Now I know whom your father is....he is a liar, and the father of it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499730 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then take water again(like hank does) and show us where the word [only] is in those two verses that you use. BTW, the devil uses Scripture to prove his point too and like you he adds or takes away from WHAT IS REALLY SAID.
glad that you had to admit that there are no Commandments forbidding musical instruments and that only comes from your cult.
Sir I was very happy to admit that there's no verses saying that there are no commandments forbidding instruments, because to do that would be to alter common English practice. The translators of the bible wrote it this way because it's improper to put a command to sing only and then say that there are no commandments forbidding instruments, because that's not the way you write proper English.

Prince George, Canada

#499731 Dec 14, 2013
Give an arrogant man,(and now an arrogant woman) a bible, and that man or woman will immediately start preaching AT you how you must believe and behave in order to be rewarded with eternal bliss.

Memory takes me back to the woman who informed me in no uncertain terms ... "Nobody comes between me and my GOD!"

I understood that had she been in power, I would have been silenced immediately for disagreeing with her self-perceived HOLY Christian doctrines.

Religion, more often than not ... created human monsters clothed in god-garbs.

Prince George, Canada

#499732 Dec 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ps 110:1 ¶ <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Now you are saying the Sacred Infallible Word of God is a joke...it is fallible...wrong...it is in error....
Now I know whom your father is....he is a liar, and the father of it.
Those who are convinced that they see evil in other, always perceive their selves to be HOLY servants of gods.

We are not even close to being out of the dark ages.

Prince George, Canada

#499733 Dec 14, 2013
From the book “God’s Bullies,” by Perry Deanne Young comes the following

In the name of Jesus and God, they had perpetrated all kinds of little cruelties on others and had meanwhile fooled themselves into thinking they could do no wrong because they were always carrying out God’s will.

Location hidden

#499734 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
lord in Hebrew in that verse is adonee which means" my Master".
LORD in Hebrew is YHWH.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt26b0.htm
you don't care if you are right or not, just another example of how wicked that you are
The truth:
Lord:'adown, aw-done' or (shortened) adon {aw-done'}; from an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, i.e. controller (human or divine):-- lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with "Adoni-".

Lord: [email protected], yeh-ho-vaw'(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.

Which meaning is proper depends on the context of the verse...no where do I find any Scripture that refers to God Almighty as "adown"....

Prince George, Canada

#499735 Dec 14, 2013
Those who perceive their selves as holy servants of gods are a danger to others. They create "witches" in their own minds as they look outward and spot evil in others. That mindset is not even close to being new.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…

In times of great turmoil, there will always be witch hunters, always fearful accusers, and always witches – for witch hunting is a state of mind. You do not need to have a witch, only somebody whom everybody fears.

Prince George, Canada

#499736 Dec 14, 2013
From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…

Hysteria set loose

In Salem, at the height of the crisis, the girls could say anything, any nonsense at all, and it was believed. Women of sound reputation and lives of great virtue could be brought low by silly girls and hysterical women because the mass of people, including leading members of the government, the law, and the church, believed them.

Location hidden

#499737 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, I believe in miracles. the Biggest is when god Saves a person and changes their live around. my neighbor went to church one night with his wife and he was as drunk as could be. and he went to the altar that night drunk, and stood up sober and never drank again. I gave this testimony a few weeks ago as I had just been Saved a few weeks and I pulled out and a mustang ran the red light and was about to hit me, and I said Lord help us, the car stopped a few feet from me, and I wish YOU could have seen the look on that mans face. as he was wondering what kept him from killing me but I knew what Happened. the Lord saved my life that rainy day.PS< hadn't been baptized in water yet either, even tho I had Been Baptized by the Holy Ghost.
people like you and Hank will never see any miracles in your lives or others. you need to get Saved first.
Sir, that's not a definition of a miracle. A miracle is one that Jesus and the Apostles did, like raising the dead, making somebody that has never been able to speak or hear to suddenly hear, these are miracles. The bible tells you that miracles have ceased because we now have the bible, so there's no need for miracles. Miracles were used to helo promote the ministry of Jesus, as miracles can get people's attention better and then these people would spread the word of a miracle being performed and that would help bring people to Jesus, because the bible hadn't been completed yet. So why are you believing in miracles when the bible tells us that miracles ceased when the last apostle died, 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).
2. Miraculous gifts will cease when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 13:10).
3. Faith, hope, and love will continue when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 10:13).
4. Hope can’t continue when Jesus comes because hope that is seen is not hope and Jesus will be seen (Romans 8:24).
5. So, that which is perfect can’t be Jesus’ coming because then hope would not abide.
6. Therefore, that which is perfect must come after the time Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
7. Therefore, miracles must cease sometime after Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
8. This was going to happen when the “unity of the faith” came ( Eph. 4:13).
9. The “unity of the faith” came after John wrote the book of Revelation ( Rev. 22:18,19).
10. Miraculous gifts ended after John wrote the book of Revelation. Now that you see that miracles have ceased and the fact that you didn'tknow the true definition of a miracle and now you do, my next question is what does speaking in tongues mean to you? I'm curious if you know what speaking in tongues really means.

Location hidden

#499738 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what fact? I showed you and everyone that lord is correct.
the facts are this, you attack everyone over some little nuisance of yours. even a young 6th grader. and yes Jesus is God.
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

You deny the truth in God's Word..you are a farce (a foolish or meaningless show; ridiculous sham; mockery)....

Prince George, Canada

#499739 Dec 14, 2013
All ancient books were compiled in such a manner as to teach the readers that they MUST be on constant alert to spot EVIL in other humans.

If you don't put those books down as trash, they can bring you down to behaving far worse than any non-human animals.

I am not on the look-out for seeing evil in others. I perceived that in one way or another we are damaged by the cruelties of life itself, and that has nothing in common with devils and evil.

Religion teaches you to abide by stupid, stupid RULES, written by men with no more common sense than a toothpick!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499740 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that the arrogant John Calvin was certain he could ORDER up salvation for his self ... no matter how horrible his own behavior.
A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.
John Calvin
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
June VanDerMark

I am glad you are done with your Martin Luther hate rants and Billy Graham hate rants and now have moved on to John Calvin, he certainly must be a threat to your atheist pol pot believing mind too?

Riccardo

Prince George, Canada

#499741 Dec 14, 2013
Religion taught and teaches you to be suspicious of other humans as being filled with the evil of devils.

If you refuse to go beyond the word-plots of those philosophizing theologians ... you will stay dumbed-down until you die.

Even the father of Wicca taught that the goddess cursed homosexuals. That was because Gerald Gardner wanted YOU to pick on homosexuals as evil-deviants. He hid his homophobia in his written words ... but they are in plain view for those who want to see.

Religion is NOT good!

Prince George, Canada

#499742 Dec 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
I am glad you are done with your Martin Luther hate rants and Billy Graham hate rants and now have moved on to John Calvin, he certainly must be a threat to your atheist pol pot believing mind too?
Riccardo
You remind me of Robert F.

When I post how horrible were the deeds and mindset of John Chrysostom ... Robert laughs it off and carries on defending his religion as being pleasing to Jesus and GOD.

The two of you make a good pair.

Location hidden

#499743 Dec 14, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>So there is no such thing as free-will at all...period, right?!? Because I mean if God intervenes in our lives, then that means that wr must have a predetermined path and therefore our choices are limited to this path and we shouldn't be punished for our choices because it is what was SUPPOSED to happen anyway, right?!? Because the very moment that predetermination comes into play, then hell as a place for the evil people has to be thrown out of the doctrines! Hey, let me ask U...Do U think Judas Iscariot will burn in hell for his actions of betraying Jesus if he didn't ask forgiveness from God?!(note I said "will" burn in hell because scripture tells us that the judgment comes sometime after Armageddon.)
We have free will and we are not predestined and God does not intervene in our lives. Armageddon is a war between good and evil, not a literal war with weapons. The 1000 Year Millennium is nothing more than false doctrine. When Jesus comes back he will meet us in the air, clouds, he will never step foot on this earth again,1 Thessalonians 4;17, New Living Translation
Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.

Prince George, Canada

#499744 Dec 14, 2013
The early Catholic church "fathers" had ONE aim. And that was to teach all other humans that Jehovah had turned his back on the Jews as vile sinners, and the coming of Jesus was PROOF of how only Catholics were worthy of LOVE.

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#499745 Dec 14, 2013
Gerald Gardner was not the only philosophizing "theologian" to use words to in turn vilify homosexuals.

Observe the other men, whose names hide behind the scriptures, but their homophobia sticks out comparable to sore thumbs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The word “homosexual” did not enter the English language until the 19th century. Please note how men added that word to the later editions of the bibles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

1 Corinthians 6:9

Douay-Rheims Bible
Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

1 Corinthians 6:9

World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/6-9.htm

Prince George, Canada

#499746 Dec 14, 2013
Century after century, homosexuals were imprisoned, tortured and put to death ... by men of the "cloth."

If you don't wake up, others can't do it for you!!!

Prince George, Canada

#499747 Dec 14, 2013
Observe the idiocy of this female philosophizing "theologian" who spent far too much time in her bible. Of course any time spent in the bible will result in mental damage to the individual in the short OR long run.

Anita ended up later as a divorcee.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Book …“Playboy Interview … edited by G. Barry Golson …
Anita Bryant … anti-gay activist……

June, 1978…………..

Playboy: In some jurisdictions, homosexual behavior is now prosecuted as a misdemeanor. Are you in favor of returning it to a felony status?

Bryant: Yes, I think so. Any time you water down the law, it just makes it easier for immorality to become tolerated.

Playboy: Let’s say two adult men are caught in bed, fornicating. Under felony provisions, they could be sent to jail for 20 years. Do you think 20 years in prison would rehabilitate them?

Bryant: Why make it easy for them? I think it only helps to condone it and make it easier for kids who wouldn’t be so concerned if it were just a misdemeanor, whereas a felony might make them think twice, especially the younger ones.

Playboy: What if it doesn’t? Boys should spend 20 years in jail for one act?

Bryant: If they’re on good behavior and everything, and they really—

Playboy: What are you saying—that someone will be rehabilitated and turned away from homosexuality in prison? Surely, you know that prisoners are gang-raped routinely. Someone jailed on a homosexual charge is particularly vulnerable. You must know that.

Bryant: They’ll have plenty of time to think. Just because prisons are corrupt and not doing the right job in rehabilitation because they don’t have enough spiritual emphasis doesn’t mean that there should not be a strong punishment for that.

Playboy: Does punishment lead to redemption?

Bryant: It’s in the Bible.

Playboy: So for one sin, the sin of one man making love to another man, you would send them to jail? That’s the Christian approach?

Bryant: As a Christian, I know the only answer is the Gospel.

Playboy: If Bob told you to do something right now that was against the grain of your thought, would you simply submit to him?

Bryant: I might rebel against it—and I have many times—but, Biblically, I would submit, yes.

Playboy: You’ve gone against your own better judgment?

Bryant: Oh yes. For me to learn to submit was one of the most difficult things in the world, because from time to time I was a little child, I was a very hardheaded, independent human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web