Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665603 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499625 Dec 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I must share this with you...
I can't say that god gave a revelation in this event but recently at a ROMAN CATHOLIC
CHURCH near by..... This happened..
One of the congregants received a message that effected the whole church
I am not sure what was transpiring at the time, but a man there received a definite revelation. I realty don't believe it was divinely instigated though...
The sound of the braying of a donkey...was heard.... loudly resounding across the edifice
breaking the solicitude pomp and pride of the whole ritualistic scene......
I guess the parishioners thought for an sec..... that ST JENNY
THE DONKEY ....
THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CARRIED MARY
TO BETHLEHEM ,...HAD FINALLY SPOKEN...
The revelation was...
that a farmer had forgotten to turn OFF his cell phone ...
confrInting

lol.... That's why they have to remind us before every Mass to turn off the cell-phones. Those thick headed Catholics, just can't seem to remember to do it....

Which brings up a point though, why are Catholics always so quick to think things have spiritual triggers in this world?

To me, it is both a curse and a blessing. It is a cause of much mistaken superstition, but also, could it be that they are "programmed" to think in spiritual terms. The opposite seems true outside of the RCC, where skeptics abound....

I wonder if God prefers the gullible or the skeptic more....(smile)?

Loved the joke!!!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#499626 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that all Jews were faithful to Judaism.
You suggest that it is common-sense theology that Jesus and his mother and the apostles and Peter the first Jewish-Catholic pope all rushed into a new religion, as they just couldn't handle the lies of Judaism ANY MORE!
You are a stupid man indeed!
You must be married to Oscar Mayer because that's a lot of baloney.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#499627 Dec 13, 2013
When did Jesus convert to Christianity?

At the time of the crucifiction, resurection, and ascention Jesus practiced Judaism, and it was many years before the advent of the Christian church, so when did Jesus become a Christian?

I ask this question because I have heard many of today's Christians claim that Jesus was the first and only true Christian. How could that be?

Best AnswerAsker's Choice

You're so right - Jesus was Jewish and a lot of Christians today seem to forget that. I wasn't sure if you're asking a serious question or whether you're just expressing frustration at how arogant and narrow minded some chrisitans can be but I'm going to take it as the former and hopefully alleviate the later in the process.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#499628 Dec 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Use some common sense for once. Doesn't the coc allow for common sense?
You don't know how to read sacred scripture. You don't know what sacred scripture is. I urge you to go to the nearest Universal Church of Christ to get Baptized and leave that cult your in, that ironically calls itself the church of Christ?? That's like Canada renaming itself the United States and taking our constitution and calling it their own.
~~~

Some common sense is so common the it embarrassing..

Those that are True Christians walk in the Spirit. they don't live by the five senses..

they walk in the Spirit...

Many of your Catholic priest are led in the spirit that comes from drinking all the wine.....

they do know what it is to be sober as a judge....

The Bible says...

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499629 Dec 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it....those are sure alot of efforts by a person to do.
You must mean Self, huh?
Maybe you should post the statements by Jesus that reflects what you state above to keep you and others honest enough to admit you are following Jesus and not some "false teacher".
Whatcha got?
NASL

Well..., Jesus talked a lot at first about "repenting", and then went on to talk about heaven, and then how one should live, "love your enemies".

I don't like to quote chapter and verse. Its like using a hammer on a needle in one's ear. If I am pinned down though, I can.(smiles)

Terrace, Canada

#499630 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I would feel just about the same, if today I were to walk away from my local RCC, and attended the local Baptist Church. What counts is on the inside, not the exterior....
I suggest that you are AGAIN lying!!! If you worshipped in a Baptist church, you would believe that you were a traitor to the only true religion on earth.

After all, you believe that you have Jesus well trained by your Catholic "Influence."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Origin of INFLUENZA

Italian, literally, influence, from Medieval Latin influentia; from the belief that epidemics were due to the influence of the stars

First Known Use: 1743

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inf...

#499631 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
lol.... That's why they have to remind us before every Mass to turn off the cell-phones. Those thick headed Catholics, just can't seem to remember to do it....
Which brings up a point though, why are Catholics always so quick to think things have spiritual triggers in this world?
To me, it is both a curse and a blessing. It is a cause of much mistaken superstition, but also, could it be that they are "programmed" to think in spiritual terms. The opposite seems true outside of the RCC, where skeptics abound....
I wonder if God prefers the gullible or the skeptic more....(smile)?
Loved the joke!!!
~~~
you wrote

Loved the joke!!

~~~
it aint a joke...

it happened in the Roman Catholic Church recently on the college campus..

The Man's son told me about it...He was there....

Terrace, Canada

#499632 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Well..., Jesus talked a lot at first about "repenting", and then went on to talk about heaven, and then how one should live, "love your enemies".
I don't like to quote chapter and verse. Its like using a hammer on a needle in one's ear. If I am pinned down though, I can.(smiles)
The Catholic theologians WROTE that Jesus said and did blah, blah, blah..........

I suggest that "within the theology," Jesus would want all Catholics and Protestants to repent for lying about him leaving and abandoning Judaism.

Terrace, Canada

#499633 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Those that are True Christians walk in the Spirit. they don't live by the five senses..
Thought involves your senses, but whether or not your thought make any sense whatsoever, is another issue entirely.

Terrace, Canada

#499634 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Thought involves your senses, but whether or not your thoughts make any sense whatsoever, is another issue entirely.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499635 Dec 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Your still on earth and you're no angel, so what goes on in heaven hasn't anything to do with us now. So while under the New Testament Law why would you not obey God's command. Again, if a sign says do not enter, the odds are you wouldn't enter, so if two verses tell you to sing only in worship, why would you not obey what it's telling you to do? Try as you may you still haven't come up with any proof that instruments are allowed, and my friend you never will. Why is it so hard for you to obey God's command on singing only. Do you believe you should take the Lord's supper every Lord's day? Do you believe you should give every Lord's day? Do you believe there should be elders and deacons in the structure of your church? My church was established in the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost, Can you show me that our church isn't the church I say it isn't?
So your Church uses,only candle light during services,.
No heating in winter from electricity .
AND,you are,not PREACHING on the internet ..
AND your bible verses,come from scrolls,. Not the internet ..

Jesus,said,NOTHING about a lot of things,. I'm sure,HE KNEW what services,would be like when He instructed the apostles,..he did NOT SAYDO NOT EVER USE AN INSTRUMENT WITH YOUR
SINGING ...or any of the,above I've mentioned ..

I am sure,He,knew,..would have said,NO ..HEal card The songs,off David . Good enough for me ...
He,wants,our voices,and mostly our hearts,in praise ...

Terrace, Canada

#499636 Dec 13, 2013
Christians believe their thoughts are divine.

I suggest there is nothing divine about such stupidity.

Catholics and Protestants both believe the other is doomed to hell.

How DIVINE is THAT thought ... especially as they would both have to spend eternity in the same Christian hell?

:)
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499637 Dec 13, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts can be tested. Religion cannot be tested.
Events can be predicted based on facts. Religion has never predicted events (except in hindsight which is always 20/20)
Facts can be proven in a court of law. There is no proof of any religion accepted in any Western court of law. Islamic courts if you prefer, but not in our society.
Hello?
What modern theories do you believe are for the benefit of professors keeping their jobs?
The theory of Gravity maybe?
How about modern medicine. 10 to 1 you use those facts instead of prayer only when you are sick.
Not THAT's a fact you can't deny.
Peace.
Gods R Delusions

The fact is, that if scientists didn't keep on inventing new theories, they would be out of their jobs, and professors as well....In modern times, complete reversals have occurred since the 1950's due to "new" data.

Actually so called "new" data, means that we discover that the old data was flawed, mainly by bias. So new popular biases enter into "new" data, and the cycle goes on.

I am not saying that there is not benefits to medicine, and the sciences, just that they are perpetuating flaws(biases). And its got a lot to do with "who" you know, and not what you know that makes the money flow....

Could it be that Western society, use to have religion as part of its legal process, but now it is more popular to reject religion in Western society? So our legal system, just how good is it now? Protect the rich, sacrifice the poor. Indifferent to justice....Hmmm. That's a real improvement over Islamic societies....or is it?

If the U.S. is so educated, why are most of the college graduates from other countries?
Answer: We have so dumbed down our governmentally run educational (gradeschool)institutions, that few can get into college now....

Wake up!

Terrace, Canada

#499638 Dec 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus,said,NOTHING about a lot of things
Not according to the other Catholics and Protestants. According to those other preachers, Jesus told them that he became a Christian for all the right reasons.

Some of the reasons were Catholic in origin and some of the reasons were Protestant in origin.

:)
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#499639 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian preachers often use that LINE. "Our religion is not based on anything but the bible." How funny! They all put their own personalized meanings into the words in the bible and then write what the words in the bible mean to them ... and they don't recognize the games they play with their own imaginations. Observe the arrogance of the puritan "theologian," Cotton Mather.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.
The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit.
I agree with what you said :

"Christian preachers often use that LINE. "Our religion is not based on anything but the bible." How funny! They all put their own personalized meanings into the words in the bible and then write what the words in the bible mean to them ... and they don't recognize the games they play with their own imaginations. "

That's why protestantism is constantly splittering into differing groups. What's the number up to now? 33,000?

#499640 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text

~~~

Jesus lived his sinless life before us as a human being.....

and he never needed to repent..///

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us,

--> leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin,

neither was guile found in his mouth:

1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled,

reviled not again;

when he suffered, he threatened not;

but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins

in his own body on the tree,

that we, being dead to sins,

should live unto righteousness:

by whose stripes ye were healed.

1Pe 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray;

but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

NOTE
the LORD hath laid on him/JESUS the iniquity of us all.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499641 Dec 13, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about the faith of Jews. I doubt if you have ever spoken with a Jew about their faith. You obviously haven't attempted any serious study, outside what others say Jews believed then and now.
You make things up to fit your delusions and bias.
Creepy.
Gods R Delusions

Are you asking me, am I more delusional than you?

What is obvious, is that you do not know the extent of my knowledge, nor how much Judaism I know, or have studied. I agree, that it is not much. But then it does have a long history. And to consider oneself an expert, would be the height of hubris, and a big downfall awaits.

I am content, with what I know, and when I have a question, I do go and search for an answer.

I have no doctorate on Judaism. Do you?

I suppose I take on your presumptions as a direct challenge, and haven't taken the time to allow you to develop your point of view. I am sorry about that. But time is a factor with us both.

Peace
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#499642 Dec 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing else but Scripture is needed for doctrine, reproof, correction, instructions in righteousness, for the man of God to be throughly furnished to do good works...per Scripture..
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
"Profitable" does not mean "sufficient".
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499643 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are YOU doing on the forum Robert F???
You want me to believe that you studied other religions, before you decided that Catholicism had the best offer.
Fraud!
June

You mean, "What are You doing on the forum Robert F???"

Answer: Its a way to communicate, and understand.

You look for ulterior motives. Some people state directly, like "Working for the Lord", wants everyone to go to his CoC. I find it enjoyable to see how others think....

I find a certain friendship with the people on here, that in general I do not get, due to the rather rural nature of my existence.

You know it June, I have been up front and honest that I have changed my clothes more often than others on this forum, concerning religion. It has been a challenge to integrate them at times....But worth the effort.

You seem to divide/differentiate better, than integrating....But I always liked calculus, where one can do both....
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499644 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that all Jews were faithful to Judaism.
You suggest that it is common-sense theology that Jesus and his mother and the apostles and Peter the first Jewish-Catholic pope all rushed into a new religion, as they just couldn't handle the lies of Judaism ANY MORE!
You are a stupid man indeed!
June

"Stupid is as stupid does...", Forrest Gump.

I suggest that you suggest to much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr Sir 10,376
News Christmas reminds us that Jesus was a migrant l... 5 hr Father Obrien 4
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Fri Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
More from around the web