Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 586635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#499135 Dec 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 4:5, "There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism."
How many baptisms?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, there is one baptism....baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....
There are other baptisms, OldJG.....everyone needs to study them and know what their purposes are for...
Apparently you believe Paul was not telling us the truth in Ephesians 4:5, correct?

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499136 Dec 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, there is one baptism....baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....
There are other baptisms, OldJG.....everyone needs to study them and know what their purposes are for...
Do you get a HIGH, preaching FOR the one you believe is the MASTER of your own thoughts?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#499137 Dec 11, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong,do you think it's wrong to protect your family from terrorist, no and neither does God, and that's all he did, protect his people. Take your time and study and you'll see the true reason why God had to do what he did. What about when God ordered Joshua and his people to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?14 What crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction? God told Moses that the nations that the Hebrew were replacing were wicked.15 How "wicked" were these people? The text tells us that they were burning their own sons and daughters in sacrifices to their gods.16 So we see that these people were not really innocent. For these reasons (and others17), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed. Let God do what he knows to do better than we do and that's destroying evil people.
Pretty sure,everyone here has,been baptized,with water .or is,never going to get baptized .whatever you believe it does,..no one,here is going to go to your Church to get baptized,...really ..

Nothing against you or your Church ..happy you are,content and blessed .
Each of us,WHO BELIEVE in Christ ...has received the Baptism they believe in ...whatever role you feel it plays,..

Peace

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499138 Dec 11, 2013
I suggest that the preachers that were certain they spoke for Christ, believed that those who didn't speak "truth" for Christ ... were the anti-Christ.

When Luther was first a devout Catholic monk, he was convinced that the popes spoke truth straight from the MASTER of truth.

What did Luther suddenly see in the same words in the same bible that encouraged him to preach that the pope was suddenly the anti-Christ?

I suggest that Luther wanted to get married and also to be the LEADER of a new religion, foreign to Catholicism.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499139 Dec 11, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose goes directly to her Father in heaven and He heals her and forgives her every time because she has the Spirit of Jesus and prays in His name.
Exactly ..I do .

As,we,are told we have only one High Priest Jesus,Christ ..

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499140 Dec 11, 2013
ALl Preachers that started a new religion,found it necessary to vilify the popular religion that came before.

The Jews with their one-god dogma vilified the Jews that believed in multiple gods.

Then the Catholics vilified the Jews that created the one-god dogma.

Then the Muslims vilified the Jews and the Catholics.

Then Martin Luther vilified the Jews, Muslim and Catholics et cetera.

And as those in religion vilified each other's religions, they ALL vilified Atheists for not believing in any of their religions.

And on and on it goes.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499141 Dec 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If baptism washes away sin do you believe it is a one time event? If baptism is to wash away sin, and is supposed to be a one time event, what happens when we sin after our baptism? According to your theology we should be baptized again to wash away the new sin. We all sin everyday therefore, according to Roman theology we should be baptized every day or perhaps several times a day. Maybe ALL DAY!
You know NOTHING of baptism. NOTHING!
Water baptism is how you come to be a Christian, after you become a Christian you have an advocate to the Father which is Jesus. We are to try and not sin but it isn't possible to not go through life without sinning. Now that you're a Christian and if you happen to sin you now can be forgiven but with the understanding that you're to try and do your best not to sin.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499142 Dec 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
Pope Francis, Time magazines man of the year.
A good choice, "a man for the people". A no nonsense Pope. If another pope like Benedict had been elected pope the church would soon spiral out of control.
Congratulations Pope Francis. Keep up the good work.
When he steps down from his throne as a mortal men rather than a religious fortune-teller, that is when he will earn my respect.

As he contradicts more and more messages of the early popes, he simply indicates that he believes that those popes didn't speak for any master of truth whatsoever ... but actually were liars.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499143 Dec 11, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes :( Commercial ads constantly appearing on the left of mine, and more on the right.
And video and ads ...could not even see the reply button.
At least it's no hat awful.ad we had before encouraging infidelity ...like a cheaters website ...which was not on other threads ..
Maybe they think Christians,need that ...evil ..they took it off when we complained ..thank God

I thought it was my device ..looked worse than the mobile appearance

But I seems,normal again today ..go figure ..I like the way it used to look ..But that's,me ..

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499144 Dec 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,we,are told
The Muslims also do as THEY are told.

Trained seals!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499145 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text> Water baptism is how you come to be a Christian, after you become a Christian you have an advocate to the Father which is Jesus. We are to try and not sin but it isn't possible to not go through life without sinning. Now that you're a Christian and if you happen to sin you now can be forgiven but with the understanding that you're to try and do your best not to sin.
You are a liar, PREACHER.

Had Jesus lived, he would NOT have been true OR aligned to the will of Jehovah.

He would have been a traitor to Judaism ... as are YOU!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#499146 Dec 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey!, is Jesus the Son of God or God incarnated?! Can't be both!! Use some logic!!
Yes He can and is, He is God.
Liam

United States

#499147 Dec 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If baptism washes away sin do you believe it is a one time event? If baptism is to wash away sin, and is supposed to be a one time event, what happens when we sin after our baptism? According to your theology we should be baptized again to wash away the new sin. We all sin everyday therefore, according to Roman theology we should be baptized every day or perhaps several times a day. Maybe ALL DAY!
You know NOTHING of baptism. NOTHING!
As long as you have free will to offend God again.. and again and again, no one time act will automatically save you. You need to endure to the end to be saved per scripture. That's why OSAS is ridiculous and many born again evangelicals don't even believe it. Catholics were born again when we were baptized. If we offend God we have the Sacraments of Confession and the Eucharist to amend our relationship. We can prove this is how the first and second century Christians understood the Gospel. Some heard it orally from the Apostles. You can't prove your theology ever existed until a couple hundred yrs ago. It doesn't seem to bother you one bit. You need to go to a pharmacist to get some cream for you itching ears.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#499148 Dec 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..I do .
As,we,are told we have only one High Priest Jesus,Christ ..
Did you conveniantly forget what the nuns taught you? evidently yes you have, you are very anti Catholic. Makes me wonder why you hate, yes you do, the Church Christ founded.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499149 Dec 11, 2013
Isn't THIS ironic and familiar?

The early church-fathers committed the same atrocity against the literature of the faithful Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Eventually, other than the KJV, which they steadily attack and remove from book shelves, there will not be a Bible found anywhere on earth that has not been edited and changed to suit and fit the tastes of the Jews and homosexuals. Entire chapters and passages are being ripped out, modified, corrected, as newer versions are produced.

http://www.texemarrs.com/012007/jews_target_c...
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#499150 Dec 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
Pope Francis, Time magazines man of the year.
A good choice, "a man for the people". A no nonsense Pope. If another pope like Benedict had been elected pope the church would soon spiral out of control.
Congratulations Pope Francis. Keep up the good work.
funny you should mention Pope Benedict, Pope Francis says the same as Pope Benedict.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499151 Dec 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you squabbling Catholics and Protestants ever decide for CERTAIN what Jesus the Jew believes ... THAT would indeed convince me that miracles DO exist.
May you all end up in the hereafter together in one container ... and take your damned-able ever-conflicting philosophies with you, and that way, you indeed will get your just rewards.
My friend miracles ceased when the last Apostle died. Miracles were used to spread the word of the ministry of Jesus because this is the best tool to get people's attention and that's why it was used. People lived long distances and miracles helped spread the word by getting people to run to other villages and spread the word that miracles were being performed and this was sure to get their attention then saying Jesus is having a garage sale. First Corinthians chapter thirteen, verses eight through ten, proves that miracles were not to be a permanent feature of Christianity. The apostle Paul wrote,“... But whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.” God does not fail. His knowledge will not vanish away. He is “the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen”(I Tim. 6:15-16). But, the nine miraculous gifts of I Corinthians 12:8-10, referred to by a figure of speech known as synecdoche where a part stands for the whole in chapter thirteen, would cease to be utilized in the working of God in the church. Paul is the one who said miracles would “fail, cease, and vanish away.” Miracles ended with the death of the apostles, who alone could convey miraculous power by the laying on of their hands.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499152 Dec 11, 2013
How absolutely funny.

Christians are disgruntled that the Jews would shape-shift words in Christian bibles. Yet they are happy and more than content that the Christians shape-shifted the religious literature of the early Jews.

Tit for tat isn't so funny when it occurs to what amuses and titillates the emotions of SELF.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499153 Dec 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>funny you should mention Pope Benedict, Pope Francis says the same as Pope Benedict.
I suggest that the only REASON that the popes are now trying to be nice to the Jews, is because they know their earlier teachings of hatred against the Jews is no longer acceptable to modern society.

Religion has the same qualities as chameleons. The preachers can and will change their colors (sermons) to suit the occasions.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499154 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text> the apostles, who alone could convey miraculous power by the laying on of their hands.
According to your self-perceived HIGHNESS, were the supposed mindsets of the apostles Jewish in their religious natures, or of the newly converted to Christianity nature?

You are preaching nonsense.

Jews stay faithful to Judaism. They were and are NOT easily lead into "TEMPTATION" by Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) 1 hr Seeker 665
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Itb 84,154
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Cultastic 9,208
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States Tue Johair_DeadManWal... 2
More from around the web