Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603753 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499010 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Or are you unaware that we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live in newness of life."
"You were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead."
"For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ."
Not as an infant, Anthony....

Baptism is also a lifetime covenant with God/Jesus...

The "new covenant" accomplished what the old covenant could not... the removal of sin and cleansing of the conscience.

What sin has the infant committed???

What cleansing of the conscience does an infant need???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#499011 Dec 10, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
....which fails to address Anthony's inquiry.
"Why must Luther's protestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?"

----------
No, why must the 'poor litle CC' always be seen as the victim, and Luther viewed as a vile mentally deranged person? Of course M.L. did not know everything. But his revelation was/is great. The CC is seen as wrong because she attempts to vilify the TRUTH by condemning a man.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499012 Dec 10, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I dated this Baptist chick once and she gave a hell of a' blow jo,,ooops! parden my French!
There's just nothing as satisfying to a sinner as a good sin-job.

:)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499013 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
This verse isn't necessary to support the necessity of being born again of water and the Spirit in baptism.
This verse has NOTHING to do with being baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499014 Dec 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>AT NO TIME HAVE I EVER SAID THAT I SAW GOD FACE TO FACE. YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT JESUS, THE SON OF GOD, NOT HIS FATHER.
just like hank, when you are called for lying, you take water. again, here is your post indicating that you were talking about Jesus, not His father.
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The last time he verbally communicated with someone was the Apostles, just seconds before he ascended to be with his Father in Heaven.
like hank, you are nothing but a filthy liar.
Sir here are your words in parenthesis,[So again, I talk to Him and I have saw Jesus in Jan. 30, 1965.
NOW YOU PROVE ME WRONG.] Do you deny these are your words? These are your words and I can tell you again, YOU HAVE NOT SEEN JESUS IN JAN 30, 1965.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#499015 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing....
An infant at 3 months old is innocent....without sin....
Psalm 51:5
Rom. 5:12

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499016 Dec 10, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that was priceless !!:)
Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to admit it looked more appetizing than some of the meals I prepared ... er maybe I should use the term "decimated," when I
was first married.

#499017 Dec 10, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Is someone who has faith but not good works still saved?

----------

Is someone who does good works but no faith still saved? KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499018 Dec 10, 2013
The Jewish Book Club recently offered to its audience a book entitled, Antisemitism in the New Testament. The author of this book, Lillian Freudmann, viciously attacks the New Testament, alleging that it is an ugly, hateful book of non-truth, saturated with anti-Semitism, written and compiled by Jew-haters.

http://www.texemarrs.com/012007/jews_target_c...
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#499019 Dec 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you always tell us that we don't follow the teaching of the Apostles so which apostle ever taught that water baptism saved anyone. we know that Peter didn't since the gentiles received the Holy Ghost and then were Baptized in Water.
perhaps you don't understand what peter was saying when he said baptism doth also saves us, Perhaps?
the experience that he had with the gentiles DOES NOT agree with those few words that he spoke later, do they?
we also know, don't we, that Paul called Jesus Lord before he was baptized, don't we?
thru the NT, the correct and only mode of Salvation came thru belief and then followed by water Baptism. maybe Jerome changed the sequence due to more pressure put on him by false teachers?
St. Paul's sins (personal and the stain of original sin) were washed away when he was baptized by Ananias. That's part of what baptism does.

Throughout the New Testament AND the 2000 year history of the Catholic Church, the "mode" for ADULTS is belief and then baptism. The NT only records the conversions of adults (and some families whose children are also immediately baptized on the faith of the head of the household). We baptize adults converts ONLY AFTER they profess faith.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499020 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”
So there is no reason why Jesus said make disciples first and then baptize?
Really Tony...really?
Chuck,

A disciple of Jesus is changing the world in positive ways for generations to come.

Teaching someone to obey is a behavior modification process.

Jesus taught FAITH with ACTION.

"Teaching them to obey everything I have COMMANDED."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499021 Dec 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you always tell us that we don't follow the teaching of the Apostles so which apostle ever taught that water baptism saved anyone. we know that Peter didn't since the gentiles received the Holy Ghost and then were Baptized in Water.
perhaps you don't understand what peter was saying when he said baptism doth also saves us, Perhaps?
the experience that he had with the gentiles DOES NOT agree with those few words that he spoke later, do they?
we also know, don't we, that Paul called Jesus Lord before he was baptized, don't we?
thru the NT, the correct and only mode of Salvation came thru belief and then followed by water Baptism. maybe Jerome changed the sequence due to more pressure put on him by false teachers?
All of the Apostles believed in water baptism and the baptism of the holy spirit you're talking about is to prove only to the world that the gentiles were also saved, that' all. http://www.lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVstudie... "Why did the Spirit come before Cornelius was baptized in water?" In order to answer this question, you need to notice that six Jewish Christians had accompanied Peter to Cornelius's house (Acts 10:23; 11:12). As stated in the text, the Spirit's coming was a shock to these men. "And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God" (Acts 10:45-46). Peter then turned to these same men and asked if they dare object to Cornelius being baptized in water given the obvious testimony of God (Acts 10:47; 11:17).

Also, notice that the Spirit did not come upon the Gentiles until Peter began to speak (Acts 11:15). Here was testimony to all that Gentiles could be saved through the word of God (Acts 11:13-14).

When Peter testified at the gathering in Jerusalem, recorded in Acts 15, he used the example of Cornelius to prove that Gentiles, while remaining Gentiles and not becoming Jews, were accepted by God. Peter did not use the case of Cornelius to prove that everyone should receive the Spirit, or that the Spirit burnt sin out of a sinner's heart, or that the Spirit's coming made him a child of God. Instead, we find that Peter used the baptism of the Spirit as proof that Cornelius and his household should be baptized in water, as recorded in Acts 10 and Acts 11. Peter consistently argued that the Gentiles were to receive the gospel without being bound to the Law. For anyone to claim otherwise would be trying God. "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10).
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#499022 Dec 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Is someone who has faith but not good works still saved?
----------
No. Faith AND good works are necessary for salvation.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499023 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics use this verse to support infant baptism:
15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying,“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”
**Tony...why do you suppose Jesus didn't baptize these children if in fact baptism saves us?
**wait... I got the catholic answer, "it doesn't say He didn't baptize them".
Chuck,

Baptism INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ was NOT a COMMAND at this time....

Jesus was still alive....

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499024 Dec 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
According to the Catholics Jesus had faith in Catholicism. I guess that means Jesus is saved by faith.

Of course you and Martin Luther have a different story, about Jesus having faith in Protestantism.

So whether Jesus is saved by faith, seems to be a matter of "personal" opinion.

Tongue in cheek
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499025 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When does your bible say St. Peter was baptized?
Peter received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit....no water....

Acts Chapter 2...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499026 Dec 10, 2013
If Jesus is still a Jew that's faithful to Judaism, that might mean that he won't be allowed in Christian heaven, and maybe heaven will only be filled with Christian preachers.

Would that be a tragedy, or a blessing?

:)

#499027 Dec 10, 2013
Don't you believe that salvation is a one-time event that happens the moment you accept Christ as your personal Saviour? What evidence is there at that moment?

----------
If you just signed your name in a book, or shook a preacher's hand, there may not be any. But if you truly gave your heart to Him,(LOL), the 'evidence' is overwhelming! He changed my heart and my mind. He gave me a new start in life...and even those around me saw that something different had happened to me!

KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

#499028 Dec 10, 2013
I might be a sadist, but if there is any justice, in a hereafter I suggest that all Christian preachers will end up right where they preached they would be ... spending eternity with those that believe in Jesus.

How many Christian preachers will heaven hold???

Answer ... all of them ... Catholics and Protestants.

I suggest they deserve each other.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#499029 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Within the theology," a REAL Jewish messiah would have said ... "I came to align you to the will of Jehovah. I came to make better Jews out of you, so that after you die in physical body and your soul has risen from the dead, Jehovah will accept you into Olam Haba and reward you with eternal bliss for being faithful to Judaism."
Religion shifts with the wind of each new group of theologians, that in turn are eager to start yet more new religions, as on and on and on they BLOW.
June

You're right ontheMark.

So Jesus must not have been the Jewish Messiah, as some would imagine him to be a conquering hero to worship.... He must have been the Messiah for all people, as promised in the O.T.

Since the time of Moses and the Law, one knows the Prophets tried and failed to deliver the nation of Israel back into the good graces of God. And with most of them being put to death for their efforts, it was time for the covenant of the Law to end.
(Note the N.T. story of the landowner sending messengers to the tenants, and finally sending his son, and all were killed because those living in the land refused to accept them....)

Good job June!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr_SKY 84,435
News Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citize... 2 hr Catholic24 6
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 2 hr Catholic24 41
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr Sir 9,686
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... Wed Catholic24 8
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web