Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687390 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#499311 Dec 12, 2013
By dissing ALL religion as philosophical BUNK, I am fair.

Christians are not fair. They dis other people's religions as bunk and treasure their own mental illusions as the ONLY TRUTH in the whole blamed universe.

Well, to be fair, I'll remove the mentally re-modeled Billy Graham from that list.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499312 Dec 12, 2013
Even more recent is David Penchansky's Twilight of the Gods: Polytheism in the Hebrew Bible (Westminster John Knox, 2005).

http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/ngier/henothei...
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499313 Dec 12, 2013
If ya think about it, if there were many gods, it wouldn't be all that special to be loved by one of them.

But to be personally chosen by ONE GOD ... now THAT is indeed ego-building to the highest degree of arrogance.

"GOD CHOSE 'ME???' WHAT A THRILL!!!"
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499314 Dec 12, 2013
As a child, I never felt comfortable with the hymn "Jesus loves me this I KNOW." I sang it, as expected, but it always left me with a knot in my gut.

Now I understand WHY!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499315 Dec 12, 2013
To be indoctrinated by any religion is not a good thing.

I suggest that parents should be honest with children and teach them the truth ... that religion is all based on philosophy.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#499316 Dec 12, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey!, I really still wanna know why U acknowledge other gods like all those people that have been made saints...do U think that it's "unbecoming" to recognize any figure made on Earth as divine or worthy of praise?! I see that U are full of rhetoric and Bible quotes but U run like your ass is on fire when someone actually presents questions to U...questions that U should not be willing to avoid but stand there and defend your practice, especially when it is pointed out to U that it is inconsistent with traditional and historical practices of worship. U should have all answers, hands down, if U claim that your church is the "TRUE" church. I don't want U to be afraid of lil' ole me, I just want to understand if the RCC is the true church...then why aren't they acting like it!!!(Unless it is the "TRUE CHURCH" of the Holy Roman Empire)
You are really not asking a question. You said: "I still want to know why U acknowledge other gods like all those people who have been made Saints"?

That's essentially telling me I acknowledge other gods.

You should ask:'Do you believe those Saints are gods"?

The answer to that is no. They were human beings and sinners just like me. They are not idols but heroes who ran the race before us.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499317 Dec 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You better go back and read that again, John the Baptist said and I quote I Baptise you with water but the one who comes after me will Baptise you with the Holy Ghost and with fire, John the Baptist was not just talking to the apostles but to all who were being Baptised in the Jorden river. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for all who are born again in the Spirit of almighty God I recieved the Bapism of the Holy Spirit 2 months before I was Baptised in water.
There are anointings in the Holy Spirit to Preach, to be a Minister etc.
Friend I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying or believing that the holy spirit fives you the ability to do miraculous things like the Apostles did? If you believe that then you are wrong, the gifts to do miracles were given to the Apostles only, sometimes the Apostles would lay hands on people to give them the ability to do miracles because they needed help. You must be a member of the true church which is the Church of Christ, if not my friend then you are lost. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and then you will be saved, this is the only way. When you get baptized in water it washes away your sins and replicates Jesus death, burial and resurrection. When you are raised up you are raised up a new creature, your sins have been forgiven and you have the holy spirit with you forever. Maybe this will help you understand better.
The concept of a baptism of fire comes from a statement made by John the Baptist. "And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:10-12 and also in Luke 3:16-17). This is the only time the concept of baptism is connected with fire.

From the full statement we see that fire here deals with the separation of the just from the wicked and the eternal punishment of the wicked. The baptism with the Holy Spirit is for the just, but the baptism in fire is for the wicked. Basically John is stating that he, as a prophet of God, was given authority to convert people. But Jesus would be greater than he because Jesus has the authority to both convert people and to destroy the unconverted. "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

Location hidden

#499318 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As a child, I never felt comfortable with the hymn "Jesus loves me this I KNOW." I sang it, as expected, but it always left me with a knot in my gut.
Now I understand WHY!
Why?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499319 Dec 12, 2013
Imagine teaching children that those who were not Christian would burn in hell for eternity!

That should have been against the law.

I was fortunate to never believe that teaching, but rest assured I was one of the lucky ones.

Many children wet their beds and had horrible night-tremors from such horrific images being implanted in their tender psyches.

For SHAME!!!

Location hidden

#499320 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians are not fair. They dis other people's religions as bunk and treasure their own mental illusions as the ONLY TRUTH in the whole blamed universe.
Well, to be fair, I'll remove the mentally re-modeled Billy Graham from that list.
Man all you have to do is read your bible and it will tell you what church is the true church, how hard is that, but you have to study. I will be glad to help you with any question you have.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499321 Dec 12, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Friend
:)

I'll pretend you are my friend while I preach AT you what you must believe is TRUTH straight from GOD through his holy words in the bible."

Such attitudes are common HABITS!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499322 Dec 12, 2013
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/e...

"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true...

... The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible...

... The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible ...

... They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

... Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#499323 Dec 12, 2013
Imagine being so arrogant as to use an avatar "Working for the Lord."

I suggest that if Jesus had existed as a Jew faithful to Judaism, "as should have occurred for eternity HAD he lived," he would now be throwing (spiritual) rocks at Christians that DARED to tell such forbidden lies about his character.

Location hidden

#499324 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians are his only favorite people, which actually means anybody that has accepted Christ as their savor, whether Jew or Gentile, male or female, free or slave, in other words everybody that has decided to become a Christian by going to the Church of Christ, which is the church spoken of in the bible, as the only church where one can worship in spirit and in truth. There is not one other church that worships according to the will of God, none. If you can show me of another church that does I'll go there, but I know you can't.

Location hidden

#499325 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
This idiot is certain that HE and those of like-mentality will meet the MASTER in the air.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
All the believers who have been raptured, or snatched away, will meet the Lord face to face, in the air.
What does the bible say about that, do you know the answer?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499326 Dec 12, 2013
Not going on any of your links thank you

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499327 Dec 12, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Christians are his only favorite people, which actually means anybody that has accepted Christ as their savor, whether Jew or Gentile, male or female, free or slave, in other words everybody that has decided to become a Christian by going to the Church of Christ, which is the church spoken of in the bible, as the only church where one can worship in spirit and in truth. There is not one other church that worships according to the will of God, none. If you can show me of another church that does I'll go there, but I know you can't.
I saw,this some place ..he Jews are the Chosen of the Father ..
CHristian d belong to the Son ..
Jesus will take His CHURCH ..believers
And return for the Jews ..

Anyone who thinks,God will forget ..dismiss or replace the faithful Jews is
Mistaken

Location hidden

#499328 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine being so arrogant as to use an avatar "Working for the Lord."
I suggest that if Jesus had existed as a Jew faithful to Judaism, "as should have occurred for eternity HAD he lived," he would now be throwing (spiritual) rocks at Christians that DARED to tell such forbidden lies about his character.
Why must you be so childish with name calling, and actually what purpose are you serving, as all I've seen you do is mock everybody. Why is it so arrogant of me to use Working for the lord which is what I'm doing, maybe not to your liking, but I know from the time I've been on here that you're clueless on the truths of the bible, I mean that in a kind way. I would be honored to answer any questions you may have so please feel free to ask.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#499329 Dec 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really not asking a question. You said: "I still want to know why U acknowledge other gods like all those people who have been made Saints"?
That's essentially telling me I acknowledge other gods.
You should ask:'Do you believe those Saints are gods"?
The answer to that is no. They were human beings and sinners just like me. They are not idols but heroes who ran the race before us.
Read my post again, punctuations are in the right places...but besides that, U really didn't give a well-defined answer to what was presented...U just answered just enough to dismiss yourself...lol clever but not clever enough. Ok, do U accept the use of rosaries?, the image of God as Jesus that stains the glass of your church?, the ritual of confessing your sins to a man and not God?...these practices were forbidden by God and it's even written in the book that is holy to U!! U can't say that U honor God and then turn around and engage in blasphemous practices. It's strange that U overlook all of the rituals of your practice and are not willing to acknowledge the discrepancies...I'm trying to bring U out of denial...come on...it's ok...no one will hurt U but will help U to learn to open your eyes, pull back the curtain, and take a look at what your church doesn't want U to be aware of...It will hurt at first because U'll find it hard to believe that people U have trusted all your life haven't been totally honest with U!!
Westside Willy

Bardstown, KY

#499330 Dec 12, 2013
To all of the above. If you can't offer any of your own personal thoughts stop typing. You don't impress anybody,nor convince any reasonable person of anything by copying quotes from your bibles. Hillbilly Skypilots!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web