Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693322 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#499205 Dec 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad--so very sad especially during this season of Advent and the celebration of the birthday of Jesus Christ!!!
I suggest that the search for truth has no special time of year.

If you want to praise your image of a savior ... those in church are there for you.

I don't disrupt your church service, but when you come on a forum, you should expect other opinions that disagree with your Catholic dogmas.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499206 Dec 11, 2013
Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

Leeuwenhoek discovered the human sperm, and the cold-blooded science of his searching would have been shocking, if he had not been such a completely innocent man! The years went by and all Europe knew about him. Peter the Great of Russia came to pay his respects to him, and the Queen of England journeyed to Delft only to look at the wonders to be seen through the lenses of his microscopes. He exploded countless superstitions for the Royal Society, and aside from Isaac Newton and Robert Boyle he was the most famous of their members. But did these honors turn his head? They couldn’t turn his head because he had from the first a sufficiently high opinion of himself? His arrogance was limitless—but it was equaled by his humility when he thought of that misty unknown that he knew surrounded himself and all men. He admired the Dutch God but his real love was truth:
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499207 Dec 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh yes!! Typical Protestant (bible only) response!!
Would you PREFER by any chance, the Catholic typical bible response, that the Jews were vilified by Jesus, while the Catholics were adored by Jesus???
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499208 Dec 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad--so very sad especially during this season of Advent and the celebration of the birthday of Jesus Christ!!!
Christian History Timeline 450 CE - 800 CE

January 06, 0548

This was the last year churches in Jerusalem observed the birth of Jesus on this date. The celebration of Christmas on December 25th began in the late 300s in Western churches.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#499209 Dec 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Yes He can and is, He is God.
Was Jesus being deceitful when he said that the Father was in heaven when in fact He dwelt on Earth? Was he putting on a show whenever he fell to his knees in prayer...pretending that there was a higher authority? Who was Jesus referring to in his last words that contained "why have U forsaken me?!" as he looked into the heavens? Himself?! Jesus spoke of himself sitting at the right side of the heavenly throne alongside the Father...who is this "Father"?! Jesus said that he does not serve his own purpose but the purpose of the Father. Jesus said that the judgment is carried out according not to his own will but the will of the Father. And Jesus said that he was himself promised his own heavenly kingdom for his sacrifice...being that he was to be "king" and his followers shall be his as a sheppard gathers his flock. THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF CLEAR DISTINCTIONS BETWEEN THE POWER OF GOD AND THE POWER OF JESUS AS 2 SEPARATE ENTITIES...ONE HAVING SOVEREIGN SUPREME POWER AND THE OTHER GIVEN POWER FROM THE ALMIGHTY TO CARRY OUT A PURPOSE...AS JESUS STATED THAT THE ONLY POWER THAT HE HAS IS WHAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY THE FATHER!!! U should polish up on comprehension skills if U can't understand and point out CLEAR DISTINCTIONS between 2 characters in a story. Let's use some logic....it would be like me saying "I'm my daddy's son AND I'm also my daddy!!" Does that sound right?!? Really think about how this could be possible!...but don't ignore the above examples I've given which could be found in the scriptures that clearly differentiates the boundaries of the 2. One is without bounds and the other is bound by the power of the other!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499210 Dec 11, 2013
Philosophers kept changing the theologies in all the religions.

Liars ... one and all!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Epact (Gr. epagein, to intercalate). The excess of the solar over the lunar year, the former consisting of 365 days, and the latter of 354, or eleven days less. The epact of any year is the number of days from the last new moon of the old year to the first of the following January, and used in determining the date of Easter.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#499211 Dec 11, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, we have said that that church of Christ is not a protestant denomination.
You can rename yourself, make up a new title and give yourself a different designation of ANYTHING you want, but you my friend are "nothing more" than an (offshoot, extention or a branch) of the Protestant Reformation----------a rejector, a rebel, a defiant perpetrator against the Bibllical and Historical TRUTH of the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH that was established, formed and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF, over 2000 years ago. Over 2000 years ago, Jesus left His Apostles, disciples and followers HIS CHURCH----(not a bible). The CHURCH--HIS One True Universal Apostolic Catholic Church (came first)---then the bible---over 350 years later in 382, 393 and 397 AD which was the Canon of Scripture from the Early Church Fathers who gave us the bible, which you 21st century modernists Protestants interpret or better yet (mis-interpret) to your own "demise and destruction". In I Timothy 3:15 Paul in His letter to Timothy tell us that "THE CHURCH",(not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH". There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,100+ contradictin, inconsistent and conflicting (personal opinionated) "relative truths" and that ONE TRUTH, has, is and will always be grounded and manifested in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499212 Dec 11, 2013
Chronology of American Religious History: 1600 - 2004

December 25, 1789 During the first Christmas under America's new Constitution, the Congress was in session. This fact may seem odd today, but at the time Christmas was no t a major Christian holiday. As a matter of fact, Christmas had a bad reputation among many Christians as a time of un-Christian excess and partying. Between 1659 and 1681, celebrating Christmas was actually illegal in Boston and anti-Christmas sentiment in the North prevented the day from becoming a national holiday until 1870.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/religio ...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499213 Dec 11, 2013
I suggest this is a blatant lie spread by Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Holocaust II: Eye For An Eye—How Jewish Avengers Took Over Hitler’s Concentration Camps and Used Them to Brutally Torture and Mass Murder Thousands of Helpless Germans:

http://www.texemarrs.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...
hojo

Chaska, MN

#499214 Dec 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...well then go and collect your prize!!
By God's grace--I am living HIS PRIZE (as are 1.2 bilion Catholics around the world) at Daily Mass, the eucharist (Our Lords TRUE body and TRUE blood) The Word of God (proclaimed each day), the Sacraments, Confession and absolution along with the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH taught, proclaimed and manifested each day, in and through Jesus Christ One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....... Your definace and rebelliousnes Michael (just like the Prodigal Son did in Luke 15:11) rejecting HIS PRIZE, does not have to be permanent. HIS PRIZE of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ still awaits you, along with other agnostics, atheists and anti-catholic bible only Protestants, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499215 Dec 11, 2013
In world war II, many Germans protected Jews from Hitler's reign of terror.

Anne Frank and family was just one example of such bravery on the part of Germans.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl.

There are a great number of organizations, such as “The Free Netherlands,” which forge identity cards, supply money to people “underground,” find hiding places for people, and work for young men in hiding, and it is amazing how much noble, unselfish work these people are doing, risking their own lives to help and save other. Our helpers are a very good example. They have pulled us through up till now and we hope they will bring us safely to dry land. Otherwise, they will have to share the same fate as the many others who are being searched for. Never have we heard one word of the burden which we certainly must be to them, never has one of them complained of all the trouble we give.

They all come upstairs every day, talk to the men about business and politics, to the women about food and wartime difficulties, and newspapers and books with the children. They put on the brightest possible faces, bring flowers and presents for birthday and bank holidays, are always ready to help and do all they can. That is something we must never forget; although others may show heroism in the war or against the Germans, our helpers display heroism in their cheerfulness and affection.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#499217 Dec 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the search for truth has no special time of year.
If you want to praise your image of a savior ... those in church are there for you.
I don't disrupt your church service, but when you come on a forum, you should expect other opinions that disagree with your Catholic dogmas.
Disgree--fine!! But if you chose to disagree, it does not warrant, condemning, judging, attacking and ripping the faith of other Christians, the Churches they worship in and the Salvation of those who you disgree with. If you are that bitter, hatefilled and antagonistic then go live what you believe (or don't believe) on your isolated island of agnosticism, atheism or whatever you call yourself!!!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499218 Dec 11, 2013
Einstein fled Germany because he understand what was going to befall the other Jews that chose to stay behind.

They waited too long after the writing was on the wall, and millions of them paid the price for trusting that Jehovah would come to their rescue.

However, their Jewish (imaginary god) was nowhere to be seen, as the trains took car-load after car-load of faithful Jews to the death-camps to reap their rewards for being HIS chosen few.

Religion is BUNK!
hojo

Chaska, MN

#499219 Dec 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you PREFER by any chance, the Catholic typical bible response, that the Jews were vilified by Jesus, while the Catholics were adored by Jesus???
"Catholics adored by Jesus"?????Talk about a "ridiculous" response! Your's is not only "silly" as you say, by just plain ignorant!!!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499220 Dec 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgree--fine!! But if you chose to disagree, it does not warrant, condemning, judging, attacking and ripping the faith of other Christians, the Churches they worship in and the Salvation of those who you disgree with. If you are that bitter, hatefilled and antagonistic then go live what you believe (or don't believe) on your isolated island of agnosticism, atheism or whatever you call yourself!!!
You are on a forum. I am here to attack all religion. You are here to attack all other religion BUT Catholicism.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499221 Dec 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
By God's grace--I am living HIS PRIZE
:)

Every preacher in every religion believe that gods prize them as number one.

Silly people!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499222 Dec 11, 2013
I didn't put a creator on trial as supposed did the Jews in the death camp. I just simply stopped believing that a creator exists.

It became too silly entirely for me TO believe.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499223 Dec 11, 2013
Again and again, it is plain that the early church fathers preached that rather than coming to earth to preach Judaism as the only truth, Jesus, after being raised as a Jew, ultimately turned AGAINST the Jews and Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?

John Chrysostom
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499224 Dec 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Catholics adored by Jesus"?????Talk about a "ridiculous" response! Your's is not only "silly" as you say, by just plain ignorant!!!
Are you NOW insinuating that Jesus will save you even though he DOESN'T adore you?

You better give your head a shake and see what might fall out.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499225 Dec 11, 2013
Within the theology ... had the Jews believed that Jesus was faithful to Judaism, they would have died FOR him. Make no mistake about THAT issue.

They would not have allowed anyone to kill the one they believed was THEIR messiah.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

If, then, the Jews fail to know the Father, if they crucified the Son, if they thrust off the help of the Spirit, who should not make bold to declare plainly that the synagogue is a dwelling of demons? God is not worshipped there. Heaven forbid! From now on it remains a place of idolatry. But still some people pay it honor as a holy place.

John Chrysostom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Daddy dosh 10,703
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... 8 hr Pardon Pard 1
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web