Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690472 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#498826 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are NOT wishing evil on her....
To believe that "EVIL" will befall me IS wishing it on me.

You must own your WHOLE belief, or you are not being honest with your self.

I don't believe in evil, so I don't believe that evil will be part of your future.

On the other hand you believe that evil (hell) WILL be my future ... and to add more flavor to the "dessert", you are WILLING to believe that for me not believing in your "god" that I DESERVE the evil that befalls me.

SHAME on you for welcoming such a belief into your psyche!!!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#498827 Dec 10, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church was founded by Christ. And nothing will destroy her.
When a Catholic opens their Bible they will never find Jesus in or near a Catholic church. When they open their Bible they will learn that Jesus was not a Catholic and was not the founder of the Catholic religion. They learn the word "Catholic" is not in the Bible. They then learn the Catholic church took up the name "Catholic" from Latin which means "universal." The Catholic church claims it is "universal" or world wide. It claims it is the oldest and ONLY WORLD WIDE RELIGION OF CHRISTIANITY STARTED BY JESUS CHRIST. When Catholics discover this is false, that Jesus started a Jewish religion, they soon learn the Catholic church is not Jewish at all but is Gentile owned, Gentile operated, and a Gentile controlled business enterprise whose product is paganized religion. When Catholics open their eyes and see that the Catholic church has adopted many pagan and heathen celebrations and practices and adapted these to Christian teachings, they know they have to leave. No, they know they have to run! It is right here, they know Jesus Christ was not the founder of the Catholic church. Because Jesus would not start a Church and then allow the gates of hell to conquer it by adopting pagan religious practices. No, Jesus would keep his Church pure and free from all evil and sin. The Catholic church is not such a Church. Jesus was not the founder of the Catholic church .
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498828 Dec 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil has A whole chain of people who won't let go, they are going to hang on till the very end.
"CHAIN OF FOOLS".
:)

I suggest you keep in mind that Muslims have a hell and an evil-devil waiting in your afterlife especially to lay curses on you for eternity.

June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498829 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am FREE from the bondage of sin.....I am right with God....
I suggest that if you had even a tiny bit of humility, you would be embarrassed by the word "Truth" on your avatar.

You are a braggart, full of nothing but over-inflated arrogance.

Sacramento, CA

#498830 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have been creating gods to serve them since religion began.
Before humans created gods in their imaginations, other animals existed and carried on reproducing and multiplying ... some going extinct and the strong ones surviving and morphing into other animal forms.
Humans are nothing special. And from my perspective, we don't deserve to BE special.
June VanDerMark
I agree that human beings have been creating gods, it's no secret. I agree that is why God sent His Son to show the world the one true God. Thank you,
Riccardo
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498831 Dec 10, 2013
Wacky theology

Christians seem to take Jehovah as being a soppy sucker.

"I am Christian, and so you MUST love me. You made a good choice God when you turned against those vile Jews to in turn LOVE only us Christians. THAT is what I call an intelligent GOD!!! Thank you heavenly father ... OH and by the way, I hope you don't mind if I don't call you Jehovah, as for some strange reason, it makes me uncomfortable."

June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498832 Dec 10, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
I agree that human beings have been creating gods, it's no secret. I agree that is why God sent His Son to show the world the one true God. Thank you,
Riccardo
You created a Jewish rabbi in your imagination and in turn morphed the rabbi into your Christian image.

THAT is also NO secret.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498833 Dec 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth says "Christianity is NOT about moral laws.
Michael says........BINGO! Its obvious the last few years we are learning that. Can you say SCANDALS?!...Can you say COVERUPS?.......Can you say ITS NOT OUR FAULT, ITS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT?
If you haven't got a moral foundation from which to teach and PRACTICE yourself, than you have no right being in the MORALITY business.
Do the will of God, Michael!!!

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498834 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that if you had even a tiny bit of humility, you would be embarrassed by the word "Truth" on your avatar.
You are a braggart, full of nothing but over-inflated arrogance.
LOL....

You are too much, June....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498835 Dec 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have all the answers for everyone.
..... Where is heaven? How are you suppose to get there? What will you do when you get there?.........if you get there.
It is all in the Word of God, Michael...

Sacramento, CA

#498836 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You created a Jewish rabbi in your imagination and in turn morphed the rabbi into your Christian image.
THAT is also NO secret.
June VanDerMark

I agree Jesus was King of the Jews. But remember what Jesus said: Jesus said,“My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Thanks June for reminding me,

Riccardo
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498837 Dec 10, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>When a Catholic opens their Bible they will never find Jesus in or near a Catholic church.
Are you SERIOUS???

The Catholics owned images of Jesus in THEIR imaginations long long before the horny ex-monk Martin Luther created Protestantism, and long long before you created images of Jesus into YOUR image of your self-perceived "HOLY" self.

All believers in Jesus, are certain they have title to Jesus as their own property RIGHTS. And they don't have any intentions of sharing those property rights with those who refuse to believe as THEY (and Jesus, of course) believes.

Humans in religion seem to be born to mock each other.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498838 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do not be conformed to this world
When are you planning to leave, to reap your "reward" from Jehovah???

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498839 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you SERIOUS???
The Catholics owned images of Jesus in THEIR imaginations long long before the horny ex-monk Martin Luther created Protestantism, and long long before you created images of Jesus into YOUR image of your self-perceived "HOLY" self.
All believers in Jesus, are certain they have title to Jesus as their own property RIGHTS. And they don't have any intentions of sharing those property rights with those who refuse to believe as THEY (and Jesus, of course) believes.
Humans in religion seem to be born to mock each other.
"Horny Martin Luther", you say? Prove it, or forever shut your gaping gob.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498840 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By believing that I will go to hell, you have given your SELF over to that belief. And that is too bad for YOU.
It doesn't affect me one way or the other, as I don't believe your "curse" has any power over me.
I never placed any so-called 'curse' on you, madam. You are letting your mental state get the better of you.
LTM

Canada

#498841 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You constantly also belittle religion that is not of your "PERSONALIZED" flavor.
The fact that I include YOUR religion is ALL that bothers you.
i DO NOT BELIEVE IN RELIGIONS JUNE. WITH THEIR DON'T DO AS I DO DO AS I SAY ATTITUDE.
FAITH IN A CREATOR, IN ALMIGHTY GOD, HAS ALWAYS MADE SENSE TO ME.
SOMEONE CREATED LIFE, IT HAD A BEGINNING. THAT SPEAKS OF A CREATOR.
RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS, THAT HAVE YOU JOIN THEM ONLY IF YOU FOLLOW WHAT THEY FEEL IS THE RIGHT WHY,TO ME THE RIGHT WAY IS JESUS.
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE HE IS; THAT IS YOUR CHOICE.
THERE ISN'T ONE RELIGION OR PERSON ON THIS PLANET, HAS IT 100% RIGHT, IT WOULD SURPRISE ME IF ANYONE HAS IT EVEN 10% RIGHT ALL THE TIME.
WE ARE HUMANS, WE GOOF UP A LOT; BUT DOES GOD EXPECT US TO BE, IF HE DID WHY DID HE SEND JESUS TO TAKE OUR PLACE ON THE CROSS; WHY DID HE GIVE US MERCY AND FORGIVENESS??
YOUR CHOICE FOR YOU IS OK FOR YOU, BUT NOT FOR ME.
MY CHOICE IS NOT FOR YOU.
I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IM ALMIGHTY GOD; BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVER MADE SENSE TO ME EVER, THERE IS NO OTHER ANSWER FOR ALL YOU SEE OR FEEL OR SENSE, DEEP IN YOUR SOUL IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
TO DENY GOD IS TO DENY MYSELF. I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO ACCEPT WHAT I AM SAYING, BUT THATS OK I DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL TO BELIEVE IN A MIGHTY GOD.
RELIGION TO ME IS A LEGAL SPIRITUAL TRAP, BONDAGE WHICH JESUS DIED TO FREE US FROM, TO BELIEVE IN ALL HE IS, NOT WHAT ALL A RELIGION HAS. RELIGIONS DON'T SAVE PEOPLE JESUS DOES.
ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS, AND THESE SPIRIUAL BATTLES BELONG TO HIM.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498842 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all in the Word of God,
Rumor has it that Jehovah is not at all amused for you implying that a son of his would lead people away from Judaism.

He claims that he inspired the Jewish theologians to write that they were his chosen few because they ordered him to say that they were inspired by HIM. He claims that he had no mind of his own, as the Jews wrote him into the scriptures ... but being a faithful god, he had to love only the Jews as that was his co-mission.

But now he wants you to also to be faithful to him and align your self to pure unadulterated Judaism.

Jehovah warns that if you don't obey, he has his orders from the Jews to reject you in the hereafter.

June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498843 Dec 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
i DO NOT BELIEVE IN RELIGIONS JUNE..
And I do not believe YOU.

June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498844 Dec 10, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
I never placed any so-called 'curse' on you,
Sure ya did! You using words from a bible as a WARNING that I will end up in hell, is the same as a gypsy using a crystal ball to put a curse on others.

All people in ancient religions believed and many still believe they will to be cursed by evil gods if they don't follow the teachings of the theologians.

You even believe that YOU will cursed in an afterlife if you don't follow what YOU believe is true for you.

Religion is ALL theological BUNK!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498845 Dec 10, 2013
Religion is simply based on philosophy. But men, now known as theologians, came up with the prestigious word "theology" in hopes that followers would not "catch on to their schemes."

However ... theology simply means to study religions. It does NOT mean to claim to know TRUTH.

Study has its limits, and claiming to know truth surpasses the limitations of study, and that mindset equates to nothing but arrogance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Married in 10,658
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web