Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701367 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#498809 Dec 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has condemned you to hell, not even God.
Your religion teaches that a god will reject me to hell for not believing in "him."

Theologians taught you that nonsense, and it is in big part fear that keeps you "locked" in the bondage of such a horrible teaching.

I have no fear of an afterlife, as I am prepared to take it as it comes ... IF it comes. I don't worry one way or the other.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498810 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP!
Only a fool says there is no God!
That is just your BELIEF.....We all have beliefs of many things and I am sure there are many posters who believe things that you don't believe in.

Why does it matter or bother you if someone says there is no proof of God?

My BELIEF might be that God might love you, but I BELIEVE God loves me more than you. That might be my belief, and it just might be true.....and you would say it isn't.

your point is MOOT.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498811 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP!
Only a fool says there is no God!
You are right on. Yet June imagines I am supposedly wishing evil on her.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498812 Dec 10, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
I wished nothing on you.
YOU are bringing it all upon yourself by your refusal to accept Jesus. I WARNED YOU, not wished any evil on you.
By believing that I will go to hell, you have given your SELF over to that belief. And that is too bad for YOU.

It doesn't affect me one way or the other, as I don't believe your "curse" has any power over me.
LTM

Canada

#498813 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A short while back I wrote that I was having success for my asthma by taking cinnamon.
I want sufferers to know that since I started taking one teaspoon of cinnamon with honey and warm water, my asthma attacks have all but disappeared. I'm no longer on sprays at this point, and I sleep very well.
Added to that of course is that I eat a good diet, lots of vegetables and fruit and very little dairy products.
And most of all ... I try to keep my conscience clean of debris by treating others well. That keeps my stress-level down and my mental frame of mind in a state of relative peace.
I hope this will help someone out there whose body and mind is now in turmoil.
I am glad you are in good health June.
you do not treat people well however, you belittle everyone here because of their faith in God, yet at the same time call foul
if you think someone is putting you down for your own beliefs.
Your a hypocrite truth be told.
God has placed you on here for a reason, and has allowed you your season. He will bring everything to full term in His time not yours or mine.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498814 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is all about a relationship with a living Savior, Jesus Christ.
That is your dream anyway.

I suggest that if Jesus lives in spirit form, he is laughing at you for believing that a Jewish rabbi would align to Christian dogma.

Tongue in cheek
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498815 Dec 10, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 8:13 is an example of someone being healed by the faith of another person. Why wouldn't the faith of two Christian parents be enough to save their child?
Either way, in Catholicism we have the opportunity to accept or reject the faith of our parents at our Confirmation. So we're good to go even under the criteria of the modern born again movement(s) definition of baptism.(and btw, that definition is without authority)
Clay,

Because it has to come from your heart and your mouth.....

Sin is an ACT committed by the individual.....

BELIEF/FAITH must come from the individual.....

CONFESSION must come from the individual.....

BAPTISM must come from the individual......

NOT from your mother or father or anyone else......

The heart of the faithful disciple is a dwelling of God.

Clay, you are the one receiving the clear conscience through the working of God in your baptism.....NOT your mother or father or anyone else....

1 Peter 3:21

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you alsoŚnot the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498816 Dec 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just your BELIEF.....We all have beliefs of many things and I am sure there are many posters who believe things that you don't believe in.
Why does it matter or bother you if someone says there is no proof of God?
My BELIEF might be that God might love you, but I BELIEVE God loves me more than you. That might be my belief, and it just might be true.....and you would say it isn't.
your point is MOOT.
It is in the Word of God, Michael....
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498817 Dec 10, 2013
The Catholic theologian that wrote the following, must have been in a careless frame of mind. How anyone could take him serious after letting his guard down so low, is a mystery to me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

St. Thomas and the Virgin's Girdle. This legend that the Apostle, St. Thomas, was absent when the Virgin's body and soul were reunited and transported to Heaven, and he refused to believe in her bodily assumption. He demanded that her grave be opened so that he might see whether her body still remained within. Finding the grave empty, he looked toward Heaven and there beheld the Virgin in bodily form, slowly being transported upward. To convince him of her assumption, Mary flung down to Thomas the belt, or girdle, from her dress.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498818 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your dream anyway.
I suggest that if Jesus lives in spirit form, he is laughing at you for believing that a Jewish rabbi would align to Christian dogma.
Tongue in cheek
Actually NO, June....

They are rejoicing in heaven as I am a Christian....
LTM

Canada

#498819 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion teaches that a god will reject me to hell for not believing in "him."
Theologians taught you that nonsense, and it is in big part fear that keeps you "locked" in the bondage of such a horrible teaching.
I have no fear of an afterlife, as I am prepared to take it as it comes ... IF it comes. I don't worry one way or the other.
God did not reject you, He gave you a choice and you rejected Him.

"you have ears that hear, but do not.
" you have eyes to see but do not,
Ever hear that song 'CHAIN OF FOOLS' you should listen to it June.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498820 Dec 10, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right on. Yet June imagines I am supposedly wishing evil on her.
No, we are NOT wishing evil on her....just for her to wake up and see the Word of God for what it is!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498821 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians understand that Christianity is NOT about moral laws or religious practices.
Christianity is all about a relationship with a living Savior, Jesus Christ.
Truth says "Christianity is NOT about moral laws.

Michael says........BINGO! Its obvious the last few years we are learning that. Can you say SCANDALS?!...Can you say COVERUPS?.......Can you say ITS NOT OUR FAULT, ITS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT?

If you haven't got a moral foundation from which to teach and PRACTICE yourself, than you have no right being in the MORALITY business.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498822 Dec 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
you do not treat people well however, you belittle everyone here
You constantly also belittle religion that is not of your "PERSONALIZED" flavor.

The fact that I include YOUR religion is ALL that bothers you.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498823 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually NO, June....
They are rejoicing in heaven as I am a Christian....
You seem to have all the answers for everyone.

..... Where is heaven? How are you suppose to get there? What will you do when you get there?.........if you get there.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498824 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't WANT to go back beyond Christianity to realize that other humans valued their own images of saviors as you now value your image of a savior.
Your bondage is too pleasing to your emotions to let go and move beyond your present frame of mind.
You prefer preaching to learning and so there is where you will stay ... preaching your version of Christianity AT others, as the only truth in the WHOLE universe.
Only YOU can change that bad habit.
I am very blessed, June.....

Both physically and spiritually.....

I am FREE from the bondage of sin.....I am right with God....

And, you can be right with God, too, if you only listen!
LTM

Canada

#498825 Dec 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not reject you, He gave you a choice and you rejected Him.
"you have ears that hear, but do not.
" you have eyes to see but do not,
Ever hear that song 'CHAIN OF FOOLS' you should listen to it June.
The devil has A whole chain of people who won't let go, they are going to hang on till the very end.
"CHAIN OF FOOLS".
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498826 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are NOT wishing evil on her....
To believe that "EVIL" will befall me IS wishing it on me.

You must own your WHOLE belief, or you are not being honest with your self.

I don't believe in evil, so I don't believe that evil will be part of your future.

On the other hand you believe that evil (hell) WILL be my future ... and to add more flavor to the "dessert", you are WILLING to believe that for me not believing in your "god" that I DESERVE the evil that befalls me.

SHAME on you for welcoming such a belief into your psyche!!!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#498827 Dec 10, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church was founded by Christ. And nothing will destroy her.
When a Catholic opens their Bible they will never find Jesus in or near a Catholic church. When they open their Bible they will learn that Jesus was not a Catholic and was not the founder of the Catholic religion. They learn the word "Catholic" is not in the Bible. They then learn the Catholic church took up the name "Catholic" from Latin which means "universal." The Catholic church claims it is "universal" or world wide. It claims it is the oldest and ONLY WORLD WIDE RELIGION OF CHRISTIANITY STARTED BY JESUS CHRIST. When Catholics discover this is false, that Jesus started a Jewish religion, they soon learn the Catholic church is not Jewish at all but is Gentile owned, Gentile operated, and a Gentile controlled business enterprise whose product is paganized religion. When Catholics open their eyes and see that the Catholic church has adopted many pagan and heathen celebrations and practices and adapted these to Christian teachings, they know they have to leave. No, they know they have to run! It is right here, they know Jesus Christ was not the founder of the Catholic church. Because Jesus would not start a Church and then allow the gates of hell to conquer it by adopting pagan religious practices. No, Jesus would keep his Church pure and free from all evil and sin. The Catholic church is not such a Church. Jesus was not the founder of the Catholic church .
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498828 Dec 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil has A whole chain of people who won't let go, they are going to hang on till the very end.
"CHAIN OF FOOLS".
:)

I suggest you keep in mind that Muslims have a hell and an evil-devil waiting in your afterlife especially to lay curses on you for eternity.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr '18 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr '18 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr '18 thepopeonthetwit 3