Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701764 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#498626 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at some of her blasphemies, NO WONDER Jesus wept....
I suggest that a Jew would weep over you insinuating that he would abandon his own Judaism to satiate your lusts of believing he's there to serve only Christians such as you.

You insult every Jew on planet earth each time you come up with such regurgitated drivel and insist that the drivel is based on truth.
truth

East Perth, Australia

#498627 Dec 9, 2013
-you don't need force or killed believers

How you call that declarations of war over believers?!

Please tell me how you call yourself as free or strong person when you need killed believers.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498628 Dec 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I will take it that you will prove it to be otherwise.
I'll wait.
The burden of proof is on the one that brags he/she know something to be true.

I believe Gnosticism is simply more theological lies.

I suggest you prove they are NOT lies, as your avatar infers that you are the new age "spiritual leader."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498629 Dec 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Religion is NOT good." End quote.
For once I agree with you June Bug. Religion is horrible and it does separate us. Religion is what the Pharisees preached. Jesus came and destroyed religion. Jesus told us a personal relationship with Him as our Lord and Savior, not religion, provides salvation. Only Jesus saves. All other rhetoric is useless.
Thanks again June Bug!
Christianity IS a religion. Believe that Jesus is a savior to Christians IS all about being religious.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#498630 Dec 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church at Rome is in the bible. How much further back should one go?
I'll bite....where???
truth

East Perth, Australia

#498631 Dec 9, 2013
How you call other organize system if you don't liked organize religion believers?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498632 Dec 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So June, you aren't "Christian" or Jewish, but believe in Jehovah.
I've already stated that I am discussing theology in order to ridicule it.

I don't believe in the existence of a creator ... period.

Did you GET IT THIS TIME???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498633 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Madame, believe as you will... but I BELIEVE IN JESUS, TRUST HIM, and that is my final statement on this.
I doubt that it IS you final statement, as occurs with all preachers ... you are on the forum to PREACH that YOUR version of Christianity is the one and only truth on planet earth.
truth

East Perth, Australia

#498634 Dec 9, 2013
You believe in destruction not Creation.

Creator exist liked or not.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498635 Dec 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church at Rome is in the bible. How much further back should one go?
There were other break-away disgruntled Jews that were writing literature concerning anti-Judaism, but the Catholics (from what I have studied) were the first ones to write stories about Jesus and how he abandoned Judaism to start a new religion.

The Gnostic Christians came along later and were nuttier than fruitcakes.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498636 Dec 9, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>that's right. We are all human. Not one of the posters on here are sinless.
I don't believe in religion and therefore I don't believe in the word sin that suggests offending a god.

We offend each other ... and that ought to be more than enough offense without including thousands of gods into the milieu.

Religion is SILLY!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498637 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't believe you will spend eternity in Hell for not believing the same way I do.
Then you are not Christian in the true sense of the word.

Hell is for unrepentant sinners, and according to Christianity I sin if I don't believe in Jesus. And I don't believe in Jesus, so therefore to a Christian I am an unrepentant sinner that will end up in hell.

You can't BE honest with others unless you are first honest with your self.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498638 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT Jesus was speaking figuratively, not literally
Another shape-shifter.

It's literal ONLY when you want it to be literal. Otherwise it's figurative, or based on metaphor or some other brand of inference.

Silly games played by silly people.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498639 Dec 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you a nickel the Christian folks here would be less offended by my use of the word jackass than the word you used. Btw, jackass is slang too...lol.
Actually Anthony that's,not what folks,are upset about ..though her answer to you was that her priest you told Dr to talk to said he whole thing not just initials ..

I asked her nicely this morning to ease,stop insulting and the "bedroom """ nasty innuendo she said about Sera,and Cowboy ...which I won t repeat ....I was surprised sed do that on THIS forum

And what she said yesterday ..And calling Sera a sociopath .

I asked nicely that in the Spirit of Advent she PLEASE keep her posts to non personal ..I'm used to it ...But bedroom talk is a,nice way of putting it ..

And yes as you noted she and I have a,history ..and I apologize it was brought here .angry as you might get at me ...I try being respectful
Personally .
Most of us have one thing in Common ..Love of our LORD ...I may disAgree with you But have no doubts on that ..

I have forgiven the slander TO ME..But it would be nice not to have smut here ...at least ..

So you can call it what you want ..But I asked nicely ..And meant it
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498640 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Ma'am --- I'm a Baptist.
OH OH!

Fred Phelps incorporated!!!

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#498641 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol You ????never ..Lol
As,long as,we can't call You aging ..Lol...poor Nick HeHe
I am an aging raging bull..lol
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498642 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE or WHEN did I ever make that claim?
You cherry-picked scriptures, rather than using your own brain to discuss religion.

Is this one also to be taken figuratively rather than literally?

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#498643 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? What name was that?
The Church that Jesus started is simply called "the Church". As they expanded, the Church applied the adjective "Universal" to it. Universal means Catholic. As early as 100 AD, Christians were calling themselves the "Catholic Church." It wasn't a name that expressed a different Church. The Church never ceased to exist. There wasn't a coup or transfer of power to another "church". Its always been there. "Roman" describes the diocese of Rome and the Roman rite. But its not separate from the other Catholic Churches. Peter set the Church up in Rome. Its still there today and Pope Francis is the 266th Bishop of Rome.

in the 4th century, this Church compiled a Christian Bible at the councils of Rome, Carthidge and Hippo, eventually giving Protestantism something to beat them over the head with.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498644 Dec 9, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am an aging raging bull..lol
Oh well glad e didn't get in trouble for the slip. Lol .Sis it's your Latin fire ...I'm sure it's just gotten better with age :)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498645 Dec 9, 2013
truth wrote:
You believe in destruction not Creation.
Creator exist liked or not.
According to Christian-teaching the creator is supposed to come to DESTROY the earth.

I don't believe in such destruction.

I believe the earth AND all forms of life deserves BETTER treatment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians 7 min Andy 3
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr ChristIsTheAnswer 10,773
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' 6 hr RalphB 8
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... Thu Magic Utah Uwear 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1