Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679409 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498457 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I believed as YOU believe, would you still believe I am NUTS???
:)
If I am mistaken, I offer my sincerest apologies. But I read the post where you said Jesus deserved to be crucified, you hate the Jews, etc...... was someone else posting under your name? My apologies for the error, believe me, if I mistook you or misread.... I'm angry right now, but not at you. I'm angry with the CARM forums, who chastised me because I asked an honest question.... I'm sorry; perhaps my anger got better control of me than I thought.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498458 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We can have no idea,EHAT he says,when he prays ...And he one TIMR I listened ..part of his message was ok..the rest ...well I only eTched once to listen ...
You ever get THE ACTIVE WORD??? Pastor Bob ..you'd like him
I like Chas Stanley also.
And a,couple of the Prophecy guys,..listened to a,Jewish Messianic ...right on point with some other guy he had on ...Prince. I think .
Also of you ever see Joel Rosenberg is,on a,program ..worth a,listen .
Great fiction and non Fiction writer ..lives in Israel some of the time .
Very great fiction..last book Damascus,Countdown...another one EZEKIEL OPTION. Both are part of series ...
If you hAve kindle...get sample of Last Jihad ..first book...Action tight at the start...if you like Clancy type books ..
Take care
NOT PRINCE....Perry Stone...knew it was a p..

What I heard was good ..:)

Location hidden

#498459 Dec 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all special to God June, so special He gave His only begotten Son to die for us all.
Even you.
AMEN, sister in the Lord, AMEN. Without Jesus, our lives would be an mean nothing. And, we would have no salvation, which HE bought for us who believe in Him... at the price of His life.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#498460 Dec 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Being Catholic means you're lost. The Catholic church teaches nothing but false doctrine and have ever since they parted from the true church of the bible, that being the Church of Christ which was established in the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2 37-40.Jesus said he would build his church, Matthew 16;18 and that church was open in the year 33 AD when God added 3,000 souls to it that day on Pentecost. The Catholic church came to be when some of the members enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman Dignitaries, which caused these members to do as they were told in making them believe things and go by things the bible clearly contradicts, such as infant baptism, purgatory and this caused some to leave the faith and start what you know as the Catholic Church which teaches false doctrine and worships contrary to the bible and this is why the Catholic to this day are lost.
Yours is just more of the (same old) bible only Protestant lies, deceit and distortion of the TRUTH that you "fundies" are so famous for... You (working for the Lord) know absolutely "NOTHING" about what you are taking about!!! The Universal Catholic Church is the "only" true Church that was established, formed and inititated by "JESUS CHRIST" HIMSELF over 2000 years ago
which is (biblically and historically PROVEN!) Every Protestant Church that is an offshoot of the Reformation was started by a "man" a "person" and "individual" beginning with Luther! They are "all" man-made!!!Every last one of them!!! They are ALL based upon "personal opinion" interpretation of the bible! All 42,100 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only denominations,(divided, splinterer and fractured) editorialized translations of the bible that are ALL based upon "relative truth" ---what each person or group of persons think!!! I lived this bible only half-truth, half-heresy (hodge-podge) contradicting translation for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before coming the TRUTH of the TRUE SALVATION, the TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL and the TRUTH of the TRUE INTEPRETATION of the Bible that Our Early Church Fathers gave us Christians in 382, 393 and 397 AD when they formed the Canon of Scripture!! God never was, nor EVER will be the author of your Protestant confusion, chaos and division!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#498461 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry I implied you were attracted to kids. I have no way of knowing something like that so I shouldn't have said it.
Now if you could just apply this same honesty to the Bible.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#498462 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
June Cleaver says.........They DEMAND of their selves to believe that their personalized religion makes them special to a god.
Michael says.......anyone would believe that if that is what you were indoctrinated to believe from childhood. Every family hand-me-down tradition teaches their children their way is right and the others are not.
...that is why organized religion will never stop segregating us.
Religion was never MEANT to unite humans. Individual gods were created by individual men for their own imaginary play-things.

"My gods are wise because they love me, and hate you!"

Location hidden

#498463 Dec 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Being Catholic means you're lost. The Catholic church teaches nothing but false doctrine and have ever since they parted from the true church of the bible, that being the Church of Christ which was established in the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2 37-40.Jesus said he would build his church, Matthew 16;18 and that church was open in the year 33 AD when God added 3,000 souls to it that day on Pentecost. The Catholic church came to be when some of the members enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman Dignitaries, which caused these members to do as they were told in making them believe things and go by things the bible clearly contradicts, such as infant baptism, purgatory and this caused some to leave the faith and start what you know as the Catholic Church which teaches false doctrine and worships contrary to the bible and this is why the Catholic to this day are lost.
How true. Unfortunately, there is today a religious group calling themselves 'The Church of Christ'... but not the same group to which you refer.... so people really have to be careful. Great post, and thank you :)

Quesnel, Canada

#498464 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN, sister in the Lord, AMEN. Without Jesus, our lives would be an mean nothing. And, we would have no salvation, which HE bought for us who believe in Him... at the price of His life.
Do you believe he was preaching Judaism when he supposedly made those statements???

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#498465 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a woman that tunes out whatever she doesn't want to hear.
She also lives her life in a mental state of her own fantasies.
Life is easier for her that way.
Speaking of yourself June?

;O)

Quesnel, Canada

#498466 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am mistaken, I offer my sincerest apologies. But I read the post where you said Jesus deserved to be crucified,
If Jesus was preaching other than Judaism, he WOULD deserve to be crucified by the faithful Jews.

Catholics and Protestants thought it was natural to crucify each other for preaching lies concerning the Christian religion.

Why wouldn't you think the faithful Jews should have had the right to kill Jesus for preaching lies against Judaism?

Quesnel, Canada

#498467 Dec 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of yourself June?
;O)
I'm not in religion, as are you with your SELF's "leadership" of Gnosticism.

Location hidden

#498468 Dec 9, 2013
Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
|Report Abuse |Judge it!
Judged:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And the word used in the Bible to describe Jesus's brothers was 'brother', no confusion left there.
Considering you and LTM have yet to master the english language, I'm not surprised you're confused about any other language. Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke had no word for cousin or step-brother. If someone was a cousin or step-brother they used the same word for brother. Get it now?

guess that you havent found out yet that the NT was written in Greek, so your post, like always doesn't make any sense

Location hidden

#498469 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
How true. Unfortunately, there is today a religious group calling themselves 'The Church of Christ'... but not the same group to which you refer.... so people really have to be careful. Great post, and thank you :)
lol, he is a campbellite cultist, he is new, having come on in the last few weeks.

Location hidden

#498470 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR!
Then you would never be able to preach that YOU are special to the supposed god.
You would just be another animal, as are the rest of us mortal human animals.
Preaching that you know wisdom of the gods makes you feel that POWER is in your control and that YOU are wise and those that don't agree with YOU are DUMB!
Well, June:
I went over numerous of your posts, and I see you ARE what I said: NUTS.

And obviously you do not believe as I do, because I am a Christian, believe in Jesus, and I gratefully accepted His free gift of salvation.

Actually, I am still sorry ---- sorry FOR YOU.

Quesnel, Canada

#498471 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the most reasonable theology, do you believe that Jesus' favorite religion was Judaism, Catholicism, Protestantism, or Gnosticism???

I'll bet you won't answer this question PREACHER.

Location hidden

#498472 Dec 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing very well thank you, my husband was sick for awhile but he is on the road to a full recovery, Praise the Lord.
I have a hard time getting him to slow down LOL .
How about you how are you doing, I haven't had a lot of time to get on the computer, so I have missed alot it seems.
Where you gone for awhile too??
We are getting hit with a big snowstorm right now , I don't see a end to it.
So glad to hear your hubby is improving, LTM! Praise God is right!:)
I was away from here for some time because I just got tired of all the arguing, but since returning, I see the same old same old is still ongoing!!!!! LOL!
Oh well -- I'm back ,and most likely to the chagrin of a few, but I'm glad you and some of me other mates are still here :)
Weather really miserable here too :(

Quesnel, Canada

#498473 Dec 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if you could just apply this same honesty to the Bible.
Do you apply honesty to the bible???

By the way do you believe that Jesus would have favored Judaism, or Gnosticism on which to base his "sermons?"

Location hidden

#498474 Dec 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! A winner of the TRUTH has already been declared from (over 2000 years ago) and it is Jesus Christ's biblically and historically PROVEN One True (Universal) Apostolic Catholic Church the ONLY authenticated and verifiable winner!..... Weekly Protestant "lottery denominational" tickets are being created and sold every week (as of December 7th it is 42,273 contradicting numbers) that are all "half-truth, half-counterfeit" ALL "man-made" ALL of which have(absolutely) no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back ANY of their "relative truth beliefs"!!!
Ahhhh, my good friend HOHO, the one who is still posting the same old romanist rhetoric.... How are you, son?

Quesnel, Canada

#498475 Dec 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"JESUS CHRIST" HIMSELF
Do you believe that Jesus would have preached Judaism, or Catholicism as his ONLY truth?

After all ... it couldn't BE both.

I expect an answer PREACHER.

Location hidden

#498476 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 2:15
15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,
Jesus now reconciles them both (Jews and Gentiles) to God in one body through the cross.
BTW, your SECRET is safe with me....
Truth! How are you? Long time since I've been here!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr barry 84,713
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 10,548
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Sun Eric 9
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... Sat nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... Sat Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web