Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701449 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498425 Dec 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The last time he verbally communicated with someone was the Apostles, just seconds before he ascended to be with his Father in Heaven, no other communications verbally or seeing him has never happened, if someone says they have verbally communicated or saw him, THEY WOULD BE A LIAR. Since his ascension you can only communicate to God through Jesus name by prayer.
Thats your belief.

....Billions of others in our world were taught differently by their parents who believe with all their hearts they have the right answers.

Less than 1 in 4 people in our world are christian and out of the 25% very few practice their faith today.

What does it all mean, when the vast majority of people on our planet after 2,000 years don't believe what you believe?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498426 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
I'm back after a long break! Looks like not much has changed since I last posted ... how is everyone?
I came back after being gone over two years...Lol..nothing changes ..
WB
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#498427 Dec 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is no one deserves salvation June
If you honestly believe that, then I suggest you stop preaching that salvation exists.

But you KNOW you are lying. You do believe that YOU are worthy of salvation, and those who don't believe as YOU believe deserve to go to hell.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498428 Dec 9, 2013
Charles Templeton was a famous evangelist who was equally as popular as Billy Graham, but who could no longer abide with his own preaching, and therefore quit the ministry. He and Billy had been the best of friends when Charles was an evangelist. Following is their discussion taken from Charles Templeton's diary.

Our backgrounds were radically different. Billy was a country boy, raised on a farm in the American South in a deeply religious household. He had been converted and called to the ministry in his teens and had studied in fundamentalist schools; at Bob Jones College and at Wheaton, where he had earned a B. A. in anthropology. All our differences came to a head in a discussion which, better than anything I know, "explains" Billy Graham.

I had said. "But Billy, it's not possible any longer to believe the biblical account of creation. The world wasn't created; it has evolved over millions of years. It's not a matter of speculation, it's demonstrable fact."

"I don't accept that," he said, "And there are reputable scholars who don't."

"Who are they?" I said. "Men in conservative Christian colleges?"

"Most of them, yes. But that's not the point. I believe in the Genesis account of creation simply because it's in the Bible. I've discovered something in my ministry: when I take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as God's Word, I have power. When I stand before the people and say,'God says,' or 'The Bible says,'the Holy Spirit uses me. There are results. People respond. Wiser men than you or I have been arguing questions like this for centuries. I don't have the time or the intellect to examine all sides of each theological dispute, so I've decided, once and for all, to stop questioning and to accept the Bible as God's Word."

"But Billy," I protested, "you can't do that. You don't dare stop thinking. Do it and you begin to die. It's intellectual suicide."

"I don't know about anybody else, "he said, "but I've decided that that's the path for me."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498429 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a woman that tunes out whatever she doesn't want to hear.
She also lives her life in a mental state of her own fantasies.
Life is easier for her that way.
Shhhhhhhh.....

June don't talk too loud....you are giving your SECRET away....
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498430 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham admitted that preaching from the bible made him feel powerful.
Of course it make preachers feel powerful to believe they speak on behalf of gods.
It's just too bad that Billy admitted now that he believes those other than Christians deserve salvation ... yet he still hasn't apologized to those he harmed through his decades of preaching that only Christians could be saved.
He's still crooked as a snake and hopes that the lord Jesus will accept him anyway.
I suggest he enjoyed fame by preaching lies and he now knows it for his self.
What irks me about television evangelists is that they preach that money is the root to evil, yet the evangelists live in the most beautiful houses, drive the newest European cars and put their kids in Ivy league schools and when they all travel stay at hotels like the Biltmore where the rest of us stay in flea bags like a motel 6.

Its hard to understand why so many people are that desperate that they have to go and listen to their sermons and knowingly throw in their soup money, so the evangelists can buy their kids BMWs and live in Scottsdale, the beverly hills of Arizona.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#498431 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....sounds like an olive branch. I will take it. Thankyou!
.....Personally, I know I often get way off topic. I know I post too much about things that disgust me, and beliefs or non beliefs that I have that you disagree with, but! I know you are a good person just as everyone else on this forum is. We all get our backs up for trivial reasons but when the chips are down, we are all equal and no better than each other.
sincerely Michael
Great post ..we,all have our beliefs,..
I just hate,when it gets,personal .

I know your posts,upset hem because they love their,Church ...which HAS, done much good in the world,...And I totally loved the nuns,that raised me ..And the,priest I knew,were good people ..

This,forum can bring out high emotions:(
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498432 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats your belief.
....Billions of others in our world were taught differently by their parents who believe with all their hearts they have the right answers.
Less than 1 in 4 people in our world are christian and out of the 25% very few practice their faith today.
What does it all mean, when the vast majority of people on our planet after 2,000 years don't believe what you believe?
They DEMAND of their selves to believe that their personalized religion makes them special to a god. Yet they will claim in another lie, that "god" HAS no religion.

It's no wonder that religion drove so humans to insanity.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498433 Dec 9, 2013
Smooth talkin' Joel Osteen, another one of those with the gift of gab, who has a permanent smirk on his face and a perpetual smile that draws in the poor and desperate so him and his lovely wife can live the life of luxury while others keep on givn'.

People need to smarten up.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#498434 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Back at you mike. I am sorry I implied you were attracted to kids. I have no way of knowing something like that so I shouldn't have said it.
I have a slow day at work today.. way too much time on my hands. lol
Nice post..both of you ..:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498435 Dec 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The last time he verbally communicated with someone was the Apostles, just seconds before he ascended to be with his Father in Heaven, no other communications verbally or seeing him has never happened, if someone says they have verbally communicated or saw him, THEY WOULD BE A LIAR. Since his ascension you can only communicate to God through Jesus name by prayer.
Jesus said "my sheep know my voice and another they will not follow".

If you don't hear His voice, you are not one of His Sheep. which is why people like those who belong to cults NEVER hear His voice. people like you, hank and Les Claypool who [brag] about not hearing His Voice.

as far as seeing Jesus, Nothing is impossible with God and I know because around jan 30, 1965. I saw Him and live to tell about it.LOL
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498436 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What irks me about television evangelists is that they preach that money is the root to evil, yet the evangelists live in the most beautiful houses, drive the newest European cars and put their kids in Ivy league schools and when they all travel stay at hotels like the Biltmore where the rest of us stay in flea bags like a motel 6.
If the followers weren't so easily lead by smooth-talking preachers, the evangelists couldn't get away with their lies.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498437 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhhhhhhh.....
June don't talk too loud....you are giving your SECRET away....
A seven-years of age boy gave your cunning secret away.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

One day, Jesus had come into conversation at home and Billy referred to Jesus as having been a Catholic, which was his seven-year-old misunderstanding. Aunt Margaret corrected him.‘Jesus wasn’t Catholic, Jesus was a Jew.’

‘Oh,’ he said with innocent surprise,‘does that mean we’re Jews?’

‘Where did you come up with that one?‘ she sneered, and continued to ridicule him until he was in his teens.‘Does that mean we’re Jewish?’ she would mimic him.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498438 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
Smooth talkin' Joel Osteen, another one of those with the gift of gab, who has a permanent smirk on his face and a perpetual smile that draws in the poor and desperate so him and his lovely wife can live the life of luxury while others keep on givn'.
People need to smarten up.
People in religion all want to believe they are chosen as special ones by the gods.

They will fall for any line as long as it makes them feel LOVED by a supposed creator ... or if they are polytheistic ... many gods.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498439 Dec 9, 2013
What? The arch-bishop of Perth Australia says he is sorry for the abuse scandals at the hands of catholic clergy.

How could abuses be going on the upside down part of the world so far away as they have been on the right side up part of the world and SYSTEMATICALLY covered up by the bishops 9,000 miles away!

....something doesn't smell right!

http://www.news.com.au/national/western-austr...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498440 Dec 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said "my sheep know my voice and another they will not follow".
So "do you believe" that Jesus was preaching Judaism when he made that statement???
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#498441 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
SERA Is,unbalanced.????.
That must be an error post right ???
Sera,is,one of the nicest people,on here even when someone posts things,that have NO,place on a,Christian forum ..none ..nada...about her..
insults,..lovely ...yet again
Sera isn't nice. Esp to Catholics. She posts as an innsecure little girl who is very hatefilled. She doesn't represent her faith, I know Orthodox Christians and they are the opposite of sera. I really doubt she even knows whats what in her faith. Sera shows she has no faith in herself, she probably is very dependent so much that she doesn't know how to take care of herself or others.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498442 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the followers weren't so easily lead by smooth-talking preachers, the evangelists couldn't get away with their lies.
Its all salesmanship and their favorite topic......F-E-A-R!

These guys and gals stand up on the podium wearing the latest expensive fashions, with booming voices as if God is speaking all the way from heaven shaking people in their own boots as the collection takers move around the audience. "It feels good to give" they are told........and they do. When they leave they head right for a soup kitchen because they have no money of their own left to buy food.

If you don't give God will not be happy. If you give lots, you will be OK, until next weeks session.

UNBELIEVABLE!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#498443 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post ..we,all have our beliefs,..
I just hate,when it gets,personal .
How funny! You come on a forum to preach at others that only through belief in Jesus can humans be saved, and then you claim to hate it when it "gets personal."

You came to the forum to MAKE it personal, so I suggest you don't flinch when others disagree with you and also make the discussion personal.

You don't think you insult other people, but I suggest that you do plenty of insulting without realizing that you ARE insulting others.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498444 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They DEMAND of their selves to believe that their personalized religion makes them special to a god. Yet they will claim in another lie, that "god" HAS no religion.
It's no wonder that religion drove so humans to insanity.
June Cleaver says.........They DEMAND of their selves to believe that their personalized religion makes them special to a god.

Michael says.......anyone would believe that if that is what you were indoctrinated to believe from childhood. Every family hand-me-down tradition teaches their children their way is right and the others are not.

...that is why organized religion will never stop segregating us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... 1 hr Fred 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr '18 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr '18 helpful links 40