Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658319 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#498372 Dec 9, 2013
Keep in mind that this theology was compiled by Jewish theologians. They "created" Abram to disbelieve his father who was a polytheist and thus Abram created the one-god dogma of the Jews.

That is how easy it was for male theologians to change the stories from one track to another track and claim that the new track was nothing but the truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

At that time, the Mesopotamians were still highly polytheistic, worshiping idols. Abram was the son of Terach, an idol merchant, but from his early childhood, Abram questioned the faith of his father and sought "the truth". Abram came to believe that the entire universe was the work of a single creator, and he began to teach this belief to others.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-polytheism-was-re...
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498373 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus did verbally communicate with me, it would be a "private revelation", so I have no idea what you are talking about.
Liam says.....God never spoke to me in an audable voice.

Michael says.......Why would he, how could he, there are 7 Billion 100 million others on our planet waiting for their turn. Catholics, protestants, Jews, Muslims, etc........get in line.

....aren't you suppose to be at work doing something constructive instead of posting from the office closet?
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498374 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
- I don't give judgies nor can I see them from my phone.
- I don't need God to verbally communicate with me. Besides, I'm not worthy of it anyway.
Liam says.........- I don't need God to verbally communicate with me. Besides, I'm not worthy of it anyway.

Michael says.........why are you so down on yourself?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#498375 Dec 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
Yes. We have gone over this, that is why I must re-teach the concept to you(smiles)....
Faith, in the traditional sense is more akin to hope. More or less one cannot have one without the other. So it is interesting, that you hold to faith as more a conclusion to knowledge. Also in more modern (post-1600s due to Protestantism) faith is more popularly akin to resoluteness.
Human beings, to me, do not have faith/hope because of knowledge, but it is an inherent property, such as the solidity of a rock. Note, that, "On this rock I shall build my Church....", refers to the solidness of faith/hope, which Peter displayed.
Now an informed faith, is one in which faith comes first, and then detail is added. And that is why the Christian studies the Bible, after becoming a Christian. It is a discovery and strengthening through that knowledge which adds to the faith....
Beliefs are far different than faith....More akin to psychological dynamic....
Peace
No need to teach me again, I understand faith is learned, after one is taught something.

Peter was not jsut bestowed with "faith" - he learned it just like anyone.

Unless you have some sort of evidence that supports your position. Do you?

Quesnel, Canada

#498376 Dec 9, 2013
And so today we have the Abrahamic version of "truth" that there is only ONE god, and he chose the Jews as his favorite FEW.

Do you see how the theologians in all religions manipulated words to suit their own agendas???

Abram's father was polytheist, and Abram disobeyed his father's will to in turn create the one-god Jehovah, or Adonai, or whatever title Abram chose to hang on his new ONE god.

Religion is BUNK!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498377 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure they have a life outside of topix. Today I'm going to mass at 2 pm to see the newest successor to the Apostles get ordained. Bishop Andrew Cuzzins.. I'll say a heartfelt prayer for you. How does that sound?
....sounds like an olive branch. I will take it. Thankyou!

.....Personally, I know I often get way off topic. I know I post too much about things that disgust me, and beliefs or non beliefs that I have that you disagree with, but! I know you are a good person just as everyone else on this forum is. We all get our backs up for trivial reasons but when the chips are down, we are all equal and no better than each other.

sincerely Michael
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#498378 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews at one time were polytheists, believing in many gods.
Do you believe in many gods, and if not, WHY not??? After all ... that dogma came first and foremost BEFORE the one-god dogma of the monotheistic Jews???
And I suggest you will ignore this post to carry on with your usual sermons.
Would you care to clearify that statement June. Maybe you should go back to the beginning, God created a Jewish Nation not a Jewish religion. He made a covanant with Abram who He led from his Pagan home land Ur.Before Abraham there was no Jews.
Genesis 12 would be a good place to start.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498379 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure they have a life outside of topix. Today I'm going to mass at 2 pm to see the newest successor to the Apostles get ordained. Bishop Andrew Cuzzins.. I'll say a heartfelt prayer for you. How does that sound?
I gave you three positive judgies.

Have a great day, and who knows maybe that prayer you will say for me might do some good.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498380 Dec 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholics, capital "C". Not catholic, small "c" universal. When you use the word "Catholic" with a capital "C" it needs to be made clear you are referring to the rite of ROMAN CATHOLIC. Or perhaps you are ashamed to call yourself ROMAN? Is that the case?
OLD JG !!!! You're still here!! How are ya, pal?

Location hidden

#498381 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Junk theology
Jesus ... "Anyone henceforth caught preaching Judaism will be put to death by the truth-telling Catholics. I want people of earth to know where I stand on this issue. I might have been raised as a Jew faithful to Judaism, and I might have preached Judaism ... but the Catholics showed me the REAL truth, and so now I hate Judaism AND the Jews."
And you're also NUTS.

Quesnel, Canada

#498382 Dec 9, 2013
Here is where Jewish theologians broke the link between polytheism and monotheism. The character in their PLAY Abram heard God speak to him that he was the ONE and the only god in the universe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Eventually, as the story goes, the one true Creator that Abram worshiped called to him and made him an offer: if Abram would leave his home and his family, then god would make him a great nation and bless him. Abram accepted this offer, and the b'rit (covenant) between god and the Jewish people was established.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-polytheism-was-re...

Quesnel, Canada

#498383 Dec 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to clearify that statement June. Maybe you should go back to the beginning, God created a Jewish Nation not a Jewish religion. He made a covanant with Abram who He led from his Pagan home land Ur.Before Abraham there was no Jews.
Jewish theologians WROTE conflicting dogmas.

Why would you believe Jewish theologians that created the one-god dogma and NOT believe the Jewish theologians that created the polytheist dogmas?

WHY???

I suggest you KNOW why. And that is because you WANT to believe that Abram was real and that the one-god spoke to him.
Liam

East Hartford, CT

#498384 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....sounds like an olive branch. I will take it. Thankyou!
.....Personally, I know I often get way off topic. I know I post too much about things that disgust me, and beliefs or non beliefs that I have that you disagree with, but! I know you are a good person just as everyone else on this forum is. We all get our backs up for trivial reasons but when the chips are down, we are all equal and no better than each other.
sincerely Michael
Back at you mike. I am sorry I implied you were attracted to kids. I have no way of knowing something like that so I shouldn't have said it.

I have a slow day at work today.. way too much time on my hands. lol

Quesnel, Canada

#498385 Dec 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God created a Jewish Nation
I suggest the word Nation does not mean anything other than in the religious sense.

How do like the Muslim competition as THEY use the word "nation" for THEIR agenda?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Nation of Islam (NOI) is a syncretic new religious movement founded in Detroit, Michigan by Wallace D. Fard Muhammad in July 1930.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam
BenAdam

Abington, PA

#498386 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And so today we have the Abrahamic version of "truth" that there is only ONE god, and he chose the Jews as his favorite FEW.
Do you see how the theologians in all religions manipulated words to suit their own agendas???
Abram's father was polytheist, and Abram disobeyed his father's will to in turn create the one-god Jehovah, or Adonai, or whatever title Abram chose to hang on his new ONE god.
Religion is BUNK!
I listened to a Rabbi explain how the "God of Abraham" is NOT the "God of Moses" etc.

Basically he said, God doesn't change but human perceptions and beliefs about God change constantly. That is why Judaism is not a "religion" but a "tradition".

Jews understand they only have "traditions" while Muslims and Christians claim to have "perfect knowledge of God".

A HUGE difference.

Location hidden

#498387 Dec 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You said it right.
Yup... Here I've been away for months, and just returned today. Old JG is still present the truth, and the romanists are still trying to ruin his efforts. Sad. Well, I'm back, and I'll keep posting the truth too! Nice to meet you :)

Quesnel, Canada

#498388 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're also NUTS.
If I believed as YOU believe, would you still believe I am NUTS???

:)
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498389 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Back at you mike. I am sorry I implied you were attracted to kids. I have no way of knowing something like that so I shouldn't have said it.
I have a slow day at work today.. way too much time on my hands. lol
I have been retired 13 years.........lots of time on my hands. lol.

Lets put the past behind us. Have a great day!
BenAdam

Abington, PA

#498390 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish theologians WROTE conflicting dogmas....
It is part of the Jewish Tradition. The Talmud is chock full of contradictions.

Location hidden

#498391 Dec 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM! Long time no see! How are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam 3 hr chazmo 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Married in 10,237
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web