Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703817 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#498204 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
June says.......You don't "like" each others religions ... and that results in you not liking each other.
Michael says......Doesn't that ring true!
..... People of religion don't build friendships on honesty, integrity, or kindness, they build it on .......what religion are you and do you believe what I believe?
You see it every day on this forum.
You can't believe that your religion is right by making others believe their religion is wrong ... and in the end still hope to get along.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498205 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
that puts it into the MILLIONS!
Probably billions.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498206 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to mass today and pray to God saying you were sorry for making up lies about me?
I certainly hope so!
If Jesus (who used to be faithful to Judaism) is still slaving away in the Catholic confessionals, forgiveness doesn't NEED to come from elsewhere.

:)

It's a pity that these people aren't able to make fun of their own theology.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#498207 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ego-tripping, is the name of the game.
Then you must have fell and busted your arse many times over the years.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498208 Dec 8, 2013
At one time people didn't have books on which to rely.

But that didn't protect them from theologians that taught that gods existed to punish them.

Written language came long after vocal language, and shamans and the like could scare the be-jeepers out of their subjects by planting mental images of evil beings galore in fear-filled minds.

And nothing has changed to this day. Only now theologians use words from books to try to frighten each other with doom in afterlives.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#498209 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to mass today and pray to God saying you were sorry for making up lies about me?
I certainly hope so!
I did go to mass. I didn't apologize though. I don't know that I made up anything.
You already have a half dozen posts today about child sexual abuse.(at least 30 yesterday) By the end of next week you'll have over a hundred.
Its all you think about, all you Google, its all you seem to wanna discuss. To me, that raises a red flag.

And if there was a lie, so what? Atheists can't define what a lie is. You want me to say sorry to God? What God? You have no moral reasoning to declare I'm lying. Atheist can argue that a lie is a tactical move, but not something that is wrong.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498210 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably billions.
WOW!!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498211 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't believe that your religion is right by making others believe their religion is wrong ... and in the end still hope to get along.
God loves you, but he loves me more! Isn't that what they all claim?(lol)

If you read some of the catholic posts on here to protestants you can sense that basically they are all on the same pathway but the catholics claim they are more on the right pathway than their protestant posters.

Its all taught at home. Hand me down family indoctrinated tradition.

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498212 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I did go to mass. I didn't apologize though. I don't know that I made up anything.
You already have a half dozen posts today about child sexual abuse.(at least 30 yesterday) By the end of next week you'll have over a hundred.
Its all you think about, all you Google, its all you seem to wanna discuss. To me, that raises a red flag.
And if there was a lie, so what? Atheists can't define what a lie is. You want me to say sorry to God? What God? You have no moral reasoning to declare I'm lying. Atheist can argue that a lie is a tactical move, but not something that is wrong.
My posts today are about the CATHOLIC CHURCH COALITION group who want accountability, something you are not interested in.

You know what I think Liam? I think you are in love with all the catholic clergy. Yes! thats what it is. You must be. You defend them every chance you can no matter what the bad ones have done. You are defensive and remain silent fearing that one of your BELOVED priests might not be around much longer.

Call me all the names you like.

I have never ever once claimed to be an atheist. Another lie by you. I am an Agnostic. I am searching for the truth and if things get in my way while searching I will mow them over.

Tell me what I have posted today that is incorrect?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#498213 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
God told you in an audible voice to grab a KJV and hold it up to someones forehead.
The Apostle Paul told your Grandpa to give you a message.
Those are called lies, Preston. What I said was MY opinion. I don't always use the best choice of words. I'll sleep on it and consider taking it back. But if I do it certainly won't be because a fraud pastor called me out. If a fellow Catholic says "Clay, you were wrong" then that carries some weight.
~~~
You are not casting aspersions at Preston...

You are making fun of God...and it is stupid

God has told men to do illogical things in the past..

You claim that your corruptible catholic priest thru bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus Christ..

question ..

is that logical?....yet you expect us to believe that it happens..DAILY

RIGHT?

Preston is not guilty of witchcraft...playing around with the

sacred body and blood of Jesus...HE HAS NOT INVENTED ALL THE

PARAPHERNALIA AND RITUALS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS CULT EITHER...

HE DON'T CONSULT THE DEAD

WORSHIP IDOLS, OR

ATTEMPT TO MONOPOLIES THE

GATE TO HEAVEN..

BELIEVE IT OR NOT ...GOD IS NOT SUBJECT TO YOUR OPINIONS... NOR IS HE

LIMITED TO YOUR UNBELIEF.

RELIGIOUS LIMITATIONS

you are showing just how ignorant you are that you

would tell God what he can or cannot do..
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498214 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says.........And if there was a lie, so what?

Michael says.....You just told me you went to mass today and for sure received the HOLY EUCHARIST, then you tell me "if I did LIE so what"? So what? SO WHAT HE SAYS! You know damn well if you received communion with KNOWING before hand you had lies on your soul then you committed another sin. I can't believe it. 2 sins in one day maybe MORE!!

.......and if there was a lie, so what? he says.

YOU ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED. YOU JUST TOLD US WHY because you don't care who you hurt by lying.

I just don't know what else to say!

UNBELIEVABLE!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498215 Dec 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hero Martin Luther told "god" that he was no longer allowed to love Catholics, and you seem to agree with Martin.

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498216 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAM says.......By the end of next week you'll have over a hundred posts.

Michael says...I think June holds the record. Let me check.......... Yup!

I believe by the end of next week I will have posted another 200 posts. As long as you keep lying to me and other posters and your name calling and insults you just give me more ammunition to fire back with posts.

You remind me of one of those shooting gallery games from the old carnival days. I shoot you going by and you fall over and get back up and I shoot you again and again. This is fun! Keep posting to me.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498217 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read some of the catholic posts on here to protestants you can sense that basically they are all on the same pathway but the catholics claim they are more on the right pathway than their protestant posters.
Well ... some leave their families to join different cults that suit their emotional needs more than the religion taught BY the family.

Some Christians become Muslims, or Wiccans, and some Catholics become Protestants and vice versa.

It's comparable to game of "spin the bottle" and kiss the cult in which you land.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498218 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says.....You just told me you went to mass today and for sure received the HOLY EUCHARIST, then you tell me "if I did LIE so what"? So what? SO WHAT HE SAYS! You know damn well if you received communion with KNOWING before hand you had lies on your soul then you committed another sin. I can't believe it. 2 sins in one day maybe MORE!!
YOU ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED. YOU JUST TOLD US WHY because you don't care who you hurt by lying.
UNBELIEVABLE!
What age were you when you left Catholicism?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498219 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam.

This isn't just a,Catholic question..what you said,about him.
I know it's,frustration on all his,posts,
This,is,a,subject HE feels,strongly about ..But jump in to at what is,at best GOSsip. At worst slander .of a,really bad,nature ..was,uncalled for ..

And not the,First place any one,would go for his motivation ..
He obviously feels,betrayed by the,CHURCH he grew,up in ..
WHY is,his business .
I know he thinks you all.should protest ..leave or not contribute ..
He can't make you do that ..can he??

So why attack him.personally ..or call.Preston a,name either .

Too much personal on Here ..IMO..And that is,not be,way we believe ...is it .

Defend your Church by all means,..that's,what the forum is,for ..
But personal.slings,..not good ..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498220 Dec 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are not casting aspersions at Preston...
You are making fun of God...and it is stupid
God has told men to do illogical things in the past..
You claim that your corruptible catholic priest thru bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus Christ..
question ..
is that logical?....yet you expect us to believe that it happens..DAILY
RIGHT?
Preston is not guilty of witchcraft...playing around with the
sacred body and blood of Jesus...HE HAS NOT INVENTED ALL THE
PARAPHERNALIA AND RITUALS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS CULT EITHER...
HE DON'T CONSULT THE DEAD
WORSHIP IDOLS, OR
ATTEMPT TO MONOPOLIES THE
GATE TO HEAVEN..
BELIEVE IT OR NOT ...GOD IS NOT SUBJECT TO YOUR OPINIONS... NOR IS HE
LIMITED TO YOUR UNBELIEF.
RELIGIOUS LIMITATIONS
as I will have to stand before my Lord, what I have said is the truth. I was woke up and told to call Cathie at the hospital and I asked her what was wrong, she said her dad was in bad shape and so I went up and he was having a very difficult time breathing in the ICU. then the Lord told me what to do and I did it, and at the end of my Praying, his breathing returned to normal. but this still wasn't over. a few days later, I was told to go back up to the Hospital and I had been there for some time before Cathies mom, and when the sirens came, I was released to go home.Catholics are used to this kind of testimony, that God loves people so much that He will put a hedge around them, using people like us that don't know anything but to Mind the Lord. His name is Kessler, You will meet him some day in Heaven

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498221 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS love for you and all.has no bounds ..he,sent His,Son as perfect sacrifice for us to be redeemed from OUR SIN ..

YOU are making the,same KIND of error ..in doubting God ...based on what some, evil.men do or did ...

You are angry ..But God is,more angry and betrayed over this
Liam

East Hartford, CT

#498222 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
UNBELIEVABLE!
Are you ox now with the word games? I believe a lie is a sin. Its morally wrong, To me its a big deal. You on the other hand, can't say a lie is right or wrong.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498223 Dec 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS love for you and all.has no bounds
Unless you don't believe in "HIM" ... and then he will reject you so that you land "Ker plunk" in hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1