Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646335 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498168 Dec 8, 2013
oops my bad.

should have typed these words.

NEVER EVER SAID I PUT MY HAND ON HIS FOREHEAD EITHER.

WHY did john from nj dislike you so?

was it because you make up stories and lies?

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#498169 Dec 8, 2013
Wacky theology

Jesus might not know whether he's now a Catholic or a Protestant, but he knows he's definitely not a Muslim ... as the Muslims have their own savior "lined-up" as the 12th Imam.

Williams Lake, Canada

#498170 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
:)

Williams Lake, Canada

#498171 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
oops my bad.
Now you KNOW full well that you don't believe YOUR theologians were capable of lying.

From your perspective, it's just other theologians that tell all the lies.

:)

I really don't want a "helping" of whatever you are "serving."

Williams Lake, Canada

#498172 Dec 8, 2013
Before the word pope meant leader of the whole Catholic organization ... there were many bishops ruling in their own separate areas.

The pope is still recognized as the bishop of Rome.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book,“A History of Christianity”… volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

The bishop represents God. Deference to the bishop is deference to God. The bishop is administrator, liturgist, and prophet.

Williams Lake, Canada

#498173 Dec 8, 2013
Peter the Jew that supposedly became the first pope, seems to be nowhere in "sight."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

At the first ecumenical councils, only certain representatives of the “Pope” participated. That title was adopted by Siricius (384—99), who thus proclaimed himself the “father” and not the “brother” of the other bishops.

Williams Lake, Canada

#498174 Dec 8, 2013
With so many different Catholic theologians writing up storms, the personalized stories were bound to conflict with other personalized stories.

Williams Lake, Canada

#498175 Dec 8, 2013
So the word pope came to mean FATHER, and the word bishop came to mean brother.

That was how the early Catholic theologians worked their "magic."

Williams Lake, Canada

#498176 Dec 8, 2013
Imagine such arrogance self-planted as a seed in the mind of a mortal man.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

ex ca•the•dra

noun

from the seat of authority; with authority: used especially of those pronouncements of the pope that are considered infallible.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ex+cat ...

Williams Lake, Canada

#498177 Dec 8, 2013
All theologians that claimed and claim now to know truth are nothing but self-perceived fortune-tellers, blathering that they knew and know the will of the supposed gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Marin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”

Williams Lake, Canada

#498178 Dec 8, 2013
When I was under the spell of religion ... I asked the question of my self, "Why do I believe that some theologians knew truth and others preached lies?"

That was when a light came on in my bulb that I had been lead astray of my ability to think on my own.

Williams Lake, Canada

#498179 Dec 8, 2013
Gerald considered his adorable self to be a prophet of "goddess wisdom."

I suggest he was simply another theological scam-ARTIST.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Although Gerald Gardner, a key figure in Wicca, was arguably homophobic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_topics_and_...

Williams Lake, Canada

#498180 Dec 8, 2013
Theologians that created the images of gods, all taught us that we are "underlings" to the all-powerful gods.

I took my self worth back from them, and I keep it safely away from their conflicting messages of doom and gloom on one end of the spectrum ... and eternal bliss on the other end of the spectrum.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Cassius:
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#498181 Dec 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
The problem rests in the "facts". One views facts with bias, and considers their own observations as valid. That is what makes opinion.
It is your opinion that your perceptions of the facts are valid. But the problem here is that perceptions are illusions. They are like idols, worshipped in place of God.
For you facts come before faith, which of course is the opposite of what I believe. True, I understand your position. I just wonder if you understand mine....Faith comes before knowledge....
Peace
We've gone over this - faith is learned. Learning is knowledge. Therefore - faith comes after knowledge. One cannot know how to do something without learning of it first.

Unless, in your opinion - you are like you and faith just happened upon you one day, huh? Unfortunately, you seem to refuse to accept that YOU had to do something in order to choose a belief, in order to have faith.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#498182 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
oops my bad.
I don't believe John disliked me. You went back two yrs and cherry picked an exchange to make it appear he didn't like me. I remember some cordial conversations and compliments from me and John to each other.
Like I said, its creepy of you... borderline sociopathic imo.

Williams Lake, Canada

#498183 Dec 8, 2013
I believe that people in all religions are of equal worth to me.

But I suggest that your religion taught you that I am not equal in worth to you ... unless I believe as you believe.

I conversed with a Wiccan who was very proud of her training to be a witch. She claimed that she didn't think that she was better than others, but Wiccan witches can apparently bring down the power of the goddess from the moon.

I am just a simple mortal animal, so I don't have the qualifications of the Wiccan witches to perform "magick."

Religion is BUNK!

Williams Lake, Canada

#498185 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe John disliked me. You went back two yrs and cherry picked an exchange to make it appear he didn't like me. I remember some cordial conversations and compliments from me and John to each other.
Like I said, its creepy of you... borderline sociopathic imo.
You don't "like" each others religions ... and that results in you not liking each other.

Theologians taught you how to be right-fighters. They know from their own experiences that PREACHING makes you feel NEEDED and full of POWER straight from supposed "gods'"

Whether it's lies or truth doesn't matter ... as long as PREACHERS can still PREACH.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#498186 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NEVER EVER SAID I PUT MY HAND ON HIS FOREHEAD EITHER.
WHY didn't john from nj dislike you so?
Darn, I wanted everyone to believe you put your hand on their forehead. Turns out it was a shoulder? Back? Man I'm really getting caught lying here. I also didn't know that Jesus Himself appeared to you right before this. And because you know the exact date its gotta be true.
Listen, I'm done with this. This isn't good for the soul. I love the Lord with all my heart and I believe you do to. I don't care if you think I'm going to hell. I don't care if you say you and Jesus spoke or anything like that. This is getting ridiculous. Its Sunday, we should all try to be a little holier.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498187 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutiny on the "bounty."
Catholic Coalition For Church Reform

A group not AFRAID to put pen to paper expressing their views. Where are the rest of the catholics? HELLO!

http://www.cccrmn.org/v2/index.php...

Williams Lake, Canada

#498188 Dec 8, 2013
If there is a creator of love ... then I suggest that love will be for all forms of life including all humans.

If the creator exists and is not of the character of love ... then all forms of life including humans are doomed to eternal torments of suffering.

I'll cast my vote that there is no all-powerful creator in existence ... and wait until I die to either sleep forever ... or find out what the next saga in the drama of life entails.

Fear is not going to accomplish anything positive. And the morbid history of right-fighting religion is proof that at least that statement is "probably" not based on illusion.

But then again, maybe everything IS based on illusion and it all just seems to be real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web