Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687224 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#498138 Dec 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Peter was certainly buried.
Men wrote all the stories concerning the theology in ALL religions.

The fact that you cling to one story in one religion means nothing other than that it makes you feel powerful in your self to PREACH that your way of perceiving is the RIGHTEOUS way.

Silly stuff in deed.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498139 Dec 8, 2013
This attitude of "I'll believe in GOD, as an insurance policy" is an excuse that an all-knowing god would see through in a flash.

"I'll believe in you GOD, because I also believe that if I don't believe in you, you will reject me to a life of hell."

Until you grow mental back-bones to stand on your own ... you will keep on preaching religious stupidity as though the stupidity is of some value to you ... and to others.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498140 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln was simply a mortal man, indoctrinated by his Christian comrades.
>>>>>>> >>
Lincoln stated that Negroes had the rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" in the first of the Lincoln-Douglas debates.[15] Publicly, Lincoln said he was against Negro suffrage in his speech in Columbus, Ohio on September 16, 1859.[10]:d
Total equality was another matter. He did not say they had a right to complete equality with white American citizens. In the September 18, 1858 debate, Lincoln said:
I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.[16]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_...
this [Lincoln] is the name of a poster not ole Abe. he is a campbellite cultist
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498141 Dec 8, 2013
Observe the blatant arrogance of this theology.

I suggest if the Abrahamic god HAD a mind, it would say ... "You have to be Jews that practice Judaism, or you will not be saved by ME! I AM the LORD ADONAI, and the JEWS are my chosen few!!!"

Religion is BUNK!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD
truth

Forrestfield, Australia

#498142 Dec 8, 2013
i don't believe corupt evil policy
nooooooooooooooooooo

as dirthy water=systems
past present future
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

money is nothing

you are against me and my family

don't used good people name in vain

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

your law is not my law
as never been
no
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498143 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this [Lincoln] is the name of a poster not ole Abe. he is a campbellite cultist
OH ... well thanks for explaining.

By the way ... are YOU a Christian cultist???

After all ... the one GOD ADONAI, who claimed the Jews were his chosen few, wouldn't LIE ... WOULD HE???"

:)

Location hidden

#498144 Dec 8, 2013
truth wrote:
Did you need fraud documents?
you used to write in English that we could understand, who don't you start again? these posts makes no sense to anyone and are not good for us to even look at.

Location hidden

#498145 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... well thanks for explaining.
By the way ... are YOU a Christian cultist???
After all ... the one GOD ADONAI, who claimed the Jews were his chosen few, wouldn't LIE ... WOULD HE???"
YOU can call me anything that you like, I dont care.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498146 Dec 8, 2013
The very idea that Jews can't go to "heaven" unless they convert to Christianity is about as ludicrous as theology can be without being brain-dead ... as Jesus wouldn't be allowed to enter heaven without claiming that he was either a Catholic or a Protestant.

And imagine ADONAI's surprise when Jesus comes home to daddy and he no longer preaches Judaism, but is forced by the pens and sermons of Christian theologians to preach either Catholicism or Protestantism ... and he's not even sure which one is the right one.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498147 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU can call me anything that you like, I dont care.
I didn't call you anything. I asked you if you are a Christian cultist.

Are you?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498148 Dec 8, 2013
cultist

Web definitions

a member of a religious cult
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#498149 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>get YOUR stories straight. first I never laid my Bible on his head or on any other part of his body. I LIAD ONE HAND ON MY BIBLE(KJV) AND THEN OTHER ON HIM(CATHIES DAD) AND AFTER PRAYER. HE WAS TOUCHED BY THE LORD.
and I have never said that Paul told my grandfather anything. I said he seen some of the Apostles but what I did say was L
Wow I was way off. I wanted everyone to believe you held the KJV up to someones forehead. Turns out you put one hand on the KJV and the other on their forehead. What a mistake. I'll try not to lie like that again.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498150 Dec 8, 2013
Being human is not at all a free pass to emotional pleasures.

Imagine a boy being born with a tiny penis, into a culture where men are judged as men by the sizes of their penises.

That could drive some men to be bitter and in turn take a gun on a shooting spree to kill others for laughing at his penis.

It doesn't take much sometimes for humans to go nigh-on insane from stressed-out emotions, that have nothing whatsoever in common with being evil or being lead by a devil.

It's simply human nature to defend the SELF.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498151 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I was way off. I wanted everyone to believe you held the KJV up to someones forehead. Turns out you put one hand on the KJV and the other on their forehead. What a mistake. I'll try not to lie like that again.
You are forgiven ... my son!

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498152 Dec 8, 2013
OOPS! I guess I would have to take years of training as a priest before I could claim that Jesus forgave the sins of Catholics.

I'll try to do better.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498154 Dec 8, 2013
My mother told me before I went to school to use good manners ... to say please, thank you, excuse me, et cetera to others. When I tried my level best to be considerate, the kids laughed me. They taunted me for being polite.

Evil be damned ... I soon enough learned how to lay a licking on those kids that taunted me.

The strong survive ... and the weak, who too easily believe others, and in turn don't find their own worth ... might end up committing suicide.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498155 Dec 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Right or wrong you all stick together that's a fact.
Seraphima says......."you all stick together"

Michael says......Not always! Catholics boast that their church is universal. "All for one and one for all", yet when it comes to finances each diocese is like a little bank. There are 195 dioceses across america and one would believe that if a diocese was hit by hard times that other dioceses and the vatican would automatically jump in and financially assist the one in trouble, after all a small slice of every dollar put on the collection plate heads to Rome's Vatican Bank for safe keeping.

....November 2013 the diocese of New Mexico became the 9th american catholic diocese to file for bankruptcy. Where is the help from the other 186 dioceses? Am I wrong? How could 9 dioceses consisting of over 1500 parishes be left to fend for themselves within the UNIVERSAL church structure? Where is the love?

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines...

Why doesn't the vatican financially help dioceses in financial trouble? Is there never a payback when help is needed? Evidentally not.

....While the universal church's hierarchical structure can mean direct and sometimes swift Vatican intervention in pastoral and dogmatic affairs to dioceses, when it comes to FINANCIAL aid, problems are left to the local church to resolve. Too bad for you attitude!

....A Latin American archbishop says: "I can do more with one dollar than the pope can do with Michelangelo's 'Pieta.'" ... OUCH!!

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498156 Dec 8, 2013
My nephew was gay. Before he came out as gay, he was already badly damaged by those telling jokes about gays, and putting them down as perverts, et cetera. He learned that in church he would have been treated as a pervert even according to "GOD" that he was there to worship.

I tried for years to encourage him to find his own worth ... but he couldn't seem to rise above his pain-filled conditioning.

He ended his life with a shot to his brain ... and I so miss his phone calls, that always started with ... "Well ... hello Auntie" and ended with "I love you auntie."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498157 Dec 8, 2013
You want me to wish Christians a "Merry Christmas" for teaching my sensitive nephew that a god believed he was "evil" for being homosexual???"

I think I'll pass on that one!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498158 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said molester.
If someone posted about Orthodox Saints 8 times a day for a year, would you safely assume they like Orthodoxy?
If someone quoted Led Zepplin songs 8 times a day for a year, would you safely assume they like the band?
What if they bring up child sexual abuse 8 times a day for a year?
That's all I'm getting at. Its way too lopsided on his part to ever believe he's doing it out of justice for victims.
I hear americans all the time saying "I support our troops" over and over. I support our troops! Would you assume that people don't really mean what they say that they support the troops? Is that lopsided talk?

You are just afraid to step forward with other catholics and demand answers from your church leaders. Its that FEAR thing, what else could it be?

You name call and insult protestants on this forum. You call liberal catholics hackers, you don't like the american nuns who are doing as they were allowed to do through vatican II policies and you don't like anyone who questions your church leaders when answers are needed.

That puts you in a tiny bubble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web