Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682005 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498007 Dec 7, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>That's one of the misconceptions taught by Christians and Catholics. One could live a life of good deeds while not praying and worshipping God and still find favor and would be considered worthy of eternal life. It is when a good person DENIES God and CURSES the existence of God and His name that renders a persons good deeds worthless. Listen, according to the scriptures this is the only sin which God will not tolerate or overlook...but given His revealed nature He may forgive someone that is sincere in their repentence. And remember, "repent" means to turn away from sin and not "to ask forgiveness"...so, like I was saying, we don't have to be praying day and night rigorously (but if we choose to practice, proceed in His name), just as long as we don't CURSE His very existence because to do so we would be cursing our own.
Seriously no one has any evidence or proof (its just your belief) that what happens to you when you die is no different than what happens to me and everyone else. IF there really is a loving God I can't believe he would create Billions of people then sort us out like some kind of game...... your good your bad, you are good you are bad.

Fear is what motivates people to believe. Fear of failure, fear of an eternity of fire. Religious leaders learned long before the name Jesus was ever mentioned, that instilling FEAR can make people do just about anything you want them to. Marketing 101.

Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#498008 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
June

Vatican says this or that.... "I get no respect!", quotes Rodney Dangerfield.

Vatican laughs at its own jokes....

"Can't believe what they(newsmen and women) say about the Vatican", says I, says whoever....

The news-people duped you into believing a lie!, misquotes Rodney Dangerfield....

smile a little, G. Orwell says its still...,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-...
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498009 Dec 7, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I see you as a very sad person. Yep, what did the Church do to you that masde youy hate her? Or were you told the truth and couldn't hack it? whatever it is, you need to stop the hatred.
Wrong again!

You tell me what I posted is incorrect? All facets of life have good and bad, and we learn from both good and bad, when people don't want to hear or know about the bad, or do anything about the bad, then that is where the problem lies.

I have no issue with the church. I can't see how preachers of the faith can honestly stand up every sunday pointing their fingers at everyone sitting in front of them telling them how they are to live their lives and be good, while all this crap has been going on behind the scenes for centuries committed by them.

You want to clean up the mess in the church? SPEAK OUT ABOUT IT. We do that with everything else.......but for some reason religious people have this built in FEAR that we can't.

that is what is SAD!

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#498010 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
All one has to do is GOOGLE Catholic sex abuse (pick any country) hundreds of abuses pop up. GOOGLE (any city) catholic sex abuse and they pop up for any city in america over 5,000 people.
Doesn't this confirm there has always been a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy? I mean really!! the evidence is there and its crystal clear.
Some of those priests might be completely innocent of molestations, but there are huge cash benefits in it for those who win the cases in court.

Crystal clear is a phrase that has lead many a judge astray of how scenarios actually unfolded.

I suggest that the smell of money has a strong odor.

Many people in and not in religion were put to death by judges that didn't know truth.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498011 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously no one has any evidence or proof (its just your belief) that what happens to you when you die is no different than what happens to me and everyone else. IF there really is a loving God I can't believe he would create Billions of people then sort us out like some kind of game...... your good your bad, you are good you are bad.
They find it all TOO easy to believe that others are evil and THEY are holy ... in the eyes of the gods.

Stupid humans.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498012 Dec 7, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I see you as a very sad person. Yep, what did the Church do to you that masde youy hate her? Or were you told the truth and couldn't hack it? whatever it is, you need to stop the hatred.
Right hand side of this forum near the top ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEWS,.........5 of the top 10 stories has to do with clergy abuse. Read them!

Every day new stories emerge in this column. If thats OK with you then you have the problem.

hojo

Chaska, MN

#498013 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says......Michael!! Your vindictiveness, hostility and hate against the Catholic Church.
Michael says.....Ever read any of your own posts you make towards protestants with your name calling and insults?
You live in a little bubble. You hate protestants, I read your posts, you hate liberal catholics, you hate the american catholic nuns because many of them have higher educations than their bishops and they spend too much time helping the poor and not speaking against abortions. You live in a tiny little bubble world.
Thats it! You are the bubble boy.
Wrong again Michael, which is "nothing new' to me or any other Catholic on this forum. I don't hate ANYONE! I dislike the "innappropriate, condemning and judgemental (actions) of those persons (like yourself) who is on this forum for "one purpose--and one purpose only. To spread their anti-catholic hostility, defiance and vengeance against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the Catholic Church that HE initiated over 2000 years ago. This is just your own "bogus opinionated" way of attempting to undermine those of us Catholics who believe, follow and adhere to the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church. Protestants on this forum and around the world, our are brothers and sisters in Christ and unfortunately, YOU Michael, have "rejected" both of these Christian beliefs, by your OWN hate for the Christian faith!!!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498014 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Vatican says this or that....
Robert F. a.k.a Human Being ... says this or that ... Protestantism or Catholicism, or Atheism, or Buddhism ... or Catholicism.

What next comes for the master Robert F ... of ALL "trades???" THAT is the question.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#498015 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which rituals or beliefs didn't you like when you were a Protestant that finally "guided" you into Catholicism?
June

Seriously, I must laugh.

Most all Protestant rituals developed out of the RCC, or as a reaction to the RCC....Then time went on and all got muddled. And most got be-fuddled, like me. Then the search began.

My journey started in time, and went backwards to find the "old ways", the old path, as Jeremiah wrote. Those are the best....(Jeremiah 6 16 "Thus says the LORD, Stand you in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it, and you shall find rest for your souls....)
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498016 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Were all doomed!
Hahahahahaha
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498017 Dec 7, 2013
Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion - several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven.

Mark Twain
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#498018 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to all Christians ... it's not just a matter of trusting that Jesus saves.
It's a matter of understanding every word written in the bible as it is meant BY Jesus to be understood.
How ridiculous.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
June

S. I. Hayakawa was right..., you made a left turn when it comes understanding the Bible, June....

Turn right.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498019 Dec 7, 2013
When Art Linkletter asked a little boy about five years old what he was drawing, he said he was drawing a picture of God. When Art said he thought people didn’t know what God looked like, the little boy replied,“They will when I’m done.”
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498020 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Most all Protestant rituals developed out of the RCC, or as a reaction to the RCC....Then time went on and all got muddled. And most got be-fuddled, like me. Then the search began.
My journey started in time, and went backwards to find the "old ways", the old path
Well, if you go farther back than Catholicism, you'll find Judaism and then you can worship Jehovah ... the ONLY god in the Abrahamic religion.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498021 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
S. I. Hayakawa was right..., you made a left turn when it comes understanding the Bible, June....
I understand that YOU idolize the Catholic church fathers such as John Chrysostom, who was a Catholic VILE HATER of Jews.

And I understand that you are certain YOU will end up in heaven, while the unfortunate ones end up in hell.

Pompous ASS!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498022 Dec 7, 2013
"Human beings are the only creatures on Earth who claim a God, and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one."

Author unknown
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498024 Dec 7, 2013
I suggest that if by chance a god did exist that loved the Christians when they killed each other on his behalf ... the god is indeed malicious.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

I have second thoughts. Maybe God is malicious.

Told to Valentine Bargmann.

Albert Einstein

Quoted in J. Sayen, Einstein in America (1958), 51.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498026 Dec 7, 2013
"The enmity of the Christians towards each other surpassed the fury of savage beasts against man."

Ammianus Marcellinus, 4th century Roman historian.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498027 Dec 7, 2013
From the book … The True Believer … Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements … by Eric Hoffer. Published 1951.

By elevating dogma above reason, the individual’s intelligence is prevented from becoming self reliant.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498028 Dec 7, 2013
Religion's child

Aware of light and yet condemned to grope

Through dark regression's cave, told she must find

Life's purpose in that blackness, without hope,

Denied the luminescence of her mind

Until, at last, she finds the darkness kind,

Religion's child--a babe once bright and fair,

Curls up, silences her mind, and recites her prayer.

Sherry Matulis, Women Without Superstition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web