Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649626 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#497978 Dec 7, 2013
Malta

A Maltese court found that Fr Charles Pulis and Fr Godwin Scerri sexually abused children and sentenced the two men to six years and five years in prison respectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_s...

Williams Lake, Canada

#497979 Dec 7, 2013
I read once where when the Catholic hierarchy had complete control over the "worshippers" ... that if a "bad" pope reigned, all the worshippers could do was pray for the pope to change, as they had no other power on which to rely.

Imagine if you were molested, going to the pope who knew the molestations were occurring and expecting that pope to help you.

That is what the Catholics had to endure.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497980 Dec 7, 2013
On a smaller scale, the Jehovah's Witnesses also have a hierarchy of men that protect those who molest children.

However, it doesn't result in such a news-breaking media-frenzy as does the powerful (in the news often) Catholic church.

If you do your own homework, you will see that the Protestants are every bit as guilty of sexual molestation as are the Catholics, and that is because whether humans are in or not in religion ... humans are mortal animals ... NOT super-duper servants of gods.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497981 Dec 7, 2013
If a preacher preaches at you how to be holy, I suggest you do a back-GROUND check, and you will find that their words don't match up with their behavior.

However, we have no way of checking out these preachers on the forum that put on AIRS ... and never doubt for a moment that they are fully aware of that fact.
Liam

Minneapolis, MN

#497982 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Augustine spent 9 years in the Manichean sect, that he left to join up with the Catholics that were then coming to power. He left his child and the mother of his child behind in the Manichean sect that in turn the Catholic hierarchy with its military prowess ultimately obliterated as heretics.
And Augustine was a "proud" anti-Semitic spokesman for the Catholic religion.
You need to realize something. Jews persecuted Christians in Saint Augustines day, not the other way around. I believe 30,000 Catholics were massacred at the hands of the Jews during his life. I will check on that later but you are welcomed to find out for yourself.
Its easy for you to judge the man 1400 yrs later when you don't know what he personally went through.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497983 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you are so heavily invested in Catholicism is that you are fond of PLAYING GAMES that you find pleasing to your own emotions.
The idea that Catholicism was based from its beginnings and still IS based on anti-Semitism and that Jews were slaughtered for centuries because of your religion ... is simply a JOKE to you.
The idea that Catholicism teaches that most people of the world will spend eternity in hell ... also means nothing to you.
All that is important to you, is that you believe YOU are saved by an ex-Jew turned Catholic ... period. And that is YOUR game. And that is why I have not one bit of respect for you.
June OffTheMark(again)

It is sometimes easy, and sometimes hard to write to you. Your thought constructs, and images are so skewed from the norm, that they are easily dealt with, but repeating the same nihilistic dogma, over and over, is like putting to much hot pepper in the gumbo....

Our definitions are worlds apart. And I must always bow to your eccentric thought constructions, which are built on quicksand. That is why your ideas about Catholicism, and religion in general are easy to joke about. They can't withstand the test of time, as being even reasonable.

Obviously, there are nutty individuals that call themselves experts in religion, and push their view, and that makes you no different than them.

I like it when you are reasonable, and ask a "good" question, or put my presumptions to the test. To state the obvious, I am not fond of repeating myself.(Does that make me a bad teacher?) Hmmm.
I must think about that....

A little levity please....
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497984 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that what most Christians don't realize is that their supposed savior (had he lived,) was also a preacher of anti-Semitic messages.
"Within the theology," Jesus lead the people AWAY from Judaism.
Yet the ONLY god (by the various names of Adonai, or Jehovah, or Elohim, et cetera) in the Abrahamic religion, was created BY Jews, for Jewish USE ONLY.
Religion is ALL BUNK!
June OffTheMark

So you are saying that when Jesus taught people to be better than the hypocrites ruling them, he was teaching anti-Semitic messages....

Hmmmm. Does that mean you call Jews hypocrites?

Its okay for you to call out the hypocrites in Christian religions, but not okay to call them out in Islam and Judaism?

Sounds like you are not being honest....

Williams Lake, Canada

#497985 Dec 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to realize something. Jews persecuted Christians.
First the Jews persecuted the Christians for not being faithful to Judaism. And then when the ex-Jew Catholic rebels got the upper hand in the power ... it swung the OTHER way.

I suggest you stop protecting your gang of thugs and wake up to the realization that all those men in all religions wanted was earthly power to control others.

Religion never had anything in common with kindness or concern for others ... UNLESS of course they were followers of the same personalized religion.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497986 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June OffTheMark(again)
It is sometimes easy, and sometimes hard to write to you. Your thought constructs, and images are so skewed from the norm, that they are easily dealt with, but repeating the same nihilistic dogma, over and over, is like putting to much hot pepper in the gumbo....
Our definitions are worlds apart. And I must always bow to your eccentric thought constructions, which are built on quicksand. That is why your ideas about Catholicism, and religion in general are easy to joke about. They can't withstand the test of time, as being even reasonable.
Obviously, there are nutty individuals that call themselves experts in religion, and push their view, and that makes you no different than them.
I like it when you are reasonable, and ask a "good" question, or put my presumptions to the test. To state the obvious, I am not fond of repeating myself.(Does that make me a bad teacher?) Hmmm.
I must think about that....
A little levity please....
I don't respect YOU for belonging to a religion that teaches you that you are worthy of salvation and others deserve hell.

I suggest you go play with your bible.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497987 Dec 7, 2013
Jews brutalized other Jews LONG before the ex-Jew Catholics and Muslims and Protestants all ganged up on the Jews AND each other.

Theologians were the masters of the feudal systems.

The kept their individual units divided by preaching that the other guys were the sinners against the same supposed god.

Whether humans will ever wake up from religious stupors, remains to be seen.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

stu·por

noun: stupor

a state of near-unconsciousness or insensibility.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497988 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised a ROMAN CATHOLIC.........I left 15 years ago, like many are doing today. Just like everyone else knows yes there are criminals in every walk of life, but an organization like the roman catholic church is at the top of the leader board with coverups, lies and deceit moving offending clergy "SYSTEMATICALLY" from parish to parish, without even notifying the new parish "HIDE YOUR CHILDREN" As you know this has gone on SYSTEMATICALLY around the world with the exact same method of operation. Now how could that happen without VATICAN assistance? LIE to the parishioners why a offending priest is getting moved. Deceive the victims family by telling them their son must be lying, and cover it all up from everyone for 17 centuries until the number of cases became so overwhelming they couldn't cover them up anymore.
Your own catholic church has canon laws and papal documents that date back 1700 years with not being able to get a handle on sexually offending clergy.
Read about it below including the churches very own CANON laws..
http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...
I bring the truth to those that don't want to believe the truth. Very sad indeed.......
Michael

Peace

I read most of the site you posted, and went to the Lafayette, La incident, which seemed to trigger the new-wave of reporting on sex crimes by clergy. It is interesting, that I live in the Diocese of Lafayette, and so the article pertains to our "local" area....

I will have to think on this a bit before replying....

Peace
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#497989 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Jews brutalized other Jews LONG before the ex-Jew Catholics and Muslims and Protestants all ganged up on the Jews AND each other.
Theologians were the masters of the feudal systems.
The kept their individual units divided by preaching that the other guys were the sinners against the same supposed god.
Whether humans will ever wake up from religious stupors, remains to be seen.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
stu·por
noun: stupor
a state of near-unconsciousness or insensibility.
Again with the Jews!

Shouldn't be at Pearl Harbar Day doing a reunion show for all the broken hearted service men you left behind?
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497990 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...It was NEVER any of your church leaders who ever dialed 9-1-1 to report these crimes. It was ALWAYS! the victims and their families. The only reason we now know about all these crimes and they have occured in almost all 195 dioceses in america and every diocese in Canada and around the world is because the number of cases became so overwhelming the church couldn't lie and cover them up anymore......PERIOD!
Were not talking about stealing a loaf of bread, we are talking about the most disgusting sins of all.
You and I were taught from a young age by priests/nuns that we could not receive the eucharist with sins on our souls and sinful to cover up sins, yet for centuries priests/bishops/cardinals covered up sins and the most sinful acts often for years, to protect the offenders, NOT the victims yet these clergy who had knowledge of these sins and covered them up, gave themselves the eucharist at every mass they said, but telling us we could NEVER receive the eucharist with such sins on our souls.
Who is ZOOMING who??
HIPOCRACY! at the highest level.
If anything I posted is incorrect please give your reasons why.
Michael

You can fool most of the people most of the time.

The question is when someone is not fooled, what do they do? Just go along for the ride?

I personally have my doubts about some of the clergymen I have known, as to their spirituality. But also they must struggle with it themselves. Some have given up the struggle, and simply do the job. And a lot of people just come and go from their Mass, with little, because their spirituality also is compromised.

When the RCC acts more like an industry, it loses its credibility and capital. But these men are smart, and will figure out how to do the right thing. If not, then churches get closed, and people will find some more trustworthy spirituality elsewhere....

Hypocrisy is not just in the RCC. It is just the target because it is supposed to be a morally superior entity on this earth, and popular news loves to sensationalize its criticism of the RCC, as a way of selling its product.(The problem is popular media is probable the greatest source of hypocrisy....)

Peace
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497991 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't respect YOU for belonging to a religion that teaches you that you are worthy of salvation and others deserve hell.
I suggest you go play with your bible.
June

"I don't get no respect...," Rodney Dangerfield.

Hmmm. Since I don't belong to religion that teaches I am worthy of salvation and others deserve hell, then you must respect me....I don't think I can take the pain of such a thought....

What you always fail to take into account, is that I am not a mindless drone, when it comes to my beliefs,(nor are they subject to your opinion) and my experience tells me, that heaven and hell await, but no one around here can tell me the truth as to who deserves what. And that is simply because we are living on this side of eternity, for now, but can catch glimpses of it once in awhile....

Peace

Williams Lake, Canada

#497993 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Since I don't belong to religion that teaches I am worthy of salvation and others deserve hell, then you must respect me
Liar!

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Williams Lake, Canada

#497994 Dec 7, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the Jews!
Shouldn't be at Pearl Harbar Day doing a reunion show for all the broken hearted service men you left behind?
Your post is yet more proof that all those centuries of Jewish slaughter by the ex-Jew-Christians doesn't even fizz on your brain, as your religion has so desensitized you to the violence.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497995 Dec 7, 2013
If there is only one true religion ... which one could it BE???

GEE ... let me GUESS. Of all the religions on earth ... YOU believe it is YOURS.

Stupid humans.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497996 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
"I don't get no respect...," Rodney Dangerfield.
Hmmm. Since I don't belong to religion that teaches I am worthy of salvation and others deserve hell, then you must respect me....I don't think I can take the pain of such a thought....
What you always fail to take into account, is that I am not a mindless drone, when it comes to my beliefs,(nor are they subject to your opinion) and my experience tells me, that heaven and hell await, but no one around here can tell me the truth as to who deserves what. And that is simply because we are living on this side of eternity, for now, but can catch glimpses of it once in awhile....
Peace
Which rituals or beliefs didn't you like when you were a Protestant that finally "guided" you into Catholicism?

Williams Lake, Canada

#497997 Dec 7, 2013
Over all, both Protestants and Catholics are certain that a belief in Jesus equates to salvation.

But separate the two religions, and they both claim that their own religions teach truth and that the other one teaches ONLY lies.

Stupid humans.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497999 Dec 7, 2013
According to all Christians ... it's not just a matter of trusting that Jesus saves.

It's a matter of understanding every word written in the bible as it is meant BY Jesus to be understood.

How ridiculous.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul 7 Marco the atheist 14,374
More from around the web