Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497969 Dec 7, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference? Catholics are NOT PROSECUTED and receive NO JAIL time. The odd Protestant is often prosecuted and their entire church seized. Tony Alamo is one example even tho the state went in looking for child pron and found none. They chose to instead charge him with transporting children across state lines. He of course has more than one church in multiple states. He was set up and is in prison today, for the crime of preaching against the Pope.
Then there's Waco where the church was burned to the ground, although they were an armed church, and I do not agree with that. The original charges were child abuse.
The Roman Church made news FINALLY after YEARS of abuse that does continue today. Cardinal Bernard Law was simply relocated to Rome.
Cardinal Law from Boston? What ever happened to Cardinal Law.

In his new home in Rome, Bernard Cardinal Law has built a pretty comfortable life for himself, presiding over a stunning basilica, mingling with admirers—and enjoying as much power as ever.

....... Not only the former Cardinals position’s prestige that aroused objections, but the luxury that reportedly went with it. Internet chatter described the archpriest’s apartment, housed in a building attached to the basilica’s south side, as “palatial,” with “frescoes on the wall.” Those who’ve visited say the space consists of six or seven nicely appointed rooms—a far cry from the four-story mansion on Commonwealth Avenue that Law lived in here, but nonetheless a decent spread in the Esquilino neighborhood, where real estate easily runs upward of $400 per square foot. The New York Times reported that Law would receive a stipend of about $5,000 per month, out of which the cardinal pays living expenses for himself and the two or three nuns who keep house for him. All in all, it’s a comfortable existence. Law regularly attends diplomatic and social events, and is occasionally seen dining out with friends. One of his favorite spots is said to be Cecilia Metella, a moderately expensive country restaurant on the Via Appia Antica where the prix fixe dinners run between $60 and $85.

The good ole life for a man that cost the followers in the arch-diocese of Boston millions $$ and grief for all of the clergy he covered up for.

thats what I am talking about! Accountability.

socci

Cameron, MO

#497970 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The new testament was written by Catholics to use against those such as "Confrinting with the word," and he is so ignorant that he uses the same scriptures to vilify the Catholics as vile sinners.
And both Catholics and Protestants believe the scriptures are "in place" to serve their own agendas.
How FUNNY!!!

The books of the NT were written by the Apostles before the close of the first century.

Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

http://www.datingthenewtestament.com

KJV History

http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ
http://archive.org/details/KentHovind-BibleVe...

The Forbidden Book: History of the Bible
http://youtu.be/6uFgKlnEJus

Battle of the Bibles
http://youtu.be/tNv-zzpIwBs

Changing the Word
http://youtu.be/RqBEuxGY7DI

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#497971 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
FEAR is their motivation for believing. The more FEAR that is talked about the more they file into church and believe.
I can't believe a God would keep score of every action we make or count every sparrow that dies.
Someone dedicates their entire life helping others, never abuses alcohol, or never did drugs, commits one sin that he forgets to repent for and spends eternity in a bowl of fire, yet another person rapes and murders people, commits crimes his entire life hurting others along the way, REPENTS for all his previous actions and finds himself in the puffy clouds with God for eternity.
.......makes no common sense.
That's one of the misconceptions taught by Christians and Catholics. One could live a life of good deeds while not praying and worshipping God and still find favor and would be considered worthy of eternal life. It is when a good person DENIES God and CURSES the existence of God and His name that renders a persons good deeds worthless. Listen, according to the scriptures this is the only sin which God will not tolerate or overlook...but given His revealed nature He may forgive someone that is sincere in their repentence. And remember, "repent" means to turn away from sin and not "to ask forgiveness"...so, like I was saying, we don't have to be praying day and night rigorously (but if we choose to practice, proceed in His name), just as long as we don't CURSE His very existence because to do so we would be cursing our own.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#497972 Dec 7, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The books of the NT were written by the Apostles before the close of the first century.
Who wrote the NT books and when?
http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
http://www.datingthenewtestament.com
KJV History
http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ
http://archive.org/details/KentHovind-BibleVe...
The Forbidden Book: History of the Bible
http://youtu.be/6uFgKlnEJus
Battle of the Bibles
http://youtu.be/tNv-zzpIwBs
Changing the Word
http://youtu.be/RqBEuxGY7DI
There WERE no Catholic apostles.

Jewish rebels known as Catholics wrote the new testament.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497973 Dec 7, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>That's one of the misconceptions taught by Christians and Catholics. One could live a life of good deeds while not praying and worshipping God and still find favor and would be considered worthy of eternal life. It is when a good person DENIES God and CURSES the existence of God and His name that renders a persons good deeds worthless. Listen, according to the scriptures this is the only sin which God will not tolerate or overlook...but given His revealed nature He may forgive someone that is sincere in their repentence. And remember, "repent" means to turn away from sin and not "to ask forgiveness"...so, like I was saying, we don't have to be praying day and night rigorously (but if we choose to practice, proceed in His name), just as long as we don't CURSE His very existence because to do so we would be cursing our own.
Those in religion are BENT on preaching stupidity.

A creator that created such a realm of suffering for all animals including humans wouldn't even be close to being perfect in ANY "sense" of the word.

Humans should take a shotgun after HIM ... if only he wasn't conveniently created as invisible by the humans who in turn created him.

Religion is BUNK!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497974 Dec 7, 2013
France

Catholic sexual abuse scandal in Europe#France

Seine et MarneHenri Lebras sentenced to ten years for the rape of a twelve-year-old boy between 1995 and 1998.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_s...

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#497975 Dec 7, 2013
Catholics and Christians really believe that we have to pray to Jesus, or Mary, or that we have to go to church and confess to a man in order for God to recognize us as good people. What about all of the people, especially populations considered indigenous, who have never heard of Jesus? They may honor and take care of each other as brethren, acknowledge and maintain the "earthly balances" concerning man and land, and may have a God or system of god as their way of reaching out to an entity beyond their own authority. Would those people be condemned to the hellfire just because they never professed the name of "Jesus" from their tongues?!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497976 Dec 7, 2013
Germany

Main article: Catholic sexual abuse scandal in Europe#Germany

In February 2010 Der Spiegel reported that more than 94 clerics and laymen have been suspected of sexual abuse since 1995, but only 30 of those suspects had actually been prosecuted because of legal time constraints on pursuing cases.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497977 Dec 7, 2013
Can you tell where the pope lives?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Italy

Main article: Catholic sexual abuse scandal in Europe#Italy

It is difficult to ascertain the actual statistics for clerical sexual abuse in Italy because the Italian Government has a treaty with the Vatican that guarantees areas of immunity to Vatican officials, including bishops and priests.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497978 Dec 7, 2013
Malta

A Maltese court found that Fr Charles Pulis and Fr Godwin Scerri sexually abused children and sentenced the two men to six years and five years in prison respectively.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497979 Dec 7, 2013
I read once where when the Catholic hierarchy had complete control over the "worshippers" ... that if a "bad" pope reigned, all the worshippers could do was pray for the pope to change, as they had no other power on which to rely.

Imagine if you were molested, going to the pope who knew the molestations were occurring and expecting that pope to help you.

That is what the Catholics had to endure.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497980 Dec 7, 2013
On a smaller scale, the Jehovah's Witnesses also have a hierarchy of men that protect those who molest children.

However, it doesn't result in such a news-breaking media-frenzy as does the powerful (in the news often) Catholic church.

If you do your own homework, you will see that the Protestants are every bit as guilty of sexual molestation as are the Catholics, and that is because whether humans are in or not in religion ... humans are mortal animals ... NOT super-duper servants of gods.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497981 Dec 7, 2013
If a preacher preaches at you how to be holy, I suggest you do a back-GROUND check, and you will find that their words don't match up with their behavior.

However, we have no way of checking out these preachers on the forum that put on AIRS ... and never doubt for a moment that they are fully aware of that fact.
Liam

Minneapolis, MN

#497982 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Augustine spent 9 years in the Manichean sect, that he left to join up with the Catholics that were then coming to power. He left his child and the mother of his child behind in the Manichean sect that in turn the Catholic hierarchy with its military prowess ultimately obliterated as heretics.
And Augustine was a "proud" anti-Semitic spokesman for the Catholic religion.
You need to realize something. Jews persecuted Christians in Saint Augustines day, not the other way around. I believe 30,000 Catholics were massacred at the hands of the Jews during his life. I will check on that later but you are welcomed to find out for yourself.
Its easy for you to judge the man 1400 yrs later when you don't know what he personally went through.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497983 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you are so heavily invested in Catholicism is that you are fond of PLAYING GAMES that you find pleasing to your own emotions.
The idea that Catholicism was based from its beginnings and still IS based on anti-Semitism and that Jews were slaughtered for centuries because of your religion ... is simply a JOKE to you.
The idea that Catholicism teaches that most people of the world will spend eternity in hell ... also means nothing to you.
All that is important to you, is that you believe YOU are saved by an ex-Jew turned Catholic ... period. And that is YOUR game. And that is why I have not one bit of respect for you.
June OffTheMark(again)

It is sometimes easy, and sometimes hard to write to you. Your thought constructs, and images are so skewed from the norm, that they are easily dealt with, but repeating the same nihilistic dogma, over and over, is like putting to much hot pepper in the gumbo....

Our definitions are worlds apart. And I must always bow to your eccentric thought constructions, which are built on quicksand. That is why your ideas about Catholicism, and religion in general are easy to joke about. They can't withstand the test of time, as being even reasonable.

Obviously, there are nutty individuals that call themselves experts in religion, and push their view, and that makes you no different than them.

I like it when you are reasonable, and ask a "good" question, or put my presumptions to the test. To state the obvious, I am not fond of repeating myself.(Does that make me a bad teacher?) Hmmm.
I must think about that....

A little levity please....
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497984 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that what most Christians don't realize is that their supposed savior (had he lived,) was also a preacher of anti-Semitic messages.
"Within the theology," Jesus lead the people AWAY from Judaism.
Yet the ONLY god (by the various names of Adonai, or Jehovah, or Elohim, et cetera) in the Abrahamic religion, was created BY Jews, for Jewish USE ONLY.
Religion is ALL BUNK!
June OffTheMark

So you are saying that when Jesus taught people to be better than the hypocrites ruling them, he was teaching anti-Semitic messages....

Hmmmm. Does that mean you call Jews hypocrites?

Its okay for you to call out the hypocrites in Christian religions, but not okay to call them out in Islam and Judaism?

Sounds like you are not being honest....
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497985 Dec 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to realize something. Jews persecuted Christians.
First the Jews persecuted the Christians for not being faithful to Judaism. And then when the ex-Jew Catholic rebels got the upper hand in the power ... it swung the OTHER way.

I suggest you stop protecting your gang of thugs and wake up to the realization that all those men in all religions wanted was earthly power to control others.

Religion never had anything in common with kindness or concern for others ... UNLESS of course they were followers of the same personalized religion.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497986 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June OffTheMark(again)
It is sometimes easy, and sometimes hard to write to you. Your thought constructs, and images are so skewed from the norm, that they are easily dealt with, but repeating the same nihilistic dogma, over and over, is like putting to much hot pepper in the gumbo....
Our definitions are worlds apart. And I must always bow to your eccentric thought constructions, which are built on quicksand. That is why your ideas about Catholicism, and religion in general are easy to joke about. They can't withstand the test of time, as being even reasonable.
Obviously, there are nutty individuals that call themselves experts in religion, and push their view, and that makes you no different than them.
I like it when you are reasonable, and ask a "good" question, or put my presumptions to the test. To state the obvious, I am not fond of repeating myself.(Does that make me a bad teacher?) Hmmm.
I must think about that....
A little levity please....
I don't respect YOU for belonging to a religion that teaches you that you are worthy of salvation and others deserve hell.

I suggest you go play with your bible.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497987 Dec 7, 2013
Jews brutalized other Jews LONG before the ex-Jew Catholics and Muslims and Protestants all ganged up on the Jews AND each other.

Theologians were the masters of the feudal systems.

The kept their individual units divided by preaching that the other guys were the sinners against the same supposed god.

Whether humans will ever wake up from religious stupors, remains to be seen.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

stu·por

noun: stupor

a state of near-unconsciousness or insensibility.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497988 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised a ROMAN CATHOLIC.........I left 15 years ago, like many are doing today. Just like everyone else knows yes there are criminals in every walk of life, but an organization like the roman catholic church is at the top of the leader board with coverups, lies and deceit moving offending clergy "SYSTEMATICALLY" from parish to parish, without even notifying the new parish "HIDE YOUR CHILDREN" As you know this has gone on SYSTEMATICALLY around the world with the exact same method of operation. Now how could that happen without VATICAN assistance? LIE to the parishioners why a offending priest is getting moved. Deceive the victims family by telling them their son must be lying, and cover it all up from everyone for 17 centuries until the number of cases became so overwhelming they couldn't cover them up anymore.
Your own catholic church has canon laws and papal documents that date back 1700 years with not being able to get a handle on sexually offending clergy.
Read about it below including the churches very own CANON laws..
http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...
I bring the truth to those that don't want to believe the truth. Very sad indeed.......
Michael

Peace

I read most of the site you posted, and went to the Lafayette, La incident, which seemed to trigger the new-wave of reporting on sex crimes by clergy. It is interesting, that I live in the Diocese of Lafayette, and so the article pertains to our "local" area....

I will have to think on this a bit before replying....

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web