Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#497927 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Husker Du says........Remember what billy Graham's son said? Don't cast stones unless you haven't sinned.
As Franklin Graham preaches not to cast stones, he uses words from his buy-bull to in turn preach that hell exists for those that "god" rejects.

Preachers in all religions, continually preach steaming illusions of HOT AIR.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497928 Dec 7, 2013
Do you see how the men of the Catholic hierarchy wanted to blame homosexuals for their own problems of not reporting sexual abuse?

The fact that boys and girls were molested by priests and nuns was not addressed by the hierarchy.

They needed a scapegoat and so homosexuals BECAME that scapegoat.

What a dirty TRICK!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Sex abuse rife in other religions, says Vatican

In a defiant and provocative statement, issued following a meeting of the UN human rights council in Geneva, the Holy See said the majority of Catholic clergy who committed such acts were not paedophiles but homosexuals attracted to sex with adolescent males.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/28/...
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497929 Dec 7, 2013
Although it was written in to law at some point in history that heterosexuals committing anal sex would also be put to death ... I never read of even one case where a heterosexual WAS put to death ... as were homosexuals.

That indicates that the laws were only followed as the heterosexuals in power WANTED them to be followed.

How Con-venient that the king of Jerusalem was Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

12th century

1120 – Baldwin II of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, convenes the Council of Nablus to address the vices within the Kingdom. The Council calls for the burning of individuals who perpetually commit sodomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_LGBT ...
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497930 Dec 7, 2013
Wherever there is religion you will find constant contradiction by believers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

National Catholic Reporter

Experts reject homosexuality as risk factor

(“Neither homosexual nor heterosexual orientation is a risk factor,” they said,“but rather, disordered or confused sexual orientation is a risk factor.”)

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/vatican -...
Liam

Detroit, MI

#497931 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says.....So anyone who supports victims of sexual abuse and most of them are grown men who have lived with this horror and agony for decades is attracted to children? The SNAP organization that is an avenue for those abused shouldn't be because they want justice from your church leaders? You are an A-hole.
Maybe one day you will grow the stones that are required to lose the FEAR in voicing your concern that your very own church leaders have lied, deceived and covered up the worst sins of all..........and you have the gall to deflect the issue because you don't want anyone saying anything bad about your church leaders who have made a fool out of you. Now I understand!
You don't like any media reporting stories about your church, because you are embarassed, but you will never give in and say 'WHAT THE HELL HAS BEEN GOING ON" its always someone elses fault.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Nothing changes the fact that you devote more time on this than the statistics warrant. So something else is going on here. Its a no brainer that people like you have another agenda. You want to rake Catholics over coals repeatedly for personal reasons.

You said I don't like the media reporting this stuff because I'm embarrassed? On a certain level I'm embarrassed for the Church yes. I would add sad and concerned to that too. I feel terrible for the victims and if my Sunday donations compensate them for their wounds I'm ok with it.
But I'm not an ignorant man. The Church will never crumble no matter how many sinful clergy are around. In a sense, it only becomes stronger because the Holy Spirit sends more saints to counter attack the evil.

The only thing that makes me upset about the media is their unbalanced approach to this. Even you'll admit its lopsided as hell. But I'm glad its out there and I'm glad its embarrassing the guilty. The only way to rid the Church of this sickness is to go through these times. We will come out better because of it.

"its better that scandal should arise then the truth be kept hidden"

~Saint Augustine
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497932 Dec 7, 2013
Those that were brave enough to question the ones in religion that held power, had their lives snuffed out by being labeled as heretics.

The Muslims use the term "infidel" for their excuses to kill.

Religion was based on whatever the ones in power dictated was truth from gods.

What a shame that humans are so DUMB.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497933 Dec 7, 2013
I suggest that if you don't stop using words from your bibles to point at others as sinning against a god, you will some day regret your present vanity.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497934 Dec 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"its better that scandal should arise then the truth be kept hidden"
~Saint Augustine
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The dreadful Augustinian theory of the damnation of unbaptized dead infants shows that the greatest doctors in the Church are not without redoubtable ambivalence
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497935 Dec 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Augustine
There was nothing HOLY about Augustine. He promoted the Just war theory ... PREACHING that under certain circumstances (with the intent of justifying the heavily armed Catholic militia) that ... "GOD" ordained war.

Augustine was an anti-Semitism ... vilifying the Jews as vile sinners, and his Catholics as HOLY followers of GOD.

I suggest you should be ashamed of your religion ... but you are too VAIN to see beyond your own vanity.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497936 Dec 7, 2013
Augustine spent 9 years in the Manichean sect, that he left to join up with the Catholics that were then coming to power. He left his child and the mother of his child behind in the Manichean sect that in turn the Catholic hierarchy with its military prowess ultimately obliterated as heretics.

And Augustine was a "proud" anti-Semitic spokesman for the Catholic religion.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497937 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you be fair in the attitude that molestation occurred and probably still occurs in all places of worship in all religions.
It's not fair to focus on the Catholics and ignore the others.
June says..........I suggest you be fair in the attitude that molestation occurred and probably still occurs in all places of worship in all religions.

Michael says.....Doesn't that make it crystal clear that Organized religions preach morality and justice for all, but they don't practice it themselves?

..... Anyone from any faith who knows their pastors or clergy have lied and deceived them to protect their church and not victims of crime, should be vocal to the church leaders who do this..........but we have SILENCE or finger pointing at other religious beliefs but not their own!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#497938 Dec 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And BTW we exist to Love Him ..npt vice versa ..But it is our choice whether or not ..we do .
Well, it's our choice to do so or else live eternity in a burning, fiery pit.

Not much of a choice, eh?

But, personally, I'll take the pit.

Loving him seems too gay to me.

What's an eternity in hell compared to having to cart around a manbag in cowtown?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497939 Dec 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
June says..........I suggest you be fair in the attitude that molestation occurred and probably still occurs in all places of worship in all religions.
Michael says.....Doesn't that make it crystal clear that Organized religions preach morality and justice for all, but they don't practice it themselves?
..... Anyone from any faith who knows their pastors or clergy have lied and deceived them to protect their church and not victims of crime, should be vocal to the church leaders who do this..........but we have SILENCE or finger pointing at other religious beliefs but not their own!
Yes and that is WHY I believe you should include ALL religions as being responsible for covering up molestation in their places of worship.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#497940 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As Franklin Graham preaches not to cast stones, he uses words from his buy-bull to in turn preach that hell exists for those that "god" rejects.
F graham , to me, is momma called and daddy sent, Not God Called. billy g has placed him in control of their fortune and their empire.\\that doesn't mean that he belongs to the Lord, so I place no value in anything that either of them say.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497941 Dec 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's our choice to do so or else live eternity in a burning, fiery pit.
But the problem with ALL religions that have hells in their dogmas, is that the preachers such as you always believe YOU will avoid hell and others will not be ABLE to avoid hell.

If you don't see that ... you are blind by choice.

Your continual stance IS ... "I am HOLY ... YOU on the other hand are EVIL."

What a pile of steaming manure.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497942 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
FEAR is their motivation for believing. The more FEAR that is talked about the more they file into church and believe.

I can't believe a God would keep score of every action we make or count every sparrow that dies.

Someone dedicates their entire life helping others, never abuses alcohol, or never did drugs, commits one sin that he forgets to repent for and spends eternity in a bowl of fire, yet another person rapes and murders people, commits crimes his entire life hurting others along the way, REPENTS for all his previous actions and finds himself in the puffy clouds with God for eternity.

.......makes no common sense.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497943 Dec 7, 2013
People in their places of worship are taught by their theologians that holiness flows FROM their places of worship.

It makes it very difficult for the followers then to admit that "sin" is thriving in their own midst.

How can they then believe that religion is beneficial???

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#497945 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
....preachers such as you....
Insanity much?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#497946 Dec 7, 2013
When a judge such as Judge Mathis admits that there are as many crooks in churches as there are in bars ... and he still continues to support the Christian religion ... it seems to me that the judge also turns a blind eye to the idea that religion does not build character one way or the other.

I suggest that many people frequent churches hoping that Jesus will instantly wipe away each and every blemish from their supposed souls.

Fool's PLAY!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497947 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and that is WHY I believe you should include ALL religions as being responsible for covering up molestation in their places of worship.
Because this forum topic is about catholicism most of the comments slant that way.

If you look at the top right hand side of this forum page you will see "ROMAN CATHOLIC NEWS" The top 5 categories today describes catholic clergy doing wrong.

I am sure on protestant forums issues pertaining to them are more prevalent.

One cannot pick up a national news paper today or watch world news without stories about another catholic clergy doing wrong. I believe one reason catholics get more press about these stories is because they get very defensive every time these stories hit the news and that in itself makes more news. The protestants stories are just not there in great numbers.

We have to remember there are 151 Million protestants in america and only 68 million catholics.........you would think the stories would be slanted more to protestants, but they are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web