Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,013)

Showing posts 480,241 - 480,260 of530,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam " <quoted text>
That's a cop out. The Holy Spirit wouldn't reveal so many different takes on the Books. But..... you all truly believe yours is it, so there.
Personally, I don't think any of you truly believe that. However, I do believe you think your hands are washed because you think your exempt because you see the scriptures a certain way. Hence the chaos among the thousands protesters. Are you paying attention to this forum at all? Only one of you can be the truth bearer.
----------
You didn't get it, did you? The Truth-bearer is the Holy Spirit...
not a mortal being.
Did you notice that 'Working For The Lord' says that his church is the only church...just like yours does? Neither of you is right.
The church I belong to used to say that, till they began to notice Christians in other churches. I grew up in a Methodist church; they sang a chorus all the time that says, "I'm a Methodist, Methodist, Methodist, Methodist; Methodist TILL I DIE."
I had a Jehovah's Witness tell me that this summer. She said, "I will be J.W. TILL I DIE."
I pray that I will be a genuine Christian FOREVER. I can do that in ANY church. You see, I love the Lord, not a denominational group.
KayMarie
Again...AMEN
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

who="Liam " <quoted text>
That's a cop out. The Holy Spirit wouldn't reveal so many different takes on the Books. But..... you all truly believe yours is it, so there.
Personally, I don't think any of you truly believe that. However, I do believe you think your hands are washed because you think your exempt because you see the scriptures a certain way. Hence the chaos among the thousands protesters. Are you paying attention to this forum at all? Only one of you can be the truth bearer.
----------
You didn't get it, did you? The Truth-bearer is the Holy Spirit...
not a mortal being.
Did you notice that 'Working For The Lord' says that his church is the only church...just like yours does? Neither of you is right.
The church I belong to used to say that, till they began to notice Christians in other churches. I grew up in a Methodist church; they sang a chorus all the time that says, "I'm a Methodist, Methodist, Methodist, Methodist; Methodist TILL I DIE."
I had a Jehovah's Witness tell me that this summer. She said, "I will be J.W. TILL I DIE."
I pray that I will be a genuine Christian FOREVER. I can do that in ANY church. You see, I love the Lord, not a denominational group.
KayMarie
Kay, amen to that. Catholics don't deny you a relationship with Jesus Christ just because you ain't Catholic. And even JW's - as messed up as they are- seem to encounter God. I don't know how that's possible either.
I think God finds away to meet everyone where they are at. Sola scripture has sent thousands in a different direction than He wills. But what do you do?
And no, it doesn't bother me that working for the Lord or anyone else says they are in the true Church. What kinda moron would remain in a Church if the weren't convinced it was the truth?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship a cracker and true Christians worship Jesus Christ. Sadly, you believe Jesus is a cracker. Go figure.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well your a poopy face.
lol
Eh don't blame us on the Eucharist. The Lord held up the bread and said "This is my Body". Everyone who heard the Gospel orally seems to agree with Him and us. Do you want to see what they wrote about it?
Cly said, "The Lord held up the bread and said "This is my Body"." End quote.

Look at your own words. The Lord "held up the bread" and said, "This is my body". By the way the word body is not capitalized as you have taken liberty.

Now that being said Jesus also said, " “I am the gate; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” John 10:9

Maybe all this time the Roman Catholics have been eating wood instead of bread. Jesus did say he was a Gate. Is that possible Cly? Or perhaps the literal gate was not really literal. What do you think Cly? Is Jesus Christ a "literal" gate?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay, amen to that. Catholics don't deny you a relationship with Jesus Christ just because you ain't Catholic. And even JW's - as messed up as they are- seem to encounter God. I don't know how that's possible either.
I think God finds away to meet everyone where they are at. Sola scripture has sent thousands in a different direction than He wills. But what do you do?
And no, it doesn't bother me that working for the Lord or anyone else says they are in the true Church. What kinda moron would remain in a Church if the weren't convinced it was the truth?
Cly said, quote, "Kay, amen to that. Catholics don't deny you a relationship with Jesus Christ just because you ain't Catholic. And even JW's - as messed up as they are- seem to encounter God. I don't know how that's possible either." End quote.

Roman Catholics don't deny a relationship with Jesus Chirst, THEY EAT HIM. What kind of a relationship eats the other person? How stupid are the Romans? Dumb as a door knob! End of story.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't tell people they have to belong to their CHURCH..You were
Kidding again
True.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Eh don't blame us on the Eucharist. The Lord held up the bread and said "This is my Body". Everyone who heard the Gospel orally seems to agree with Him and us. Do you want to see what they wrote about it?
A ROMAN MIRACLE

A pretty maid, a Protestant, was to a Roman Catholic wed. To love all Bible truths and tales, quite early she'd been bred. It sorely grieved her husband's heart that she would not comply, and join the Mother Church of Rome and heretics deny.

So day by day he flattered her, but still she saw no good would ever come from bowing down to idols made of wood. The mass and the host were made but to deceive, and transubstantiation, too, she'd never ever believe.

He went to see his priest and told him his sad tale. "My wife is an unbeliever, sir; you can perhaps prevail. For all your Roman miracles my wife has strong aversion. To really work a miracle may lead to her conversion."

The priest went with the gentleman, he thought to gain a prize. He said, "I will convert her, sir, and open both her eyes." So when they came into the house, the husband loudly cried, The priest has come to dine with us!" “He's welcome," she replied.

And when, at last. the meal was over, the priest at once began, to teach his hostess all about the sinful state of man. The greatness of our Savior's love, which Christians can't deny. To give Himself a sacrifice and for our sins to die.

"I will return tomorrow lass prepare some bread and wine. The sacramental miracle will stop your soul's decline." "I'll bake the bread," the lady said.“You may," he did reply, "And when you've seen this miracle, convinced you'll be say I."

The priest did come accordingly, the bread and wine did bless. The lady asked,“Sir, is it changed?" The priest then answered, "Yes. It's changed from common bread and wine to truly flesh and blood. Begorra, lass, this power of mine has changed it into God!"

So having blessed the bread and wine to eat they did prepare. The lady said unto the priest "I warn you to take care. For half an ounce of arsenic was mixed right in the batter, but since you have its nature changed it really should not matter."

The priest was struck real dumb and looked as pale as death. The bread and wine fell from his hands and he began to gasp for breath. "Bring me my horse!" the priest cried out, "This is a cursed home!" The lady replied,“Begone you fake and take this curse of Rome."

The husband, too, he sat surprised, and not a word did say. At length he spoke, "My dear," said he, "the priest has run away. To gulp such mummery and tripe, I'm not for sure quite able, I'll go with you and we will renounce this Roman Catholic fable."

– Author unknown
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship a cracker and true Christians worship Jesus Christ. Sadly, you believe Jesus is a cracker. Go figure.
<quoted text>
Cly said, "The Lord held up the bread and said "This is my Body"." End quote.
Look at your own words. The Lord "held up the bread" and said, "This is my body". By the way the word body is not capitalized as you have taken liberty.
Now that being said Jesus also said, " “I am the gate; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” John 10:9
Maybe all this time the Roman Catholics have been eating wood instead of bread. Jesus did say he was a Gate. Is that possible Cly? Or perhaps the literal gate was not really literal. What do you think Cly? Is Jesus Christ a "literal" gate?
Its not just Roman Catholics who believe. Its all of Christendom prior to the bible worshipers showing up.
And that's typical of you guys to use one verse to undo another. As far as I know, early Christianity didn't teach that Jesus was aphysical gate. But they DID teach He was present in the Eucharist.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not just Roman Catholics who believe. Its all of Christendom prior to the bible worshipers showing up.
And that's typical of you guys to use one verse to undo another. As far as I know, early Christianity didn't teach that Jesus was aphysical gate. But they DID teach He was present in the Eucharist.
Little known fact: Early Christianity taught Jesus loved Chinese takeout.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Christian theology fights.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Anyone in a religion that preaches at you that you are going to go to hell ... WANTS to hurt your feelings, so that you will in turn take his/her threat seriously and join his/her religion.
Make NO mistake about their intentions.
EVERY theologian through history in EVERY religion used the same tactics.
Incorrect.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
We may never know how many humans were burned to death by the orders of theologians ... but I suggest that the count is very high and that the practice started long before Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book …“The Golden Bough” by James Frazer
The Burning of Men and Animals in the Fires.
It is significant, therefore, that human sacrifices by fire are known, on unquestionable evidence, to have been systematically practiced by the Celts. The earliest description of sacrifices has been bequeathed to us by Julius Caesar. As conqueror of the hitherto independent Celts of Gaul, Caesar had ample opportunity of observing the national Celtic religion and manners, while these were still fresh and crisp from the native mint and had not yet been fused in the melting-pot of Roman civilization.
Humans don't need religion to be inhuman, goofy.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
A ROMAN MIRACLE

SNIPPED for idiocy

To gulp such mummery and tripe, I'm not for sure quite able, I'll go with you and we will renounce this Roman Catholic fable."

– Author unknown
Roman miracle?? A student of the Apostle John from ANTIOCH not Rome, wrote this:
"take note to those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us; they refrain from Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ who hath come to us. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the father in His goodness, raised up again. THEY WHO DENY THIS GIFT ARE PERISHING IN THEIR DISPUTES"
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_ANTIOCH

Are you so arrogant that you believe Ignatius got the word of God messed up when he ate, walked and slept beside the Apostles??

You have a new and strange doctrine, old gee. Realize it and get over it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
THE MIRACLE OF TRANSUBSTANTIATION... IS NOT THE BREAD AND WINE

THE WONDER IS ... A CORRUPTIBLE PRIEST, CAN CREATE THE DIVINE.

ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT...COULD SIR JESUS... IN VIRGIN PURE,

NOW JESUS IS RECREATED BY SINNERS UNSECURED..

ONE STANDS AMAZED AT SUCH BOLDNESS AND PRESUMPTUOUS PARITY

THAT ANY ONE WOULD ASSUME HE'S GOD... IS VAIN PROFANITY
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman miracle?? A student of the Apostle John from ANTIOCH not Rome, wrote this:
"take note to those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us; they refrain from Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ who hath come to us. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the father in His goodness, raised up again. THEY WHO DENY THIS GIFT ARE PERISHING IN THEIR DISPUTES"
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_ANTIOCH
Are you so arrogant that you believe Ignatius got the word of God messed up when he ate, walked and slept beside the Apostles??
You have a new and strange doctrine, old gee. Realize it and get over it.
Ignatius did no such thing, goofy.
Catholic Girl

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no venom against Catholics, as you would like to imply.
I am simply trying to encourage people to see the lies in ALL religion, so that if they one day want to leave ... they will be free of ALL theological nonsense.
Than what will we believe? The evening news channel?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you saying that as,not all of you think that way ..as,as posed previously
I belueve when He chooses,He calls,here and how is HIS,CALL..
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

in holy scripture say
-don't used God name in vain

i fill very tired
i go late sleep..its look as empty life
nooo
i am alright
i fill over my neck arm simple they feed my energy..

she come last night
just before i go sleep
who
very elegant lady
its look like that
black dress very modern
very tight uz tijelo=with long black hair
YEE SHE HAVE LONG BLACK BUT STRONG HAIR I SEE VERY STRONG HAIR AS YOU SEE TAIL IN HORSE
SEE BUT NOT TYAIL
ITS GOING LONG STRAIGHT HAIR OVER DEEP DOWN VERY HEALTHY HAIR..
I SEE HALF HER FACE..SHE IS NOT ALIVE ANY MORE..NO
I SEE DEATH OVER HER FACE I DON'T CONCETRATED ..NOT TO MUCH NO
WHAT I SEE
SHE GOING UPSTAIRS
yee its not vilage its not poor place
but must be emty place
i see how she walk up up i see bushek its green tree around styair its outside..i see she walk up
i see emotion what she liked show
yee i see her dress start rip off from back side yee i see her undewear yee very modern but its not ordinary lady as ordinary have underqwear..must be she working in office or so mething deference..
no i don't see over her gold or silver no..i see that she liked say
she is been killed where
outside where upstairs with green tree exist
yee its city

i been very tired except..i except to much in my life
yee
i stop thinking
i go sleep last night
when i see photo of many i see movment of others people

yee
many graveyards exist..
why they kill her..
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Than what will we believe? The evening news channel?
Whadda hoot.

June claiming she has "no venom against Catholics" is like a Porta-Potty claiming it has no stench.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

<quoted text>
THE MIRACLE OF TRANSUBSTANTIATION... IS NOT THE BREAD AND WINE
THE WONDER IS ... A CORRUPTIBLE PRIEST, CAN CREATE THE DIVINE.
ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT...COULD SIR JESUS... IN VIRGIN PURE,
NOW JESUS IS RECREATED BY SINNERS UNSECURED..
ONE STANDS AMAZED AT SUCH BOLDNESS AND PRESUMPTUOUS PARITY
THAT ANY ONE WOULD ASSUME HE'S GOD... IS VAIN PROFANITY
Whether or not the Priest is corrupt doesn't matter. Obviously you'd hope he is a pius man, but it doesn't affect the validity of the Sacrament. The Priest himself doesn't change the bread, Jesus does. He does this thru the sacramental Priesthood. And on one level or another, every Priest is a sinner, so Jesus has no choice but to use sinners to administer the Eucharist anyway.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
when was His Body broken? can you tell us that?

since it WASNT, then His Words must be Spiritual, not a literal translation as you catholics have been lied to.

this is so simple that any person with any intelligence should be able to see that.

John 19:36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 480,241 - 480,260 of530,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••