Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,010)

Showing posts 480,181 - 480,200 of532,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Eucharist is the true Presence of Christ . Only through the Eucharist and only through the Holy Catholic Church, the Church Christ founded and will not let her be destroyed.
LOL..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

The disgruntled ex-Jews came up with a devious plan that they labeled as DIVINE. A savior came to earth as a Jew ... saw the light that Judaism was based on a lie ... and in his wisdom became a leader of the Catholic religion.

Then the disgruntled ex-Catholic Martin Luther came up with yet another plan that HE claimed was DIVINE ... and in HIS wisdom lead the already brow-beaten Jew (Jesus) by the scruff of his invisible neck into Martin's new religion.

And the followers continued to kill each other over who owned TRUTH.

Stupid ... stupid ... humans.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Eucharist is the true Presence of Christ
You only use the word "Christ" to make your dogmas seem more REAL to you.

You are fully aware that a Jew would NOT have anything in common with a Catholic Eucharist.

However ... you have been so heavily indoctrinated for such a long time ... an awakening won't BE possible unless you choose to WANT to see how Catholic theologians PLAYED their finally-tuned fiddles with your mind.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Note how sometimes the indoctrinated Christians use the word Jesus, and other times use the word Christ.

The word Jesus has images of Judaism in minds ... no matter how much the Christians try to move "mountains" on to either Catholicism or Protestantism.

YOU all KNOW that within the theology, Jesus started his journey on earth as a Jew ... and that means that something is badly wrong with Christian teaching. No Jew becomes a Christian by CHOICE.

YOU KNOW you are sitting on heaps of LIES. YOU KNOW you can't fool your selves forever.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Buddhists faithful to Buddhism, do not leave Buddhism.

Hindus faithful to Hinduism, do not leave Hinduism.

Muslims faithful to Islam, do not leave Islam.

Yet Christians want me to believe that Jesus left Judaism to preach varying forms of Christianity as being based on the only truth in the universe.

It ain't gonna happen.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> My friend don't believe what man tells you, because not all people know the real truth as you have shown. The Church of Christ was established in the year 33 AD, and is the only church that worships according to the bible, this shows that the Church of Christ is not a denomination and we are autonomous and the church of the bible, which means you need to be a member of the Church of Christ to be saved. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and get baptized so you can have a home in heaven. Acts 2 37-38 3,000 souls were added by God to the church that Jesus built, Matthew 16;18.
Hogwash!!!! Why did not Christ refer to the Church of Christ in Rev??? Did He forget it existed??? No one told Him it existed???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

You Christians will order up the scriptures from the new testament that assures (in your mental images of self) that YOU are saved.

But you won't even entertain the idea that the story of Jesus is bunk, as Jesus (had he lived) would also have been anti-Semitic when he turned away from Judaism and vilified the religion of his childhood and adulthood as EVIL.

None of you are honest enough with your selves or others to discuss that issue.

NOT ONE OF YOU!!!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Christmas is based on the concept that Jesus loves ONLY Christians.
Wrong again, as usual, June!...... Interesting how you persistently "come up" with ridiculous assumptions such as this and distorting of the TRUTH of what Christmas, Christianity and Catholic Church "actually" believes and teaches. It is NO WONDER that you have a vidictive, hostile, and beliegerent attitude toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF, the faith of other Christians and the Catholic Church!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!! Why did not Christ refer to the Church of Christ in Rev??? Did He forget it existed??? No one told Him it existed???
But you won't even entertain the idea that the story of Jesus is bunk, as Jesus (had he lived) would also have been anti-Semitic when he turned away from Judaism and vilified the religion of his childhood and adulthood as EVIL.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's really funny....LOL

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

For a long while I studied the bible ... but because I never fell for the LINE of priests or Protestant preachers that I was special, nothing in the bible ever FIT for me. And for THAT, I am VERY thankful, as it made it much easier for me to walk away from religion.

Observe the Catholics and Protestants on this forum fighting over who a Jew will save and who he will reject.

Craziness!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

who="Liam " <quoted text>
If sola scripture was the will of the Lord, there would be no dispute. The Apostle would have given us a list. You see, you first need an outside authority to declare the Books Biblical. In fact, that's what happened and that's why we have a Bible.

----------
We DO have an 'outside' authority: The Holy Ghost.
If thousands of people/denominations try to twist the Truth, that doesn't make the truth wrong.

Sure, some people say crazy things about the Bible...but they also say crazy things about government, morals, and anything else that gets 'their' attention.

It mostly amounts to who is teaching them. I prefer the Holy Spirit to any 'teacher' in the world. He is the only infallible teacher anywhere.

Jesus said that HE will guide you in ALL TRUTH.

The Bible REMAINS...

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe my nature IS sinful. I believe that I am whole and worthy just as I am.
If you stop using your nasty scriptures to point outward, and point them at your self ... you will see how silly you have been all along, and that might be the awakening that will take you OUT of religion.
"point them at your self?"

:o)

Why do you dispute teh Self, when you use it to make your point?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Working for the lord,
I didn't mean "Nobody" thought Revelation was inspired scripture. Many did. But there were only 26 Books of the NT used for Mass until 419 AD when the Church added it to the official canon. The NT development was for the purpose of reading during Mass. That's what Catholics mean when we say the Christian Bible spawned out of Sacred tradition. Christianity centered around the Mass and Eucharist not a particular list of scriptures. You can't say "the Bible came first, then people read it and formed a Church around the Books". That wouldn't make sense. The Bible is a collection of Books that developed within the already established Church.
Please define the "Church".
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam " <quoted text>
If sola scripture was the will of the Lord, there would be no dispute. The Apostle would have given us a list. You see, you first need an outside authority to declare the Books Biblical. In fact, that's what happened and that's why we have a Bible.
----------
We DO have an 'outside' authority: The Holy Ghost.
That's a cop out. The Holy Spirit wouldn't reveal so many different takes on the Books. But..... you all truly believe yours is it, so there.
Personally, I don't think any of you truly believe that. However, I do believe you think your hands are washed because you think your exempt because you see the scriptures a certain way. Hence the chaos among the thousands protesters. Are you paying attention to this forum at all? Only one of you can be the truth bearer.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

<quoted text>
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO DO THE SAME THING THAT THE MUSLIMS
ARE DOING...
THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO STEAL THE PHYSICAL INHERITANCE OF ISRAEL
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPT THEFT OF ISRAELS SPIRITUAL HERITAGE..
AND CLAIM FOR YOU OWN THE HERITAGE OF ALL CHRISTIANS
BY FORGERY OF THE COVENANT/WILL OF JESUS CHRIST THE TESTATOER WHO HAS SIGNED IT WITH HIS BLOOD SAID IT IS FINISHED AND SEALED IT WITH HIS LIFE..
BUT FORGET THAT JESUS ROSE AGAIN..AND
IS THE LIVING EXECUTOR OF HIS WILL
AND HE KNOW WHAT IS WRITTEN IN IT...
YOU ..IN YOUR ABJECT IGNORANCE THINK YOU CAN GET BY WITH IT...
It is "your own" bible only (ignorance) that is your forte ---and you Confrinting "have a monopoly" over all of it....For over 35 years, I listened to bible only "condemning and judgmental (half-truth, half-heresy) Protestant preachers" like you, who distorted, perverted and manipulated the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ ---as well as----the TRUE Interpretation of Bible!......... Matthew 5:5 "You hypocrite!!Cast out the beam in your own eye so you shall see clearly before you condemn the mote in your brothers eye!""

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder if Jesus' "birthdate" should be considered as when he was a Jew faithful to Judaism, or when he became a Catholic faithful to Catholicism???
Dates of myths are VERY important to observe ... you KNOW!!!
tongue in cheek
"based on the scriptural evidence, a case can apparently be made that Jesus Christ was born on the 15th day of the month of Tishri, on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, which corresponds to the September - October timeframe of our present calendar!"
http://biblelight.net/sukkoth.htm

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Eucharist is the true Presence of Christ .

No it isn't. It is a manufactured wafer that is only blessed by a priest to make the followers think that there is a "presence" there.

Its only in your mind that Jesus is present.

Honesty will dictate that you are lying.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Only through the Eucharist and only through the Holy Catholic Church, the Church Christ founded and will not let her be destroyed.
I disagree.

Citation please - to the affect that you can provide evidence to support your claim.

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Church of the Nativity Repairs Under Way (1579)
After decades of squabbling, the Bethlehem church’s leaky roofs and windows are finally being fixed.

by MICHELE CHABIN 12/03/2013

Lewis Larsson/Wikimedia Commons
Christmas services in 2009 at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.
– Lewis Larsson/Wikimedia Commons
BETHLEHEM — The Church of the Nativity’s leaky roof and windows are finally being repaired, thanks to a rare act of cooperation between the three major churches that share and maintain the church, built atop the traditional place of Jesus’ birth.
In August, officials of the Palestinian Authority and Latin Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Apostolic Armenian Churches signed an agreement authorizing an Italian restoration company to fix the church, whose basilica was built by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian about 600 A.D.
The original Church of the Nativity, built in 330 A.D. by the Roman Emperor Constantine, was mostly destroyed 200 years later. The existing church was built on the same site.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/church-o...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

I prefer the Holy Spirit to any 'teacher' in the world. He is the only infallible teacher anywhere.
KayMarie
More unfounded claims KM?

Let's see where your rabbit hole takes you this time....

"I prefer the Holy Spirit to any 'teacher' in the world."
- Honest dictates that the Holy Spirit has never been seen by modern men or women, yet you claim it teaches you.

Why do you have to lie?

"He is the only infallible teacher anywhere."
- case in point - since you never have been a student of the HS, your claim is bullshite and false.

Do you lie, to make yourself feel more special?

Since you seem to not be honest, is it because you married a false teacher, and this is the only way you can keep him happy?

It is quite saddening to see old people continue with a lie, knowing they will die holding onto this lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 480,181 - 480,200 of532,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••