Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
480,161 - 480,180 of 533,528 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I know my destiny is with God in heaven
:)

THAT is "simply" you, dictating to your own brain.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

satanic criminals
even today
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll
shut up
i am sick of you all
o yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

in this city nothing exist=future

who going do that

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Symbolism is a slippery subject. Symbols now associated with orthodox religions originally evolved from very different contexts in the prepatriarchal past, like the crescent moon of intensely male-oriented Islam, which descended from the female-oriented worship of the Moon Mother in archaic Arabia.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

My guess is ... "within the theology" ... Jesus was the only Jew on earth that preached other than Judaism. And he did that on ORDERS from ex-Jew Catholics.

Soon after he rose from the dead, his spirit was "caught" on invisible cameras, working in Catholic confessionals.

While the Catholics were busy torturing and murdering the Jews, Jesus was busy forgiving Catholics of their "sins."

Of course it WASN'T a sin to torture or kill the vile Jews that supposedly killed Jesus ... so Jesus never was asked by a Catholic to be forgiven for that ACT. Sarcasm intended.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church is the only place to receive Christ. You were taught this. You haven't received Christ in a long time. Come back to your Church, the one true Church. The Church Christ founded and will always protect.
Another religion salesman.

Let people decide for themselves what they want to believe or not. You sound just like the Jahova Witness that came to my door last week.

Leave people alone and let them decide themselves without being prompted, or making them feel guilty.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

In Islam, it is taught that Mohammad was a divine prophet whose teachings will lead the blessed ones to Paradise.

They also indicate that the one god created by the Jews (originally for Jewish use ONLY)... now loves only Muslims.

Just as the theologians taught and teach that Jesus took Judaism off into Christianity ... the Muslims taught and teach that Muhammad took Judaism off into Islam.

You'll see the lies ... but only when you are ready to give up the idea that YOU are special to the god of your own mental creation.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

no god is not against woman

never sit in first chair
you going be good
is that chair for god

how you know what is my brain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

The new testament was compiled by disgruntled ex-Jews.

Think about it!

What will get from reading a book written by disgruntled ex-Jews ... except anti-Semitism???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

The Jews that wrote the one-god-dogma were also disgruntled Jews against polytheism ... which was the earlier doctrine of the Jews.

If you study history you will see that each new theologian had a new STRAIN of egoism in his mind.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Note in the following that he is a "convert" to Islam ... which I suggest means that his words will not be taken seriously by devout Muslims.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

M&Uuml;NSTER, Germany -- Muhammad Sven Kalisch, a Muslim convert and Germany's first professor of Islamic theology, fasts during the Muslim holy month, doesn't like to shake hands with Muslim women and has spent years studying Islamic scripture. Islam, he says, guides his life.

So it came as something of a surprise when Prof. Kalisch announced the fruit of his theological research. His conclusion: The Prophet Muhammad probably never existed.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1226699...
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church is the only place to receive Christ. You were taught this. You haven't received Christ in a long time. Come back to your Church, the one true Church. The Church Christ founded and will always protect.
Romans 8:9
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you.(And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I know my destiny is with God in heaven, and I truly wish you would be there also, and you can if you will just go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and some day I'll have the pleasure to say, hi brother.
~~~

Sorry but the Bible does not say that one has to go to any Church or denomination to be born again..

location of the body does not matter...neither does the position.....

Salvation comes through the position of the Heart..

~~~
The Philippian Jailor was saved in a jail wrecked by an earth quake

Act 16:28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

___

CONTINUED

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Sorry but the Bible
You try to make it seem as though YOUR reference to scripture is "PRESTIGIOUS."

How revealing ... when the whole new testament is based on anti-Semitic slurs against the Jews ... and you refuse to even make ONE comment on THAT issue.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
sinful nature.
I don't believe my nature IS sinful. I believe that I am whole and worthy just as I am.

If you stop using your nasty scriptures to point outward, and point them at your self ... you will see how silly you have been all along, and that might be the awakening that will take you OUT of religion.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree with you if the Bible was all that the Lord left us with. There are too many problems with your theory that He did. For starters: The Bible isn't one Book, its a collection of Books. Jesus and His Apostles never gave anyone a list of Books, so how could sola scripture be taken seriously? I don't know if not knows this, but the Book of Revelation was the last Book to be included, and it wasn't because people thought it the last one written. Its because nobody thought it wasn't inspired scripture. It took a series of councils to decide on canon of scripture. Luther didn't even think Revelation was scripture.
If sola scripture was the will of the Lord, there would be no dispute. The Apostle would have given us a list. You see, you first need an outside authority to declare the Books Biblical. In fact, that's what happened and that's why we have a Bible.
Working for the lord,

I didn't mean "Nobody" thought Revelation was inspired scripture. Many did. But there were only 26 Books of the NT used for Mass until 419 AD when the Church added it to the official canon. The NT development was for the purpose of reading during Mass. That's what Catholics mean when we say the Christian Bible spawned out of Sacred tradition. Christianity centered around the Mass and Eucharist not a particular list of scriptures. You can't say "the Bible came first, then people read it and formed a Church around the Books". That wouldn't make sense. The Bible is a collection of Books that developed within the already established Church.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Sorry but the Bible does not say that one has to go to any Church or denomination to be born again..
States the follower of the anti-Semitic AND anti-Catholic Protestant Martin Luther.

You are SUCH a liar!!!

Martin Luther believed that he was born-again when he started his new religion.

He washed his self clean of Judaism AND Catholicism.

Religion is based on one steaming pile of manure after another.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

I wonder if Jesus' "birthdate" should be considered as when he was a Jew faithful to Judaism, or when he became a Catholic faithful to Catholicism???

Dates of myths are VERY important to observe ... you KNOW!!!

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

If Christians believed that Jesus had been faithful to Judaism ... they would not BE celebrating his birth ... OR bemoaning his death, as he would be perceived by the Christians as just another vile and despicable Jew.

And from my perception ... THAT is the bare-faced TRUTH!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 8:9
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you.(And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)
The Eucharist is the true Presence of Christ . Only through the Eucharist and only through the Holy Catholic Church, the Church Christ founded and will not let her be destroyed.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
Now that's really funny....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Cultastic 8,196
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 12 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 16 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 22 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••