Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,329
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#497531 Dec 5, 2013
no god is not against woman

never sit in first chair
you going be good
is that chair for god

how you know what is my brain

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497532 Dec 5, 2013
The new testament was compiled by disgruntled ex-Jews.

Think about it!

What will get from reading a book written by disgruntled ex-Jews ... except anti-Semitism???

Prince George, Canada

#497533 Dec 5, 2013
The Jews that wrote the one-god-dogma were also disgruntled Jews against polytheism ... which was the earlier doctrine of the Jews.

If you study history you will see that each new theologian had a new STRAIN of egoism in his mind.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...

Prince George, Canada

#497534 Dec 5, 2013
Note in the following that he is a "convert" to Islam ... which I suggest means that his words will not be taken seriously by devout Muslims.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

MÜNSTER, Germany -- Muhammad Sven Kalisch, a Muslim convert and Germany's first professor of Islamic theology, fasts during the Muslim holy month, doesn't like to shake hands with Muslim women and has spent years studying Islamic scripture. Islam, he says, guides his life.

So it came as something of a surprise when Prof. Kalisch announced the fruit of his theological research. His conclusion: The Prophet Muhammad probably never existed.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1226699...
marge

Ames, IA

#497535 Dec 5, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church is the only place to receive Christ. You were taught this. You haven't received Christ in a long time. Come back to your Church, the one true Church. The Church Christ founded and will always protect.
Romans 8:9
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you.(And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#497537 Dec 5, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I know my destiny is with God in heaven, and I truly wish you would be there also, and you can if you will just go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and some day I'll have the pleasure to say, hi brother.
~~~

Sorry but the Bible does not say that one has to go to any Church or denomination to be born again..

location of the body does not matter...neither does the position.....

Salvation comes through the position of the Heart..

~~~
The Philippian Jailor was saved in a jail wrecked by an earth quake

Act 16:28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

___

CONTINUED

Prince George, Canada

#497540 Dec 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Sorry but the Bible
You try to make it seem as though YOUR reference to scripture is "PRESTIGIOUS."

How revealing ... when the whole new testament is based on anti-Semitic slurs against the Jews ... and you refuse to even make ONE comment on THAT issue.

Prince George, Canada

#497541 Dec 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
sinful nature.
I don't believe my nature IS sinful. I believe that I am whole and worthy just as I am.

If you stop using your nasty scriptures to point outward, and point them at your self ... you will see how silly you have been all along, and that might be the awakening that will take you OUT of religion.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#497542 Dec 5, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree with you if the Bible was all that the Lord left us with. There are too many problems with your theory that He did. For starters: The Bible isn't one Book, its a collection of Books. Jesus and His Apostles never gave anyone a list of Books, so how could sola scripture be taken seriously? I don't know if not knows this, but the Book of Revelation was the last Book to be included, and it wasn't because people thought it the last one written. Its because nobody thought it wasn't inspired scripture. It took a series of councils to decide on canon of scripture. Luther didn't even think Revelation was scripture.
If sola scripture was the will of the Lord, there would be no dispute. The Apostle would have given us a list. You see, you first need an outside authority to declare the Books Biblical. In fact, that's what happened and that's why we have a Bible.
Working for the lord,

I didn't mean "Nobody" thought Revelation was inspired scripture. Many did. But there were only 26 Books of the NT used for Mass until 419 AD when the Church added it to the official canon. The NT development was for the purpose of reading during Mass. That's what Catholics mean when we say the Christian Bible spawned out of Sacred tradition. Christianity centered around the Mass and Eucharist not a particular list of scriptures. You can't say "the Bible came first, then people read it and formed a Church around the Books". That wouldn't make sense. The Bible is a collection of Books that developed within the already established Church.

Prince George, Canada

#497543 Dec 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Sorry but the Bible does not say that one has to go to any Church or denomination to be born again..
States the follower of the anti-Semitic AND anti-Catholic Protestant Martin Luther.

You are SUCH a liar!!!

Martin Luther believed that he was born-again when he started his new religion.

He washed his self clean of Judaism AND Catholicism.

Religion is based on one steaming pile of manure after another.

Prince George, Canada

#497545 Dec 5, 2013
I wonder if Jesus' "birthdate" should be considered as when he was a Jew faithful to Judaism, or when he became a Catholic faithful to Catholicism???

Dates of myths are VERY important to observe ... you KNOW!!!

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#497546 Dec 5, 2013
If Christians believed that Jesus had been faithful to Judaism ... they would not BE celebrating his birth ... OR bemoaning his death, as he would be perceived by the Christians as just another vile and despicable Jew.

And from my perception ... THAT is the bare-faced TRUTH!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#497547 Dec 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 8:9
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you.(And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)
The Eucharist is the true Presence of Christ . Only through the Eucharist and only through the Holy Catholic Church, the Church Christ founded and will not let her be destroyed.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497550 Dec 5, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church is the only place to receive Christ. You were taught this. You haven't received Christ in a long time. Come back to your Church, the one true Church. The Church Christ founded and will always protect.
Now that's really funny....LOL

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497551 Dec 5, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Eucharist is the true Presence of Christ . Only through the Eucharist and only through the Holy Catholic Church, the Church Christ founded and will not let her be destroyed.
LOL..

Prince George, Canada

#497552 Dec 5, 2013
The disgruntled ex-Jews came up with a devious plan that they labeled as DIVINE. A savior came to earth as a Jew ... saw the light that Judaism was based on a lie ... and in his wisdom became a leader of the Catholic religion.

Then the disgruntled ex-Catholic Martin Luther came up with yet another plan that HE claimed was DIVINE ... and in HIS wisdom lead the already brow-beaten Jew (Jesus) by the scruff of his invisible neck into Martin's new religion.

And the followers continued to kill each other over who owned TRUTH.

Stupid ... stupid ... humans.

Prince George, Canada

#497553 Dec 5, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Eucharist is the true Presence of Christ
You only use the word "Christ" to make your dogmas seem more REAL to you.

You are fully aware that a Jew would NOT have anything in common with a Catholic Eucharist.

However ... you have been so heavily indoctrinated for such a long time ... an awakening won't BE possible unless you choose to WANT to see how Catholic theologians PLAYED their finally-tuned fiddles with your mind.

Prince George, Canada

#497554 Dec 5, 2013
Note how sometimes the indoctrinated Christians use the word Jesus, and other times use the word Christ.

The word Jesus has images of Judaism in minds ... no matter how much the Christians try to move "mountains" on to either Catholicism or Protestantism.

YOU all KNOW that within the theology, Jesus started his journey on earth as a Jew ... and that means that something is badly wrong with Christian teaching. No Jew becomes a Christian by CHOICE.

YOU KNOW you are sitting on heaps of LIES. YOU KNOW you can't fool your selves forever.

Prince George, Canada

#497555 Dec 5, 2013
Buddhists faithful to Buddhism, do not leave Buddhism.

Hindus faithful to Hinduism, do not leave Hinduism.

Muslims faithful to Islam, do not leave Islam.

Yet Christians want me to believe that Jesus left Judaism to preach varying forms of Christianity as being based on the only truth in the universe.

It ain't gonna happen.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#497556 Dec 5, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> My friend don't believe what man tells you, because not all people know the real truth as you have shown. The Church of Christ was established in the year 33 AD, and is the only church that worships according to the bible, this shows that the Church of Christ is not a denomination and we are autonomous and the church of the bible, which means you need to be a member of the Church of Christ to be saved. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and get baptized so you can have a home in heaven. Acts 2 37-38 3,000 souls were added by God to the church that Jesus built, Matthew 16;18.
Hogwash!!!! Why did not Christ refer to the Church of Christ in Rev??? Did He forget it existed??? No one told Him it existed???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 51 min Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 18 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 20 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web