Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
480,141 - 480,160 of 536,750 Comments Last updated 26 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

priko mrtvih konja hocesh ploce
jelto
e necesh
https://www.google.com/search...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I do not say that I alone suffer, and others do not.
To cry in pain may be a useful indicator concerning suffering, although I don't think it an absolute marker for suffering.
I do think animals have a sense of self-preservation, but that may be hard to equate with a sense of self-death.
It may be that we as a society are growing more insensitive to the death of animals en masse, due to our consumption, while in older times, when most individuals participated in the killing of animals for consumption, may have been more sensitive....
It is hard for me to think a person, say in the poultry "industry", killing thousands of chickens a day, does not come out of the experience with some kind of psychological impact on them, and those about them....
It is not a "nice" topic, but one we should all be thinking about....
For you to even insinuate that non-human animals don't suffer ... bespeaks of your ignorance.

Fear of pain is what keeps the animals alert and in turn able to reproduce, and in turn cause more suffering to THEIR young.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

see voh

who

be good

dfon't send your fraud false accusation

i am not respect anymore any fraud law
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

your lips
bishop chair not going help you
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

pijesh i bevandu
jelto oni is pensenior flats as monkey buisness
iiiiiii
jelto neki iz dije indie

better be good
ghost house

night mare

when
many times
did you pray must one died one devorce
evillllllllllllll
peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you not serve jesus
noone of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuu

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not you, too! Will it never end?? No dogma has been changed, June. But why should you be different than any of the other protestants here?
:)
You are so blinded by indoctrination ... you REFUSE to see.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Churching

The custom of churching denied postparturient women admittance into any church for a forty-day period following childbirth, on the theory that giving birth made them spiritually impure. The forty-day period was known as quarantine, meaning “forty.” After this period expired, a woman could be churched with a ritual designed to remove the impurity of her motherhood. Between birth and the churching ceremony, both the woman and her new baby were officially designated non-Christian heathen.(1) Women were encouraged to believe that “grass will hardly ever grow where they tread before they are churched.” It was even said that a woman who died before churching, of childbirth fever or some other birthing trauma, would be refused Christian burial.(2) The same rule applied to an unbaptized infant.
The biblical text that gave rise to this custom actually ordered the forty-day quarantine only for a woman who gave birth to a boy (Leviticus 12). If her baby was a girl, a mother was isolated for a period of eighty days, because the patriarchal priesthood considered girls twice as impure as boys. At the end of this time, the mother had to make a sin offering to the priest, in atonement for her “crime.” In other words, it was sinful to bring forth a child, but only half as sinful to bring forth a male child as to bring forth a female one. Needless to say, such antifemale ideas were greatly enhanced by the church’s doctrine of original sin transmitted to all generations via the flesh of women.
The gentler pagan forerunner of the churching ceremony was conducted by the mother herself, and consisted of a presentation of her child to Mother Earth, usually at a crossroad. A tenth-century Penitential firmly forbade women to perform this ceremony anymore,“for this is great paganism.”(3)

1. Wimberly, 372.
2. Thomas, 39.
3. Hitching, 210.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

be good
in this city nothing exist
i never cry for money
no
i am not that person
n

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If this statement isn't call the kettle black. wow..
I have no venom against Catholics, as you would like to imply.

I am simply trying to encourage people to see the lies in ALL religion, so that if they one day want to leave ... they will be free of ALL theological nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry, as the second commandment I find to be my very favorite of all sayings ever written. You are truly precious whether you agree or not.
Are you now implying that your religion does NOT teach that Atheists will spend eternity in hell???

Until you are honest with your self, you CAN'T BE honest with others.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You know nothing about this man and his work. Just cutting a quote from a web page to pose yourself a certain way is dishonest
I couldn't post his whole book in order to satisfy your whims.

Also I suggest that you don't post anything from the bible, as it was written by the thoughts of MANY men with varying opinions ... all of them being anti-Semitic.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

please be good
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We do at the Church of Christ, because being the church spoken of in the bible and the only church that worships according to the way the bible commands means you must worship where God is worshipped in spirit and in truth, and that would and is the Church of Christ. I urge you friend to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then be baptized so your home will be heaven. I will be happy to explain more in detail why the Church of Christ is the church spoken of in the bible.
Working for the Lord

Peace

Greetings:

I was wondering, in your particular Church of Christ, do you sing a capella, or do you have instruments?

Also, I appreciate your zealousness in commission, but I question your church as the "only" church of Jesus, however, do you support a pre-millennial,(post), or a-millennial, view in your particular church?

Personally, I find it difficult to believe that a theoretical restoration of Jesus Christ's Church took place 1800-1900 years after Jesus. It has the sound of a rather insular group, which tends to pride itself, in a boastfulness, which, to me, Jesus was not doing in his time, or he desired for us to do....What do you THINK?

Peace

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>"God Who loved only the Jews." There is no scholastic foundation at all for that statement.
According to the belief of the Jews that wrote that THEY were the one God's chosen few ... there IS a foundation for that statement.

If you had need for a Christian god, you should have the decency to create one, and leave the god created by the Jews for their OWN USE.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
I understand your logic...that doesn't make it 'truth'...though it is true that many people are convinced that they have 'truth'.
KM

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
There are no particular denominations found in the Bible...
Most certainly NOT Jews ... except for Jesus of course, who had the Jewishness removed from his religion by the Christians.

If there is no denomination in the bible ... why are YOU Protestant?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

lisa o'sulivan
number 4 is been bouth from them real estate

evil court people
terror over my family since i come in city 89'

horrible life and night mare
is that crime
yes it is
whayt evil court cover up
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllll
you hurt my family evil people
shut up
evil people criminals

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

God destroyed him because of his act.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

noone of you going escape
evil people
shut up
i am suiick of all of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

in this city nothing exist=future
criminals

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Liam wrote:
Well I for one am grateful that my being 'saved' isn't dictated by two senior citizens with a Bible in their hand
Your salvation is dictated by YOU!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
GOD HATES HANDS THAT SHED INNOCENT BLOOD...
Hahahahahahahaha
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

89' number 4 corable cres
white cot..stay in in one bedroom before i enter lived there
on back is been white cross in coner
killers
i report to police
evil people ignor
crimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee
death what whhat you try set up for me many times
trap criminals
crimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
over my kids and my family
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllll

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••