Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650177 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#497775 Dec 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> WRONG, The Catholic church is a man made church which came about from some of the members of the true church which is the Church of Christ. These few members enjoyed the attention and praise they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and for this these members decided to please them back by doing things that these Roman officials desired and that's when you have the development of the Catholic church . The Church of Christ which Jesus built Matthew 16;18 and the Church that Jesus said he would build was eventually built in the year 33 AD when the first souls that were saved were added to the church on the day of Pentecost. There is only one true church of the bible and that's the CoC and I urge all to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study, then get baptized and then you would know that your home will be.
Your 20th century church is a spin off of a spin off, of a spin off, of a spin off........etc.

AN UNBROKEN HISTORY

Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.

The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497776 Dec 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I comprehend these very well. It is you who thinks my Self can change another.
That is what you posit, and I am of the opinion, you are incorrect in your supposition.
Then why don't you stop PREACHING about SELF??? It's ridiculous nonsense.

Maybe you could lock your self in a cell with Muslim Imam and see which SELF would come out the winner.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#497777 Dec 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
.......The holy mess in St Paul Minnesota...
So much for ZERO tolerance the roman catholic church so often brags about.
..When you can't trust your parish priests and bishops to be truthful and honest, who do you trust?
... Same old lies, deceit, and coverups by catholic clergy, and all the financial fallout paid for by catholics themselves.........and yet there are still catholics on this forum who continue to stand up for their church leaders.........HELLO!
Todays issues are what is most important, not "he said she said" centuries ago.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Someone should confiscate your hard drive, your obssession is gettin' scary.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497778 Dec 6, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, they should pay..... If it had been a Protestant they would have closed up shop and opened a new church .
Did you add your claim yet?
You are saying that catholics should pay to prevent victims of abuse from allowing their abusers to be exposed for their criminal acts? That is what this $800,000 was about. To suppress evidence from coming to court.
Everytime a priest is charged with sexual abuse, you STAR C help pay for his defense in court.........and you support that? UNBELIEVABLE!
Its obvious you are on the side of the abusers and the wrong side of criminal justice.
Your church boasts about ZERO tolerance. Laughable!
Your church is suppose to be the advocates of justice and morality. Evidentaly they aren't. Very sad

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#497779 Dec 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
32 priests charged in abuse claims in St Paul Minnesota. The arch diocese paid upwards of $800,000 of parishioners money to lobby groups to not change the time limit of exposing clergy criminals.
So, catholics in this arch-diocese supplied the $800,000 that the church used for lobbying against being able to bring criminal clergy to justice.
Its a mess in St Paul with priests and parishioners demanding hard answers from the bishop.
Thankyou to the many victims who came forward.
This is the same scenario that is playing out right across america and around the world.
If you can't trust the messengers, how can you trust their message.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Oh yeah - it really doesn't matter where, but all Catholic parishners support these acts. If they didn't they wouldn't still be attending that church, nor would they give money to the church, if all the church is going to do, is make payouts to continue to keep a cover-up going.

But I regress, since so-called Catholics continue to participate in donating and turning a blind eye.

*sighs*

Prince George, Canada

#497780 Dec 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think a person must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ in order to be saved,
Wacky theology

What if Jesus didn't WANT a personal relationship with a Catholic Jewish-counterfeiter?

You behave as though YOUR will is the ONLY ONE that matters.

“Happy 2016!!”

#497781 Dec 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Should they ALL leave it up to YOU!
After all ... you are a fully qualified PREACHER of nothing
BUT the TRUTH ... RIGHT???
It's the same story told by every arrogant preacher that mentally picks his/her favorite scriptures from every religion on earth.
LOL, no leave up to the Apostles that walked the earth with JESUS.

Never said I was qualified unlike you who seem to know everything about a Church you don't belong to.

None as arrogant as YOU!

:-)

Prince George, Canada

#497782 Dec 6, 2013
Christian

"Jesus HAS to love ME, because I have invested ALL my FAITH in the idea that he exists and that he DOES LOVE ME!!!"

That is a whole lot to take for granted.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497783 Dec 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should confiscate your hard drive, your obssession is gettin' scary.
I will always stand up for victims of crime. You can say what you want, its obvious you don't give a damn, maybe that is why so much has gone on over the years, because of silent voices like yours.

Albuquerque, NM

#497784 Dec 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
You'd think after while that just ONE of these right-fighting PREACHERS would say to SELF ... "I wonder if what I believe just COULD be WRONG???"
But we don't see a sign of such progress on this forum.
Speak for yourself.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#497785 Dec 6, 2013
My Self - cannot lead anyone anywhere, but you think it can? How is that?
<quoted text>
This is correct. So why do you constantly think I am can lead someone into a belief?
<quoted text>
Where did I say that they were "holy"?
My perspective is just that - one person's opinion.
Although my opinion has many plausible statements that could make my opinion fact, it still is just opinion.
Another thing about my opinion and belief, is that it seems to be more truthful than that which Christianity wants to convey. So again, my facts dispute the so-called "Christian" doctrine, thus placing more plausibility with my opinion than of what has been established already.
This is why I am here. Your version again, is an unfounded accusation.
Where did I include the word holy as part of describing Jesus?
NASL

Peace

You believe your cognitive processing of facts is more valid than others who use non-cognitive processing (faith). And this makes your beliefs in truth neither more nor less valid, but merely your perception of belief....

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#497786 Dec 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you stop PREACHING about SELF??? It's ridiculous nonsense.
Maybe you could lock your self in a cell with Muslim Imam and see which SELF would come out the winner.
I guess you still missed it - I don't preach, but teach.

I do all the clarifying that you fail at, when you include the Self in your posts. Just to keep you and others honest.

But I guess that isn't working, because you still are being dishonest towards me, by making up false claims of what I do and believe.

I think it would be best for the both of us, if you just stop posting to me, because it seems all you can do is make up bullshite stories about me that are blatantly incorrect and untrue.

Location hidden

#497787 Dec 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
He took the bread and broke it because that's how share you dummy. What are we supposed do, pass around a gigantic piece of bread until all the bites consume it?
and they ate all of it up. there isn't any of that bread left. and he was speaking Spiritual, why is that so difficult for even an x-con to understand?
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497788 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh yeah - it really doesn't matter where, but all Catholic parishners support these acts. If they didn't they wouldn't still be attending that church, nor would they give money to the church, if all the church is going to do, is make payouts to continue to keep a cover-up going.
But I regress, since so-called Catholics continue to participate in donating and turning a blind eye.
*sighs*

When the topic is brought up, catholics get very defensive instead of becoming part of the solution in solving these terrible problems.

Its way past time catholics demand answers to terrible wrong doings in their church, but they don't! They stay like quiet uniformed church mice, believing their crooked church leaders have all the answers from God and everything will be OK.

Human Being

Sunset, LA

#497789 Dec 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wacky theology
What if Jesus didn't WANT a personal relationship with a Catholic Jewish-counterfeiter?
You behave as though YOUR will is the ONLY ONE that matters.
June

And what if the moon is made of cheese?

A person would ask "what if" all day long and never get anywhere....Hmmm. Spinning your wheels in the mud again?

I was asking a question to see if "Working for the Lord" was basing his faith on knowledge, or vice versa....

Location hidden

#497790 Dec 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Do you think Jesus was brokenhearted and spirit crushed, while on the cross?
(Refer to the his words on the cross, "My God, my God, why have your forsaken me...."
If you cannot imagine that Jesus was broken, while on the cross, then you must think very much differently than I do....
Peace
you aren't even on the same page with the rest of us.

Albuquerque, NM

#497791 Dec 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
You believe your cognitive processing of facts is more valid than others who use non-cognitive processing (faith). And this makes your beliefs in truth neither more nor less valid, but merely your perception of belief....
Peace
Like I've stated, a person learns to have faith, but rejects those facts that have already been verified.

Are my statements more valid - IMO - yes, especially when I've shown valid discrepancies associating to what Christianity claims as "true".

And you are right, it is merely just my perception. Self.

HB - you clearly understand the concept, but continuously trying to negate it, like June - well, like her, your success rate is not very good.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#497792 Dec 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us be perfectly honest, which will be something very new for the Romans.(Letter to Romans 7:3) is not the book of Romans written by Paul nor is the (Letter to Philadelphians 4:1) to be confused with the book of Philippians written by Paul.
Finally, your quotes are out of context as you know but you have lied so much the truth is not within you.
While you accept the argument of an amatuer blogger, I'll go with the opinions of men who received Doctorates from Oxford University.

“Happy 2016!!”

#497793 Dec 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying that catholics should pay to prevent victims of abuse from allowing their abusers to be exposed for their criminal acts? That is what this $800,000 was about. To suppress evidence from coming to court.
Everytime a priest is charged with sexual abuse, you STAR C help pay for his defense in court.........and you support that? UNBELIEVABLE!
Its obvious you are on the side of the abusers and the wrong side of criminal justice.
Your church boasts about ZERO tolerance. Laughable!
Your church is suppose to be the advocates of justice and morality. Evidentaly they aren't. Very sad
No saying that if someone gets abused they should get money for help.

I support the 99.9% priest that are good honest men working for The Lord .

No one supports filthy dirty men, you are wrong.

Go pick on the teachers, Boy Scout, ex-Cops, your uncle, your father, coaches, youth workers, nurses, married pastor, day care workers, etc...

Don't worry your bigoted little head about us we are doing something about it.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#497794 Dec 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christian
"Jesus HAS to love ME, because I have invested ALL my FAITH in the idea that he exists and that he DOES LOVE ME!!!"
That is a whole lot to take for granted.
You just don't get it.

Anyway,we're pretty well snowed in down here.Not like the 6ft.you folks get up near your cabin in the wilderness,but messy.Reading your posts sweety.

Its got me to having 'thoughts' dirty thoughts.

*Blush*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web