Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#497425 Dec 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
"plastic bio-hazard bag" - not trash bag. Big difference.

Anything bio-hazard" is put into a special container - not only for the safety of those handling it, but also safety concerns for disposal.

Relative to the "alive status" that is claimed, I guess I wouldn't know. Using a story about a FL woman, from a UK site is odd already, but hey, thanks for the link.

BTW - 23 weeks is less than 6-months and the current law allows for such practices. I've seen premature births and the results are pretty grim, considering a normal pregnancy is 36 weeks (+/-).

Another interest stat is: Fewer than 0.5% of women obtaining abortions experience a complication, and the risk of death associated with abortion is about one-tenth that associated with childbirth.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/sfaa/new_mexic...

I believe a woman has a choice to do what ever she wishes with her body. Who am I to say otherwise.

You don't tell me what I can do with my body, I won't tell you what you can do. That is equality - in body and mind.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#497426 Dec 4, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Stop the nonsense and get right with God by going to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and you will be saved and have a home in heaven, this is the only way you will be saved.
lol @U.

you are as much saved as the catholics are.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497427 Dec 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"plastic bio-hazard bag" - not trash bag. Big difference.
Anything bio-hazard" is put into a special container - not only for the safety of those handling it, but also safety concerns for disposal.
Relative to the "alive status" that is claimed, I guess I wouldn't know. Using a story about a FL woman, from a UK site is odd already, but hey, thanks for the link.
BTW - 23 weeks is less than 6-months and the current law allows for such practices. I've seen premature births and the results are pretty grim, considering a normal pregnancy is 36 weeks (+/-).
Another interest stat is: Fewer than 0.5% of women obtaining abortions experience a complication, and the risk of death associated with abortion is about one-tenth that associated with childbirth.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/sfaa/new_mexic...
I believe a woman has a choice to do what ever she wishes with her body. Who am I to say otherwise.
You don't tell me what I can do with my body, I won't tell you what you can do. That is equality - in body and mind.
What difference does,the bag make..the baby was breathing ..mom.screaming . Heard all this in the news when it happened when the mom came forward . They put something in her ..sent her home ..told to come back was contracting ..no doc even there ..child was,alive .

And on the other PP story they won't even save baby or,send to hospital ..
This is,the,disgusting sequel to this,whole,question..

Republicans,tried to put it back to twenty weeks ..pro-choice,say baby feels,no pain..bunch of baloney ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497428 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text> Stop the nonsense and get right with God by going to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and you will be saved and have a home in heaven, this is the only way you will be saved.
~~~

There are no particular denominations found in the Bible...

AND YOU CANNOT HONESTLY PRODUCE A SCRIPTURE THAT POINTS OUT

A EXCLUSIVE DENOMINATION ....ONE THAT THAT GOD APPROVES ABOVE ANOTHER...

IT AINT IN THERE....

SO DON'T ADVERTISE YOUR DENOMINATIONAL PREFERENCES HERE.

NO ONE BELIEVE THEY ARE THE ONLY PUMPKIN ON THE VINE

BUT THE ROMAN CATHOLICS...

AND...THEIR PUMPKIN IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE...

EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CUT A SMILEY FACE IN IT

IT IS STILL FULL OF PUTRID DECAY AND DEBAUCHERY...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497429 Dec 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ok, I will give you another hint. they were called "disco biscuit".
another name is Methoqualone.
Oh qualludes..sleeping pill used to get high ??
Never heard,that term though ..sent you a,message please,

#497430 Dec 4, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
What difference does,the bag make..the baby was breathing ..mom.screaming . Heard all this in the news when it happened when the mom came forward . They put something in her ..sent her home ..told to come back was contracting ..no doc even there ..child was,alive .
Republicans,tried to put it back to twenty weeks ..pro-choice,say baby feels,no pain..bunch of baloney ...

----------
If an Israelite man died with no children, his brother was to marry the widow, and their first child would be the heir of the dead brother.

A man named Onan did not wish to honor his brother, so he spilled his seed (sperm) on the ground.

God destroyed him because of his act. It that act was worthy of death, HOW terrible will be the judgment of human beings who kill an infant via abortion ???

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497431 Dec 4, 2013
Sorry ..to say ..You sound like a,Tv Ad ..I'm lad you find truth and solace at your local Church.

JESUS,is,Lord .. my FAITH is in Him .not a,denomination.

#497432 Dec 4, 2013
NASL says (in relation to abortion) that one has the 'right' to determine what is in their body.

They certainly do BEFORE they allow it entrance.

A baby is NOT the woman's body...

KayMarie
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#497433 Dec 4, 2013
Well I for one am grateful that my being 'saved' isn't dictated by two senior citizens with a Bible in their hand - spitting out hate and venom and labeling themselves 'pastors'.
I also look forward to the next generation of self proclaimed pastors. You two had a free pass operating behind the Iron Bible Belt Curtain. Nobody was around to challenge you and set you straight. The next generation face an impossible battle. The internet will force them to answer questions that frankly, they can not answer.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497434 Dec 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
If an Israelite man died with no children, his brother was to marry the widow, and their first child would be the heir of the dead brother.
A man named Onan did not wish to honor his brother, so he spilled his seed (sperm) on the ground.
God destroyed him because of his act. It that act was worthy of death, HOW terrible will be the judgment of human beings who kill an infant via abortion ???
KayMarie
That's,why I have,a heart for these women .the ones in such straights .....the,Crisis,Centers,work so hard to show them the truth ...ultrasounds,are,modern miracles in this,age,of 50million killed ..And counting
But if they hAve done it..they need to know,God can forgive EVEN THIS...And not make them outcast ...
I have a younger friend...well I pray For HER ..

Let HE or she,who is,without Sin cast the,first stone ...
Those programs,and counsellors,have as,special.ministry .
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#497435 Dec 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There are no particular denominations found in the Bible...
AND YOU CANNOT HONESTLY PRODUCE A SCRIPTURE THAT POINTS OUT
A EXCLUSIVE DENOMINATION ....ONE THAT THAT GOD APPROVES ABOVE ANOTHER...
IT AINT IN THERE....
SO DON'T ADVERTISE YOUR DENOMINATIONAL PREFERENCES HERE.
NO ONE BELIEVE THEY ARE THE ONLY PUMPKIN ON THE VINE
BUT THE ROMAN CATHOLICS...
AND...THEIR PUMPKIN IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE...
EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CUT A SMILEY FACE IN IT
IT IS STILL FULL OF PUTRID DECAY AND DEBAUCHERY...
You've got no business telling 'workin for the lord' anything. He has his Bible you have yours. Neither one of you are an authority to determine what the scriptures are saying anyway. It was arrogant men like you that told these folks that 'private interpretation and sola scripture' are the will of Jesus. Now look what happened! Under your false banner of sola scripture, he can tell you how it is and you'll have to take it like a man. To each his own. Christianity is determined by however a born again sees the scriptures. Its a chaotic free for all.
And you are not preaching the word of God, you are preaching the word of Confrint. The word of God was already taught and it sounds nothing like you or Prestons take on it. Have a good night.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#497436 Dec 4, 2013
Go get em man. Everyone start smacking each other with Bible's until one side submits.(psst, Preston communicates verbally with God though, he might have the upper hand...just sayin).

#497437 Dec 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's,why I have,a heart for these women .the ones in such straights .....the,Crisis,Centers,work so hard to show them the truth ...ultrasounds,are,modern miracles in this,age,of 50million killed ..And counting
But if they hAve done it..they need to know,God can forgive EVEN THIS...And not make them outcast ...
~~~

GOD HATES HANDS THAT SHED INNOCENT BLOOD...

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Pro 6:17 A proud look,

a lying tongue, and

--> hands that shed innocent blood, <--

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,

feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and

he that soweth discord among brethren.

#497438 Dec 4, 2013

----------
True, RoSesz. God does forgive when we ask Him. It is not our business to punish those girls. They are influenced by current social 'opinion', and many of them suffer much for their decisions.

KayMarie

#497439 Dec 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got no business telling 'workin for the lord' anything. He has his Bible you have yours. Neither one of you are an authority to determine what the scriptures are saying anyway. It was arrogant men like you that told these folks that 'private interpretation and sola scripture' are the will of Jesus. Now look what happened! Under your false banner of sola scripture, he can tell you how it is and you'll have to take it like a man. To each his own. Christianity is determined by however a born again sees the scriptures. Its a chaotic free for all.
And you are not preaching the word of God, you are preaching the word of Confrint. The word of God was already taught and it sounds nothing like you or Prestons take on it. Have a good night.
~~~

TO YOUR SORROW ...

THE REST OF THE WORLD ...

OUTSIDE OF YOUR DELUSIONAL CONCEPT OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ..

ARE NOT BLIND DUMB NOR AS STUPID..AS YOU THINK THEY ARE.

EVEN THOSE THAT MAKE NO CLAIM TO CHRISTIANITY ...have their

idea/STANDARD of what a Christian organization IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

YOU RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION HAS NO STANDARD OF HOLINESS...

IT IS CHRISTIAN IN NAME ONLY...
StarC

United States

#497440 Dec 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he is speaking of his 19th century church...he has been bashing our Church.

."Church of Christ, any of several conservative Protestant churches, found chiefly in the United States. They are strongest in parts of the Midwest and in the western and southern parts of the country. Each church is known locally as a Church of Christ and its members as Christians, and each church is autonomous in government, with elders, deacons, and a minister or ministers. There is no organization beyond the local church.

The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians. They pleaded for the Bible as the only standard of faith, without additional creeds, and for the unity of the people of God by the restoration of New Testament Christianity. Refusing affiliation with any sect, they called themselves simply Christians."
truth

Dianella, Australia

#497441 Dec 4, 2013
nobody will trust authority in future
no
no any corupt diploma
nobody will pay any money for future product
people not going eat or drink nonworthy poison production less trust evil doctors too..

when time come truth will be truth

as it is in all truth

evil serve serve evil
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
by

#497442 Dec 4, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he is speaking of his 19th century church...he has been bashing our Church.
."Church of Christ, any of several conservative Protestant churches, found chiefly in the United States. They are strongest in parts of the Midwest and in the western and southern parts of the country. Each church is known locally as a Church of Christ and its members as Christians, and each church is autonomous in government, with elders, deacons, and a minister or ministers. There is no organization beyond the local church.
The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians. They pleaded for the Bible as the only standard of faith, without additional creeds, and for the unity of the people of God by the restoration of New Testament Christianity. Refusing affiliation with any sect, they called themselves simply Christians."
~~~

CHANGING THE SUBJECT AND BASHING ANOTHER ORGANIZATION DOES NOT COMPENSATE FOR SIN AND DEBAUCHERY IN YOU OWN..

THE BIBLE SAYS

Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS AT WAR WITH THE BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS...THE TRUE CHURCH THAT EXIST UPON THE EARTH

WE ARE TO LIVE IN
Luk_1:75 In -->holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Act_3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or -->holiness we had made this man to walk?

Rom_1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power,--> according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Rom_6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now--> yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Rom_6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye -->have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

2Co_7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,-->perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Eph_4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

1Th_3:13 To the end he may--> stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1Th_4:7 --> For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

1Ti_2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing,==>if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Tit_2:3 The aged women likewise, that the>be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

Heb_12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit,-->that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and -->holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
StarC

United States

#497443 Dec 4, 2013
"Evangelicals and Catholics have lively discussions on the interpretation of Scripture. Evangelicals do that with each other all the time. That's why there are so many different denominations. However, I have a big problem with any organization that says "Catholics are not Christians," because they are ignoring the history of Christianity. The name Christian predates all Protestant and Evangelical Churches by over a millennium. Many Evangelicals who think that Catholics are not Christian may be surprised to learn they accept the authority of several Catholic councils every time they pick up their Bible. The Bible didn't fall out of the sky, spiral bound with an NIV sticker on it. It has a rich Catholic history."
catholicbridge.com
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#497444 Dec 4, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
They are very difficult to figure out. I checked it out the other day and there are at least a dozen on Wiki alone. It seems they spawned about a 150 yrs ago like most of the fundamentals. No record of any of these people existing before hand. No record of anyone agreeing with their theology either. No writings. Nothing.

"for the time will come when people will not endure sound doctrine, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths"
2 tim 4:3 RSV edition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 10,547
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr superwilly 84,712
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 13 hr Eric 9
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... Sat nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... Sat Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web