Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646698 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497339 Dec 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael" God's people are famous for keeping records. They weren't slobbering
cavemen.
Yet the Jew you idolize must have been a dumbbell ... because not one word was written by him and his name was not signed on even one piece of paper.

Of course myths can't write on their own behalves.

Religion is a sick joke!

Prince George, Canada

#497340 Dec 4, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Only making light of day with you, relax my friend.
You always "make light" of Atheists, as you believe only Catholics are worthy of divine attention.

Prince George, Canada

#497341 Dec 4, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You know June, I agree whole heartedly with you here. I for one have always been in favor of abortion only because of the botched, back alley type of abortions that were performed in past.
Still pray for the souls having abortions and the fetus themselves. If this wasn't legal, abortions would still be performed in back alleys causing more deaths than the abortion themselves. But wait, only durig the first trimester anything later is to far developed. Abortions not to be used as birth control, told some on medicaid do this. not good.
did have this conversation with one of those you described, flipped them out, and I was on a bus trip with that woman in next seat. interesting bus ride.
Uh huh ... but why would you pray for fetuses that you believe will go right back to "god?"

It's the yo-yo affect. Within the theology god places his spirit in the fetus ... the woman has an abortion ... and the divine fetus springs right back to its Creator god to do with as he will.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497342 Dec 4, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
Yes I'm aware of that "honor," and I see the humor in it.
But also, I must say ... it's better than in the old days when I would have been burning at the stake for having a difference of opinion.

----------
It's not exactly literal (yet), but aren't you 'burning' everyone on here for their difference of opinion?

KM
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#497343 Dec 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
TYPOLOGY AND THE NEW ISRAEL
According to the typological method, God’s promises to Abraham and his descendents were fulfilled through
Christ and His Church. One Orthodox scholar has written:“In Christ, then, the covenant with Israel was fulfilled, transformed, and transcended. After the coming of the Messiah—the Incarnation of God the Son—only those who are ‘built into Christ’ are counted among the people of God. In Christ, the old Israel is superseded by the Christian Church, the new Israel, the body of
Christ; the old covenant is completed in the new covenant in and through Jesus Christ”(George Cronk, The Message of the Bible; St. Vladimir Seminary
Press; 1982, p. 80).
http://www.antiochian.org/Orthodox_Church_Who ...
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/replacemen...

#497344 Dec 4, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You know June, I agree whole heartedly with you here. I for one have always been in favor of abortion only because of the botched, back alley type of abortions that were performed in past.
Still pray for the souls having abortions and the fetus themselves. If this wasn't legal, abortions would still be performed in back alleys causing more deaths than the abortion themselves. But wait, only durig the first trimester anything later is to far developed. Abortions not to be used as birth control, told some on medicaid do this. not good.
did have this conversation with one of those you described, flipped them out, and I was on a bus trip with that woman in next seat. interesting bus ride.
IF MAN WAS LIVING AS HE SHOULD ...BEING IN OBEDIENT TO GOD

AND BEHAVED HIMSELF..AND LET GOD BE IN CONTROL OF HIS LIFE AND FAMILY

THE DECISION OF CONCEPTIONS...WOULD BE UP TO AND MADE BY GOD AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF GENESIS..

~~~

Gen 49:25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

THE WORD SAYS

Pro 3:1 My son, forget not my law/WORD but let thine heart keep my commandments:

Pro 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

Pro 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Pro 3:9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

Pro 3:10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

Pro 3:11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

Pro 3:12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Pro 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Pro 3:14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497345 Dec 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Regina:)
I think we agree that people must born=anew, in Christ, to be a member of His church.
Hey, Marge!
Yes, indeed, we must be reborn in Christ.

Prince George, Canada

#497346 Dec 4, 2013
Another modern intelligent scholar who thinks that Jews, Orientals, Europeans, Indians and Africans developed from a single cell in a mud hole.:) Where did all those colors come from...a single cell?
KayMarie
Now you are putting words in MY mouth.

I don't know the answers, and it doesn't bother me to not know. I try to do my best with each moment of each day, and I can't do better than my best.

Prince George, Canada

#497347 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I AM A JEW .inwardly
You are again insulting the Jews (faithful to Judaism) that believe Jesus did not exist as a real messiah.

You and your wayward Protestant self want to play both ends to the middle and come out the winner.

#497348 Dec 4, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Liam says.......we have volumes and volumes of evidence that debunks your theology. This predates 313 ad. It can all be proven provided you don't forgo reason and logic.
Michael says........OK Liam, prove the evidence. You know what proving means don't you?
The bible is not evidence. You can't even verify the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them. There are no originals. If you don't have originals everything is hearsay.

----------
Take it easy on him. Even IF what you say is true, it is no more unreasonable or illogical for him to believe in God, than for you to believe that man came from monkeys...OR a mud hole.

Besides we have something better than your ancient volumes. I taught in a drug alcohol rehab, and I've worked in church for many years. I have SEEN ruined lives changed when those people began to believe that the God of the universe loves them.

IF there were no God (but there is), the Bible is still the greatest, most intelligent work ever given to mankind.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#497349 Dec 4, 2013
It's not exactly literal (yet), but aren't you 'burning' everyone on here for their difference of opinion?
KM
I'm encouraging others to escape all religion and to in turn stop placing value on only their own religions.

If you don't comprehend that, as many times as I've explained it to you, I suggest you will ignore it again.

Prince George, Canada

#497350 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
IF MAN WAS LIVING AS HE SHOULD .
He would be a duplicate of your perfection and there would be no more evil in the world ... according to YOU.

The Jews have a different story entirely.

#497351 Dec 4, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
...Most religious, christian and non christian, are so because of family-hand-me down indoctrination/tradition. Parents don't know anything about other religions, don't want to know about other religions, only teach their kids what they know. Kids grow up not knowing about others, and the hatred towards others continues.
YOu see it on this forum everyday. Catholics versus protestants versus the world.

----------
I don't hate anybody. What about you?

And I have studied other religions, and discovered by that study that my parents gave me the Truth.

Come on...you are smarter than that!

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#497352 Dec 4, 2013
IF there were no God (but there is), the Bible is still the greatest, most intelligent work ever given to mankind.
KayMarie
You IDOLIZE Martin Luther's anti-Semitism.

Prince George, Canada

#497353 Dec 4, 2013
I want you comment on these words from Martin Luther.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I brief, dear princes and lords, those of you who have Jews under your rule­­ if my counsel does not please your, find better advice, so that you and we all can be rid of the unbearable, devilish burden of the Jews, lest we become guilty sharers before God in the lies, blasphemy, the defamation, and the curses which the mad Jews indulge in so freely and wantonly against the person of our Lord Jesus Christ, this dear mother, all Christians, all authority, and ourselves. Do not grant them protection, safe­conduct, or communion with us.....With this faithful counsel and warning I wish to cleanse and exonerate my conscience.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/a...

Prince George, Canada

#497354 Dec 4, 2013
And I have studied other religions, and discovered by that study that my parents gave me the Truth.
Your parents simply repeated the words to you from the horny ex-Catholic monk's mouth and pen ... Martin Luther.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497355 Dec 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
Hi, DS!

Thank you for this, I'm reading it now. The only reason why I posted one of the Orthodox links was to show that the "new Israel" isn't strictly Catholic theology nor is it recent, as is being promoted by a certain someone.

Thanks again. Wishing you and your family a blessed and holy Advent.

Prince George, Canada

#497356 Dec 4, 2013
I don't hate anybody.
Your posts are full of venom against the Catholics.

I suggest you hate the Catholics, as much as Martin Luther hated the Jews, and then later on (when he became a Protestant)... the Catholics.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497357 Dec 4, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
2322 From its conception, the child has the right to life. Direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, is a "criminal" practice (GS 27 § 3), gravely contrary to the moral law. The Church imposes the canonical penalty of excommunication for this crime against human life.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a5.htm#br...

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/cat...

Prince George, Canada

#497358 Dec 4, 2013
Please comment on Martin's words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death.

Martin Luther

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Mon South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web