Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699476 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497353 Dec 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I want you comment on these words from Martin Luther.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I brief, dear princes and lords, those of you who have Jews under your rule­­ if my counsel does not please your, find better advice, so that you and we all can be rid of the unbearable, devilish burden of the Jews, lest we become guilty sharers before God in the lies, blasphemy, the defamation, and the curses which the mad Jews indulge in so freely and wantonly against the person of our Lord Jesus Christ, this dear mother, all Christians, all authority, and ourselves. Do not grant them protection, safe­conduct, or communion with us.....With this faithful counsel and warning I wish to cleanse and exonerate my conscience.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/a...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497354 Dec 4, 2013
And I have studied other religions, and discovered by that study that my parents gave me the Truth.
Your parents simply repeated the words to you from the horny ex-Catholic monk's mouth and pen ... Martin Luther.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497355 Dec 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
Hi, DS!

Thank you for this, I'm reading it now. The only reason why I posted one of the Orthodox links was to show that the "new Israel" isn't strictly Catholic theology nor is it recent, as is being promoted by a certain someone.

Thanks again. Wishing you and your family a blessed and holy Advent.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497356 Dec 4, 2013
I don't hate anybody.
Your posts are full of venom against the Catholics.

I suggest you hate the Catholics, as much as Martin Luther hated the Jews, and then later on (when he became a Protestant)... the Catholics.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497357 Dec 4, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You know June, I agree whole heartedly with you here. I for one have always been in favor of abortion only because of the botched, back alley type of abortions that were performed in past.
Still pray for the souls having abortions and the fetus themselves. If this wasn't legal, abortions would still be performed in back alleys causing more deaths than the abortion themselves. But wait, only durig the first trimester anything later is to far developed. Abortions not to be used as birth control, told some on medicaid do this. not good.
did have this conversation with one of those you described, flipped them out, and I was on a bus trip with that woman in next seat. interesting bus ride.
2322 From its conception, the child has the right to life. Direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, is a "criminal" practice (GS 27 § 3), gravely contrary to the moral law. The Church imposes the canonical penalty of excommunication for this crime against human life.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a5.htm#br...

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/cat...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497358 Dec 4, 2013
Please comment on Martin's words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death.

Martin Luther
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497359 Dec 4, 2013
What could the Jews possibly have done to Martin Luther, other than want to be respected for their beliefs in Judaism?

They did NOTHING to him whatsoever, as they had no military power TO do anything against either the Catholics OR the Protestants.

They were comparable to sitting ducks being hunted from all sides.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497360 Dec 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
2322 From its conception, the child has the right to life. Direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, is a "criminal" practice (GS 27 § 3), gravely contrary to the moral law. The Church imposes the canonical penalty of excommunication for this crime against human life.
The "great" Catholic theologian Augustine.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Abortion … Augustine’s opinion.

5th TO 16th Century CE (Various beliefs on whether abortion is murder):

St. Augustine (354-430 CE) reversed centuries of Christian teaching in Western Europe, and returned the church to the Aristotelian Pagan concept of "delayed ensoulment." He wrote 7 that a human soul cannot live in an unformed body. So, an abortion is not murder because no soul is destroyed (or, more accurately, only a vegetable or animal soul is terminated). He wrote extensively on sexual matters, teaching that the original sin of Adam and Eve are passed to each successive generation through the pleasure generated during sexual intercourse. This passed into the church's canon law. Only abortion of a more fully developed "fetus animatus" (animated fetus) was punished as murder.

http://www.godrules.net/articles/abortion2.ht ...
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497361 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Some months ago you started you gravitation toward atheism...
now you have become an instrument of your own destruction
Creating a GODLESS legacy (as Jesus tarries) for your future generations.
Setting an atheistic precedence that will only be defined in eternity..
FOR SHAME...
Instead of becoming a bulwark against the evil
which was once so distasteful to you in the beginning....you have
joined up with him and
become part an party to that which you once claimed you despised
If God didn't want me to exist, I am sure he would do something about it. I'm still alive and well, and that bothers you.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497362 Dec 4, 2013
Each time a new pope came to the throne, the god that used to love only the Jews, had to again change his mind to suit the will of the new pope.

Religion in a nutshell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“ABORTION IN AMERICA,” the origins and evolution of national policy, by James C. Mohr, comes the following.

In the spring of 1869 Bishop Spaulding of Baltimore released a pastoral condemnation of abortion that emanated from a council of Bishops held in his city that year. Spaulding enunciated what was generally considered to be the orthodox Catholic position on abortion for the next hundred years:“The murder of an infant before its birth is, in the sight of God and his Church, as great a crime, as would be the killing of a child after birth…. No mother is allowed, under any circumstances, to permit the death of her unborn infant, not even for the sake of preserving her own life.”
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497363 Dec 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT:

...More catholic women in the USA have abortions per 1,000 women than do protestant women. Its obvious your church is not doing a very good PR campaign of stamping out abortions by catholic women.

.......According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.

.....Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, its higher.

I bring the news! the up to date factual news. The news that catholics don't want to hear.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497364 Dec 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If God didn't want me to exist, I am sure he would do something about it. I'm still alive and well, and that bothers you.
I suggest that if Confrinting with the word was perfected as he seems to believe, he would have no reason to stay on earth as he would be called home to be with the god that used to love only the Jews, but now apparently loves only Protestants created in his holy image.

Silly stuff in deed!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497365 Dec 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
He perceives you as evil. That word Atheist needs to change to Protestant, and then you will accepted as only of the HOLY ones.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Ancient times

Those labeled as atheist, which included early Christians and Muslims, were as a result targeted for legal persecution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_a ...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497366 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The "great" Catholic theologian Augustine.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Abortion … Augustine’s opinion.
5th TO 16th Century CE (Various beliefs on whether abortion is murder):
St. Augustine (354-430 CE) reversed centuries of Christian teaching in Western Europe, and returned the church to the Aristotelian Pagan concept of "delayed ensoulment." He wrote 7 that a human soul cannot live in an unformed body. So, an abortion is not murder because no soul is destroyed (or, more accurately, only a vegetable or animal soul is terminated). He wrote extensively on sexual matters, teaching that the original sin of Adam and Eve are passed to each successive generation through the pleasure generated during sexual intercourse. This passed into the church's canon law. Only abortion of a more fully developed "fetus animatus" (animated fetus) was punished as murder.
http://www.godrules.net/articles/abortion2.ht ...
You're making a common error here, June. Not everything that came from the Church Fathers is considered "gospel". They, too, had their opinions and could be in error. That's why we look to the Church and not the individual.

I just quickly glimpsed at this, but you might find it interesting (or not):
http://www.ewtn.com/library/bishops/vasapelos...
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497367 Dec 4, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
...Most religious, christian and non christian, are so because of family-hand-me down indoctrination/tradition. Parents don't know anything about other religions, don't want to know about other religions, only teach their kids what they know. Kids grow up not knowing about others, and the hatred towards others continues.
YOu see it on this forum everyday. Catholics versus protestants versus the world.
----------
I don't hate anybody. What about you?
And I have studied other religions, and discovered by that study that my parents gave me the Truth.
Come on...you are smarter than that!
KayMarie
Kay Marie says.......And I have studied other religions, and discovered by that study that my parents gave me the Truth.

Michael says........I am sure people born into THEIR NON christian belief system also believes that their parents taught them the truth.

Does anyone really have the absolute truth? I say no. If they did everyone would join up.

Today total christianity is only about 23% of the world population. Catholicism is about 17% of world population. 4 out of every 5 people on our planet believe they have a different truth than you do.

not meant to offend.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497368 Dec 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT:
...More catholic women in the USA have abortions per 1,000 women than do protestant women. Its obvious your church is not doing a very good PR campaign of stamping out abortions by catholic women.
.......According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.
.....Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, its higher.
I bring the news! the up to date factual news. The news that catholics don't want to hear.
However ... there might be more to the story.

Just maybe the women of the Protestant faith that are entering the abortion clinics are claiming to be Catholic to take the heat off the Protestant religion.

:)

I wouldn't put anything past any of these people. As soon as they are done lying, they believe they can confess their "sin" to Jesus and he will get right to work erasing it from his slate.

It's quite the system.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497369 Dec 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making a common error here, June. Not everything that came from the Church Fathers is considered "gospel"
THEY said it WAS!!! Are you now insinuating that your church fathers were liars?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497370 Dec 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I just quickly glimpsed at this, but you might find it interesting (or not):
http://www.ewtn.com/library/bishops/vasapelos...
I already pointed out how they changed the dogmas as their own wills.

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The dreadful Augustinian theory of the damnation of unbaptized dead infants shows that the greatest doctors in the Church are not without redoubtable ambivalence….We have borne in the Church for sixteen centuries the fruits and weights of the greatness and weakness of Saint Augustine. Page 50.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#497371 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I suggest you go sing it to yourself as you picture your self in heaven and picture the majority of others in hell.
That ought to thrill you NO END!
June

I am thrilled at letting you know your statement is false, and has always been false.

I am not a predictor of who goes where after death, nor do I know who deserves what.

I believe I get a better shave from an old fashioned razor, than an electric razor. So I use the old-fashioned...(smiles)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#497372 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Take it easy on him. Even IF what you say is true, it is no more unreasonable or illogical for him to believe in God, than for you to believe that man came from monkeys...OR a mud hole.
Besides we have something better than your ancient volumes. I taught in a drug alcohol rehab, and I've worked in church for many years. I have SEEN ruined lives changed when those people began to believe that the God of the universe loves them.
IF there were no God (but there is), the Bible is still the greatest, most intelligent work ever given to mankind.
KayMarie
If it only take love to change a person - then again, no religion is required to access that love.

Youor qualifiers are nothing more than what many people who are not religious utilize and hone.

Why do you try to mislead people with false conclusions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43