Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
479,681 - 479,700 of 538,786 Comments Last updated 36 min ago
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497036 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking sincerely or will it predispose another "full of it" remark?
Ooops! Sorry, Anthony, I gave her a few *very* secular sources.
But, really, this isn't anything new, as you well know.

I guess I just don't like the games that are being played. Thought this was interesting:

"When 200 homeless people were received to dinner at the Vatican, some of the purveyors of odious comparisons were publicly in awe of Francis’ humility and charity. They had perhaps been too busy to notice that he was merely repeating a gesture his two immediate predecessors had made before him. Or not quite. In 2010, Benedict XVI received 250 homeless people to lunch, and passed in person at every table before sitting down at one of them to take his meal with his guests. Francis sent a cardinal to represent him. Let us not make odious comparisons in our turn, but the narrative of the humble new broom who is sweeping away the “Renaissance court” of the immediate past needs to be exposed as the manipulation it is."
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblo...

Anthony, I know I'm preaching to the choir, so thanks for bearing with me!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#497037 Dec 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Guess
Olvidalo.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497038 Dec 3, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> WRONG, Christians came to be in the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2 37-38, 313 AD is when the catholics came into existence, and their not Christians. The Church of Christ is the first church that came into existence in 33 AD. The church that the bible speaks of is the Church of Christ, the church of the bible.
Your choice of lies from history is different than mine.

:)

Ignatius was Catholic and he was the first one to mention the word "Christian."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

An important milestone into development of Christian self-consciousness or Christian self-identity will be the emergence of the word "Christianity." This word appears for the first time in the writings of a church thinker of the early 2nd century of our era named Ignatius, who lived in Western Asia Minor, modern day Western Turkey

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

Prince George, Canada

#497039 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS NEW ISRAEL..
Then the old will have to do, as "god" wouldn't want to disappoint YOU!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#497040 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I read his words before.
I suggest that the Jews who gave their last slice of bread away knew they were dying anyway, and wanted Jehovah to see them as good humans rather than being selfish.
Those Jews all tried their best to keep living as long as possible.
You and I don't give OUR last slices of bread to the poor. You know it and I know it ... so I suggest you be real and don't play the HOLY GAME with me.
==========

June,
You really should not attack unless you are knowledgeable about the area.

The quote you refer to is from Victor Frankl's book "Search for Meaning". He is a psychiatrist who developed logotherapy, a therapy based on man's need for meaning in his life.Frankl’s book, Man's Search for Meaning, had been translated into 24 languages and reprinted 73 times.

You stated "the Jews who gave their last slice of bread away knew they were dying anyway. In fact Frankl found the opposite. Those that had done so were more likely to survive because they had found meaning in the horrible circumstances.

Frankl discovered that people were more likely to survive if they had something to live for, if
they could just find something that gave their life meaning.

Frankl's thesis is that it is not suffering that destroys us but our attitude toward our suffering.

Logotherapy has been helping people since the 1930's.There are Logotherapy Institutes throughout the world.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#497041 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS NEW ISRAEL..
.AND ANY ONE THAT SAYS THERE IS IS A LIAR...
THE COVENANT THAT GOD MADE WITH ABRAHAM IN GENESIS...IS AN EVERLASTING COVENANT...
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT YOU NO ANY OTHER HEATHEN LIAR CAN SPIN IT AWAY.
Gen_17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for -->an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Gen_17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an -->everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Gen_17:13 -->He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen_17:19 And God said,
Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and
thou shalt call his name Isaac: and
--> I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
Gen_21:33 And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God.
Gen_48:4 And said unto me, Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people; and
-->will give this land to thy seed after thee for an everlasting possession.
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
The Catholic Church is the Kingdom of God on earth, the new Israel (Jesus said in Matthew 21:43 that he was taking the Kingdom away from Israel, and giving it to a nation that will produce the fruits of it - namely, the Catholic Church), and is modeled after David's Kingdom, with a huge temple (the Vatican), a prime minister (our Pope), a sacred tabernacle containing the Ark of the Covenant (our tabernacle containing the Eucharist), officers who take care of the kingdom (our Cardinals and bishops), high priests (our priests), a Passover Meal (our Eucharist), and a Queen Mother (The Blessed Virgin Mary).
http://www.catholicbible101.com/thechurchthen...

God Bless.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497042 Dec 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
June,
You really should not attack unless you are knowledgeable about the area.
The quote you refer to is from Victor Frankl's book "Search for Meaning". He is a psychiatrist who developed logotherapy, a therapy based on man's need for meaning in his life.Frankl’s book, Man's Search for Meaning, had been translated into 24 languages and reprinted 73 times.
You stated "the Jews who gave their last slice of bread away knew they were dying anyway. In fact Frankl found the opposite. Those that had done so were more likely to survive because they had found meaning in the horrible circumstances.
Frankl discovered that people were more likely to survive if they had something to live for, if
they could just find something that gave their life meaning.
Frankl's thesis is that it is not suffering that destroys us but our attitude toward our suffering.
Logotherapy has been helping people since the 1930's.There are Logotherapy Institutes throughout the world.
Wonderful book! I have my mother's copy which I treasure. It was a favorite of hers, as it is of mine.
Liam

Minneapolis, MN

#497043 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text> WRONG, Christians came to be in the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2 37-38, 313 AD is when the catholics came into existence, and their not Christians. The Church of Christ is the first church that came into existence in 33 AD. The church that the bible speaks of is the Church of Christ, the church of the bible.
Yawn. You keep babbling on about this stuff. Yet, when we ask you a question you run. Is that really the religious sect you wanna be a part of?? One the needs to run or hide behind a Bible verse??

There is no evidence at all, that your church was the one started by the Lord Himself. None. You simply read the Bible and decided you were the ones. And this crap with you fanatics telling people we Catholics are not Christian is getting old. We confess that there is one Lord Jesus Christ by which name no other can be saved. He's Our Lord and savior. What more do you goofball Bible idolaters want??

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497044 Dec 3, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#497046 Dec 3, 2013
God created man on his image and say to woman ..with birth pain you will broth forward future generation.
Man you will work very hard with your hands..o yes include art too.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497047 Dec 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/03/ world/europe/uk-vatican-ancien t-texts/index.html?sr=fb120313 biblesonline4p
Oh, how beautiful!

"The four-year project, which began in 2012, is funded by a 2 million pound (nearly $3.3 million) award from the Polonsky Foundation, a charity that supports higher education and research.

Dr. Leonard Polonsky, in a video clip posted on the project's website, said that it would ensure that fragile texts that "should be part of the inheritance of mankind" were safeguarded for future generations."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/03/world/europe/uk...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#497048 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text> When you said pope, which your religion says Peter was a pope, which is a blatant lie, as there's no proof that Peter was ever in Rome. You sin when you baptize infants who God says is sinless and Adam and Eve's sin is their sin, we are simply recipients of their punishment, but we are not liable for their sin, so there's no reason to baptize an infant. Purgatory isn't authorized by God and isn't even mentioned in the bible.
You are in a real heavy fog!!!!! I am a member of an SBC church!!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#497049 Dec 3, 2013
CONTINUED

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye ( THE GENTILES ) who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

JESUS ABOLISHED THE LAW...HE DID NOT ABOLISH THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT

NOTE
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

JESUS

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me/BOTH THE JEWS AND THE GENTILES free from the law of sin and death.

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God

in one body by the cross,

having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace

to you which were afar off, and

to them that were nigh.

NOTE
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

BOTH THE JEW AND THE GENTILES-->
Eph 2:20 And -->are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together

for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#497050 Dec 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops! Sorry, Anthony, I gave her a few *very* secular sources.
But, really, this isn't anything new, as you well know.
I guess I just don't like the games that are being played. Thought this was interesting:
"When 200 homeless people were received to dinner at the Vatican, some of the purveyors of odious comparisons were publicly in awe of Francis’ humility and charity. They had perhaps been too busy to notice that he was merely repeating a gesture his two immediate predecessors had made before him. Or not quite. In 2010, Benedict XVI received 250 homeless people to lunch, and passed in person at every table before sitting down at one of them to take his meal with his guests. Francis sent a cardinal to represent him. Let us not make odious comparisons in our turn, but the narrative of the humble new broom who is sweeping away the “Renaissance court” of the immediate past needs to be exposed as the manipulation it is."
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblo...
Anthony, I know I'm preaching to the choir, so thanks for bearing with me!
Bless you!
truth

Perth, Australia

#497051 Dec 3, 2013
Many physician lived trough history and time, many of them produce horrible crime too.
Yes evil spiritual sickness many eliminations does meter who ever they are priest or any in order high ruling ranking person..so many betray and killed too.

How much you trust people with diploma?

History will teach you betray and elimination as lawfully or ow-full way.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#497052 Dec 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Exactly what I think every time confrinting launches another one of his tirades against me and my faith in Christ.

----------
If you have issues with him, talk to him, not me.
Do you hold your tongue???

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#497053 Dec 3, 2013
The handy part of history is that we are able to choose whichever lies please us the most and bring them forth to bolster up our side of the arguments.

Prince George, Canada

#497054 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted You stated "the Jews who gave their last slice of bread away knew they were dying anyway. In fact Frankl found the opposite. Those that had done so were more likely to survive because they had found meaning in the horrible circumstances.
If they gave their slice of bread away, they couldn't survive.

Are you really THAT ignorant?

Prince George, Canada

#497055 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted
Frankl discovered that people were more likely to survive if they had something to live for,
Something to live for meant that they keep eating, albeit very low rations.

I've read many books concerning humans in such situations, and rest assured that they had to be determined if they wanted to live.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

On page number one of the book are the words …“This straightforward and unique diary of a 20-year-old Civil war soldier was written during his long, desperate months in Confederate prisons.”

From the book “John Ransom’s Diary,” comes the following.

There are some here who pray and try to preach. Very many too who have heretofore been religiously inclined, throw off all restraint and are about the worst. Tried and found wanting it seems to me.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#497056 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those in all the many religions celebrate HOLY days, and I am left to celebrate April Fool's Day.
OH HAPPY DAYS!
And you are the Patron Saint. ;O)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 18 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••