Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
479,461 - 479,480 of 538,793 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#496811 Dec 2, 2013
We are the one true church. Sorry about all the little boys we raped.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496812 Dec 2, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Believing God will provide means that you believe God will open the doors of opportunity for you. But if you don't walk through those doors or even look for them then you'll get no where.
Believing Odin will provide means that you believe Odin will open the doors of opportunity for you. But if you don't walk through those doors or even look for them then you'll get no where.

Same asinine argument used for every insane belief.

"You just refuse to believe the moon is made of green cheese!" - religitard
Chess

Columbus, OH

#496813 Dec 2, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I saw it on a wall, graffiti. Thx.
In the 50th state.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#496814 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I know,.
So I'm a,bit sarcastic ??
But in your defense, you got Jesus ogling the Earth as your avatar.

Tad creepy.
marge

Ames, IA

#496815 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
HeyRosie, can we stay on subject and not chit chat because it ruins the purpose of the thread which is the subject alone, and to me that playing that you do with Preston is wrong whether in private or personal. And it hurts my feelings for all to see.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#496817 Dec 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
Quran...

You who believe! Do not take the Jews and Christians as your friends; they are the friends of one another. Any of you who takes them as friends is one of them. Allah does not guide wrongdoing people.(5:51)

So as Christians, you are not supposed to be friends with us as to love one another as God has COMMANDED???
Ans.

Quran uses the Arabic word "AULIA" which people "commonly" translate as "Friends".

But it is not correct, the Arabic word is used for "taking some one as your Protector, your Bosom Friend and your ally".

A believer should never take Jews or Christians (and their Govt.) as their Protectors and their Bosom Friends.

This was the advise given to Muslims 1400 years ago and past history of 1400 years have shown that Jews and Christians have never been "friends" of Muslims in any real sense.

They always ditched Muslims at the most critical junctures and never took them as "reliable friends".

Look at what they did to Turkey and EEU membership?

Look the way that "abandoned" Shah of Iran when he needed help.

See the way US vetoes every move in UN Security Council condemning Israel?

There are endless incidents like that.

But it is our "fools of leaders of so called Muslim countries" who "hope" that US and EU would help "solve" the Palestine problem and other issues.

These are the nations who "created" these problems, how can they "solve" it?

Wish the Muslims leaders would heed to this Quranic advice.
truth

Perth, Australia

#496818 Dec 2, 2013
they will come in my name
its not me
they not serve me
its somebody else
they will say
we do that in your name

noooooooooooo

you are not med
noooooooooo

i see corupt peoples and corupt systems
owfull

i am sick of them
evil satanic corupt world

your corupt evil law is not my law

drug dillers
and criminals

you not serve me
as never you serve me
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
marge

Ames, IA

#496819 Dec 2, 2013
And Kay Marie said she won't post anymore because all of it and she has the best posts, my big big sister.
truth

Perth, Australia

#496820 Dec 2, 2013
abusers of people and abusers of law

its not me
its you corupt develish satanic evil organization

byyyyyy
is that insult
yes it issssssssssssssssssss
truth

Perth, Australia

#496821 Dec 2, 2013
how i become sister to you

who is my sisters and my brothers

which law you serve evil people

not me

i am not going say sorry
not at all
marge

Ames, IA

#496822 Dec 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Quran uses the Arabic word "AULIA" which people "commonly" translate as "Friends".
But it is not correct, the Arabic word is used for "taking some one as your Protector, your Bosom Friend and your ally".
A believer should never take Jews or Christians (and their Govt.) as their Protectors and their Bosom Friends.
This was the advise given to Muslims 1400 years ago and past history of 1400 years have shown that Jews and Christians have never been "friends" of Muslims in any real sense.
They always ditched Muslims at the most critical junctures and never took them as "reliable friends".
Look at what they did to Turkey and EEU membership?
Look the way that "abandoned" Shah of Iran when he needed help.
See the way US vetoes every move in UN Security Council condemning Israel?
There are endless incidents like that.
But it is our "fools of leaders of so called Muslim countries" who "hope" that US and EU would help "solve" the Palestine problem and other issues.
These are the nations who "created" these problems, how can they "solve" it?
Wish the Muslims leaders would heed to this Quranic advice.
Only through Jesus, all things were created through Him and for Him.

Only He can make you right with God because He took your sins on the cross.

And if you believe, you really know your right with God when you receive the Spirit of Jesus, you'll be a different person and praise God alone. Blessings
marge

Ames, IA

#496823 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
So then your not really a sister but pretending? Did you see my post about insurance, and why do you side with those who say Jesus will forsake you? I don't get it. Blessings
truth

Perth, Australia

#496824 Dec 2, 2013
'don't look over me
cry for yourself and your loveones

righteoness people don't have any rights

serve your evil

i live inaf see this corupt develish wicket satanic world

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
n
truth

Perth, Australia

#496825 Dec 2, 2013
serve your evil criminals not meeeeee

n
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#496826 Dec 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Only through Jesus, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Only He can make you right with God because He took your sins on the cross.
And if you believe, you really know your right with God when you receive the Spirit of Jesus, you'll be a different person and praise God alone. Blessings
Before Jesus was "born", no one knew that every thing was created by him and thru him.

No one takes any one else' sin on their shoulder. This is Paul's teachings and not Jesus'.

You must believe, what is truth and not you "think should be true".

We do praise God alone and do not make any partners with Him. You should do likewise, because that is what Jesus himslef did.

He prayed to the "Same God" we are also praying!!
marge

Ames, IA

#496827 Dec 2, 2013
I only had concern for Hermi and Seri when they look to the 'forefathers' for inspiration and not God alone.
truth

Perth, Australia

#496828 Dec 2, 2013
why you need go
where is decivers and posessors
did they decived and posess what is not belong to them

its ok

neplacite mene
nego placite sebe
marge

Ames, IA

#496829 Dec 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Jesus was "born", no one knew that every thing was created by him and thru him.
No one takes any one else' sin on their shoulder. This is Paul's teachings and not Jesus'.
You must believe, what is truth and not you "think should be true".
We do praise God alone and do not make any partners with Him. You should do likewise, because that is what Jesus himslef did.
He prayed to the "Same God" we are also praying!!

They knew of a personal LORD thou and was Jesus, only He fits the bill and was prophesied about.

Do you believe you have sin and if yes do you believe God and sin don't mix?

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#496830 Dec 2, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
But in your defense, you got Jesus ogling the Earth as your avatar.
Tad creepy.
it's,a picture I got after 911..in the picture you can see He is,weeping for us ..hard to see the tears on the,avatars..it's,a,beautiful pic ..

Sorry you don't like it ..I do ..just refound it someplace ..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#496831 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Leaving the bondage of religion is often very difficult.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
From the book,“A History of God,” by Karen Armstrong, published 1993, comes the following …
Yet it is also true that even in Auschwitz some Jews continued to study the Talmud and observe the traditional festivals, not because they hoped that God would rescue them but because it made sense. There is a story that one day in Auschwitz, a group of Jews put God on trial. They charged him with cruelty and betrayal. Like Job, they found no consolation in the usual answers to the problem of evil and suffering in the midst of this current obscenity. They could find no excuse for God, no extenuating circumstances, so they found him guilty and, presumably, worthy of death. The Rabbi pronounced the verdict. Then he looked up and said that the trial was over: it was time for the evening prayers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dx7irFN2gdIXX
----------

We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread.

They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.

The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity—even under the most difficult circumstances—to add a deeper meaning to his life

And there were always choices to make. Every day, every hour, offered the opportunity to make a decision, a decision which determined whether you would or would not submit to those powers which threatened to rob you of your very self, your inner freedom; which determined whether or not you would become the plaything of circumstance, renouncing freedom and dignity to become molded into the form of the typical inmate.

Seen from this point of view, the mental reactions of the inmates of a concentration camp must seem more to us than the mere expression of certain physical and sociological conditions. Even though conditions such as lack of sleep, insufficient food and various mental stresses may suggest that the inmates were bound to react in certain ways, in the final analysis it becomes clear that the sort of person the prisoner became was the result of an inner decision, and not the result of camp influences alone. Fundamentally, therefore, any man can, even under such circumstances, decide what shall become of him—mentally and spiritually. He may retain his human dignity even in a concentration camp. Victor Frankl

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 21 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••