Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688574 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497127 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
For one thing, Kay, it isn't that easy to be excommunicated. Either these individuals didn't understand the nature of the action or they simply never existed to begin with.
There is no excommunication that cannot be lifted. It is a remedial action and often only requires that one go to confession. It does not separate one from the love of God nor is meant to.
I really wish you would stop this kind of thing. It's not fruitful and certainly not Christian in nature.
----------
Excommunication frightened those people so terribly...and the 'punishment' is just unthinkable.
I had a friend (he is dead now) whose wife died. He remarried to a Protestant woman. He continued with the CC all of his life. He sent his children to CC school.
When he was old and near death, he was visited by a CC priest who told him that, due to his Protestant wife, he could not be buried by the CC.
I'm not telling you a fable. We knew this man and his family well.
I have no personal vendetta against Catholics; I've known a lot of very good ones...but there are 'traditions' in the CC that are detrimental to people.
KayMarie
He was not excommunicated. You say he remained a Catholic after his wife died (I don't know why he wouldn't!). Therefore, he most assuredly would have remarried in the Church, at which time it would have been known that his future wife was Protestant and the proper steps would have been taken in order for them to have a Catholic wedding. It's a very easy process. Catholics are allowed to marry Protestants, you know. Something is very fishy here. A big part of this story is missing.

As I said, it's not that easy to be excommunicated and it can be lifted. If one claims to be Catholic, then they should be just that and not pick and choose what they will and won't believe or follow. It's not a cafeteria.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497128 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We have ONE HIGH PRIEST JESUS CHRIST
A Jewish priest in a Christian temple.

How funny.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497129 Dec 3, 2013
CONTINUED
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye ( THE GENTILES ) who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
JESUS ABOLISHED THE LAW...HE DID NOT ABOLISH THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT
NOTE
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
JESUS
Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me/BOTH THE JEWS AND THE GENTILES free from the law of sin and death.
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God
in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace
to you which were afar off, and
to them that were nigh.
NOTE
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
BOTH THE JEW AND THE GENTILES-->
Eph 2:20 And -->are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together
for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Though He knew,what would happen to His people ..I would think a great deal.of Jesus,weeping is,over His,Chosen and how,they've been treated.
Every Jew,mistreated was related by blood to Our Lord in His,incarnation..AND RELATED BY BLOOD TO HIS MOTHER ...if you think on it TO PETER TOO ..just bought of it that way .

Peter was always,Jewish ...so was,Mary and her Son ...And yet anti Semitism flourished ...during the middle,ages ruled by RCC domination.

But now,to think the,RCC really sees,itself as A replacement for the,APPLE of His,eyes ..just floors,me ...really ..

There,has,been NO permanent Replacement ..we were grafted in ...same tree ...

Yes the blood of our Lord replaced the blood of Calves,...But God never goes back on His,promise
And it was to Abraham ..the Aposles will HAVR horned over ISRAEL.And her Sons ...And it won't be in Rome ..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497130 Dec 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that knowledgeable about Frankl, The Search for meaning, and Logotherapy?
Man’s Search for meaning, by Victor E. Frankl.

The Meaning of Life

I doubt whether a doctor can answer this question in general terms. For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person’s life at a given moment.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497131 Dec 3, 2013
Thrones over ISRAEL ...for each of the twelve tribes .

The number of Apostles was NOT arbitrary or coincidence .

It was ordained by God ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497132 Dec 3, 2013
I've never had an abortion, so from my perspective, I have no right to judge women when THEY have abortions. Maybe if I were in their shoes, I would do the same.

As I am heterosexual, I have no right to judge what homosexuals do, as without being them, I can't possibly understand them.

But for seventy years of my life I was in religion, so I believe I do have a right to make plenty of comments about religion.

Whether you agree with me or not ... is your choice.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497133 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Thrones over ISRAEL ...for each of the twelve tribes .
The number of Apostles was NOT arbitrary or coincidence .
It was ordained by God ...
Would that be by the god when he favored Jews, or when he favored Catholics, or when he favored Muslims, or when he favored Protestants. What MOOD was he in THAT minute of his "life?"

You have to be more specific, or you could mislead those who are not as wise as are you.

Sarcasm intended.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497134 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is the Kingdom of God on earth, the new Israel (Jesus said in Matthew 21:43 that he was taking the Kingdom away from Israel, and giving it to a nation that will produce the fruits of it - namely, the Catholic Church), and is modeled after David's Kingdom, with a huge temple (the Vatican), a prime minister (our Pope), a sacred tabernacle containing the Ark of the Covenant (our tabernacle containing the Eucharist), officers who take care of the kingdom (our Cardinals and bishops), high priests (our priests), a Passover Meal (our Eucharist), and a Queen Mother (The Blessed Virgin Mary).
http://www.catholicbible101.com/thechurchthen...
God Bless.
IS,THIS,DOGMA,..or theory ..

Have to wonder if he,POPE,told,this,to Netanyahu the other day .

We,are the,New,Israel of God,and the,Vatican is,the,New,Temple,.

GreAt conversation if he did .

is,it dogma,???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497135 Dec 3, 2013
Man’s Search for meaning, by Victor E. Frankl.

The Meaning of Life

To put the question in general terms would be comparable to the question posed to a chess champion:“Tell me Master, what is the best move in the world?” There simply is no such thing as the best or ever a good move apart from a particular situation in a game and the particular personality of one’s opponent. The same holds for human existence. One should not search for an abstract meaning of life.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497136 Dec 3, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen pictures only.
Never been there.
Cool, it does surprise me that another person would even recognize it since it was some art graffiti in Honolulu.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497137 Dec 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
God speaks thru Prophets and Paul was no prophet of God.
He was also not an Apostle of Jesus, he never met Jesus in his life...what Paul writes is of his "own authority and his own claims".
He never quotes any statement of Jesus in all his books.
It is so strange that Christians think that he was an apostle of Jesus.
Paul encountered the resurrected Jesus on the road to Damascus and that the words he wrote which were included in the New Testament were inspired by the Holy Spirit and accurately convey God's message to the world.

You need to sit back and ask how a sex pervert named mo could be a prophet of allah. I have more respect for mo of the three stooges.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497138 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IS,THIS,DOGMA,..or theory ..
Have to wonder if he,POPE,told,this,to Netanyahu the other day .
We,are the,New,Israel of God,and the,Vatican is,the,New,Temple,.
GreAt conversation if he did .
is,it dogma,???
TYPOLOGY AND THE NEW ISRAEL

According to the typological method, God’s promises to Abraham and his descendents were fulfilled through
Christ and His Church. One Orthodox scholar has written:“In Christ, then, the covenant with Israel was fulfilled, transformed, and transcended. After the coming of the Messiah—the Incarnation of God the Son—only those who are ‘built into Christ’ are counted among the people of God. In Christ, the old Israel is superseded by the Christian Church, the new Israel, the body of
Christ; the old covenant is completed in the new covenant in and through Jesus Christ”(George Cronk, The Message of the Bible; St. Vladimir Seminary
Press; 1982, p. 80).
http://www.antiochian.org/Orthodox_Church_Who...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497139 Dec 3, 2013
abstract

adjective

existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.

https://www.google.ca/#q=abstract+definition
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497140 Dec 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> Paul encountered the resurrected Jesus on the road to Damascus and that the words he wrote which were included in the New Testament were inspired by the Holy Spirit and accurately convey God's message to the world.
That's what one or another theologian wrote ... anyway.

Believe it or NOT!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497141 Dec 3, 2013
who=" Anthony MN" <quoted text>
(Note to self, Confrinting calls the written Word of God a "broken record". Remember this the next time he says Catholics reject the bible.)
I suppose this "broken record" should be ignored as well?
14 So much I tell thee by letter, although I hope to pay thee a visit before long; 15 so that, if I am slow in coming, thou mayest be in no doubt over the conduct that is expected of thee in God’s household. By that I mean the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation upon which the truth rests.
----------
Please read the whole chapter (I Tim. 3).
1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, THE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having HIS CHILDREN in subjection with all gravity;
1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
1Ti 3:8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
1Ti 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
1Ti 3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
1Ti 3:11 Even so must their WIVES be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
1Ti 3:12 Let the DEACONS be the HUSBANDS OF ONE WIFE, ruling their children and their own houses well.
1Ti 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 3:14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:
1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, THAT YOU MAY KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE YOURSELF IN THE HOUSE OF GOD, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
----------
CC's have no wives or children. DUI's are a problem for those 'given to wine'. Scandals among (some of) the CC 'ministry' shows that someone doesn't know how they ought to behave themselves in the house of God.
KayMarie
I knew,I'd heard the term Replacement Theology ..But I bought it meant something else ..no wonder I'm surprised at this,...teAching

No wonder it was ok to be,anti Semitic ...for shame

http://www.therefinersfire.org/replacement_th...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497142 Dec 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
TYPOLOGY AND THE NEW ISRAEL
All religious words were written by theologians, who were willing and ready to govern your thoughts FOR you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497143 Dec 3, 2013
WHAT AN EYE OPENER..

The PRIDE involved ...
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#497144 Dec 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> Paul encountered the resurrected Jesus on the road to Damascus and that the words he wrote which were included in the New Testament were inspired by the Holy Spirit and accurately convey God's message to the world.
You need to sit back and ask how a sex pervert named mo could be a prophet of allah. I have more respect for mo of the three stooges.
That is Paul's own claim!!

No one else saw resurrected Jesus and even Paul did not see Jesus, he only "heard" a voice.

And in NONE of his letters he said "Jesus told me such and such"....he passes his OWN philosophy as Jesus'.

By the way, why are you PRETENDING to be a Christian, when you are an Atheist?

Whom are you trying to fool?

When you post to Christians, you make fun of their beliefs and here you are confirming that Paul was an apostle of Jesus?

Two faced? Is that you?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497145 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO DO THE SAME THING THAT THE MUSLIMS
ARE DOING...
THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO STEAL THE PHYSICAL INHERITANCE OF ISRAEL
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPT THEFT OF ISRAELS SPIRITUAL HERITAGE..
AND CLAIM FOR YOU OWN THE HERITAGE OF ALL CHRISTIANS
BY FORGERY OF THE COVENANT/WILL OF JESUS CHRIST THE TESTATOER WHO HAS SIGNED IT WITH HIS BLOOD SAID IT IS FINISHED AND SEALED IT WITH HIS LIFE..
BUT FORGET THAT JESUS ROSE AGAIN..AND
IS THE LIVING EXECUTOR OF HIS WILL
AND HE KNOW WHAT IS WRITTEN IN IT...
YOU ..IN YOUR ABJECT IGNORANCE THINK YOU CAN GET BY WITH IT...
BUT JESUS IS ALIVE TO EXECUTE
THE WILL OF WHICH HE IS THE TESTATOR...THE ONE WHO WROTE IT...
AND TOO YOUR SORROW YOU WILL FIND ....HE HAS NO EXEC'UTRIX,
EXEC'UTRIX, n. A female executor; a woman appointed by a testator to execute his will.[The latter word is generally used.]
In case you didn't see this,
Spells it out ..And why it's not right ..not that it isn't obvious,
truth

Perth, Australia

#497146 Dec 3, 2013
see where is that y
way=trafic=money

What is written
they not serve God
they serve interest for money..
yee
see timmoty say
its for money

now
see
don't sell trafic roads
find why as well on which name..
secrets is secrets

now

o kliko mali
tako su te zvali
kad je striko posho
u ljube i vidio neke ljude
striko stliko kliko
ti si bio mali
kupi mi kiko
dvi kikiriki bombone
umotane u strafne
prafne u papire krasne..

klik kilik
strafne = klik kliko koliko
trafic jam
put on road as screenning numbers remove police volice nevolice

trafic diploma za innovaciju i kompjuterizaciju je dobra..

neprodaji ceste
postavi unutar ceste innovaciju sa scrining kako prave strafne
klik brojevi se sami broje

i pogledaj kliko mali
koliko bruje i zuje
kako lete i prelete
za dvi kikiriki i koliki broj$

nkht
nkht

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web