Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646363 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497073 Dec 3, 2013
When Martin Luther left Catholicism, he had no use for Catholic dogma ... except when it was to his benefit.

Luther placed high value on Augustine's "Just War theory" for his own use in putting heretics to death in the name of the one god that he previously worshipped when he was a Catholic, but then worshipped as a Protestant.

Wherever there is religion ... there will lies.
truth

Perth, Australia

#497074 Dec 3, 2013
no june you know you are not good thinker..

if Jesus give forgiveness to poor thief's
if give forgiveness to sick and rich
if give forgiveness as adulatory
see
how many example Jesus going give forgiveness..

Are you for sure what someone wrote in truth is only truth?
How many books Jesus wrote?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497075 Dec 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Yes I do. He asked for evidence, I gave it to him. Actually the fact that you are alive and well and posting on a discussion board should be sufficient for him. I do wish you both well.

----------
I wish you well...and I believe that you are sincere.

I am alive because 'GOD holds my days in His hands.' That is what the Word declares.

Please understand that the Protestants (real ones) are concerned for Catholics because their/your hope is in Christ AND the RCC. I appreciate my fellow Christians (all of them), but none of them can save me, and none of them has the power to excommunicate me.
Jesus IS salvation...and, "There is ONE NAME given under heaven whereby a man might be saved."

Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#497076 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT...
Did Jesus tell you that he came to earth to save only Protestants?

:)

#497077 Dec 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" One man who survived a concentration camp stated that he could tell when a man was about to die from fatigue and starvation. And that was when he traded his last bit of food for a cigarette.

----------

Traded (not GAVE) his FOOD for a DRUG.

KM

#497078 Dec 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
Not yet ... but it could happen to any of us ... even YOU arrogant preacher of fluff!
If I am starving, I guarantee that without a fight others won't get MY slice of bread.

----------
THAT is 'arrogance'...and you will be one of the first to starve to death (or die fighting for that bread).

KM

Prince George, Canada

#497079 Dec 3, 2013
The Just War theory is an authoritative Catholic Church teaching confirmed by the United States Catholic Bishops in their pastoral letter, The Challenge of Peace: God's Promise and Our Response, issued in 1983. More recently, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, in paragraph 2309, lists four strict conditions for "legitimate defense by military force":
the damage inflicted by the aggressor on the nation or community of nations must be lasting, grave, and certain;
all other means of putting an end to it must have been shown to be impractical or ineffective;
there must be serious prospects of success;
the use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated. The power as well as the precision of modern means of destruction weighs very heavily in evaluating this condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory #...
truth

Perth, Australia

#497080 Dec 3, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#497081 Dec 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" One man who survived a concentration camp stated that he could tell when a man was about to die from fatigue and starvation. And that was when he traded his last bit of food for a cigarette.
----------
Traded (not GAVE) his FOOD for a DRUG.
KM
What's your point oh self-perceived holy preacher???

It was a fair trade. If I knew I was dying, I might also decide a cigarette would calm my nerves more than a crust of bread.

But it seems that YOU believe you are too holy to stoop so low.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#497082 Dec 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
Not yet ... but it could happen to any of us ... even YOU arrogant preacher of fluff!
If I am starving, I guarantee that without a fight others won't get MY slice of bread.
----------
THAT is 'arrogance'...and you will be one of the first to starve to death (or die fighting for that bread).
KM
Actually it's humility to show that I could also become aggressive if I believed that survival was a MUST.

You are simply so arrogant as to believe that you are flying above the earth with a saintly halo of white light around your head as you prepare for take-off.

Prince George, Canada

#497083 Dec 3, 2013
truth wrote:
NONE!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#497084 Dec 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
...I am a member of an SBC church!!!!!
I won't hold that against you.

Lots of folks are confused.
truth

Perth, Australia

#497085 Dec 3, 2013
many male as man serving in army during war..are you judging them because every helthy man must go in army..are you for sure young childreen under 18 are mature inaf or adolts which have to go under plain which somebody created but they did not know why..simply go fight for this or that side.

no you can't judge soldiers..god don't judge anyone..no..

see
it is written
I establish you on every river like oceans water as inhabitant of this planet that you can lived and have feed yourself.
look what inhabitant done..
How m,any war they do for food water place valley mountains power this or that?

Are you for sure Creator don't know nature of humans?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#497086 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's humility to show that I could also become aggressive if I believed that survival was a MUST.
You are simply so arrogant as to believe that you are flying above the earth with a saintly halo of white light around your head as you prepare for take-off.
you really need to take a lude, goofy.

#497087 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497088 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WRITE
(Jesus said in Matthew 21:43 that he was taking the Kingdom away from Israel, and giving it to a nation that will produce the fruits of it - namely, the Catholic Church),
IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS
JESUS SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT...
WHY DO YOU CONTINUOUSLY LIE.?..AND ON GOD YET ?...
Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
THERE IS NO PLACE WHERE YOU LIARS CAN FIND IN THE BIBLE....THAT JESUS
GAVE THE KINGDOM OF GOD TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
TO BEGAIN WITH YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE REJECT
JESUS ..
.THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS ...(THE JEWS) REJECTED)
AND HAVE ATTEMPTED
TO REPLACE HIM WITH A CORRUPTIBLE MAN CALLED PETER...
YOU ARE AS IGNORANT AS TOMBSTONE...WITH OUT AN EPITAPH
AND AS DEAD AS THE CORPS THAT LIES BENEATH IT.
Mat_23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jona; it is not flesh and blood, it is my Father in heaven that has revealed this to thee. 18 And I tell thee this in my turn, that thou art Peter, and it is upon this rock that I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
truth

Perth, Australia

#497089 Dec 3, 2013
if God make convent with Abraham..what say for that..
as send in sea you will be in great number everywhere..

it is written
Why Abraham need blessing?
curse upon curse

What Christ say;' o you vipers wolfs scribe pharisee and so on..'

see
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497090 Dec 3, 2013
Yes I do. He asked for evidence, I gave it to him. Actually the fact that you are alive and well and posting on a discussion board should be sufficient for him. I do wish you both well.
----------
I am alive because 'GOD holds my days in His hands.' That is what the Word declares.
Please understand that the Protestants (real ones) are concerned for Catholics because their/your hope is in Christ AND the RCC. I appreciate my fellow Christians (all of them), but none of them can save me, and none of them has the power to excommunicate me.
Jesus IS salvation...and, "There is ONE NAME given under heaven whereby a man might be saved."
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
KayMarie
Don't be concerned about us, our faith is in Christ. Concern yourselves with being the best Christians you can be.

#497091 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jona; it is not flesh and blood, it is my Father in heaven that has revealed this to thee. 18 And I tell thee this in my turn, that thou art Peter, and it is upon this rock that I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
like a broken record you Roman Catholics play your assumption presumptuousness...over and over again...

Each time you do it ...It still makes no mention of a Roman Catholic

Church...any more that when you posted it the first time...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497092 Dec 3, 2013
----------
KayMarie
You wrote: "Please understand that the Protestants (real ones) are concerned for Catholics because their/your hope is in Christ AND the RCC."
----------
Why did you have to ruin a perfectly lovely post by saying something so patently untrue? And you state it as a fact, not even preceded by a humble "We think" or "We're under the impression"...as if you could possibly know such a thing.

Our hope is in God alone, Kay. Since the Church is of Christ, she was born from His side, we revere her as the loving mother she is...but she is not Him.

As St. John Chrysostom so eloquently put it:

“There flowed from his side water and blood”. Beloved, do not pass over this mystery without thought; it has yet another hidden meaning, which I will explain to you. I said that water and blood symbolized baptism and the holy eucharist. From these two sacraments the Church is born: from baptism,“the cleansing water that gives rebirth and renewal through the Holy Spirit”, and from the holy eucharist. Since the symbols of baptism and the Eucharist flowed from his side, it was from his side that Christ fashioned the Church, as he had fashioned Eve from the side of Adam Moses gives a hint of this when he tells the story of the first man and makes him exclaim:“Bone from my bones and flesh from my flesh!” As God then took a rib from Adam’s side to fashion a woman, so Christ has given us blood and water from his side to fashion the Church. God took the rib when Adam was in a deep sleep, and in the same way Christ gave us the blood and the water after his own death.

Do you understand, then, how Christ has united his bride to himself and what food he gives us all to eat? By one and the same food we are both brought into being and nourished. As a woman nourishes her child with her own blood and milk, so does Christ unceasingly nourish with his own blood those to whom he himself has given life."
http://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/library_a...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web