Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
479,341 - 479,360 of 533,566 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
ReginaM

Peace

A very interesting article.

I find, that "Ordered time" after Pentecost, I used to desire it to go one forever, while reciting the Liturgy of the Hours....

But in getting older, it seems I live more a seasonal life, than one "on the clock". And summer, down here in the South is very long....

Today, and tomorrow we are having some mid-70 degree weather, and very humid!!! In fact, I have the doors and windows open to the house, and my brow is sweating.(smiles)

So now, looking for Advent, I feel the summer is near an end. The Satsuma trees are perfectly ripe right now, pecans are falling, and persimmons picked at last. So hurray for Advent Season.

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

The Jews had a choice to make.

Either they had to believe that their god had turned against them to in turn LOVE the Catholics ... OR ... Jesus was a fake messiah ... OR ... that there was no creator.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Marin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with everything ...But Religion is,NOT necessarily God ..God has been taken out of public discourse .. next we,know,the crossed and,Davidic Stars,,will ..well the,secularists will TRY to get them out of the military cemeteries,..this,I think though MIGHT awake people up..so far they only whisper about it . Except on Topix ..
But groups,get donations,to search out little,towns,to harass,..travel thousands,of miles,to be OFFENDED by Nativity displays,in town squares..
That's,a,religion ..they even have ministers,...But say no it's,not ...atheism. Faith in non belief ..in man ..in science .
I'm so glad if I sed a Salatiin Army kettle,I'll give ...so many stores
Won't let them ..And,REAL carols,in a,store,..I'll shop in ..REAL carols,..But thrush or may not say Merry Christmas,..I like it as it's,kind of saying we are with your Christmas sentiment ..even if we can't say so ...
Remember a,few,years ago the,big attendances saying it ..Sears,finally put up little,signs,..I mean they make a great deal of money ..from CHRISTMAS,SHOPPING ...a,Nativity used to be in malls,.
I stared protesting decades,ago ..if I saw allot that said,XMAS trees,
I'd tell them WHY I'd not be buying a tree there ..I hate that and,th a one has been going on for decades,
The more we push God out..the,worse,we,are as a,nation..now history is,not telling kids,this,was,a nation settled by those who believed in a,Creator God ..
RoSesz

Well..., I am not so sure. We tend to look nostalgically into our recent history going from a rather optimistic, can-do attitude, but the baby-boomer time is setting quickly, and so many are disillusioned at where we are today in the world.

It is difficult to resolve not being in the world, and not of it, as one sits nearer to their own mortal end.

I think the fight for Christianity has changed locations, that the Holy Spirit manifests where it is needed, and does the most good.
We would like God to remain.

It is perhaps best to consider one's neighbors and do good for them, rather than insist upon them some change they cannot relate to.

Christianity will survive, not as we know it, but better....

Peace

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

That Apostate Redeemer

Although it quickly miscarried, a grandiose messianic movement arose in September 1665 at Smyrna: before a frenzied crowd, Sabbatai Zwi (1626-76) proclaimed himself the Messiah of Israel.

Throughout the Jewish world, the news of the Messiah’s coming aroused an unequalled enthusiasm.

Sabbatianism represents the first serious deviation in Judaism since the middle ages, and the first of those mystical ideas that led directly to the disintegration of orthodoxy.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity will survive, not as we know it, but better....
Even better than Judaism???

Within the theology, that would be NEWS to the one and only Abrahamic god Jehovah.

:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are just too many references from Jesus, the Apostles and the Church fathers to the Deuterocanonical Books. There are literally hundreds. Some are direct quotes and others are very very close (Matt 7:16,20 - Sir 27:6. Matt 7:12 -Tobit 4:15)
Check this link out if you are serious in learning about it.
www.scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanon.html
well, just look at the verses in RED, those are coming from Jesus.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are just too many references from Jesus, the Apostles and the Church fathers to the Deuterocanonical Books. There are literally hundreds. Some are direct quotes and others are very very close (Matt 7:16,20 - Sir 27:6. Matt 7:12 -Tobit 4:15)
Check this link out if you are serious in learning about it.
www.scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanon.html
Prove that any of what you say are direct quotes?

Anyone can say anything. Haven't you learned that by now.

Again, there is not one statement in our historical records from 4 BCE to 30AD that there was a miracle god man named Jesus.

WHY?.........Devasting!
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR CHURCH IS THE ONE THAT INVENTED THE CANONIZATION OF SAINTS...
SO YOUR INVENTION HAS BROUGHT ABOUT THE END RESULTS THAT WE HAVE TODAY...
BESIDES
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ....A GREAT MAN OF GOD...
IT IS THE MAN ....THAT ALLOWS GOD ... TO BE GREAT IN HIM ...THAT
WILL
BE REWARDED.
Amen Confrinting. We have a Great God; without Him man is nothing

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We provide food, shelter, clothing, counseling, monetary support, job placement services, education and much more at my Local Church. We could sell the acreage it sits on (which was bought and paid for many years ago by the congregation) to commercial developers for millions. Where would the poor go to after the money was gone?
...otehr charity organizations.

You do realize that your church doesn't hold exclusive rights to the poor, right?

I think you are over-zealous about anything your church does and don't realize that many organizations do the same "giving" as the RCC, and many are not affiliated to religion.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Nicholas was a great man.
My Church celebrates the Nativity of the Lord. My Church doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the commercialization of Christmas. I suggest you dust off a history book and you'll find today's gimmicks were developed by protestants.
You never bought your kids toys at every christmas? You don't put up a christmas tree and decorations?

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

"Muslim-Jew" ... now there is a "mouthful."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The first person to have written the story of the Grail and to have communicated it to Kiot was the “pagan”(Muslim-Jew) sage Flegetanis.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well, just look at the verses in RED, those are coming from Jesus.
Do you suppose Jehovah colored the ink red as a warning that Jesus was a fake messiah???

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
These calls though are reminiscent of the Apostle Judas who protested at Mary Magdalene’s use of costly ointment on the feet of Jesus’ which was followed by the Gospel writers’ astute comment,“he did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief”. How many of those who criticise the Church for her alleged wealth are concerned about the poor rather than simply desiring to bring down the influence of Christianity in society? It is not wealth in and of itself that is evil but an inordinate attachment to it. None the less the Church does and shouldremembering most often in mission countries who have no one else to turn too. The Vatican Bank, or more properly, the Institute for the Works of Religion, controls a much larger amount of money estimated to be around $6 billion, however most of it is not the money of the Vatican but religious orders, dioceses and Catholic organisations which use the money for their particular work of ministry and charity.
The specific ‘wealth’ of the Vatican does not cover the many dioceses in individual nations which essentially manage their own expenditure. As an example, it has been estimated by The Economist that the Catholic Church in the USA spends collectively in excess of $170 billion each year but this is not on caviar and fine wine. The money goes to fund healthcare, universities, schools, parishes, charities and the payroll of the one million people who work for the Church and make it all happen (this includes the tens of thousands of priests and religious who give their lives for Christ and the service of the Church and must be thus housed and provided for).
Those who think the Catholic Church has a lot of money are correct but those who think the Church holds onto money for the sake of it are incorrect. The Catholic Church is not a ‘fly by night’ organisation that is flippant about money. Working to bring the message of Jesus Christ to every generation and to serve the needs of humanity requires funds, and as the single most charitable private organisation on the planet the Catholic Church uses its money as a wise steward should.
http://caritasetveritas.com/2013/03/the-myth-...
.........Give me a break! You have more BS! excuses to try and explain away the wealth of the church.(lol)

.....Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth.
.....Your church is the largest real estate empire in the world.

......The vatican has its own bank.! and twice in the past 25 years has been charged with money laundering. You OK with that? Your church has BILLIONS of investments all around the world and EVERY week more money is sent (Peters Pence) from you to the vatican so they can have even more stuff.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
I love Advent Season!
Ordinary time seems forever. But this Season, since I became Catholic is more intense for me, than the other seasons.
Salvábo te, nóli timére,
égo enim sum Dóminus Déus túus,
Sánctus Israël, Redémptor túus.
You'll need to hurry then...

Plenty of Cyber Monday sales that are just waiting to capitalize upon the season and off "God". Why not enjoy it. Jesus surely would have.

I can see him now - dressed up ringing a bell.

http://www.vermontchristmasco.com/category/cl...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... I found a few of Robert F's castaways as he was shifting gears from one religion to another.
Sounds alot like what you did.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Speaking of being responsible
I did not say the ST NICHOLAS was responsible
I SAID THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS...
YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY ,,, IS THE ONE THAT CREATED/SPAWNED SANTA CLAUSE...
Wrong again confrinting. We celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas on December 6th and the Nativity of The Lord on December 25th.

Protestants came up with Santa Claus, etc.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Someone remarked that a Catholic hospital saved my life. I want to tell you that it is a CHRISTIAN group, some of whose Pastoral Care ministers are Protestant.

Their Catholic pastor who visited me often was overheard at the nurses station, telling how much they enjoyed visiting with me.(It was mutual.)

P.S. I am considering finding some other way to spend my time. I am embarrassed at the display of unkindness I find on a group that is supposed to be 'Christian'. Regardless of what denomination one claims...all of us profess to be 'Christian'.(Those who are not Christian need to see a better example.) Jesus said that 'they will know YOU ARE MY DISCIPLES BY YOUR LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER'.

May ALL of you find the REALITY of a humble loving Christ as you go through this Christmas season. It would make this a more pleasant place. I don't mean this unkindly, but the One Who said to 'love your enemies' surely expects more of us.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND GOD BLESS YOU...

KayMarie

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds alot like what you did.
There's no need for you to be jealous, as you can always buy one of those Gnostic halos at almost any corner store.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Confrinting. We have a Great God; without Him man is nothing
Praise Jehovah ... before it's too late. Off with Protestantism and back ON with Judaism.

Sometimes ya have to back-track to locate the REAL god.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 23 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••