Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650060 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496971 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I do read your links ...the one about St Peter's,..the Vatican replacing the Temple ...That one was memorable ..I really don't need more ..as I think it's,wrong ....totally
"I really don't need more ..as I think it's,wrong ....totally"

Well Rose, you've got it all figured out, you don't have to listen to or learn about any of the things you've formed an opinion on. Did you know that's almost the precise definition of a bigot?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496972 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic church not the small "c" catholic (universal) church which is Christianity and serves Jesus Christ not a pope (vicar). Correct?
Birds of a feather flock together eh?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496973 Dec 3, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he resigned due to health and age. When first elected, he made statement referring to these things in contemplating taking the office or not. As history states, he took office.
He left because he covered up the abuse over and over and over again. It began when he called himself Cardinal Ratzinger. Like Paul Harvey used to say "this is the rest of the story".....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/world/europ...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496974 Dec 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reading, and absorbing as of late, the race within ourselves to be repentant and obedient to God.
Now are in a race with your self, as well as with others???

How funny!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496975 Dec 3, 2013
Karol Józef Wojty&#322;a also known as pope John Paul II. Why do popes change their birth names?

http://www.ibtimes.com/sex-abuse-scandals-lin...

Prince George, Canada

#496976 Dec 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see how accurate you were.....shall we?
How will THIS "sermon" work FOR you ... know-it-all SELF???

Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#496977 Dec 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis has only been in charge for a few months but on December 1 2013 he issued this statement..
..1)Pope Francis Issues Manifesto About Church’s "NEW" Direction.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/12/01/pope...
2) Pope Francis calls for powers to be stripped from Vatican.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...
3) Pope Francis vows to change Vatican thinking. December 2, 2013
Pope Francis indicated he briefly thought about not accepting his position as Pope.
4) http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-francis-vow...
I will give you more when I get back from the dentist.
So these are the changers YOU advocated?
U should be pope!
Sounds to me these are ALL the Pope's ideas.
Thanks for the list, I like how ur very obedient, and u did ur homework well.
[Please keep in mind that the Pope cannot change doctrine on faith and morals. He has no power to distort a single word of Scripture.]

How did the false teeth come out? LOL

Some good reads....
http://www.romereports.com/pg154952-cardinals...
http://jonathanmerritt.religionnews.com/2013/...
“My words are not those of a foe or an opponent,” Francis states.“I am interested only in helping those who are in thrall to an individualistic, indifferent and self-centered mentality to be freed from those unworthy chains”(208).

Weigel suggested that the Pope’s critique of the economy reflected the guiding

principles of Catholic social teaching developed over the past two centuries.

Economic markets, said Weigel,“should serve the common good, which is they

constant teaching of the social-doctrine tradition since Leo XIII. I think the Pope also

realizes that the materialism of the West is a real impediment to the New Evangelization, because it often results in a practical atheism."
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/evangeli...

Prince George, Canada

#496978 Dec 3, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The catholic religion is not only a hoax, but those who call themselves a catholic are lost eternally
Silly people!

You all talk your selves into believing that a Jew loves you and rejects others.

Dumb is dumb is dumb.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496979 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Birds of a feather flock together eh?
Thank you for your wild life presentation regarding birds but how about answering the questions. Try...at least give the appearance of trying to answer. Here you go.....are you able to read and understand the question.

The first quotation was delivered by you, AnthonyMN, and the second quotation from OldJG, asks the questions. How about an answer?

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that he goes out at night with some of the Swiss Guards dressed in plain priest clothes and sits with the poor and homeless, buys them food, gives them money for clothing, etc? Did you know there are no cameras or media?

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
No notoriety? Really? If that was true how did you uncover the information? Mental telepathy? Physhic wizardry? Or National TV?

Prince George, Canada

#496980 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Soon child....soon.
Patience is a virtue.
Sarcasm fun? Sometimes it can be.
Are you a child of Jehovah, or of the OTHER god created in Gnostic imagination???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#496981 Dec 3, 2013
Wacky theology

Every time a preacher preaches Christianity, the one Abrahamic god is forced to leave Judaism and pay full attention to the demands of each and every Christian.

Prince George, Canada

#496982 Dec 3, 2013
More wacky "Gnostic" theology
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Sumerian tradition

It is the Sumerian tradition as an interpretation of the oldest remaining texts of humanity and continued through the gnostic tradition of christianity that Earth was the site for a prison of the very worst and evil beings of a higher order race from the a nearby star system.

http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496984 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your wild life presentation regarding birds but how about answering the questions. Try...at least give the appearance of trying to answer. Here you go.....are you able to read and understand the question.
The first quotation was delivered by you, AnthonyMN, and the second quotation from OldJG, asks the questions. How about an answer?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that he goes out at night with some of the Swiss Guards dressed in plain priest clothes and sits with the poor and homeless, buys them food, gives them money for clothing, etc? Did you know there are no cameras or media?
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
No notoriety? Really? If that was true how did you uncover the information? Mental telepathy? Physhic wizardry? Or National TV?
No problem. He's freaking out the guards because they worry he'll be hurt or even killed (you'd be thrilled I'm sure), so they're telling people.

Now, will you answer my question that's been left hanging out there for days?

Do you have any written evidence of the existence of protestant evangelical fundamentalists from the period immediately following the completion of the book of Revelation until the reformation 1300+ years later? Did Christianity not exist for 1300 years?

Prince George, Canada

#496985 Dec 3, 2013
And Martin Luther said ... "Listen here GOD, you will henceforth love ONLY Protestants, as MY will, NOT THEY WILL, MUST be done!!!"

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496986 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Karol Józef Wojty&#322;a also known as pope John Paul II. Why do popes change their birth names?
http://www.ibtimes.com/sex-abuse-scandals-lin...
Sure are obsessed with the papacy aren't you? If they had a pope in protestantland you'd be the first to sign up. lol.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#496987 Dec 3, 2013
IT'S NOT ABOUT CATHOLIC PRIESTS
FACT: Catholic priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other males in the general population.
Read more
Notwithstanding the media hysteria over sex abuse in the Catholic Church, priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other males. While even one case of abuse is too many, approximately only 4% of all active priests between 1950 and 2002 were even accused of abuse – a rate far lower than that of other males in the general population.
Newsweek magazine, April 7, 2010:
"[B]ased on the surveys and studies conducted by different denominations over the past 30 years, experts who study child abuse say they see little reason to conclude that sexual abuse is mostly a Catholic issue.'We don't see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this or a place that has a bigger problem than anyone else,' said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children …
"Experts disagree on the rate of sexual abuse among the general American male population, but Allen says a conservative estimate is one in 10. Margaret Leland Smith, a researcher at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, says her review of the numbers indicates it’s closer to one in 5 …
"Since the mid-1980s, insurance companies have offered sexual misconduct coverage as a rider on liability insurance, and their own studies indicate that Catholic churches

are not higher risk than other congregations … It's been that way for decades."

USA Today, June 6, 2010:
"If anyone believes that priests offend at a higher rate than teachers or

non-celibate

clergy,

then they should produce the evidence on which they are basing that

conclusion. I know of none. Saying 'everybody knows' does not constitute scientific methodology."
– Dr. Philip Jenkins, Pennsylvania State University.

Prince George, Canada

#496988 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Soon child....soon.
Patience is a virtue.
Sarcasm fun? Sometimes it can be.
I wonder where you believe your SELF's "knowledge" fits in the follow milieu?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….

The Gnostics blended with the faith of Christ many sublime but obscure tenets, which they derived from oriental philosophy, and even from the religion of Zoroaster, concerning the eternity of matter, the existence of the two principles, and the mysterious hierarchy of the invisible world. As soon as they launched out into the vast abyss, they delivered themselves to the guidance of disordered imagination; and as the paths of error are various and infinite, the Gnostics were imperceptibly divided into more than fifty particular sects, of whom the most celebrated appear to have been the Basilidians, the Valentinians, the Marcionites, and, in a still later period, the Manichaeaens. Each of these sects could boast of its bishops and congregations, of its doctors and martyrs; and, instead of the Four Gospels adopted by the church, the heretics produced a multitude of histories, in which the actions and discourses of Christ and his apostles were adapted to their respective tenets.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#496989 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now are in a race with your self, as well as with others???
How funny!
June

You quit the race, and gave up!

I really appreciate some of the questions you raise, but most are to ridiculous to reply to.

You might try inching your way back to the RACE and begin again towards compassion....

Most of your remarks begin and end with a single post....Try holding a conversation through a few of posts, and you can get back on track, and start running again....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#496990 Dec 3, 2013
following milieu

Prince George, Canada

#496991 Dec 3, 2013
I will share the following information with those who suffer from asthma.

About 10 days ago, I started to take cinnamon with honey and water and since then haven't been bothered with the heavy wheezing that comes with asthma. My lungs are clear of debris. I can't say that it will continue this way, but I haven't had to take any sprays whatsoever. I talked with my physician and he said that cinnamon is an anti-inflammatory and asthma is inflammation.

I take one teaspoon of cinnamon a day, try to eat a good diet and I sleep well at night. What a relief.

I hope cinnamon helps others as so far it helps me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 1 hr VACCINES MAIM KILL 5
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Sun make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web