Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599782 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#496672 Dec 2, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
New Living Translation
There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. This means the Jewish ways are no longer in existence, and neither are the Gentiles. All that exist are the ways that the New Testament say, no other ways exist. We are to worship God as the New Testament commands us to. We are all members of the church spoken of in Matthew 16:18 which Jesus said he would build and that church was open on the day of Pentecost in the year 33 AD when Peter was speaking to a large crowd and the people asked them what must we do to be saved, and Peter replied, you must be baptized. That day God added 3,000 souls to the church that Jesus said he would build and indeed he built it because as I just said God added 3,000 souls to it on the day of Pentecost in the year 33 AD. That church that Jesus built and God added 3,000 souls is the Church of Christ. The Church of Christ is the only church that worships according to God, no other church does this, NONE. If you are not a member of the Church of Christ you are lost in your sins, so I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and get baptized so you to can be called a Christian. There is no other way to become a Christian except by getting baptized by the Church of Christ.
Are,you putting passages,together for this,...NLT IS ,NOT written as,a,narrative .... is,written chapter and verse,just like other translations,...it's,modem language,but very good,for teAching and comprehension ...

But it's,not written like that you quoted

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#496673 Dec 2, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
wasup says....
......what i am, sir, is a MAN who happens to believe in God's Son.
Michael says.......I thought the Son was God.
UNBELIEVABLE!
it may be unbelievable to you, but it's very believalbe to me.

are you gonna put up some evidence to the contrary or are you just another cyber bully who's all wind and no action?;)
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496674 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
November 14, 2009
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert
June

Fear does motivate people. For you, fear of losing your computer must be ongoing for you....(smile)

But in religion, fear of sin is often a first phase in attaining some peace of mind. Granted such fear is imperfect. Most people do not enjoy loss.

But as one pursues piety, love overcomes fear. And love is perfect.

Regretably, you love your computer so much that your fear is heightened by its possible loss....(smile)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#496675 Dec 2, 2013
who="Chess" <quoted text>
He's been coming soon for 2,000 years, hon.
It ain't happening.

----------
Are YOU in for a surprise!

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

It will be in His time, not yours...

KayMarie

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#496676 Dec 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
2) how the hell do i know what YOUR "fruit" is just from a few things you said on the internet??? i.e.;
how are your relationships in life - BEEN MARRIED 61 YEARS
how are your children turning out -!
OUT OF THE SEVEN BY BIRTH
AND TWO ADOPTED..
MOST OF THE ARE CHRISTIANS...
NO ALCOHOLICS, NO DRUG ADITDS
NONE addicted ...
HAVE ABOVE 45 GRAND AND GREAT GRAND CHILDREN
how's your health - IN EXCELLENT HEATH AT 79 YEARS
financial situation - GOD HAS PROVIDED
are you addicted to stuff... ONLY TO GOD AND HIS REAL CHURCH
.etc?
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
i'm sincerly glad to hear it all

now - how's about showing me some of those fruits of the spirit by being kind and supporting me for standing for Christ among religious pagans who believe in praying to a queen mother of heaven and from the vicious antichrists?:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496677 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
lol...
I can admit mistakes! Can you, Always Wrong June?
Going through a dry desert, so dry, that dying is better than desiring water....
I can see what it was.
Peace
Which one of your "choices" was a mistake Robert F???

I'll bet you don't intend on leaving THAT choice up to "Jehovah" to decide?

:)

Prince George, Canada

#496678 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Fear does motivate people. For you, fear of losing your computer must be ongoing for you....(smile)
But in religion, fear of sin is often a first phase in attaining some peace of mind. Granted such fear is imperfect. Most people do not enjoy loss.
But as one pursues piety, love overcomes fear. And love is perfect.
Regretably, you love your computer so much that your fear is heightened by its possible loss....(smile)
You can't be honest with others as long as you keep trying in vain to escape your mortal self by feigning holiness.

The idea that you believe the god created by the Jews would find you (a Catholic) irresistible ... is great for a laugh ... but not to be taken as a serious matter.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#496679 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Nicholas is responsible for Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer?
That's like saying Alexander Fleming is responsible for the corruption in big pharmaceutical companies.
Hatred and bigotry will condemn your soul confrint. I pray for you.
~~~
Speaking of being responsible

I did not say the ST NICHOLAS was responsible

I SAID THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS...

YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY ,,, IS THE ONE THAT CREATED/SPAWNED SANTA CLAUSE...
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496680 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
(we must be profitable to God)
2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
NOTE
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
It is not our profit we work for ..
only God's
confrInting

Peace

Honestly, I am not sure..., On the one hand, we make ourselves available to God, as Christians. We learn scriptures, pray, and try to live a virtuous life.

Whether God uses this is questionable. We can put the Gospel Message out there, but others still have the choice of becoming a Christian. God is available.

So many people are turned away by a self-righteous attitude, whether real or perceived(by them), that Christianity has lost its humility and innocence.

God does not force the Truth on people to become Christians, rather it is a standing invitation, and we are only unworthy messengers....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#496681 Dec 2, 2013
Are YOU in for a surprise!
As you believe you were called by Jehovah to preach truth ... what do you suppose will be YOUR Protestant surprise???

Sign on Jehovah's gate ... "NO Catholics, Muslims or Protestants allowed. Vicious Jewish Guard DOG on duty!"

Prince George, Canada

#496682 Dec 2, 2013
Confrinting with the word ... "I DEMAND MY RIGHTS. JEHOVAH WILL LOVE AND ACCEPT ME, OR I WILL DAMN HIM TO CHRISTIAN HELL. AMEN!!!"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#496683 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
I agree education is an integral part of the solution. But the fact is the poor you will have with you always.(As Jesus said).
Educating a poor person to live a good peaceable life requires a moral base, and that comes from religion. As we have drifted away from religion in this country isn't it obvious that the government educational system has failed....The problem is its all around us, and one cannot see the trees from the forest. I see a lot of unhappy people pursuing pleasures, and addictions(cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, tv, sex). Its only getting worse out there.
The solution is get back to God.
Peace
Agree with everything ...But Religion is,NOT necessarily God ..God has been taken out of public discourse .. next we,know,the crossed and,Davidic Stars,,will ..well the,secularists will TRY to get them out of the military cemeteries,..this,I think though MIGHT awake people up..so far they only whisper about it . Except on Topix ..

But groups,get donations,to search out little,towns,to harass,..travel thousands,of miles,to be OFFENDED by Nativity displays,in town squares..
That's,a,religion ..they even have ministers,...But say no it's,not ...atheism. Faith in non belief ..in man ..in science .

I'm so glad if I sed a Salatiin Army kettle,I'll give ...so many stores
Won't let them ..And,REAL carols,in a,store,..I'll shop in ..REAL carols,..But thrush or may not say Merry Christmas,..I like it as it's,kind of saying we are with your Christmas sentiment ..even if we can't say so ...

Remember a,few,years ago the,big attendances saying it ..Sears,finally put up little,signs,..I mean they make a great deal of money ..from CHRISTMAS,SHOPPING ...a,Nativity used to be in malls,.

I stared protesting decades,ago ..if I saw allot that said,XMAS trees,
I'd tell them WHY I'd not be buying a tree there ..I hate that and,th a one has been going on for decades,

The more we push God out..the,worse,we,are as a,nation..now history is,not telling kids,this,was,a nation settled by those who believed in a,Creator God ..

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#496684 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>can you give me ONE verse in the Mc's that Jesus is speaking or words that others have heard Him say that is conducive to our Salvation?
for the Bible is plain that we are to live by every Word that God speaks. You do know that, Right?
There are just too many references from Jesus, the Apostles and the Church fathers to the Deuterocanonical Books. There are literally hundreds. Some are direct quotes and others are very very close (Matt 7:16,20 - Sir 27:6. Matt 7:12 -Tobit 4:15)

Check this link out if you are serious in learning about it.

www.scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanon.html

Prince George, Canada

#496685 Dec 2, 2013
Leaving the bondage of religion is often very difficult.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“A History of God,” by Karen Armstrong, published 1993, comes the following …

Yet it is also true that even in Auschwitz some Jews continued to study the Talmud and observe the traditional festivals, not because they hoped that God would rescue them but because it made sense. There is a story that one day in Auschwitz, a group of Jews put God on trial. They charged him with cruelty and betrayal. Like Job, they found no consolation in the usual answers to the problem of evil and suffering in the midst of this current obscenity. They could find no excuse for God, no extenuating circumstances, so they found him guilty and, presumably, worthy of death. The Rabbi pronounced the verdict. Then he looked up and said that the trial was over: it was time for the evening prayers.

Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496686 Dec 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
ReginaM

Peace

A very interesting article.

I find, that "Ordered time" after Pentecost, I used to desire it to go one forever, while reciting the Liturgy of the Hours....

But in getting older, it seems I live more a seasonal life, than one "on the clock". And summer, down here in the South is very long....

Today, and tomorrow we are having some mid-70 degree weather, and very humid!!! In fact, I have the doors and windows open to the house, and my brow is sweating.(smiles)

So now, looking for Advent, I feel the summer is near an end. The Satsuma trees are perfectly ripe right now, pecans are falling, and persimmons picked at last. So hurray for Advent Season.

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#496687 Dec 2, 2013
The Jews had a choice to make.

Either they had to believe that their god had turned against them to in turn LOVE the Catholics ... OR ... Jesus was a fake messiah ... OR ... that there was no creator.

Prince George, Canada

#496689 Dec 2, 2013
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Marin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496690 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with everything ...But Religion is,NOT necessarily God ..God has been taken out of public discourse .. next we,know,the crossed and,Davidic Stars,,will ..well the,secularists will TRY to get them out of the military cemeteries,..this,I think though MIGHT awake people up..so far they only whisper about it . Except on Topix ..
But groups,get donations,to search out little,towns,to harass,..travel thousands,of miles,to be OFFENDED by Nativity displays,in town squares..
That's,a,religion ..they even have ministers,...But say no it's,not ...atheism. Faith in non belief ..in man ..in science .
I'm so glad if I sed a Salatiin Army kettle,I'll give ...so many stores
Won't let them ..And,REAL carols,in a,store,..I'll shop in ..REAL carols,..But thrush or may not say Merry Christmas,..I like it as it's,kind of saying we are with your Christmas sentiment ..even if we can't say so ...
Remember a,few,years ago the,big attendances saying it ..Sears,finally put up little,signs,..I mean they make a great deal of money ..from CHRISTMAS,SHOPPING ...a,Nativity used to be in malls,.
I stared protesting decades,ago ..if I saw allot that said,XMAS trees,
I'd tell them WHY I'd not be buying a tree there ..I hate that and,th a one has been going on for decades,
The more we push God out..the,worse,we,are as a,nation..now history is,not telling kids,this,was,a nation settled by those who believed in a,Creator God ..
RoSesz

Well..., I am not so sure. We tend to look nostalgically into our recent history going from a rather optimistic, can-do attitude, but the baby-boomer time is setting quickly, and so many are disillusioned at where we are today in the world.

It is difficult to resolve not being in the world, and not of it, as one sits nearer to their own mortal end.

I think the fight for Christianity has changed locations, that the Holy Spirit manifests where it is needed, and does the most good.
We would like God to remain.

It is perhaps best to consider one's neighbors and do good for them, rather than insist upon them some change they cannot relate to.

Christianity will survive, not as we know it, but better....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#496691 Dec 2, 2013
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

That Apostate Redeemer

Although it quickly miscarried, a grandiose messianic movement arose in September 1665 at Smyrna: before a frenzied crowd, Sabbatai Zwi (1626-76) proclaimed himself the Messiah of Israel.

Throughout the Jewish world, the news of the Messiah’s coming aroused an unequalled enthusiasm.

Sabbatianism represents the first serious deviation in Judaism since the middle ages, and the first of those mystical ideas that led directly to the disintegration of orthodoxy.

Prince George, Canada

#496692 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity will survive, not as we know it, but better....
Even better than Judaism???

Within the theology, that would be NEWS to the one and only Abrahamic god Jehovah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 58 min par five 84,327
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web