Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,313
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#496624 Dec 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you start posting like an adult.
You disagree that the vatican should dispose of its excess wealth? Wouldn't Museums around the world be delighted to have some of the icons that the church has hidden away so the rest of the world can enjoy them?

...Jesus was suppose to be the poorest of the poor, yet the catholic church is the largest real estate holder in the entire world, not counting the billions they have in investments.
.......and every week still ask for more money.

......something is terribly wrong!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496625 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AHHH yes Robert F.... full of his wisdom.
Your church used it's money century after century to support its military to in turn kill off innocent humans as heretics.
And you don't perceive THAT as EVIL.
You are totally dumbed down to the lowest rung on your own ladder.
June

Always Wrong J..., saying such a statement, does not make it so....So if the Roman hierarchy were living in opulence, where did they get the money for an army? Which is it, opulence or army? Common sense knows that armies were mostly enlisted by little tyrants, in Europe for little fiefdoms, and principalities....

Trying to rewrite history. Doesn't surprise me, for someone that's Always Wrong June!

So this is how it must be..., misquoting and rewriting history. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now I just doubt your honesty and veracity. Try and prove me wrong!

Peace
Chess

Columbus, OH

#496626 Dec 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
JESUS IS COMING SOON..
He's been coming soon for 2,000 years, hon.

It ain't happening.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#496627 Dec 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL EVIDENCE points to a young earth. antichrist theories (gaytheism) however, asserts otherwise.
why do you believe the gaytheists; are you gay or just bi-curious?:)
Its obvious you don't believe there were Diansours or the rocks in your own back yard.

8,000 years old,(LOL)! My 5 year old grand daughter knows that bunk!.(lol)

....a young earth...thats a funny one.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#496628 Dec 2, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney Fife theology.
Whadda hoot.
i'll put my fruit up against yours any day of the week;)

btw - did you get your flu shot yet? you know, it IS flu season for y'all......
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#496629 Dec 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what i am, sir, is a MAN who happens to believe in God's Son.
you should try both being a man instead of a panty-waist tattle-tail ninny and believing in God's Son instead of antichrist fairy tales:)
wasup says....
......what i am, sir, is a MAN who happens to believe in God's Son.

Michael says.......I thought the Son was God.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#496630 Dec 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll put my fruit up against yours any day of the week;)
btw - did you get your flu shot yet? you know, it IS flu season for y'all......
Keep your fruits to yourself, goofy.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#496631 Dec 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
1) you should know how to test the spirits whether they're from God or not....
2) how the hell do i know what YOUR "fruit" is just from a few things you said on the internet??? i.e.; how are your relationships in life - how are your children turning out - how's your health - financial situation - are you addicted to stuff....etc?
THOSE are 'fruits' friend, not the few things we say on the internet:)
i'm thinking that because you receive the accusations and side with antichrist spirits against me, perhaps you may be of the spirit of antichrist?
~~~

2) how the hell do i know what YOUR "fruit" is just from a few things you said on the internet??? i.e.;

how are your relationships in life - BEEN MARRIED 61 YEARS

how are your children turning out -!

OUT OF THE SEVEN BY BIRTH

AND TWO ADOPTED..

MOST OF THE ARE CHRISTIANS...

NO ALCOHOLICS, NO DRUG ADITDS

NONE addicted ...

HAVE ABOVE 45 GRAND AND GREAT GRAND CHILDREN

how's your health - IN EXCELLENT HEATH AT 79 YEARS

financial situation - GOD HAS PROVIDED

are you addicted to stuff... ONLY TO GOD AND HIS REAL CHURCH

.etc?

THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#496632 Dec 2, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the one who told us last year you started your SECOND BUSINESS? A second business! Millions of homeless with no job. How much freaken! money do you need?
Talk about HIPOCRITCY!
This discussion board is not the place (nor is there any proper place) to be bragging about what I do with what God has given me. It's also not the proper place to be criticizing the perceived wealth and distribution of that perceived wealth by the ignorant and unaware. Best just to be quiet and do what Christ asks of us.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496633 Dec 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>well here's a shocker for ya...I believe that NO Church should have the wealth like the Vatican has while there is people in need.How about that. But NO Church has the wealth as equal to the Vatican. How's that.
Seraphima

Peace

Those storing up earthly wealth will get what they deserve.

I have noticed you lately have put down the RCC a lot lately because of earthly wealth.

The question is, if the RCC sold all its churches and wealth, and fed the poor, then who would feed them after that?

Jesus did not condemn earthly wealth, or the wealthy. If someone is wealthy, he did not command them to sell it all, and give it to the poor, so in turn they could go to heaven. Rather it is a matter of good stewardship of that wealth, and setting one's sight on heavenly things which is more important.

It is just as tempting for a poor person desiring to be rich, and a rich person desiring earthly wealth and power, to fail at seeking heavenly things....

Peace

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#496634 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic theologians wrote that only Catholics could be saved. And the Protestant theologians wrote that only Protestants could be saved.
And you choose to stand in the dark shadows of your favorite theologians.
God wrote it, and the catholic church is simply a man made church as they have nothing to do with god. If you have read the bible you would know this without a doubt, so read the bible and see what I say is true or not. Tell me, when you pick up a bible and read it do you see anything about a catholic church? No is the answer, because the catholic church isn't the church of the bible, the Church of Christ is. Here's the reason why, the catholic church doesn't worship according to the bible, it's as simple as that. A few church members delighted in the attention the Roman Dignitaries were giving them and they replied by doing as these Dignitaries wished, and that's why they broke off from the Church of Christ and thus you have the man made religion called the catholic church.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#496635 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Custodian!! Well then Anthony I dare you to tell the vatican you would like your share of the wealth that the church is holding for humanity.(lol)

I can't believe catholics fall for this nonsense. BILLIONS of investments all around the world. The largest real estate holder on the planet bar none, and the Pope wants to punish those "others" with wealth....

Is God all about BLING? Or is God all about sharing the wealth?

Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496636 Dec 2, 2013
JESUS IS COMING SOON..
ARE YOU READY
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren,
be ye stedfast,
unmoveable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord,
forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
----
Luk 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
Luk 12:38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
Luk 12:39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Luk 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
confrInting

I would hope all of us on the thread are looking for the moment, the "twinkling of the eye". And working for that moment....

At this time of beginning of the Advent season, the expectation for Catholics, is the remembering of Jesus Christ arrival in the past, and hopeful expectation of his coming....Maranatha!

Peace
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#496637 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Seraphima
Peace
I have noticed you lately have put down the RCC a lot lately because of earthly wealth.
The question is, if the RCC sold all its churches and wealth, and fed the poor, then who would feed them after that?
Jesus did not condemn earthly wealth, or the wealthy. If someone is wealthy, he did not command them to sell it all, and give it to the poor, so in turn they could go to heaven. Rather it is a matter of good stewardship of that wealth, and setting one's sight on heavenly things which is more important.
It is just as tempting for a poor person desiring to be rich, and a rich person desiring earthly wealth and power, to fail at seeking heavenly things....
Peace
Human Being says.......The question is, if the RCC sold all its churches and wealth, and fed the poor, then who would feed them after that?

Michael says.........We have to get the poor to understand priorities. If you claim to be poor your kids shouldn't have Iphones that are more expensive then the ones their teachers own. If you are poor you shouldn't have a pack of cigarettes in your shirt pocket, or a fist full of lottery tickets, or a case of beer in the trunk of the taxi cab they just hired.

We have to seperate the unfortunates from the ones who don't know how to handle what they have..........and there are lots!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#496638 Dec 2, 2013
These calls though are reminiscent of the Apostle Judas who protested at Mary Magdalene’s use of costly ointment on the feet of Jesus’ which was followed by the Gospel writers’ astute comment,“he did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief”. How many of those who criticise the Church for her alleged wealth are concerned about the poor rather than simply desiring to bring down the influence of Christianity in society? It is not wealth in and of itself that is evil but an inordinate attachment to it. None the less the Church does and should have a preferential option for the poor and Pope Francis has rightly expressed his desire for a Church that is poor and for the poor. So just how wealthy is the Catholic Church?
When people think of the supposed wealth of the Church they most likely picture the grandeur of St Peter’s Basilica and the works of art within the walls of the Vatican. It is wise to recall though that the Church does not consider itself the owners of these items but rather the custodians of them for all humanity. For if the Catholic Church had not safeguarded the great treasures of culture for two thousand years through war and through peace, who do we suppose was going to do it? Something else worth remembering is that many of the pieces that are today regarded as great works of art were originally created as works of devotion, and the only reason they have existed long enough to be considered so valuable, is again because the Catholic Church has watched over them with solicitude across the centuries.

The Vatican has for some years publically released its annual budget, although as a sovereign nation it is under no requirement to do so. The Vatican runs with an annual operating budget of around $300 million but keep in mind that the Vatican employs close to 3000 people and supports 1000 retirees. With that same money it keeps St Peter’s Basilica and the key Churches of Rome in operation, it maintains the Vatican museums and provides important missionary services such as the Vatican radio and newspaper. This budget does not include the monies that are sent in from the lay faithful around the world to support the charitable works of the Pope known as ‘Peter’s Pence’. Totaling around $70 million each year, Peter’s Pence is used to support ecclesial communities most often in mission countries who have no one else to turn too. The Vatican Bank, or more properly, the Institute for the Works of Religion, controls a much larger amount of money estimated to be around $6 billion, however most of it is not the money of the Vatican but religious orders, dioceses and Catholic organisations which use the money for their particular work of ministry and charity.

The specific ‘wealth’ of the Vatican does not cover the many dioceses in individual nations which essentially manage their own expenditure. As an example, it has been estimated by The Economist that the Catholic Church in the USA spends collectively in excess of $170 billion each year but this is not on caviar and fine wine. The money goes to fund healthcare, universities, schools, parishes, charities and the payroll of the one million people who work for the Church and make it all happen (this includes the tens of thousands of priests and religious who give their lives for Christ and the service of the Church and must be thus housed and provided for).

Those who think the Catholic Church has a lot of money are correct but those who think the Church holds onto money for the sake of it are incorrect. The Catholic Church is not a ‘fly by night’ organisation that is flippant about money. Working to bring the message of Jesus Christ to every generation and to serve the needs of humanity requires funds, and as the single most charitable private organisation on the planet the Catholic Church uses its money as a wise steward should.

http://caritasetveritas.com/2013/03/the-myth-...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#496639 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
I would hope all of us on the thread are looking for the moment, the "twinkling of the eye". And working for that moment....
At this time of beginning of the Advent season, the expectation for Catholics, is the remembering of Jesus Christ arrival in the past, and hopeful expectation of his coming....Maranatha!
Peace
Amen!! A blessed Advent to you, Robert.

Rorate Caeli...
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#496640 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly.
The CHURCH where I was Baptized shared space with 3different Congregations ..had to merge with a home CHURCH just to make repairs,.
Some of he,evangelistic ministries,..who broadcast and do internet going all over the world ..yes need support.
I like a,lot of Christian TV ..And,think even.the movies,bring a,message that individuals can't convey to certain people,..That takes,money ...to do Gods,work
Ministers,ate entitled to make a living for self and family ..
But big mega churches touting wealth ..I just don't get ..
Internally the,Vatican bank or the,wealth of Rome ..I st the impression the New pope doesn't either ..
Art ..buildings,..all beautiful ..treasures awesome ..But is,this,EHAT JESUS talked about ....NO
Would ST Peter live in the Vatican??? Sit on His,chair ..Wear a,ring to be kissed??? I really don't think.so ...
RoSesz

Peace

To be honest, I am not one impressed with earthly wealth. It comes and goes....

I don't think the new Pope Francis is all that impressed with it. I don't know if he is still in a small apartment. But I think we all have some mixed feelings as he may have possible "liberal" tolerances. You have mentioned it in the past.

How much and in what direction he as one man can affect the RCC remains to be seen.

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496641 Dec 2, 2013
THE INFLUENCE ALONE SPAWNED BY
THE IDOLATRY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
ON THE EARTH IS...
You are quite the Protestant preacher of "LOVE!!!"

You and Martin Luther could have taken on pope Leo X just by flashing your chosen scriptures at him.

How funny you are in your little rooster costume.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#496642 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Seraphima
Peace
Peace
The Parable of the Talents comes to mind.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496643 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
Peace
It's all about YOU and your own reflection ... oh self-centered one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 2 hr Polaris 4
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 4 hr swedenforever 28
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... 4 hr swedenforever 11
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Scales Off 8,913
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web