Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667948 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496873 Dec 3, 2013
marge wrote:
And Kay Marie said she won't post anymore because all of it and she has the best posts, my big big sister.
Kay Marie has the best posts??? That means that YOU are a Protestant and a follower of the Jew-hater Martin Luther who along with the popes labeled all Jews as "Christ-killers."

I suggest that you and your big sister need to find a better pastime.

Prince George, Canada

#496874 Dec 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Only through Jesus, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Then why do you need Kay Marie or Martin Luther to preach to you?

When you find your own FULL worth in YOU, you won't need a bible OR any other nonsense preached by religion.

Prince George, Canada

#496875 Dec 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Jesus was "born", no one knew that every thing was created by him and thru him.
They won't even acknowledge that all religions other than their own also have saviors written into the dogmas.

Religion is all based on salvation in one form or another for SELF. Others will just have to either reincarnate countless times to reach "Nirvana" ... or spend eternity in hells.

Religion is mental JUNK-food for the gullible.

Prince George, Canada

#496877 Dec 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----------
We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread.
They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity—even under the most difficult circumstances—to add a deeper meaning to his life
And there were always choices to make. Every day, every hour, offered the opportunity to make a decision, a decision which determined whether you would or would not submit to those powers which threatened to rob you of your very self, your inner freedom; which determined whether or not you would become the plaything of circumstance, renouncing freedom and dignity to become molded into the form of the typical inmate.
Seen from this point of view, the mental reactions of the inmates of a concentration camp must seem more to us than the mere expression of certain physical and sociological conditions. Even though conditions such as lack of sleep, insufficient food and various mental stresses may suggest that the inmates were bound to react in certain ways, in the final analysis it becomes clear that the sort of person the prisoner became was the result of an inner decision, and not the result of camp influences alone. Fundamentally, therefore, any man can, even under such circumstances, decide what shall become of him—mentally and spiritually. He may retain his human dignity even in a concentration camp. Victor Frankl
I read his words before.

I suggest that the Jews who gave their last slice of bread away knew they were dying anyway, and wanted Jehovah to see them as good humans rather than being selfish.

Those Jews all tried their best to keep living as long as possible.

You and I don't give OUR last slices of bread to the poor. You know it and I know it ... so I suggest you be real and don't play the HOLY GAME with me.

Prince George, Canada

#496878 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who has said Jesus,will forsake us,....most here give testimony to His love ..
Then you haven't paid any attention to what the faithful Jews to Judaism were saying.

They said that Jesus was NOT their messiah, as their messiah would NOT forsake them.

Do you GET that message???

Because of the Christian religion Jews were tortured and put to death century after century after century and all you Christians can yammer about is how Jesus came to save YOU.

Shame on you ... you vultures.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#496879 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't even acknowledge that all religions other than their own also have saviors written into the dogmas.
Religion is all based on salvation in one form or another for SELF. Others will just have to either reincarnate countless times to reach "Nirvana" ... or spend eternity in hells.
Religion is mental JUNK-food for the gullible.
~~~

SO IF CHRISTIANITY IS JUNK FOOD...YOU CLAIM TO BE AND EXPERT

YOU MUST BE RANSACKING A GARBAGE BIN. YOUR A ( A TRASH BIN DIVER)...

RIGHT

YA BEST BE CAREFUL...YA JEST MITE GIT SOM OF IT ON YA..

Prince George, Canada

#496880 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10:28
IMHO "him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" is ourselves.
We humans often give up our humanity in the face of adversity.
We often 'sell our birthright for a mess of pottage'.(Genesis 25:29–34)
Why do you keep posting nonsense from an anti-Semitic lot of lies?

Prince George, Canada

#496881 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that for sure ..And to think on that Cross He felt all of it everything ..he took into Himself ..
And now He must weep every day at our deprAvity and what we do to each other ..
You CHOOSE to be an idiot!

Prince George, Canada

#496882 Dec 3, 2013
marge wrote:
The Whole Armor of God
Pathetic!

Prince George, Canada

#496883 Dec 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Karen Armstrong....An interesting talk by her....
http://www.ted.com/talks/karen_armstrong_make...
Have some compassion....
Peace
Imagine YOU preaching at me to have some compassion, while you willingly believe that most "souls" will end up in hell.

I don't believe in a hell or a heaven. I believe that all humans and other animals deserve compassion to in turn be relieved of all suffering ... which they DON'T receive from you and your imaginary no-name "god."

Prince George, Canada

#496884 Dec 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
3) Pope Francis vows to change Vatican thinking.
That makes one statement to me. If he wants to change Vatican thinking, then he believes they haven't been following the message of any god.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#496885 Dec 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis has only been in charge for a few months but on December 1 2013 he issued this statement..
..1)Pope Francis Issues Manifesto About Church’s "NEW" Direction.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/12/01/pope...
2) Pope Francis calls for powers to be stripped from Vatican.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...
3) Pope Francis vows to change Vatican thinking. December 2, 2013
Pope Francis indicated he briefly thought about not accepting his position as Pope.
4) http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-francis-vow...
I will give you more when I get back from the dentist.
Good for Francis,...though your second link does not work.

It's,almost usual sadly ..large sums,of money attract corruption or misuse or fraud can be perpetrated .

Look at our government . Medicare fraud .. misused funds with our money put into SOLINDRA then disappearing .....money from.our taxes ,..the web page ....money's,either stolen or misused or mishandled .

I'm sure the Vatican bank is not immune ...even if at worst it's just foolisHness,.
I don't understand why a,Cardinal even has,a personal bank account ..large enough to have irregularities ..But may be they do ...

Anyway ..glad the,Pope,is,taking control

#496886 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

Pathetic!
An honest confession is good for the soul...

Prince George, Canada

#496887 Dec 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Love one another....
How quaint! You only use that scripture when it suits your mood.

Had Jesus lived, he turned away from his Jews and that resulted in centuries of bloodshed against the Jews.

HIS love made QUITE the statement to the world.

"I came to teach that ONLY Catholics were worthy of salvation. That is why I CHOSE to be baptized by SAINT John in the river Jordon before I died on the cross."

I knew the Jews would be tortured and killed BEFORE I came to earth, and THAT was my mission."

Religion is based on lies from one end to the other.

Prince George, Canada

#496888 Dec 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm not jealous. In fact, I reject jealousy - because it only brings bad things.
Again, please stop projecting.
Well thanks for sharing how you are not one of the nasty humans that display jealousy.

I'm not there yet with your highness, as I still do suffer from mortal human negative emotions.

Prince George, Canada

#496889 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SO IF CHRISTIANITY IS JUNK FOOD
You believe that all other religion than your own is JUNK FOOD. I simply include your religion into the milieu, and that is the ONLY thing that irritates YOU.

#496890 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for Francis,...though your second link does not work.
It's,almost usual sadly ..large sums,of money attract corruption or misuse or fraud can be perpetrated .
Look at our government . Medicare fraud .. misused funds with our money put into SOLINDRA then disappearing .....money from.our taxes ,..the web page ....money's,either stolen or misused or mishandled .
I'm sure the Vatican bank is not immune ...even if at worst it's just foolisHness,.
I don't understand why a,Cardinal even has,a personal bank account ..large enough to have irregularities ..But may be they do ...
Anyway ..glad the,Pope,is,taking control
~~~~

I don't understand why a,Cardinal even has,a personal bank account

If cardinals have bank accounts, Do they also have social security cards?

Do you think that I could get my parrot on Obama care..after all he is

the epitome of being green? lol

Prince George, Canada

#496891 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
An honest confession is good for the soul...
How would YOU know?

Prince George, Canada

#496892 Dec 3, 2013
The Christian religion is simply a re-warmed version of all other ancient religions.

Good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell.

It's the stuff of pre-school children.

"My dad is better than your dad ... blah, blah, blah."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#496893 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks for sharing how you are not one of the nasty humans that display jealousy.
I'm not there yet with your highness, as I still do suffer from mortal human negative emotions.
And you think I don't?

Wow - your mind was really worked over during the years within Christianity, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 7 hr Rainbow Kid 331
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web