Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653963 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#496603 Dec 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Sell! Sell! Sell! The Vatican and all its belongings and feed the world!!! That would be one heck of a garage sale!! LOL
Why don't you start posting like an adult.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496604 Dec 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares what billy graham preaches when we have the Bible to read for ourselves?!
Obviously not you!

You are overly eager to find salvation for your self and hell for other ... in that bible.

Prince George, Canada

#496605 Dec 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
ARE YOU A PART OF THE VINE...THAT IDENTIFIED WITH CHRIST...
DO OTHERS TAKE KNOWLEDGE OF YOU ..THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WITH JESUS
The question you should be asking your self ... "Is Jesus stupid enough to fall for YOUR lines???"

:)
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#496606 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly.
The CHURCH where I was Baptized shared space with 3different Congregations ..had to merge with a home CHURCH just to make repairs,.
Some of he,evangelistic ministries,..who broadcast and do internet going all over the world ..yes need support.
I like a,lot of Christian TV ..And,think even.the movies,bring a,message that individuals can't convey to certain people,..That takes,money ...to do Gods,work
Ministers,ate entitled to make a living for self and family ..
But big mega churches touting wealth ..I just don't get ..
Internally the,Vatican bank or the,wealth of Rome ..I st the impression the New pope doesn't either ..
Art ..buildings,..all beautiful ..treasures awesome ..But is,this,EHAT JESUS talked about ....NO
Would ST Peter live in the Vatican??? Sit on His,chair ..Wear a,ring to be kissed??? I really don't think.so ...
Rose, you are laughable.“If the Church truly followed Jesus, they’d sell their lavish art, property, and architecture, and give the money to the poor.”

When some people think of Vatican City, what they immediately picture is something like a wealthy kingdom, complete with palatial living accommodations for the pope and chests of gold tucked away in every corner, not to mention the fabulous collection of priceless art and artifacts. Looking at it that way, it’s easy to see how some people would become indignant at what they think is an ostentatious and wasteful show of wealth.

But the truth is something quite different. While the main buildings are called the “Vatican Palace,” it wasn’t built to be the lavish living quarters of the pope. In fact, the residential part of the Vatican is relatively small. The greater portion of the Vatican is given over to purposes of art and science, administration of the Church’s official business, and management of the Palace in general. Quite a number of Church and administrative officials live in the Vatican with the pope, making it more like the Church’s main headquarters.

As for the impressive art collection, truly one of the finest in the world, the Vatican views it as “an irreplaceable treasure,” but not in monetary terms. The pope doesn’t “own” these works of art and couldn’t sell them if he wanted to; they’re merely in the care of the Holy See. The art doesn’t even provide the Church with wealth; actually, it’s just the opposite. The Holy See invests quite a bit of its resources into the upkeep of the collection.

The truth of the matter is that the See has a fairly tight financial budget. So why keep the art? It goes back to a belief in the Church’s mission (one of many) as a civilizing force in the world. Just like the medieval monks who carefully transcribed ancient texts so they would be available to future generations — texts that otherwise would have been lost forever — the Church continues to care for the arts so they will not be forgotten over time. In today’s culture of death where the term “civilization” can only be used loosely, the Church’s civilizing mission is as important today as it ever was.

Prince George, Canada

#496607 Dec 2, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
New Living Translation
There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.
The Catholic theologians wrote that only Catholics could be saved. And the Protestant theologians wrote that only Protestants could be saved.

And you choose to stand in the dark shadows of your favorite theologians.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#496608 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Rose and sera will bring the topic up in the near future, they either want to start an arguement, want attention or just plain dim. Notice they bring up the same subjects over and over again.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#496609 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"How many of those who criticise the Church for her alleged wealth are concerned about the poor rather than simply desiring to bring down the influence of Christianity in society?"
"When people think of the supposed wealth of the Church they most likely picture the grandeur of St Peter’s Basilica and the works of art within the walls of the Vatican. It is wise to recall though that the Church does not consider itself the owners of these items but rather the custodians of them for all humanity. For if the Catholic Church had not safeguarded the great treasures of culture for two thousand years through war and through peace, who do we suppose was going to do it? Something else worth remembering is that many of the pieces that are today regarded as great works of art were originally created as works of devotion, and the only reason they have existed long enough to be considered so valuable, is again because the Catholic Church has watched over them with solicitude across the centuries."
http://www.ignitumtoday.com/2013/07/07/how-we...
You wrote

How many of those who criticise the Church for her alleged wealth are concerned about the poor rather than simply desiring to bring down the influence of Christianity in society?"

___

WHERE IS... THIS GODLY INFLUENCE OF THE ROMAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
THAT YOU BOAST OF?

Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

NOTE
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Prince George, Canada

#496610 Dec 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, you are laughable.“If the Church truly followed Jesus, they’d sell their lavish art, property, and architecture, and give the money to the poor.”
Why don't YOU give all your money to the poor and in turn starve to death.

I for one will be hanging on to my comforts, as I recognize that I am selfish.

Don't come asking for my food when you are hungry, because you won't get any.

Let's be honest. Number one always comes first ... even in your mythical heaven. "Salvation for you ... hell for others."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#496611 Dec 2, 2013
THE INFLUENCE ALONE SPAWNED BY

THE IDOLATRY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...

ON THE EARTH IS...

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#496612 Dec 2, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see. Your magic book written by goat herders 2000 years ago
VS
200 years of proven experiments and real science.
You are proof that evolution is a fact. Your mind is an evolutionary throwback.
so on the one hand you claim to be a jew and on the other you're disrepecting their sacred scriptures....

you are proof that you don't think straight off or on lithium!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#496613 Dec 2, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in YHWY's bastard child which resulted from raping a little girl and whom YHWY abandoned and let die a cruel death.
A disgusting story and an insult to Mary, Jesus and Joseph.
these are words that you'll choke on for all eternity, and THAT isn't even at all funny.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#496614 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
ARE YOU A PART OF THE VINE...THAT IDENTIFIED WITH CHRIST...
DO OTHERS TAKE KNOWLEDGE OF YOU ..THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WITH JESUS
___
Act_4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and
they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
ARE YOU A PARASITE THAT HAS ATTEMPTED TO WRAP IT'S SELF AROUND THE VINE
OR ARE YOU GRAFTED IN?
Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
1) you should know how to test the spirits whether they're from God or not....

2) how the hell do i know what YOUR "fruit" is just from a few things you said on the internet??? i.e.; how are your relationships in life - how are your children turning out - how's your health - financial situation - are you addicted to stuff....etc?

THOSE are 'fruits' friend, not the few things we say on the internet:)

i'm thinking that because you receive the accusations and side with antichrist spirits against me, perhaps you may be of the spirit of antichrist?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#496615 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you and I will roast together in Buddha's hells, while the "enlightened" dalai lama laughs at us from on HIGH.
Won't THAT be fun for ALL involved???
:)
what does any of this have to do with the historical accuracy in the Bible regarding our origin, the Jews and the Christ?

simply believe and receive, June, and it will all come into perfect view....:-)
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#496616 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote
How many of those who criticise the Church for her alleged wealth are concerned about the poor rather than simply desiring to bring down the influence of Christianity in society?"
___
WHERE IS... THIS GODLY INFLUENCE OF THE ROMAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
THAT YOU BOAST OF?
Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
NOTE
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Your wife's life being saved by a Catholic Hospital. God Bless.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#496617 Dec 2, 2013
THE INFLUENCE ALONE SPAWNED BY
THE IDOLATRY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
ON THE EARTH IS...
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Liar.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#496618 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH! Actually your mythical Jesus can be glad he is a myth,'cause if he wasn't, he'd be a traitor to his own father-god Jehovah, who by the way, is also a myth.
Jesus satisfied the commandments in the law that neither you nor the Jews could keep.

what's your problem with God's incredible offer of peace through His blood??? i honestly don't get your stubborness and willfull ignorance......
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#496619 Dec 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose and sera will bring the topic up in the near future, they either want to start an arguement, want attention or just plain dim. Notice they bring up the same subjects over and over again.
I know. I hope one day it'll sink in.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#496620 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not you!
You are overly eager to find salvation for your self and hell for other ... in that bible.
that's an evil an unfair accusation June!

if i wanted you to go to hell i wouldn't be revealing and pleading with you to accept the Sacrifice....
Chess

Columbus, OH

#496621 Dec 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
1) you should know how to test the spirits whether they're from God or not....
2) how the hell do i know what YOUR "fruit" is just from a few things you said on the internet??? i.e.; how are your relationships in life - how are your children turning out - how's your health - financial situation - are you addicted to stuff....etc?
THOSE are 'fruits' friend, not the few things we say on the internet:)
i'm thinking that because you receive the accusations and side with antichrist spirits against me, perhaps you may be of the spirit of antichrist?
Barney Fife theology.

Whadda hoot.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#496622 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not you!
also - maybe you can't see it, but i sure can see how you're not just a sweet lil objective person seeking the truth, but instead you're one who is getting the truth but despising and blaspheming it with an evil hatred....

yeah.....God knows what He's doing and there will not be any innocent people in hell....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 34 min Married in 10,206
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web