Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

YTube

Marietta, GA

#496266 Dec 1, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#496267 Dec 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
- I'm glad I promote people to go and investigate it for themselves.
NO you don't.

The word "leader" and "spiritual" on your avatar indicates that you already believe a spirit "world" exists and that the Gnostics knew all about how it works.

You want to LEAD by your SELF'S example.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#496268 Dec 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a Christian attitude ... referring to others as "perverts."
Maybe you should have added "heretic" and "evil" on your post, to make it even more Christian.
june, when oldjg spoke out, it was against women, a species that you belong to.

but that is ok, since you speak out against me, that allows me to think myself fortunate that I am not like you and him.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#496269 Dec 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
So U're basically declaring that Jesus wasn't God in flesh, right?! If U're saying that God sent His son in a body then it wasn't God actually assuming the form of a human, right?! Don't double-talk yourself as these are your statements which ARE the same in scripture but I getting at this question...WHY DO YALL SAY THAT JESUS WAS LITERALLY GOD IN A BODY AND THAT GOD DIED?!?!?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496270 Dec 1, 2013
I am not at all shy about claiming that I am here to lead people away from religion.

All of us are on this thread to be leaders ... NOT followers ... so why not admit our plans openly ... as we all know that those ARE our plans?

Location hidden

#496271 Dec 1, 2013
God hates the words of marge.

Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.

therefore if God hates the perverse mouth, that confirms my opinion of marge that she is NOT a Christian, and I have stated that fact ever since she came on this forum.

and likewise, the perverted mouth of oldjg, which is why he continues to attack me like his father , the devil does.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496272 Dec 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>june, when oldjg spoke out, it was against women, a species that you belong to.
That doesn't mean he should be referred to as a pervert.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496273 Dec 1, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<WHY DO YALL SAY THAT JESUS WAS LITERALLY GOD IN A BODY AND THAT GOD DIED?!?!?
Theologians implanted those thought in minds, just as your theology was implanted in your mind by theologians.

Unless you change your own pattern of thought, you will right-fight until you die as do the pit bulls that are trained to attack other dogs on sight.

Only YOU can take the theological will to right-fight out of your self.

Location hidden

#496274 Dec 1, 2013
Titus 3:1-2,“Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.”

this verse doesn't mean that we shouldn't speak out against evil but that we should not speak evil against someone.

notice that marge.

Location hidden

#496275 Dec 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean he should be referred to as a pervert.
when your words are perverted, that makes you a pervert.

for someone wanting to lead people, you aren't not very bright.

Since: Nov 13

Upstate South Carolina

#496276 Dec 1, 2013
Y'all should really look at 2 Timothy 3:16 you can figure out that the RC church really doesn't believe that. Actually that might be wrong. Do they?

Look in ESV version of the Bible
Chess

Columbus, OH

#496277 Dec 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics wrote the anti-Semitic new testament.
If you want to take credit for anti-Semitism, by all means ... take your turn!
Incorrect again.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#496278 Dec 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny.
I don't even pretend to know if within the realm of human selfishness the word love even exists as a semblance of reality.
All this preaching of love from those in religion has stained the word love to the point of it never again being CLEAN ... much less HOLY.
"You either have faith in MY religion ... or the gods will reject you for eternity to hells."
Stupid, stupid humans.
You do prattle on.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#496279 Dec 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Titus 3:1-2,“Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.”
this verse doesn't mean that we shouldn't speak out against evil but that we should not speak evil against someone.
notice that marge.
Do you think the recipient of Pauls letter opened it up and highlighted it; separating all the sentences and calling them verses? Do you think they then went to the others and said, "the word of God arrived, Paul says in this verse to not speak evil against someone"

Not that I disagree with your post to Marge. I don't. But posts like that remind me how bizarre the protestant approach to sacred scripture is. Really, verse verse verse are your idols I believe. The Holy Scriptures are dissected into thousands of separate sayings, often times using one passage to undo another; taking one verse to cancel out 45 others. "This is my Body". Nope, John 6:63 says the "flesh profits nothin".
'we're covered fellas, We found the hidden message the Lord was trying to really tell them.... It was lost for 1600 yrs. They all thought it was his body lol. If only they would have read John 6:63 properly!!"

Do you see how crazy the born again bible idolaters are? Just remember Preston... No matter what you've convinced yourself to be truth, the Apostles ALREADY explained the faith once. Now 2,000 yrs, in many areas, you are responsible for undoing the word of God.

Since: Nov 13

Upstate South Carolina

#496280 Dec 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when your words are perverted, that makes you a pervert.
for someone wanting to lead people, you aren't not very bright.
So correct
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496281 Dec 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for
good men to do nothing."
Well, the Christians DID keep very busy torturing and putting each other and others to death as heretics.

They certainly weren't doing nothing.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496282 Dec 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
notice that marge.
If you would stop using words written by theologians and learn to think on your own, that might be a step in the right direction.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#496283 Dec 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly easily impressed. Why? Did the pope do something in this picture you yourself would not do? If you would not, why not?
<quoted text>
Really? Me, angry? No, not hardly. Actually, I am perplexed by your awe of a man you have elevated to vicar, your god, for showing kindness to another. Is this act of kindness foreign to you? Kindness is common for the members of my faith.
<quoted text>
Wow, you talk about angry. Goodness! You are very angry. Why are you so angry? Possibly because one common act of kindness done by your vicar is so advertised. Does your vicar require attention for his kindness towards another human? When true Christians perform the same type of kindness are they portrayed on television as a hero to all humanity? Of course not.
Your vicar is a performer much like a Hollywood actor. When the camera is running he looks good. However, when the camera quits running and the lights are turned off the problem of the vicar of Rome and his cohorts is revealed for all the world to see.
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN, without a doubt the entire "act" of kindness was staged to further glorify your vicar. If this was truly a sincere act of kindness why wasn't it done in secret? Why all the notoriety? Why cameras?
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "The Pope hates the attention, old gee. You know this. Face it, you need to keep believing he's the antichirst evil Roman empire. Nothing will get in your pre determined conclusion on the man and the Church he governs." End quote.
We noticed how much "the pope hates the attention". Every time we turn on the TV there he is with his cute little hat and robe.
Do I believe he is the anti-Christ? Possibly. Do I believe the Roman Empire was evil? Absolutely!
The church he governs? Yes, the church he "governs" is the church in Rome. The pope governs your church but the Lord Jesus Christ governs Christianity and as you know there is a HUGE difference.
Ah yeah.. The ol born again make believe scenario: "the pope governs your church, but Jesus Christ governs ours"
Lol, that make Jesus out to be one chaotic organizer and liar. He changed his teachings from one born again sect to the next. From each individual born again fundie to the one across the street. No continuity. No protection of His teachings. He governs y'all to 50,000 separate truths. But hey, you believe, so your all saved. Catholics are going to hell. Lol
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496284 Dec 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when your words are perverted, that makes you a pervert.
So according to your theory, if others believe your words are perverted, that also means YOU are a pervert.

:)
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496285 Dec 1, 2013
Cod ghosts10 wrote:
<quoted text>
So correct
When you agree with another person's belief, it doesn't mean that the belief is correct. It means that the other person has the same belief as do you.

That is why religion divides people and will never be able to unite believers in to one united group.

The attitude always becomes "My belief is based on truth, and your belief is based on lies."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web