Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703468 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496233 Dec 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly easily impressed. Why? Did the pope do something in this picture you yourself would not do? If you would not, why not?
<quoted text>
Really? Me, angry? No, not hardly. Actually, I am perplexed by your awe of a man you have elevated to vicar, your god, for showing kindness to another. Is this act of kindness foreign to you? Kindness is common for the members of my faith.
<quoted text>
Wow, you talk about angry. Goodness! You are very angry. Why are you so angry? Possibly because one common act of kindness done by your vicar is so advertised. Does your vicar require attention for his kindness towards another human? When true Christians perform the same type of kindness are they portrayed on television as a hero to all humanity? Of course not.
Your vicar is a performer much like a Hollywood actor. When the camera is running he looks good. However, when the camera quits running and the lights are turned off the problem of the vicar of Rome and his cohorts is revealed for all the world to see.
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN, without a doubt the entire "act" of kindness was staged to further glorify your vicar. If this was truly a sincere act of kindness why wasn't it done in secret? Why all the notoriety? Why cameras?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Pope Francis sneaking out of the Vatican at night incognito to give alms to the poor?
The South American Pope describes himself as a Priest of the streets.
We know he snuck out of the walled city on at least one occasion, before Vatican security told him it was too grave a security threat.
independent.ie/world-news/euro pe/pope-may-be-sneaking-out-at -night-to-give-the-poor-money- 29797248.html
The Pope hates the attention, old gee. You know this. Face it, you need to keep believing he's the antichirst evil Roman empire. Nothing will get in your pre determined conclusion on the man and the Church he governs.
Cly said, quote, "The Pope hates the attention, old gee. You know this. Face it, you need to keep believing he's the antichirst evil Roman empire. Nothing will get in your pre determined conclusion on the man and the Church he governs." End quote.

We noticed how much "the pope hates the attention". Every time we turn on the TV there he is with his cute little hat and robe.

Do I believe he is the anti-Christ? Possibly. Do I believe the Roman Empire was evil? Absolutely!

The church he governs? Yes, the church he "governs" is the church in Rome. The pope governs your church but the Lord Jesus Christ governs Christianity and as you know there is a HUGE difference.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496234 Dec 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
all Preston has ever SAID ABOUT YOU IS THIS.
YOU ARE A FILTHY MOUTH PERSON THAT HAS EVER BEEN ON THIS FORUM.
if that is what Anthony is referring to, then he is correct.
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, you call yourself a pastor? What church in what town did you pastor? Why not provide information as to your pastoral past? Something that can be verified stating you truly are a pastor.
Thank you but we know you will not find the insides to come up with the information.
<quoted text>
Ohio? Wow, Ohio is a huge state. In what city and what church in that city in Ohio did you pastor?
Preston, sadly you are a pathetic coward and apparently ashamed of your pastoral past because you are unwilling to release the information? Are you sure you are a man?
<quoted text>
Preston, I have tolerated your ignorance for far too long. For the record, produce one post, any post, where I used profanity. Actual profanity not innuendo. Just one if you please.
<quoted text>
You are not only full of bologna but you are full of yourself. When push comes to shove you.....run! Coward.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
JG
NO ONE here should give out really personal info on the board ....bad things happen ...
Amen, you are correct. Thank you. OldJG
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#496235 Dec 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean to say that Matthew, Mark, Luke , John and Paul were Catholics?
WOW, that is a big things to say!!
Rome was still not conquered when the NT was written!!
They were Jewish characters in a book that were mentally Catholicized as were all the other Jews that the Catholics needed to start Catholicism.

The only religion allowed in Rome under emperor Constantine was the Catholic religion when the anti-Semitic new testament was published by none other than the Catholics.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496236 Dec 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Lord Jesus Christ Son Of God Have Mercy On Me A Sinner....
For your own sake I suggest you grow up and stand on your own two feet.

If I escaped the mentality of the foolhardy theologians, so can you. But you have to first WANT to escape.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#496237 Dec 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,now..only now THRY number over fifty million .
The consensus among the pro-choice community ..the illegal abortions were rampant .
Most back then never heard the word ..let alone ran off to get one .especially young girls,
There were a,lots,of unwed mother homes .....And adoptions,..we're more the norm than abortion ..
RoSesz

Peace

Be careful where you shop. A couple of years ago, pills shipped from China to Korea contained human fetuses.

It is very difficult to imagine, but more and more of the medicines(especially generic) come from China, especially the "filler" material. And we know very little of where it comes from....It is a very chilling reality....

Peace
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496238 Dec 1, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Pope Francis sneaking out of the Vatican at night incognito to give alms to the poor?
The South American Pope describes himself as a Priest of the streets.
We know he snuck out of the walled city on at least one occasion, before Vatican security told him it was too grave a security threat.
independent.ie/world-news/euro pe/pope-may-be-sneaking-out-at -night-to-give-the-poor-money- 29797248.html
The Pope hates the attention, old gee. You know this. Face it, you need to keep believing he's the antichirst evil Roman empire. Nothing will get in your pre determined conclusion on the man and the Church he governs.
Cly said, quote, "We know he snuck out of the walled city on at least one occasion, before Vatican security told him it was too grave a security threat." End quote.

Question number one is "why did he sneak out?" Question number two is "how did he get past his security team?"

Based on past historical evidence one can only wonder, right?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496239 Dec 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Me too ..without His mercy we are all lost
Within the ludicrous theology placed in your thoughts by Christian theologians ... if you think that a Jew that turned his back on his own Jews to favor Christians would be trustworthy ... you are totally dumbed down by your religion.

Had Jesus lived, he would have been as trustworthy as a snake. "I came to earth and was raised in Judaism ... but now you will either find me working in Catholic confessionals ... or rag-tagging along with Martin Luther's left-overs."

Wake up people ... or not. If you want to stay dumbed-down ... the onus is on you. You will impregnate your children's minds with the same blights of stupidity as occurred in you, and they will grow up to have your religious right-fighting mentalities.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496240 Dec 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Father
Within the ORIGINAL Abrahamic theology, the ONLY father in the Abrahamic religion is Jewish. He was created BY the Jews, for the Jews ... and he favors the Jews.

If you want a Catholic god I suggest you create your own. It's easy to create new gods, and that way they won't abandon you for a new religion.

Silly people!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496241 Dec 1, 2013
This is a very serious question.

Does anyone on this forum attend a church whose pastor is the mirror image of Preston?

This pastoral type would preach unforgiveness, grace with held, kindness revoked and name calling as his strong suit?

In my entire life I have never met a "true" pastor who treated another human being with such contempt as Preston did marge. NEVER! He describes his actions as "rebuking" her. What do you call his actions?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496242 Dec 1, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you wish to pretend God doesn't exists,
I don't pretend gods don't exist. I have FAITH that none of the gods or goddesses created by human imagination exist.

If you believed that your god rejected you for those in another religion ... would YOU be pleased???

That is what the Christians committed against the Jews.

They invented a savior that they titled as Jesus and claimed that Jesus in turn detested his own Judaism to favor only Christians.

If you were a Jew how would YOU like those "apples?"
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496243 Dec 1, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
June obviously doesn't know the pure love BibleGod showed the captive children in Numbers 31.
How funny.

I don't even pretend to know if within the realm of human selfishness the word love even exists as a semblance of reality.

All this preaching of love from those in religion has stained the word love to the point of it never again being CLEAN ... much less HOLY.

"You either have faith in MY religion ... or the gods will reject you for eternity to hells."

Stupid, stupid humans.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#496244 Dec 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "We know he snuck out of the walled city on at least one occasion, before Vatican security told him it was too grave a security threat." End quote.
Question number one is "why did he sneak out?" Question number two is "how did he get past his security team?"
Based on past historical evidence one can only wonder, right?
Pope Francis and Pope Benedict couldn't be more different.

The question is...... did the RCC god undergo a change in character, or is this "vicar" thing just more phoney mysticism?

It all sounds so mystical, but in the 21st world of communication and knowledge, it becomes so absurd.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496245 Dec 1, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
And the fetuses fared even less well.
The fetuses ... according to religion ... went back to god.

That is why many women called abortion "Making angels."

The way I now perceive the issue is that women who have abortions are doing the fetuses a huge favor. They don't allow them to come to earth to suffer.

Many women in religion don't care that their children suffer, as they believe a god wants them to be born to suffer, to in turn learn lessons from the suffering of how to be good ... of all the stupid nonsense.

If a creator existed that was of good character, there would be no suffering of any forms of life whatsoever.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496246 Dec 1, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Catholics wrote the anti-Semitic new testament.

If you want to take credit for anti-Semitism, by all means ... take your turn!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496247 Dec 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="Tony17Now as for who actually penned them is irrelevant [/QUOTE]

Mortal men with schemes to rule over others by using religion, wrote all words concerning ALL religion.

When you stop believing that only other religions are false and yours is the real deal ... only then will you humble your self somewhat to include your religion as also being false.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#496248 Dec 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Once self perceives that self is a preacher of "spiritual wisdom" ... unless self stops being so arrogant ... self will always be a preacher!!!
:)
Teaching and preaching are two different things.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496249 Dec 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,now..only now THRY number over fifty million .
The consensus among the pro-choice community ..the illegal abortions were rampant .
Most back then never heard the word ..let alone ran off to get one .especially young girls,
There were a,lots,of unwed mother homes .....And adoptions,..we're more the norm than abortion ..
I suggest that abortion has always existed. And in many cultures where the women did not have abortions, they killed the babies as soon as they came out of the wombs. Abortion and the killing of newborn babies was not perceived as evil until theologians implanted the idea in psyches that it WAS evil.

Location hidden

#496250 Dec 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
This is a very serious question.
Does anyone on this forum attend a church whose pastor is the mirror image of Preston?
This pastoral type would preach unforgiveness, grace with held, kindness revoked and name calling as his strong suit?
In my entire life I have never met a "true" pastor who treated another human being with such contempt as Preston did marge. NEVER! He describes his actions as "rebuking" her. What do you call his actions?
the bottom line is this. marge had no business treating rose and nick like she did. a person has to be a lowlife to say the words that she did to them.

this was done days ago, why are you continuing to bring this sad episode back to the forefront?

I don't feel any need(Spiritually) to regress and say that I shouldn't have said what I said to her, nor has marge spoke up and said she SHOULDNT have acted and spoke like she did.

I act EXACTLY as John the Baptist would have done, as he called some people vipers, an insult beyond compare in the Jewish culture.

you are only continuing to bring this up because of your senility and perverted lifestyle. you call good evil and evil(marge) good.

NOT ONE PERSON AGREED WITH HER SPEAKING LIKE SHE DID TO TWO VERY NICE PEOPLE.RELIGION ASIDE, YOU DONT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT TO A PERSON WHO IS VERY ILL AND PLACE THE BLAME OF HIS SICKNESS ON THE MERITS OF A SINFUL LIFESTYLE, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT HIS P[ROBLEMS OCCURRED OVER 20 YEARAS AGO BECAUSE OF TREATMENTS

I called her scum, actually she is worse than that, and THANK YOU for allowing me the pleasure of treating her like she treated them.

AND I ALSO CONTINUE TO CALL YOU A PERVERTED OGRE, AND I WILL CONTINUE TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST YOU AND MARGE IF SHE WOULD EVER MAKE THAT KIND OF STATEMENT AND TREATMENT AGAINST SOMEONE. SHE HAS NO CONSCIENCE AND you HAVE NO MORALITY. BUT THERE IS one THING THAT BOTH OF YOU HAVE IN COMMON, NEITHER OF YOU TWO ARE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS

Albuquerque, NM

#496251 Dec 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO - our consciousness transcends to an energy type world.
This is only my speculation, as many disagree with me.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the point that many disagree with you that you don't GET.
No, I don't get it because I am honest enough to admit I really don't know what will happen to me.

Those that like to say they know are the arrogant ones.

Uhm...sorry of like your speak.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>That is why you keep on preaching as though your speculation should be of VALUE to those who DO disagree with you.
Expressing opinions.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Your avatar bespeaks of your arrogance. "New Age Spiritual Leader."
I thank Edgar Cayce for his contribution to my life.

Albuquerque, NM

#496252 Dec 1, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of things.
Too vague and undefined. Please re-post specific "things".

Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1