Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675527 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#495717 Nov 29, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>It sure does. Aren't we fortunate that Christianity is not a religion but a reality?
The reality is Christianity is just another religion.
Michael

Canada

#495718 Nov 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas,
What's that got to do with Thanksgiving 400 yrs ago? I understand you were looking for an opportunity to bring up child sexual abuse (your favorite topic) but you weren't even in the ball park on this one. I was talking about the natives at thanksgiving being Catholic, and the pilgrims later treating them bad. Sometimes killing them.
I swear you Google child sexual abuse stuff daily.. I have no idea how you could have found the story you presented. You either had it on file or you did a quick Google of 'catholics treating natives badly' you immediately found a story from a couple yrs ago and threw it out there. Your point? Did you think I was saying that 'in no time in the history of the world has Catholics mistreated natives'??
Liam says.......Did you think I was saying that 'in no time in the history of the world has Catholics mistreated natives'??

Michael says.......then quit being so pompous and quit implying that your church is perfect, and protestants aren't because they don't believe what you believe.

Organized religion is the great divider of humanity. Its played out everyday on this forum.

Michael

Canada

#495719 Nov 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas,
What's that got to do with Thanksgiving 400 yrs ago? I understand you were looking for an opportunity to bring up child sexual abuse (your favorite topic) but you weren't even in the ball park on this one. I was talking about the natives at thanksgiving being Catholic, and the pilgrims later treating them bad. Sometimes killing them.
I swear you Google child sexual abuse stuff daily.. I have no idea how you could have found the story you presented. You either had it on file or you did a quick Google of 'catholics treating natives badly' you immediately found a story from a couple yrs ago and threw it out there. Your point? Did you think I was saying that 'in no time in the history of the world has Catholics mistreated natives'??
The biggest issue in your church in the past 500 years! sexual abuse by roman catholic clergy around the world, and those who didn't abuse covered up these sins and lied to you, and you say......NOTHING!

Every instance I have SPOKEN OUT AGAINST SEXUAL ABUSE. I have spoken out against the MONEY LAUNDERING by the vatican bank. Every instance. It makes me wonder about you who have been silent about your church leaders who have never taken the high road of morality.

I am sure you are vocal about issues pertaining to your Mayor, your congressman, your city officials, but when it comes to your church leaders you have a built in FEAR and always come out defending them no matter what they have done wrong.

I will never remain silent. Too bad for you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#495720 Nov 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest issue in your church in the past 500 years! sexual abuse by roman catholic clergy around the world, and those who didn't abuse covered up these sins and lied to you, and you say......NOTHING!
Every instance I have SPOKEN OUT AGAINST SEXUAL ABUSE. I have spoken out against the MONEY LAUNDERING by the vatican bank. Every instance. It makes me wonder about you who have been silent about your church leaders who have never taken the high road of morality.
I am sure you are vocal about issues pertaining to your Mayor, your congressman, your city officials, but when it comes to your church leaders you have a built in FEAR and always come out defending them no matter what they have done wrong.
I will never remain silent. Too bad for you.
None of it IS JESUS,..MICHAEL

when you meet your Creator ..only you ...not their behaviour ...bad yes,..But not a cover ....

You can realize this and try to get past what has,hurt you ..or keep THEIR SINS,as your focus ..instead of the Sacrifice of the,Cross ..

Your choice
..You can love God and never see another priest in your life ...it's,Him and you ...that's it

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#495721 Nov 29, 2013
socci wrote:
Thanksgiving - a day to remember when British Protestants took the east coast from Catholic Spain who had claimed the entire New World since 1493. The native Indians welcomed the British Puritans who would later help shelter the natives from Spain out west.
www.reformation.org/happy-thanksgiving.html
The Native Indians welcomed the Protestants and Catholics until they realized that both factions of Christians not only aimed to take over America, but to force them to join their own BRANDS of Christianity.

Everywhere they went in the world, the Christians displayed the same religious aggression and stole the lands from the locals.

Prince George, Canada

#495722 Nov 29, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>God's word has always been (according to scripture) delivered by a "prophet".
The Muslims wrote the same type of fib in the Qur'an when they claimed that Mohammad was the REAL savior of all people of the world.

They were the second group of anti-Semitists. The Catholics were the first,... other than some other ex-Jews that failed in starting a new religion before Catholicism took hold.

Prince George, Canada

#495723 Nov 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I would say yes people are tired of organized religion and the abuses with it. Not only the sex but the money abuses. I think more people are following Christ on a personal level.
You have organized Christianity to your own tastes, as did Martin Luther, and now you want to come on a forum and fib that YOU don't OWN an organized religion in your own mind.

How funny.

Every reader that trusted that the bible was based on truth, organized the words to suit his own interpretations OF the words as in ... "This scripture means that YOU OUT THERE are EVIL, and WE IN HERE are HOLY."

The bible is simply the mirror of your own arrogance.

Prince George, Canada

#495724 Nov 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never wrote that "religion was not IN Russia before Stalin's reign of terror" Why do you lie so much? I wrote that Stalin tried to eliminate religion in Russia.
And I suggest that Stalin never gave a damn about eliminating religion as such, as he eliminated everyone that got in his way ... period, whether or not they were religious.

The peasants were starving to death for the want and need of material food. He knew from having been in religion that he couldn't keep them from praying ... even if he tried.

Prince George, Canada

#495725 Nov 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney Clay!
....Catholic Order Reaches $166 Million Settlement With Sexual Abuse Victims.
By WILLIAM YARDLEY
Published: March 25, 2011
SEATTLE —....A Roman Catholic religious order in the Northwest has agreed to pay $166 million to more than 500 victims of sexual abuse, many of whom are AMERICAN INDIANS AND NORTH AMERICAN NATIVES who were abused decades ago at Indian boarding schools and in remote villages, lawyers for the plaintiffs said Friday.
$166 MILLION DOLLARS!
UNBELIEVABLE!
I bring the news that brings the truth. The truth that many don't want to hear.
The hierarchy owns so many world businesses that the money they pay out is a pittance compared to the money they bring in.

The churches are closing not for lack of money ... but for lack of Catholic-believers.

Prince George, Canada

#495726 Nov 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Great movie.
You'd have to be a dumbed-down Christian to believe that the Passion of the Christ was based on anything but anti-Semitism.

A Jew was sent to earth by his Jewish father-god Jehovah to lead the people AWAY from Judaism ... rather than correcting the Jews to be faithful TO Judaism, which (within the theology) common sense should tell you ... was and is the will of Jehovah.

The Jews said "Hey ... AGAINST HIS OWN WILL, YOU are trying to steal our one and only Abrahamic God away from US."

And the ex-Jew Catholics said ... "TOO BAD ... because WE wrote the story of Jesus, your ex-God now loves US and HATES YOU, as WE in turn HATE YOU. We will lie and make up a story that you crucified Jesus, and all people of the world will learn to HATE the Jews as murderers of Christ."

And so it a came to pass that century after century, the Jews were tortured and murdered for something they never had any part in whatsoever.

Prince George, Canada

#495727 Nov 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush!
I'm listening to the theme from The Exorcist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5BSGdX7eNn4XX
It's scary enough on its own w/o some demon posting nonsense to me.
:)

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Exorcism

The Roman ritual of exorcism is surely one of the silliest survivals of medieval superstition and credulity still extant, though the church has wisely relegated it to a dusty back shelf and rarely permits its use. Still, it is officially held that demons possess people, and that certain priests must be assigned the function of exorcist. According to the ritual, the exorcist is adjoined not to believe in “superstition,” yet in the same sentence is incongruously directed to discover any “magical spell, sorcerer’s symbol,” or “occult documents” that might have caused the possession.
Interestingly, one of the alleged signs of demonic possession is the same sign that Saint Paul took as a sign of divine possession: speaking in tongues.“When the subject speaks unknown languages” or understands unknown languages, demonic possession is indicated.
The exorcist’s first concern is for his own safety. At the invocation, God is ordered not to remember the sins of the exorcist of his assistants, and the possessed “should be tied down, if there is any danger of violence.” The demon is commanded to “do no damage” to anyone. However, since demons are defined throughout as disobedient, recalcitrant, and perverse, one wonders what can be the use of such commands. The demon is also said to answer questions falsly; yet the exorcist must ask it all sorts of questions about its name and antecedents, the numbers and names of its companions if any, its reasons for possessing the victim,“and other questions of the same kind.” In other words, the “possessed” person is encouraged to be highly creative in inventing responses.

continued

Prince George, Canada

#495728 Nov 29, 2013
Exorcism continued

During the course of many long and tiresome addresses to the demon(s), to God, to angels and archangels, to saints, and in fact to almost everyone except the subject himself, the invasive spirit is commanded to surrender, to go away, to leave, to give in, to desist, to take flight, to get out (twice), to retire (twice), to go out (four times), to depart (six times), to give way (seven times), to be uprooted and expelled, and to be put to flight now. Yet all these dismissals are interspersed with rhetorical questions showing that the creature is not dismissed: Why do you stay? Why do you resist? Why dare refuse? All the foregoing commands are bolstered up by the Mysteries of the Incarnation; the Suffering, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ; the sending of the Holy Spirit; the Lat Judgment; the name of the Judge of the Living and the Dead; Our Creator; God the Father, God the Son; God the Holy Spirit; the faith of the Holy Apostles; the blood of Martyrs; the purity of the Confessors; the pious and holy intercession of all the Saints; the Word made Flesh; and the strength of the mysteries of the Christian faith, not to mention assorted Cherubim and Seraphim, Powers and Virtues and Dominations of Heaven, and much more. One would think that all this heavy armament would be effective. In fact the demon is told that “it is impossible for you to refuse to obey.” And yet, one little demon can hold out quite well against all these superpowers, it seems. The creature hangs on, and must be told again and again to depart. Exorcism seems at best a creaky vehicle for God’s intercession.
The ritual is kept up until the exorcist sees “signs of liberation,” which, however, are not described. The directions include that demons often produce a false appearance of liberation, as if “the subject of Exorcism is not possessed at all.” How this is to be distinguished from the real thing is never made clear. Apparently, the ritual of exorcism is virtually interminable, going on until everybody is tired of it and/or the victim-hysteric-performer runs out of ideas for outrageous things to say or do. Then, he or she is either pronounced cured, or relegated to psychiatric ministrations that probably should have been applied in the first place.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#495729 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have organized Christianity to your own tastes, as did Martin Luther, and now you want to come on a forum and fib that YOU don't OWN an organized religion in your own mind.
How funny.
Every reader that trusted that the bible was based on truth, organized the words to suit his own interpretations OF the words as in ... "This scripture means that YOU OUT THERE are EVIL, and WE IN HERE are HOLY."
The bible is simply the mirror of your own arrogance.
I just wrote that I don't get into organized religion, can't you comprehend? You need to start a new topic on Martin Luther. No I don't want to come on a forum, I AM on a forum. How stupid are you? Your stupid self needs to look in the mirror and ask if all your hate and your war on religion is worth it? You are one sorry pile of crap parrot that keeps repeating the same over and over to satisfy just yourself, now that is sad and for me, Funny! LOL
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495730 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to be a dumbed-down Christian to believe that the Passion of the Christ was based on anything but anti-Semitism.
A Jew was sent to earth by his Jewish father-god Jehovah to lead the people AWAY from Judaism ... rather than correcting the Jews to be faithful TO Judaism, which (within the theology) common sense should tell you ... was and is the will of Jehovah.
The Jews said "Hey ... AGAINST HIS OWN WILL, YOU are trying to steal our one and only Abrahamic God away from US."
And the ex-Jew Catholics said ... "TOO BAD ... because WE wrote the story of Jesus, your ex-God now loves US and HATES YOU, as WE in turn HATE YOU. We will lie and make up a story that you crucified Jesus, and all people of the world will learn to HATE the Jews as murderers of Christ."
And so it a came to pass that century after century, the Jews were tortured and murdered for something they never had any part in whatsoever.
I'm watching it again.

Popcorn?

Prince George, Canada

#495731 Nov 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have come to learn about Christ though personal prayer,meditation and the Bible.
As do all people of religion that idolize their own supposed "holy books," you simply go to that book to assure your self of your own importance.

You know and I know that you see evil in others ... but NEVER in YOU.

That is a sign to you, to take your self away from that book that so hypnotized you into repeating again and again the same arrogant and self-ingratiating stupidity.

It's up to you to wake up from your hypnosis, or NOT. No other person can do it for you.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#495732 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suggest that Stalin never gave a damn about eliminating religion as such, as he eliminated everyone that got in his way ... period, whether or not they were religious.
The peasants were starving to death for the want and need of material food. He knew from having been in religion that he couldn't keep them from praying ... even if he tried.
Shows how little your knowledge of history is. The funny thing is that you are just like Stalin, is that your real last name?

They brainwashed children from a very young age with statements like:'Religion is a poison for the masses’ or 'Religion is a tool of enslavement of working class'. Religious leaders were jailed/killed from time to time and constantly ridiculed in press, media and education systems. Religious temples (churches, synagogues) were either destroyed or turned into storage facilities/sport clubs. Anyone who would ever admit to being religiously affiliated with any prayer group would not be able to achieve success professionally and his/her family might also suffer repercussions of their behavior. Religion was the enemy of Communist regime.

Prince George, Canada

#495733 Nov 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again ...on all a counts ...the persecution of the Jews,b the,Church ..once I knew of it ..And their brAvery AS,I've spoken of in using the meager equipment ..weapons ..people they had to hold on o their state,is nothing short of miraculous ..And I've felt hos,way again FIR decades,..ling before I became,a born again Cristisn
You cannot tell me what I feel or think ...And obviously have not read,my poss,regarding HE NEW,ISRAEL being Rome foolishness,and chutzpah to put it mildly .
As,far as the foundation of our Faih ..it's,Jesus ..born on earth as,a,Jew,..died a,Jew,...in his,Human nature ...
HE NEVER BECAME A,CATHOLIC ...the,early Christians,were followers of the,Way ...most were Jewish ...some preached in synagogues ...some to the GENTILES. HE WAS THE FULFILLMENT OF the Prophecies to the Jews ...
We y our faith are,grafted into that family tree.
I have constantly maintained God has not thrown the,Jews,away in favor of the GENTILES,the,Covenant with Abraham is not over ...they are the Chosen ..we are,adopted ...
His prophecies to Israel will be fulfilled ..as,will those to John ...a Jew,also
You can go on and on about he Jewish people ..Jehovah ..But you HAVR said repeatedly how you don't believe in Him..
Stop.putting words,in everyone's,mouth
GOD HIMSELF ..THE CREATOR ..HAS NO RELIGION
JESUS..YESHUA.....Will establish HIS,Kingdom in The,NEW,JERUSALEM which is,not in Rome ..it will be in Israel .....
The,pope is not our,High priest JESUS IS,..
Go stuff your self with you own nonsense. I don't believe a word you write.

Prince George, Canada

#495734 Nov 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS,HIMSELF did NOT come to make war on any one
Then by using the name Jesus ... how did the Christians manage to kill everyone in their pathway including each other that wouldn't believe the Christian religion was based on "TRUTH???"

And you are STILL siding with the Christians as though there wasn't even a drop of blood caused by the vile religion that was based on nothing but blatant lies.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495735 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Exorcism continued
During the course of many long and tiresome addresses to the demon(s), to God, to angels and archangels, to saints, and in fact to almost everyone except the subject himself, the invasive spirit is commanded to surrender, to go away, to leave, to give in, to desist, to take flight, to get out (twice), to retire (twice), to go out (four times), to depart (six times), to give way (seven times), to be uprooted and expelled, and to be put to flight now. Yet all these dismissals are interspersed with rhetorical questions showing that the creature is not dismissed: Why do you stay? Why do you resist? Why dare refuse? All the foregoing commands are bolstered up by the Mysteries of the Incarnation; the Suffering, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ; the sending of the Holy Spirit; the Lat Judgment; the name of the Judge of the Living and the Dead; Our Creator; God the Father, God the Son; God the Holy Spirit; the faith of the Holy Apostles; the blood of Martyrs; the purity of the Confessors; the pious and holy intercession of all the Saints; the Word made Flesh; and the strength of the mysteries of the Christian faith, not to mention assorted Cherubim and Seraphim, Powers and Virtues and Dominations of Heaven, and much more. One would think that all this heavy armament would be effective. In fact the demon is told that “it is impossible for you to refuse to obey.” And yet, one little demon can hold out quite well against all these superpowers, it seems. The creature hangs on, and must be told again and again to depart. Exorcism seems at best a creaky vehicle for God’s intercession.
The ritual is kept up until the exorcist sees “signs of liberation,” which, however, are not described. The directions include that demons often produce a false appearance of liberation, as if “the subject of Exorcism is not possessed at all.” How this is to be distinguished from the real thing is never made clear. Apparently, the ritual of exorcism is virtually interminable, going on until everybody is tired of it and/or the victim-hysteric-performer runs out of ideas for outrageous things to say or do. Then, he or she is either pronounced cured, or relegated to psychiatric ministrations that probably should have been applied in the first place.
The Exorcist is next on the list of films this afternoon.

Care for some Raisinettes?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495736 Nov 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Shows how little your knowledge of history is. The funny thing is that you are just like Stalin, is that your real last name?
They brainwashed children from a very young age with statements like:'Religion is a poison for the masses’ or 'Religion is a tool of enslavement of working class'. Religious leaders were jailed/killed from time to time and constantly ridiculed in press, media and education systems. Religious temples (churches, synagogues) were either destroyed or turned into storage facilities/sport clubs. Anyone who would ever admit to being religiously affiliated with any prayer group would not be able to achieve success professionally and his/her family might also suffer repercussions of their behavior. Religion was the enemy of Communist regime.
Friends of the library building grafetti?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Fri Joe 30
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 20 Rdclaw2000 10,517
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web