Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#495675 Nov 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When Stalin trained as a Catholic priest for five years, why would you believe religion was not IN Russia before Stalin's reign of terror???
Christians in America often teach in their pulpits that communism and atheism and dictatorship are one and the same ... while those words all have totally different meanings.
Religion was always a big part of Russian.
I never wrote that "religion was not IN Russia before Stalin's reign of terror" Why do you lie so much? I wrote that Stalin tried to eliminate religion in Russia. You lie and you generalize and make up stuff. Show some proof that Christians are often taught that those 3 are the same? I have never heard that taught. Have you?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#495676 Nov 28, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>God's word has always been (according to scripture) delivered by a "prophet". And before Jesus departed this world he promised that someone else will come and guide them...and confirm what Jesus confirmed as all the prophets before him confirmed. Jesus spoke of a Comforter, which the word could also mean Redeemer, and he said that this Redeemer will bring to them the proper ways of all things dealing with humanity. Jesus wasn't speaking of a "Holy Spirit", Jesus was speaking of SOMEONE!! That someone is said to have been Muhammud who came and DID confirm the testimony of Jesus and all of the prophets before him and who DID deliver the message of God as revealed to him by God which confirms the UNCHANGED nature of God. Jesus warned that many will say that they have come in the name of God and shall deceive. The ones that are deceitful are the people who have changed the true nature and message of God. God was never a man and He does not "beget" kids and this is a change in the true nature of God that Catholics have adopted so who is the false prophet, if I may ask U, Muhammud or St. Paul?!
Question: Do you follow the teachings of Muhammud?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#495677 Nov 28, 2013
in matrix is so long evil

very long

they will come in my name its not me

it is written
righteousness people don't have any rights
don't asked nothing from deceivers and possessors
nothing at all
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#495678 Nov 28, 2013
And be sure to see The Matrix 4:The Coming Of June.

Summer 2014
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#495680 Nov 28, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>God's word has always been (according to scripture) delivered by a "prophet". And before Jesus departed this world he promised that someone else will come and guide them...and confirm what Jesus confirmed as all the prophets before him confirmed. Jesus spoke of a Comforter, which the word could also mean Redeemer, and he said that this Redeemer will bring to them the proper ways of all things dealing with humanity. Jesus wasn't speaking of a "Holy Spirit", Jesus was speaking of SOMEONE!! That someone is said to have been Muhammud who came and DID confirm the testimony of Jesus and all of the prophets before him and who DID deliver the message of God as revealed to him by God which confirms the UNCHANGED nature of God. Jesus warned that many will say that they have come in the name of God and shall deceive. The ones that are deceitful are the people who have changed the true nature and message of God. God was never a man and He does not "beget" kids and this is a change in the true nature of God that Catholics have adopted so who is the false prophet, if I may ask U, Muhammud or St. Paul?!
Comforter is the Holy Spirit.....

The Comforter is a person.....

John 14:26

26 But the <<<Advocate, the Holy Spirit,>>> whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

26 But the <<<Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,>>> whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus also promised, "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, <<<<<when He, the Spirit of truth,>>>>> has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you"
Liam

Detroit, MI

#495681 Nov 28, 2013
socci wrote:
Thanksgiving - a day to remember when British Protestants took the east coast from Catholic Spain who had claimed the entire New World since 1493. The native Indians welcomed the British Puritans who would later help shelter the natives from Spain out west.
www.reformation.org/happy-thanksgiving.html
Not exactly. Squanto - the Native who orchestrated the 'first' Thanksgiving, was a Catholic. He was rescued from a protestant prison by Catholic Friars beforehand and taught the faith. Many of the Natives present at the first thanksgiving were Catholic.
The Pilgrims like you, were violently anti- Catholic. History shows what the Protestants done to the Natives after they settled.
Any notion that the British puritans helped the natives from the 'evil catholics' is based on your propaganda and not any historic fact. You've proven to be quite the fanatic so I would imagine you'll ignore everything you just heard. That's ok. I still wish you and your family a happy thanksgiving.
Michael

Canada

#495682 Nov 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I would say yes people are tired of organized religion and the abuses with it. Not only the sex but the money abuses. I think more people are following Christ on a personal level. But the Bible predicts what you posted Michael. "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
The warning is that churches will raise up teachers who teach doctrines that are faithful to what man wants to be true, not necessarily what is actually true. Every church claims that the Bible is at least part of its authority; most claim it is their ultimate authority, but churches everywhere are filled with doctrines that are not Biblical. The Bible calls this the "falling away":
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition" (2 Thessalonians 2:3)
RiccardoFire says......But the Bible predicts what you posted Michael.

Michael says........your damn right!

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#495683 Nov 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: Do you follow the teachings of Muhammud?
The teachings of Muhammud coincide with the teachings of Jesus, Jacob, Joshua, Isaac, Moses, Abraham, and all other named prophets. I embrace the overall message of love, peace, and honor. Don't get things wrong now in case U had in mind that I may condone people blowing themselves up and stuff...NO!!! The only reason they do things as such is because of the so-called infidels (world power structure) that are inciting the conflict. Even Christianity at one point or another commands U to defend the word of God. And there have been countless incidents in history where Catholics and Christians have employed the same methods when their religious freedoms where trampled upon by conquering, imperialist empires. The teachings of Muhammud are in line with the god revealed to us through Judaism.
Michael

Canada

#495684 Nov 28, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly. Squanto - the Native who orchestrated the 'first' Thanksgiving, was a Catholic. He was rescued from a protestant prison by Catholic Friars beforehand and taught the faith. Many of the Natives present at the first thanksgiving were Catholic.
The Pilgrims like you, were violently anti- Catholic. History shows what the Protestants done to the Natives after they settled.
Any notion that the British puritans helped the natives from the 'evil catholics' is based on your propaganda and not any historic fact. You've proven to be quite the fanatic so I would imagine you'll ignore everything you just heard. That's ok. I still wish you and your family a happy thanksgiving.
Baloney Clay!

....Catholic Order Reaches $166 Million Settlement With Sexual Abuse Victims.

By WILLIAM YARDLEY
Published: March 25, 2011

SEATTLE —....A Roman Catholic religious order in the Northwest has agreed to pay $166 million to more than 500 victims of sexual abuse, many of whom are AMERICAN INDIANS AND NORTH AMERICAN NATIVES who were abused decades ago at Indian boarding schools and in remote villages, lawyers for the plaintiffs said Friday.

$166 MILLION DOLLARS!

UNBELIEVABLE!

I bring the news that brings the truth. The truth that many don't want to hear.

Michael

Canada

#495685 Nov 28, 2013
....Abused over 500 native children, converted the rest of them through brainwashing them, and their parents to leave their thousand year cultures and beliefs and join catholicism.

WHY DON'T THEY LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE!

Pad

Rockford, IL

#495686 Nov 28, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
If God's people would refuse to fight and try to live together there would be no one to commit the atrocities currently being committed by Christians, Jews and Muslims around the world.
"Thou Shall Not Kill"
More time spent finding loopholes for that commandment than in trying to follow it. Very sad.
What atrocities are Christians committing presently? And second question: what atrocities are Jews committing presently?As Muslims are concerned there are three factions:The Terrorists,the ordinary practicing Muslims who live out their lives,and those who politically use both to further their political ends in regards to global Islam.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495687 Nov 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Mel Gibson had to use his own money to create the anti-Semitic movie "Passion of the Christ."
Had I been a Jew in Hollywood, if he came to me and wanted support for his movie ... I would have told him to stuff it where the sun didn't shine ... the ignorant BOOB!!!
Great movie.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#495688 Nov 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Comforter is the Holy Spirit.....
The Comforter is a person.....
26 But the <<<Advocate, the Holy Spirit,>>> whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
26 But the <<<Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,>>> whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Jesus also promised, "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, <<<<<when He, the Spirit of truth,>>>>> has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you"
Keyword: "He". When "he" comes! There was no spirit that talked into the minds of everyone and gave them all the proper ways to live and interact. These messages have ALWAYS come through a man that is obedient and favored in God's eyes, as the prophets were. And also, this "advocate" did indeed honor him (Jesus), the prophets, but mostly God for this is the will of God. It wasn't a spirit, it was a man through whom the spirit of God came unto for a task to deliver this long-awaited message.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#495689 Nov 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="DeAngelo of Memphis" <quoted text>Muslims are the most disciplined group of God fearing people on this planet! The only reason there is fighting is because of the power structure of the world imposing on the laws of God, which is the same god of the Jews, Catholics, and Christians; even though the latter two have made Jesus and other figures as their gods. It's not Islam because they hold to the laws of God as revealed by God. It's the people behind the scenes that are keeping the conflict going in order to make it easier to take over the land. It's all political!
----------
You couldn't be that ignorant...could you? Muslims fear their 'god' like suspicious people fear ghosts and demons.
The men 'honor kill' their own wives and daughters. Some of them rape their own daughters, they cut the heads off of Christians and Jews. Finally, they believe that if they die for Allah, they will have their own planet with 72 virgins all to themselves.
After the American Revolution, American ships were not protected by Britain, so they were at the mercy of Muslim pirates, who kidnapped them, and demanded a ransom tax from America. The tax kept getting larger, until Jefferson sent in the Marine's to Montezuma and Tripoli, and put a stop to their 'pirating'.
They are building up a huge following throughout the world today, expecting to have worldwide dominion under their 12th Imam. There will be bloodshed before it is all over.
KayMarie
Just as we Kay Marie choose tohave the mind of Christ,those who reject that mind lean on thier own understanding.I eat every day supper with a man who is gay.He is a fellow worker and we are able to wrk well together,along with other people of course in the Hospital I work at.I do not share what I do,so please leave the personal info out of it.

Nevertheless,we were talking about Same-Sex marriage as that is now law in ILLINOIS.We try to discuss things in a normal manner.As these hot issues today do cause much debate,but I prupose to plant seeds of wisdom about sin and Life in Christ whenever possible.I say sin because we need first to see our sin before we can share in the beauty of Christ.However my fellow worker was sharing about the legalities of marriage,and the same that will be attributed to gays cross the board.

We got to the point of the intricate part of marriage,well he is 60 and his roommate as it were are not supposedly intimate,so they will have a normal life as it were,no intimacy,but will have the benefits of marriage-IN the law,with the keeping of one another as a husband(man) and his wife(woman) would.

I asked him if he thought that some homosexuals would ever demand a church wedding from pastors who basically disagree with same-sex marriage? Of course he thought that no gays would ever force such an issue.Well I told him you wait and see there will be gays who will want to be married by Evangelical ministers or Catholic priests,who do not agree with their unions.This present government will try to force them(clergy who oppose gay marriage)to marry gays.

Somehow we got on the subject of how gays perceive that GOD sees their UNION as beneficial enough to also provide sexual contact(which is a given anyway)?In other words does God accept gay marriage?

I told him that no matter what the gay person thinks about God's acceptance,he or she cannot change the fact that God's Law is clear,that He sees homosexuality as an abomination,so whether a couple marries or not it does not change the Law of God.Continued.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495690 Nov 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything will do to get you away from the grasp of the overbearing theologians.
:)
Hush!

I'm listening to the theme from The Exorcist:

It's scary enough on its own w/o some demon posting nonsense to me.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495691 Nov 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a piece of pecan pie for you...
Got any blueberry?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#495692 Nov 28, 2013
for rose and rose.

When you think your life is hard,
And your rewards are few.
Remember that the mighty oak!
Was once a nut like you.

happy thanksgiving to both of your families.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#495693 Nov 28, 2013
Our conversation went on with my co-worker coming up with this analogy to acceptance.He said that God infact accepts people who believe in Him no matter how they believe,and over looks their problems.For instance(his example)A muslim who blows up himself and a bunch of others for the cause of Allah will be forgiven,because he did not know any better,and he sincerely believed that Allah would be glorified by his death and the death of others,especially His enemies.

I was stunned at first with his response,but I understood of course where he was coming from.The gay person may be wrong to assume that God accepts his lifestyle,but that God overlooks it because he is a good person and believes in God,and is trying to do the Will of God.The Muslim terrorist is doing the same,a bit more radically,but nevertheless the same as he reasons that God or Allah favors his effort to glorify Islam.

The mindset of the world is ENMITY with God,and we are in the midst of wolves who radically feel that their mindset is acceptable to God at the cost of anything they do to further their own ends,but with the stamp or approval of God.This will be the war we rage in the future as believers,the concepts of men that will brazenly put us in prison if we disagree.That is working its way quickly,and we see it coming,like a "deer in the head lights."

Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#495694 Nov 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney Clay!
....Catholic Order Reaches $166 Million Settlement With Sexual Abuse Victims.
By WILLIAM YARDLEY
Published: March 25, 2011
SEATTLE —....A Roman Catholic religious order in the Northwest has agreed to pay $166 million to more than 500 victims of sexual abuse, many of whom are AMERICAN INDIANS AND NORTH AMERICAN NATIVES who were abused decades ago at Indian boarding schools and in remote villages, lawyers for the plaintiffs said Friday.
$166 MILLION DOLLARS!
UNBELIEVABLE!
I bring the news that brings the truth. The truth that many don't want to hear.
Thomas,
What's that got to do with Thanksgiving 400 yrs ago? I understand you were looking for an opportunity to bring up child sexual abuse (your favorite topic) but you weren't even in the ball park on this one. I was talking about the natives at thanksgiving being Catholic, and the pilgrims later treating them bad. Sometimes killing them.

I swear you Google child sexual abuse stuff daily.. I have no idea how you could have found the story you presented. You either had it on file or you did a quick Google of 'catholics treating natives badly' you immediately found a story from a couple yrs ago and threw it out there. Your point? Did you think I was saying that 'in no time in the history of the world has Catholics mistreated natives'??
truth

City Beach, Australia

#495695 Nov 28, 2013
nothing new under sky
evil serve evil
one evil one another come and again and again
from beginning is liars upon liars
it is written
people against people tribe against tribe nations against nations..

nothing new or smart from evil things
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web