Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667879 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#495323 Nov 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Ummm ..You BElieve THIS??
There,is ONLY ONE, CHRIST ..OUR SAVIOUR ...ONLY HIGH PRIEST .
Of course I don't RoSesz. I believe as you do.
A priest cannot make God out of a cracker.
Alchemists of old tried to make gold out of lead.
They all failed.
Yet priests persist in the belief they can transubstantiate a biscuit (cake of Tammuz) into God Himself.

There are some still today who think this happens and place their salvation upon it.
Michael

Canada

#495324 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why these suffering Christians continually ask for prayers for their ill health is beyond me.
If you trust that a god's will is being unfolded, why are you meddling about in the middle???
Double-talking preachers!
At least Mother Teresa WANTED the suffering to stay the same, unless HE wanted it different.
Stupid, stupid humans.
If there is an all loving God who answers prayers for those who are sick, why does he not answer prayers for those who have lost limbs and pray to have them grow back? Why would God discriminate against limbless people?

. Its beyond me!

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#495325 Nov 27, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"......remember!
The only time a Christian will feign love of a Muslim, is if the Muslim first converts TO Christianity.

AND vice versa!

That's religion in a nutshell!

Quesnel, Canada

#495326 Nov 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don't RoSesz. I believe as you do.
A priest cannot make God out of a cracker.
Within theology ... do you believe that Martin Luther could make Jesus obey his double-talking lies???

I suggest you look no further than your own religion for imbedded lies.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495327 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theology is but one opinion of Jewish theology. I suggest you get that notion into your head and you will be all the better for it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
JewishEncyclopedia.com
GEHENNA (Hebr. ; Greek, &#915;&#941;&#949; &#957;&#957;&#945; ):
Table of Contents
Nature and Situation.
Judgment.
Sin and Merit.
Nature and Situation.
The place where children were sacrificed to the god Moloch was originally in the "valley of the son of Hinnom," to the south of Jerusalem (Josh. xv. 8, passim; II Kings xxiii. 10; Jer. ii. 23; vii. 31-32; xix. 6, 13-14). For this reason the valley was deemed to be accursed, and "Gehenna" therefore soon became a figurative equivalent for "hell." Hell, like paradise, was created by God (So&#7789;ah 22a); according to Gen. R. ix. 9, the words "very good" in Gen. i. 31 refer to hell; hence the latter must have been created on the sixth day.
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/65...
It's not my theology, silly.

It's a fact.

Quesnel, Canada

#495328 Nov 27, 2013
The next time you Christians go to words in your bibles ... I want you to think about how Martin Luther manipulated those words to suit his own lusts for salvation.

If you are brave enough to GO THERE, I assure you that you will take a different outlook on religion as a whole, as you will in turn learn to question your own motives.
Michael

Canada

#495329 Nov 27, 2013
....Christians believe one day God created a divine plan for each of us. He checked the plan over, said it was a good plan. He put the plan into operation.

Since the inception of Gods divine plan everyday BILLIONS and BILLIONS of prayers and requests are beamed from catholics, protestants, jews, Muslims, etc. all wanting God to change his plan to help their cause.

Farmers pray for rain....yet just down the road a young girl prays for a sunny wedding day on the same day the farmer prays for rain! Does God actually change the weather forcast after weighing both requests? What does God do?

Someone dies. Family and friends are at the funeral parlor. Someone always!! says I know he/she is in heaven now looking down upon us. What does that mean? Everyone goes to heaven and stares down at the rest of us? Why?(lol) I have been to many funerals and yet to hear anyone ever say.......yes he/she is down in hell looking up at us.

.......come on people........its all nonsense!

Quesnel, Canada

#495330 Nov 27, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my theology, silly.
It's a fact.
I agree that it's not your theology. But it IS the theology of the Jews that believe in it.

You are not the KING of Jewish theology.

And you lied when you claimed that Gehenna to those devout Jews is not the equivalent of the Christian hell.
Michael

Canada

#495331 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The only time a Christian will feign love of a Muslim, is if the Muslim first converts TO Christianity.
AND vice versa!
That's religion in a nutshell!
Its really sad that people take sides of a religion ONLY because by CHANCE they were born into a belief.........by chance.

A...Born to a loving family in the east, Allah is who you worship.

B...Born to a loving family in the west, Jesus is who you worship.

C...Born to a loving family at 88 Main street any town america a catholic.

D...Born to a loving family at 89 Main street any town america a protestant.

Where one is born MORE OFTEN THAN NOT determines who you worship and how.

.........is that what religion is all about. Luck of the draw.

Quesnel, Canada

#495332 Nov 27, 2013
As I stated before ... ALL the ancient religions of which I studied believed in hells.

Without hells religion would be void of threats and there would BE no religion.

And without religion, there would be no Agnostics or Atheists.
Michael

Canada

#495333 Nov 27, 2013
I wonder if Pope Francis is reading my posts today?

I wonder what bombshells he will unleash next?

Word has it that the old RED HATS in the vatican are not too happy with changes he is instituting.

Pope Francis is not afraid to address the issues.

Quesnel, Canada

#495334 Nov 27, 2013
Michael wrote:
....Christians believe one day God created a divine plan for each of us. He checked the plan over, said it was a good plan. He put the plan into operation.
Since the inception of Gods divine plan everyday BILLIONS and BILLIONS of prayers and requests are beamed from catholics, protestants, jews, Muslims, etc. all wanting God to change his plan to help their cause.
Farmers pray for rain....yet just down the road a young girl prays for a sunny wedding day on the same day the farmer prays for rain! Does God actually change the weather forcast after weighing both requests? What does God do?
Someone dies. Family and friends are at the funeral parlor. Someone always!! says I know he/she is in heaven now looking down upon us. What does that mean? Everyone goes to heaven and stares down at the rest of us? Why?(lol) I have been to many funerals and yet to hear anyone ever say.......yes he/she is down in hell looking up at us.
.......come on people........its all nonsense!
They are ALL quite willing to believe that other religions are nonsense but that their own is the REAL DEAL.

That idiotic attitude says it all. "God favors US ... ONLY US ... NOT YOU!"

Silly self-centered humans.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#495335 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The next time you Christians go to words in your bibles ... I want you to think about how Martin Luther manipulated those words to suit his own lusts for salvation.
If you are brave enough to GO THERE, I assure you that you will take a different outlook on religion as a whole, as you will in turn learn to question your own motives.
Tellme a couple of things he did to manipulate the words.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#495336 Nov 27, 2013
who="MUQ" f. "Only" Muslims say that Jews corrupted Bible?
It is not only Muslims who say that Jews corrupted Bible. It is Jewish and Christian scholars who say it and they have proved it.
How come there are so many versions of Bible, each differing from each other?
g. Joseph going to prison: I do not know what is your objection of Quranic version. Quran tells us the story depicting the high moral character of Joseph and how he was falsely implicated in that case. In Bible the Husband sent an innocent man to prison "Just to honor his wife".
You can pick any version you like!!
h. All gospel writes were Apostles: I think you are distributing apostle ship as people hand out Medals!!
Apostles are one whom "Jesus chose" as his apostles.
The actual writers of Gospels are not the persons whose name appear on the title page. Ask any Scholar who knows the history of these books.
And Paul was "self clamed Apostle of Jesus", because he did not meet Jesus when Jesus walked on this earth and not when he was supposed to be "resurrected".
j. Blood is needed for Covenant:
This is another strange qualification for any Testament. Why blood is needed by God to enact a Covenant?
h to m: These are nothing but Paul's teachings, which you are repeating like a parrot.
Your real prophet is Paul and not Jesus, you just believe in whatever he says without asking question whether he was authorized to make these claims.

----------
Apostle's are DISCIPLES that Jesus has called and trained.

Blood is important because LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD.(Drain yours all out if you don't believe me.)

There are oodles of 'self-made scholars' who delight in their know-it-all status. They write books about hundreds of years past, about which they know nothing.

I chuckle when I read that some gospel or letter was written 300 years after the death of the author!

Kinda like reading about things that (supposedly) happened a few BILLION years ago. LOL

Quesnel, Canada

#495337 Nov 27, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its really sad that people take sides of a religion ONLY because by CHANCE they were born into a belief.........by chance.
A...Born to a loving family in the east, Allah is who you worship.
B...Born to a loving family in the west, Jesus is who you worship.
C...Born to a loving family at 88 Main street any town america a catholic.
D...Born to a loving family at 89 Main street any town america a protestant.
Where one is born MORE OFTEN THAN NOT determines who you worship and how.
.........is that what religion is all about. Luck of the draw.
I suggest that most people will test out other religions or systems of belief ... but the formative years of training often are what "dictates" one's conscience to follow a certain path.

And I suggest that is why so many believers go back to their formative training when they in turn believe that death is near.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#495338 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Within theology ... do you believe that Martin Luther could make Jesus obey his double-talking lies???
I suggest you look no further than your own religion for imbedded lies.
Martin Luther impresses me not. He was anti-Semitic for a start.

I will credit him for seeing the corruption of the papacy.

Yet he believed that priests could make God out of a cake.

Those cakes were baked by pagans. They also were round with a cross on them. A cross like those on hot cross buns which are baked at Ishtar time for Tammuz.
Michael

Canada

#495339 Nov 27, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
June you read to much and read way to much into things. You knowing and being a JW should know about semen being wasted like that. I'm catholic (you think) and know how this is frowned upon through God's eye, has something to do with the beginning of life...:)
do I pass?
My (female) doctor says masturbation is a normal body function. You are a little late starting but you should allow yourself to try it.

Your sex drive gets more revved up as you get older. YOu will see.

How could something that feels so pleasurable be so wrong?

Quesnel, Canada

#495340 Nov 27, 2013
We will probably never know whether or not Martin Luther re-converted to Catholicism in his last moments before death, but my guess if he didn't ... he was WORRIED.

Quesnel, Canada

#495341 Nov 27, 2013
Mother Teresa knew her conscience well enough to know that she couldn't leave her formative years of Catholic indoctrination without her feeling a horror of hell in an afterlife.

But in what were supposed to be her "private letters to the hierarchy" she also admitted her own hypocrisy.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495342 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that it's not your theology. But it IS the theology of the Jews that believe in it.
You are not the KING of Jewish theology.
And you lied when you claimed that Gehenna to those devout Jews is not the equivalent of the Christian hell.
Of course it's not my theology, fool.

Why'd you claim otherwise?

Let me repeat what I wrote:
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>The earliest Hebrew scriptures are absent of such imagery.

Later texts in the Hebrew Bible only arguably suppose a traditional -- Greek -- hell.

Not until the intertestamentary period does Judaism toy with full-blown notions of Hell in its literature, and even then, factions developed between those who accepted a perpetual torment, a temporary one, or simple annihilation.

And those arguing for perpetual punishment were heavily influenced, as were early Christians, by the Greek mythology of Hades.
I understand complexity confuses.

Take your time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 52 min Rainbow Kid 300
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec '16 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web