Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
477,721 - 477,740 of 533,414 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here,we go
.please,...please,please,.....
You have no idea,WHO.THEY PRAY TO ...And they have the,Faith spoken about by John ..
WHO is,any one on a forum ..to judge them
Marge ..
And,again ..Illness,came into the,world in the Garden.
I don't know if your well or not ..But you will get older ..do you think ..old people who have trouble,walking it's, because of personal Sin..or there bodies,wear out ....That is,SIN OF MAN .
I mean really think ..how,many abortionists,are walking around healthy.
Or dictators,..
Your logic does not hold,water ..sorry ..
Does a baby with Downs have it from.sinning ...
We are all sinners,..or else JESUS,would not have died for us,
Go to a,nursing home,and puck out terms,worst sinners or the saved ..
See what you get when you apologize too quickly...that's exactly why I held out. Nick is a better person than me.His illness came from radiation not sin....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I will always think praying to Mary and the Saints is a sin and sin does cause suffering.
"oh Husker,may I borrow that word you called me? Thank you" PINHEAD!!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you...Tell your buddie the same thing when she gets sick..I will wait patiently..
That don't mean I don't love her.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who nick is, nor do I care. I had no idea he is sick. go find a hobby or maybe go bathe, your stench of hatred is really strong.
HOW LONG did you say you'd been here ..by the way that post was,a,personal insult to her ..
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so sure? St. Laurence Justinian says otherwise...
The dignity of the priest is also estimated from the power that he has over the real and the mystic body of Jesus Christ.
With regard to the power of priests over the real body of Jesus Christ, it is of faith that when they pronounce the words of consecration the Incarnate Word has obliged Himself to obey and to come into their hands under the Sacramental Species.
We are struck with wonder when we hear that God obeyed the voice of Josue-----The Lord obeying the voice of man-----and made the sun stand when He said move not, O sun, towards Gabaon ... and the sun stood still.
But our wonder should be far greater when we find that in obedience to the words of his priests-----HOC EST CORPUS MEUM-----God Himself descends on the altar, that He comes wherever they call Him, and as often as they call Him, and places Himself in their hands, even though they should be His enemies.
And after having come, He remains, entirely at their disposal; they move Him as they please, from one place to another; they may, if they wish, shut Him up in the tabernacle, or expose Him on the altar, or carry Him outside the church; they may, if they choose, eat His flesh and give Him for the food of others.
"Oh, how very great is their power," says St. Laurence Justinian, speaking of priests.
"A word falls from their lips and the body of Christ is there substantially formed from the matter of bread, and the Incarnate Word descended from Heaven, is found really present on the table of the altar!
Never did Divine goodness give such power to the Angels.
The Angels abide by the order of God, but the priests take Him in their hands, distribute Him to the faithful, and partake of Him as food for themselves."
Yes, I'm sure. And St. Laurence doesn't disagree.

1128 This is the meaning of the Church's affirmation49 that the sacraments act ex opere operato (literally: "by the very fact of the action's being performed"), i.e., by virtue of the saving work of Christ, accomplished once for all. It follows that "the sacrament is not wrought by the righteousness of either the celebrant or the recipient, but by the power of God."50 From the moment that a sacrament is celebrated in accordance with the intention of the Church, the power of Christ and his Spirit acts in and through it, independently of the personal holiness of the minister. Nevertheless, the fruits of the sacraments also depend on the disposition of the one who receives them.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here,we go
You have no idea,WHO.THEY PRAY TO ...And they have the,Faith spoken about by John ..
Marge ..
I don't know if your well or not ..But you will get older ..do you think ..old people who have trouble,walking it's, because of personal Sin..or there bodies,wear out ....That is,SIN OF MAN .
Or dictators,..
Rose, for heaven's sake, calm down. It's actually you who is starting something now. Marge's remark doesn't offend us because we believe she's wrong. So there's no reason for us to make a big deal out of it and start berating her and telling her she's a nobody (yes, that's where this all started, with "someone" yelling at her like a shrew and telling her she's a nobody).

It's best if you just leave things alone.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here,we go
Marge ..
Or dictators,..
puck out? lol I pray to the same God as you do and by the way I go straight to God himself...( I get that from my protestant days)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind of love is sick..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...what, do you think she hasn't said that very same thing to me and every other Catholic here many times before?
We're not so precious as to blow our stacks out of all proportion and nail her to a cross because of it. We're not that cruel. Or that proud.
Straighten your crown, it's cockeyed.
:)
Right...shall I dig up some of the oldies but goodies posts??

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>...are sick and possibly infested with demons.
Demons!? Seriously? HA!WOW!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>puck out? lol I pray to the same God as you do and by the way I go straight to God himself...( I get that from my protestant days)
Lol. PICK OUT the,sinners,and,saints,in a nursing home,.

And,I know,you pray to GOD,as,do.I...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who nick is, nor do I care. I had no idea he is sick. go find a hobby or maybe go bathe, your stench of hatred is really strong.
oppssss you must have read one of reginas old post when she told nick and me that she felt so dirty reading our post that she felt like taking a shower...must be a catholic thingy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
As you continue personally insulting and abusing me......
Thanks for answering my question! It was exactly what I expected you to say!!
your welcome old pure one

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

“It’s not just those who bomb churches and kill Catholics in the Middle East who are our antagonists, but it’s also those who restrict our religious freedoms and want to close down our embassy to the Holy See,” he said in the National Catholic Reporter.“[There’s no] diplomatic or political benefit to the United States” from the relocation at all, he added.

ME; THERE IS NO POLITICAL BENEFIT FOR US TO HAVE DIPLOMATIC RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE VATICAN AND IT IS AGAINST OUR CONSTITUTION ALSO.

THE VATICAN IS MADE UP OF PEDOPHILES AND PROBABLY A BUNCH OF HOMOSEXUALS NUNS TO GO WITH IT.THEREFORE IT IS NOT A NATION.

I APPLAUD OBAMA IF HE GOES THRU WITH THIS AGREEMENT.

Catholic Vote, a publication for the Church community, called the move “an unmistakable slap in the face” that clearly communicates that the United States cares little for the diplomatic facility.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, for heaven's sake, calm down. It's actually you who is starting something now. Marge's remark doesn't offend us because we believe she's wrong. So there's no reason for us to make a big deal out of it and start berating her and telling her she's a nobody (yes, that's where this all started, with "someone" yelling at her like a shrew and telling her she's a nobody).
it doesn't offen you because it was not said to YOU AND YOUR NOT A SUFFERING SICK PERSON...YOU are the main reason I turned against the Catholic church. YOU....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Demons!? Seriously? HA!WOW!
yes I am infested with the ANTI CATHOLIC DEMON..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread your post for the evening Regina,..please,..

I berated no one......But her logic is,flawed ..And,I answered
Politely..I think ...it's,poor theology IMO ....And our beliefs,are,similar on some things,..not on this,..

..however I did say you should not have brought up.an argument where,we all made peace last night ...IMO.

WHO OF US NEEDS,TO TAKE hatred like this,to our family dinner ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I will always think praying to Mary and the Saints is a sin and sin does cause suffering.
==========

Marge
I dont care. This is not about what you believe.That was not the problem.Just please never work with cancer patients, people with terminal illness,or any hospital. I know Regina will back your right to state your beliefs, but please just consider this.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The cherry on the cake from the person who, after apologies and forgiveness started it all up again

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Hebrewsunite 8,193
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 6 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 10 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 15 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••