Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#495289 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians taught that Jesus abhorred masturbation as an evil against "GOD."
I suggest that had Jesus lived, he also would have masturbated, as it is doubtful that there has ever been a man that didn't masturbate.
I read in a book that a young Catholic had a habit of masturbating. He nearly wore his self out running back and forth to the church begging forgiveness from "Jesus" for his ongoing "sins."
Stupid dogmas!!!
Does the RCC really teach that is a sin?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#495290 Nov 27, 2013
Moral philosophy

Einstein was a Humanist and a supporter of the Ethical Culture movement. He served on the advisory board of the First Humanist Society of New York.[29] For the seventy-fifth anniversary of the New York Society for Ethical Culture, he stated that the idea of Ethical Culture embodied his personal conception of what is most valuable and enduring in religious idealism. He observed, "Without 'ethical culture' there is no salvation for humanity."[30] He was an honorary associate of the British Humanist organization, the Rationalist Press Association and its journal was among the items present on his desk at his death.[citation needed]

With regard to Divine command theory, Einstein stated, "I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own—a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms."[31] "A God who rewards and punishes is inconceivable to him for the simple reason that a man's actions are determined by necessity, external and internal, so that in God's eyes he cannot be responsible, any more than an inanimate object is responsible for the motions it undergoes. Science has therefore been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hopes of reward after death. It is therefore easy to see why the churches have always fought science and persecuted its devotees."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_...
Catholic Girl

United States

#495291 Nov 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD CREATED THE EARTH AND HE WILL HAVE THE LAST WORD...
If he were like you...He would have already destroyed it...
YOU HAD BEST SPEND THANKSGIVING APPRECIATING THE FACT THAT GOD IS MERCIFUL..
BEFORE YOU WERE BORN...there was no little self made god named June VanDerMark...
when you are gone ..there will be those that will say
.SHE IS GETTING WHAT SHE ASK FOR..
YEARS AGO THERE WAS A FOREMAN AT BETHLEHEM STEEL, That attempted to retrieve a piece of toast from and electric toaster..with a case knife.
He electrocuted him self..
The pitiful thing was...that some of the men that worked for him...
said they were going to the funeral home...
so they could be sure that he ( AN THEY HAD A NAME FOR HIM OF THEIR OWN CHOICE) was really dead...they celebrated his passing..WITH PLEASURE
will that be your legacy?
Hi Confrinting...I know of a man that worked at Eskay plant, died at work. His sons went to plant to pick up fathers belongings. Think they had the same choice names for their fathers supervisor.
Poor June.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#495292 Nov 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well, June, this is what i was trying to talk to you about! where's the "PROOF" of our origin, if not the Bible?!
Words come-piled by theologians is not proof of anything but dim-wittedness by a lot of hairy ape-like mortal men.
Michael

Canada

#495293 Nov 27, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what you believe in, silly.
I just enjoy making fun of your ignorance.
What ignorance is that?

Because by CHANCE you were born into a particular belief system to become what mom and dad wanted you to become........just like them! so automatically your way is right?(lol)

....that is the ignorance.

when you have evidence of what you speak than post again. byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Catholic Girl

United States

#495294 Nov 27, 2013
June you read to much and read way to much into things. You knowing and being a JW should know about semen being wasted like that. I'm catholic (you think) and know how this is frowned upon through God's eye, has something to do with the beginning of life...:)
do I pass?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#495295 Nov 27, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not now ... but for centuries that is exactly what they taught. They taught that it was worse sin than incest or rape.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Culture of Confession from Augustine to Foucault by Chloe Taylor

Jean Gerson’s On the Confessional of Masturbation is an example of a late medieval confessional manual which demonstrates both the focus on self-effecting sexual sins and the extreme “audacity” and “guile” which Tentler describes. Clerics are told in this manual to insist that (male) penitents admit to the sin of masturbation, which as will be seen below, was deemed as even more serious sin than raping a nun, incest, or abducting and raping virgins and wives, however more common and indeed universal (among males) a sin it was assumed to be judging from the incredulity with which deniers of masturbation were instructed to be met.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#495296 Nov 27, 2013
who="DeAngelo of Memphis" <quoted text>Muslims are the most disciplined group of God fearing people on this planet! The only reason there is fighting is because of the power structure of the world imposing on the laws of God, which is the same god of the Jews, Catholics, and Christians; even though the latter two have made Jesus and other figures as their gods. It's not Islam because they hold to the laws of God as revealed by God. It's the people behind the scenes that are keeping the conflict going in order to make it easier to take over the land. It's all political!

----------
You couldn't be that ignorant...could you? Muslims fear their 'god' like suspicious people fear ghosts and demons.

The men 'honor kill' their own wives and daughters. Some of them rape their own daughters, they cut the heads off of Christians and Jews. Finally, they believe that if they die for Allah, they will have their own planet with 72 virgins all to themselves.

After the American Revolution, American ships were not protected by Britain, so they were at the mercy of Muslim pirates, who kidnapped them, and demanded a ransom tax from America. The tax kept getting larger, until Jefferson sent in the Marine's to Montezuma and Tripoli, and put a stop to their 'pirating'.

They are building up a huge following throughout the world today, expecting to have worldwide dominion under their 12th Imam. There will be bloodshed before it is all over.

KayMarie
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495297 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, which ancient religion did NOT have hell in its dogma?
Come on! Don't be a cowared and just state "incorrect." Cough it up!
Among them, early Judaism, goofy.

The earliest Hebrew scriptures are absent of such imagery.

Later texts in the Hebrew Bible only arguably suppose a traditional -- Greek -- hell.

Not until the intertestamentary period does Judaism toy with full-blown notions of Hell in its literature, and even then, factions developed between those who accepted a perpetual torment, a temporary one, or simple annihilation.

And those arguing for perpetual punishment were heavily influenced, as were early Christians, by the Greek mythology of Hades.

You really ought to pay more attention to my posts.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#495298 Nov 27, 2013
Within the theologies the saviors had to abhor whatever the believers abhorred.

If the theologians in all the religions taught that the gods abhorred some practice, or thought ... the followers had to obey the theologians.

That was and is the nature of all religion.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495299 Nov 27, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What ignorance is that?
Because by CHANCE you were born into a particular belief system to become what mom and dad wanted you to become........just like them! so automatically your way is right?(lol)
....that is the ignorance.
when you have evidence of what you speak than post again. byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
And what belief system would that be, fool?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#495300 Nov 27, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
June you read to much and read way to much into things.
States the one who reads meanings into the words of her anti-Semitic new testament.

:)
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#495301 Nov 27, 2013
Pope calls for big Catholic Church changes.

Catholics should stop worshipping money.

So should Protestants, but they have no moral compass like the Pope.

Jesus said it time and again. Take care of the poor. Give away your worldly possession, if you want to follow him perfectly.

Jesus never said, "go the on the Internet and feign indignation."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#495302 Nov 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
They are building up a huge following throughout the world today, expecting to have worldwide dominion under their 12th Imam. There will be bloodshed before it is all over.
KayMarie
And you are jealous, as you wish it was YOU with your Martin Luther version of Christian "truth."

You obviously don't realize it ... but you are very see-through.

You certainly don't mind the history of Martin Luther's shedding of blood. Not ONE iota do you care.

Orlando, FL

#495303 Nov 27, 2013
Christians love and say they want to follow Jesus.

But when they are confronted by what Jesus actually said, it all turn to hot air.

I have the only true God and I have no problem following what my God teaches.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#495304 Nov 27, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Among them, early Judaism, goofy.
The Jews believed that the fiery pits of Genehha were reserved for the wicked.

Try again.

Which ancient religion did not have hells in its dogmas.
Michael

Canada

#495305 Nov 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Why would the pope want changes if the church according to the catholics on this forum,doesnt have major issues. Its the media that blows up little things.
I kind of like this Pope Francis. He is a maverick within the hirearchy because he is NOT AFRAID TO MAKE CHANGE.

....change is not to be FEARED. Change can be good.

Orlando, FL

#495306 Nov 27, 2013
My God has never (purposely) caused anyone to be killed or tortured.

My God is more moral than your god.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#495307 Nov 27, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Catholic church, one is not allowed to play with one's own sexual organ, because the "Catholicized god" wants ALL the attention.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Questions from the parishioners of
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church
Picayune, Mississippi

Q. Is masturbation a mortal sin? If it is, why?

Masturbation is the deliberate stimulation of the sex organ in order to derive sexual pleasure. As such, it is an act of recreation rather than re-creation and is ordered toward self rather than toward God. The 6th Commandment is "You shall not commit adultery" (Exodus 20:14; Deuteronomy 5:18) and this prohibits any sexual activity except with one's lifelong partner in the Sacrament of Matrimony. Even if you are not married, the teaching of the Catholic Church has always been that the 6th Commandment encompasses all sexual activity. After all, Jesus said that the greatest commandment was that you shall "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" (Mark 12:30, NIV) and self-centered recreational sexual activity violates this command.
Whether masturbation is a mortal or venial sin depends upon the criteria for a sin to be mortal which were given in the answer to the question on mortal and venial sin. Now that you know that it is a grave sin and why, it is a mortal sin.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#495308 Nov 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein ended his life as an Atheist.
The following was written by Einstein as he was struggling to find his way OUT of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
From the book,“Ideas and Opinions,” by Albert Einstein, comes the following.
Nobody, certainly, will deny that the idea of the existence of an omnipotent, just and omnibeneficient personal God is able to accord man solace, help, and guidance; also, by virtue of its simplicity it is accessible to the most undeveloped mind. But, on the other hand, there are decisive weaknesses attached to this idea in itself, which have been painfully felt since the beginning of history. That is, if this being is omnipotent, then every occurrence, including every thought, and every human aspiration is also His work; how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts before such an almighty being? In giving out punishment and rewards He would to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself. How can this be combined with the goodness and righteousness ascribed to Him.
You're confused, as usual.

Einstein *never* claimed to be an atheist -- ever: He rejected the lable.

And he disdained ardent atheists.

Except as a kid, when he participated in Judaism, he rejected BibleGod, as well, thinking the concept and the literature was silly.

He also rejected any sort of notion of a personal god.

But he did not consider himself an atheist.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web