Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,884)

Showing posts 477,661 - 477,680 of529,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

john 5;24
To past from death to life..yee i hear this morning voice i am this..yee he mention who..yee i see in newspaper that person died..yee..i can hear.
Thanks!
What you need from me?
If you listen every day per day thousands or millions voice what you will do!

Are you going fill tired?
In human form yes.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you dare complain about what others post. You are an extremely intolerant narrow minded *itch.
Ditto

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

I don't understand why reunion with Orth is so important to some Catholics here.First, they know very little re Orthodoxy besides superficial similarities.Secondly they know very little re whether the Ortho Church wants it. Basic knowledge of the Ortho Church and its history tells us the Church is not just the Patriarchs or the Bishops but the Priests and the People.Noone knows what will or will not occur.

It seems that the Caths that bring up the reunion issue here do so not our of "Christian Unity" but wanting to win some kind of competition and to stir up a nest here.

Would they be such a cheering section if the Cath Church was going to join the Ortho Church under a Patriarch? hat would be Christian Unity as well
The answer is no. Because its not about Christian Unity. ts about winning.

Lets try to grow up a little. Its not about winning. Its about salvation.I care about my salvation. If I wanted to be with the Cath Church and the Pope I would have joined that church.Salvation is not a half and half drink.
If some Orthos want to go to the Cath reunion, let them go.No hard feelings.I didnt join the Ortho Church on a whim.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's a scenario for you Rose; A protestant minister preaches the Word on Sundays and convinces several unbelievers to accept Christ as their personal Saviour, they are "born again and get saved". He also happens to be having an adulterous affair with one of his congregants. Does it mean these converts didn't really get saved because the minister was living in sin?
Good,question..But the HOLY SPIRit calls,those the,FATHER wishes,the SON to have ...not the minister ..
The words SAID at the,altar are great ...if the person saying them has,true Faith in Jesus,..salvation goes,to the believer from God ... NOT THROUGH ANY ONE ELSE ..
Jesus is,our ONLY HIGH PRIEST

Nothing the minister does,is,anything like,transubstantiation...NOR claims,to be ...ANY MINISTER WHO SAYS,HE,SAVES,PEOPLE is. WRONG ..

A,person can be lead to Jesus,in many was,..the HOLY SPIRIT USES,what He wants ...who HE uses,..when He chooses ....it's,never dependent on the minister ...though he may counsel ...plant a,seed ..pray WITH the person ...The person alone gives their heart to the LORD '''and can
Do it alone ..in a stadium..on a beach ..on the moon....just them and,JESUS,.. as it was when He was on the earth ..

The,apostles,preached the Word .And many were saved . THEy saved No one ..NOR does a,priest ...JESUS, saves

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>And wht sera said was okay? LOL.
What? That your church is full of ( you fill in the blank) That is MY opinion and what I believe and NOT a personally attack on your human self....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you consider "changes"? How long have you been Orthodox?
Anthony, being under the ope would change 2000 years of Ortho philosophy re what is a church and how it is managed. I dont want to do pages on this. Also look at the Eastern Cath Churches.I dont want to be placed in a "grey area". Salvation is not about "grey area".How long she has been Ortho is not relevant to the passion of one's beliefs. believe Christ said something about people coming to Him in the beginning v last.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I copied nothing.. this comes from my friends who are old calendarist...you think you know everything don't you...
No, not at all. But it seems I was right about this...it didn't come from you, you repeated what your friends said. There's nothing wrong with being an Old Calendarist if that's what you really believe. I think there are even Old Calendarist Catholics. I also think you're trying too hard, Sera.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have a right to be here and a right to post my opinions lol
So do I and so do others, so don't go into a hissy fit next time someone makes a remark you don't like.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I don't understand why reunion with Orth is so important to some Catholics here.First, they know very little re Orthodoxy besides superficial similarities.Secondly they know very little re whether the Ortho Church wants it. Basic knowledge of the Ortho Church and its history tells us the Church is not just the Patriarchs or the Bishops but the Priests and the People.Noone knows what will or will not occur.
It seems that the Caths that bring up the reunion issue here do so not our of "Christian Unity" but wanting to win some kind of competition and to stir up a nest here.
Would they be such a cheering section if the Cath Church was going to join the Ortho Church under a Patriarch? hat would be Christian Unity as well
Lets try to grow up a little. Its not about winning. Its about salvation.I care about my salvation. If I wanted to be with the Cath Church and the Pope I would have joined that church.Salvation is not a half and half drink.
If some Orthos want to go to the Cath reunion, let them go.No hard feelings.I didnt join the Ortho Church on a whim.
Now that makes sense doesn't it...But for some reason the Catholics here can not stand that....my opinion is my opinion
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>what? Do you think I have to be 2,000 years old to figure out truth from lies?
You don't act like your even ten, Miss pinhead.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
Whats with all the Jehovah stuff? Is it true this name in in bible more times than Jesus name? Are you a witness June? What about JW prediction, 1976 the world will come to an end, yr. 2000 the world will come to an end. It did come to an end for some, those that passe away. But I don't think this is what was meant. do you know? knower of all.:)
Any one with any Christian belief in the word of God is,not going to predict the end if the world by a,date ...we are to be ready ..at any time for His,Return ..

The prophecies,will be fulfilled by God alone ..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There,you go assuming again . It was not a trick question ..
Ok say a,priest or a minister is,committing CONTINUING SIN ..can we,assume,neither is,repentant,.And,for the,record each is,equally guilty as,far as I'm.concerned,...
We,are,ALL GUILTY or else we did not nerd Jesus to die,....But again talking about clergy ..
However the,minister is,not claiming a Change in bread and,wine,..
What you are,saying is,the change,takes,place regardless,of the,priest and His,condition....
That was,the answer to the,question..thanks,
So the priest is,blessed by performing mass,and communion ..But the,recipient isn't having the,same blessing in he,same,state,.
And yes,I KNOW,we,are,to repent sin .......before communion .
Ok thanks. I was REALLY CURIOUS,.
Now,supposedly the,Pope is,picked ny the leading of the HOLY Spirit .. by we know not ALL POPES,are not picked by politics .
For the,longest TIme the Italian s,had it sewn up..
Some,worthy ..some not ...would those,POPES,be valid giving dogma.
Someone said today we don't ask
Then if I ask ..You think I shouldn't ...
Anyway peace ...have a,most joyous,holidays
Trying to wade through your convoluted post.

"What you are,saying is,the change,takes,place regardless,of the,priest and His,condition....
That was,the answer to the,question..thanks,"

Yes, the spiritual condition of the priest doesn't matter , it's by the power of the Holy Spirit the bread and wine is transformed. Just like the adulterous minister, he can preach the word and an unbeliever can come to Christ through the preaching and the Holy Spirit.

"Some,worthy ..some not ...would those,POPES,be valid giving dogma."

Again, can an adulterous minister preach the truth from the pulpit?

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Humor
WHY OLD MEN DON'T GET HIRED!
Human Resources Manager: "What is your greatest weakness?
Old Man: "Honesty."
Human Resources Manager: "I don't think honesty is a weakness."
Old Man: "I don't really give a shit what you think."
Lol.Good one,

By the,way MY WISH FOR,A HAPPY AND,BLESSED THANKSGIVING most assuredly
Includes you ....And,everyone here
Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There,you go assuming again . It was not a trick question ..
Ok say a,priest or a minister is,committing CONTINUING SIN ..can we,assume,neither is,repentant,.And,for the,record each is,equally guilty as,far as I'm.concerned,...
We,are,ALL GUILTY or else we did not nerd Jesus to die,....But again talking about clergy ..
However the,minister is,not claiming a Change in bread and,wine,..
What you are,saying is,the change,takes,place regardless,of the,priest and His,condition....
That was,the answer to the,question..thanks,
So the priest is,blessed by performing mass,and communion ..But the,recipient isn't having the,same blessing in he,same,state,.
And yes,I KNOW,we,are,to repent sin .......before communion .
Ok thanks. I was REALLY CURIOUS,.
Now,supposedly the,Pope is,picked ny the leading of the HOLY Spirit .. by we know not ALL POPES,are not picked by politics .
For the,longest TIme the Italian s,had it sewn up..
Some,worthy ..some not ...would those,POPES,be valid giving dogma.
Someone said today we don't ask
Then if I ask ..You think I shouldn't ...
Anyway peace ...have a,most joyous,holidays
RoSezs

Peace

An interesting predicament. I had to think about this for a time, but if as you say a priest is in, lets say, "mortal" sin, the Eucharist is still valid. But if you remember the priest takes of the Eucharist first, and if he does partake, then he is condemned as not receiving the Eucharist in an unacceptable manner, the same as if one of the congregation would be condemned if in "mortal" sin....

Peace
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What? That your church is full of ( you fill in the blank) That is MY opinion and what I believe and NOT a personally attack on your human self....
Ok, this has to be asked. It's a sincere question.

What do you consider calling someone a nobody, a clown, a scumbag, and then telling them you hate everything about them and always have to be, if not a "personal attack on their human self"??

Some people call it correction. I call it abuse. Personal abuse. And all because someone voiced their opinion about the effects of sin.

Yes, I know I'm bringing it up again, but there's a very obvious double standard going on with you and your friends, Sera, and I'd really like to hear your rationale (-ization?).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all. But it seems I was right about this...it didn't come from you, you repeated what your friends said. There's nothing wrong with being an Old Calendarist if that's what you really believe. I think there are even Old Calendarist Catholics. I also think you're trying too hard, Sera.
Your making unchecked assumptions very quickly here. Sera is not Old Calendarist. We are good friends with 3 Old Calendarists and speak with them re theology about 3 times a week.Sera and I have spoken re Old Calendarists many times.She does not have the education I have cause she had a hard life, but her mind is very very sharp.She never just repeats things.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good,question..But the HOLY SPIRit calls,those the,FATHER wishes,the SON to have ...not the minister ..
The words SAID at the,altar are great ...if the person saying them has,true Faith in Jesus,..salvation goes,to the believer from God ... NOT THROUGH ANY ONE ELSE ..
Jesus is,our ONLY HIGH PRIEST
Nothing the minister does,is,anything like,transubstantiation...NOR claims,to be ...ANY MINISTER WHO SAYS,HE,SAVES,PEOPLE is. WRONG ..
A,person can be lead to Jesus,in many was,..the HOLY SPIRIT USES,what He wants ...who HE uses,..when He chooses ....it's,never dependent on the minister ...though he may counsel ...plant a,seed ..pray WITH the person ...The person alone gives their heart to the LORD '''and can
Do it alone ..in a stadium..on a beach ..on the moon....just them and,JESUS,.. as it was when He was on the earth ..
The,apostles,preached the Word .And many were saved . THEy saved No one ..NOR does a,priest ...JESUS, saves
Right. And it's not by the priest's power that the bread and wine are transformed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the bright side...at least she's not saying your remarks are "impermeable" anymore, LOL!
What wiill you use to excuse this humiliatiing remark.Where did you get your degree- Oxford?
Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Herme

Peace

You are quite right!

The Source of Salvation is not in man, but in God. So it doesn't matter what church one goes to, rather it is the relationship of the individual with God.

Leave it up to human beings to flub up a good thing...(smiles).

Peace
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

<quoted text>Anthony, being under the ope would change 2000 years of Ortho philosophy re what is a church and how it is managed. I dont want to do pages on this. Also look at the Eastern Cath Churches.I dont want to be placed in a "grey area". Salvation is not about "grey area".How long she has been Ortho is not relevant to the passion of one's beliefs. believe Christ said something about people coming to Him in the beginning v last.
Just trying to figure out if it's her dialogue with Catholics here as to why she thinks the Catholic Church is full of it. That would be unfortunate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 477,661 - 477,680 of529,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••