Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599726 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Ames, IA

#495024 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You do get it do you....debating aith is one thing being hateful and saying cruel thinks like nicks illness is due to his sin is totally diffeant.Post what ever ou like about your faith ad other will o the same..I don't have a problem with that.
I will always think praying to Mary and the Saints is a sin and sin does cause suffering.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#495025 Nov 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme
Peace
You are quite right!
The Source of Salvation is not in man, but in God. So it doesn't matter what church one goes to, rather it is the relationship of the individual with God.
Leave it up to human beings to flub up a good thing...(smiles).
Peace
EXACTLY ..EXACTLY ..EXACTLY ..

men messed up..His,ministry was,one on one ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#495026 Nov 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so you are [taking] up for marge and her hateful satanic attack on them? is it because it was directed towards them, is that it?
or it is because it was ME that spoke up against her?
either way, you align your self with marge, who is [speaking] against the very same displays of religion that you exhibit.
I withstood her over her attack that was personal ,by marge saying that his illness is caused by him praying to idols and dead people that have gone on before us.and for reference, she used something from [got question].
even with the distaste that I feel towards you , and if you were very ill and she said that to you, I would [possibly] say something to her, but more than likely, I would remain silent so oldjg wouldn't say something to me.
the difference between Nick and Rose is that they place the Lord over their church affiliation AND YOU DONT! therefore I regard them differently than I do you, clay or Anthony.
Both...It came from you defending us and us having a friendship with the protestants.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#495027 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes everyone see's it, I'm ok Regina. God bless you.
yes, everyone saw this display that you have put on them, and EVERY BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN REBUKED YOU FOR THAT DISPLAY.

RoS
Gif/kay,
PAD
MYSELF.
LTM WAS SILENT BECAUSE SHE IS YOUR FRIEND BUT I KNOW THAT IF YOU SAID THAT TO HER, IT WOULD HURT HER WITH HER HUSBAND BEING VERY SICK.

only oldjg took up for you and it was more that it gave him an excuse to attack me like he always does.

I don't regret calling you [scum] at all. and I don't care if regina likes it either, she is just using this as an excuse to wallow in the mud with you

Location hidden

#495028 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I will always think praying to Mary and the Saints is a sin and sin does cause suffering.
Good for you...Tell your buddie the same thing when she gets sick..I will wait patiently..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495029 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Here,we go
.please,...please,please,.....

You have no idea,WHO.THEY PRAY TO ...And they have the,Faith spoken about by John ..

WHO is,any one on a forum ..to judge them

Marge ..

And,again ..Illness,came into the,world in the Garden.

I don't know if your well or not ..But you will get older ..do you think ..old people who have trouble,walking it's, because of personal Sin..or there bodies,wear out ....That is,SIN OF MAN .

I mean really think ..how,many abortionists,are walking around healthy.
Or dictators,..

Your logic does not hold,water ..sorry ..

Does a baby with Downs have it from.sinning ...

We are all sinners,..or else JESUS,would not have died for us,

Go to a,nursing home,and puck out terms,worst sinners or the saved ..
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#495030 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. And it's not by the priest's power that the bread and wine are transformed.
Are you so sure? St. Laurence Justinian says otherwise...

The dignity of the priest is also estimated from the power that he has over the real and the mystic body of Jesus Christ.

With regard to the power of priests over the real body of Jesus Christ, it is of faith that when they pronounce the words of consecration the Incarnate Word has obliged Himself to obey and to come into their hands under the Sacramental Species.

We are struck with wonder when we hear that God obeyed the voice of Josue-----The Lord obeying the voice of man-----and made the sun stand when He said move not, O sun, towards Gabaon ... and the sun stood still.

But our wonder should be far greater when we find that in obedience to the words of his priests-----HOC EST CORPUS MEUM-----God Himself descends on the altar, that He comes wherever they call Him, and as often as they call Him, and places Himself in their hands, even though they should be His enemies.

And after having come, He remains, entirely at their disposal; they move Him as they please, from one place to another; they may, if they wish, shut Him up in the tabernacle, or expose Him on the altar, or carry Him outside the church; they may, if they choose, eat His flesh and give Him for the food of others.

"Oh, how very great is their power," says St. Laurence Justinian, speaking of priests.

"A word falls from their lips and the body of Christ is there substantially formed from the matter of bread, and the Incarnate Word descended from Heaven, is found really present on the table of the altar!

Never did Divine goodness give such power to the Angels.

The Angels abide by the order of God, but the priests take Him in their hands, distribute Him to the faithful, and partake of Him as food for themselves."
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#495031 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I am 10 plus 10 plus 10 plus 10 plus 10 and then some lol....does pinhead = swearing catholic priest?
So, you can call anyone or a church a pile of ----, but no one else can.... You know what you did? You called what Christ founded a pile of ____. You are sick and possibly infested with demons.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#495032 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
try [thinking] before you speak and then use some common sense and none of this arguing would have taken place. the [blame] is entirely on marge and no one else.

so accept it and move on. to maliciously hurt another is NOT of God, it is of the devil so why don't you see that?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#495033 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes everyone see's it, I'm ok Regina. God bless you.
Good, I'm glad, Marge.

We'll probably never agree on theology, but I've got to tell you I felt every single stab. You weren't alone, Marge. And there was Someone else with you, too. There's a little story behind this, you know. I hope there's an opportunity to tell you about it one day.

God bless you, too, Marge.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#495034 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You do get it do you....debating aith is one thing being hateful and saying cruel thinks like nicks illness is due to his sin is totally diffeant.Post what ever ou like about your faith ad other will o the same..I don't have a problem with that.
I don't know who nick is, nor do I care. I had no idea he is sick. go find a hobby or maybe go bathe, your stench of hatred is really strong.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495035 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You're excusing him.
I'm sure it was very *humiliating* for the person he was abusing, however.
Yes, a double standard exists here...but this isn't a news flash to anyone.
I'm truly sorry to hear this, Nick. You've sold your soul for a little attention. And in the process played right into the hands of an opportunist. Right and wrong no longer matter to you, at least in some cases. Souls can be sacrificed for your "brother".
Sorrow doesn't begin to describe it. Well, at least you're honest about it. Thanks for answering, I guess.
SOLD,his,SOUL...for attentioN????'?

I'm sure if given the choice he'd like less,of it ...don't you think .

AND,he's,sold nothing ..

As y our Pope,said,...Who are,we to judge ..
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#495036 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call yourself a "Catholic". You are a Roman Catholic, correct?
I'm a Catholic Christian who's spiritual leader is the Bishop of Rome. The same church at Rome St. Paul wrote so admirably about in his epistle.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#495037 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Since You seem to value you my opinion here it is...Look in the mirror and ask yourself that very same question since you are the personal insult queen of this forum.Unless you had a thunder bolt of change hit you (which I doubt)you still wear the crown.
As you continue personally insulting and abusing me......

Thanks for answering my question! It was exactly what I expected you to say!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495038 Nov 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so sure? St. Laurence Justinian says otherwise...
The dignity of the priest is also estimated from the power that he has over the real and the mystic body of Jesus Christ.
With regard to the power of priests over the real body of Jesus Christ, it is of faith that when they pronounce the words of consecration the Incarnate Word has obliged Himself to obey and to come into their hands under the Sacramental Species.
We are struck with wonder when we hear that God obeyed the voice of Josue-----The Lord obeying the voice of man-----and made the sun stand when He said move not, O sun, towards Gabaon ... and the sun stood still.
But our wonder should be far greater when we find that in obedience to the words of his priests-----HOC EST CORPUS MEUM-----God Himself descends on the altar, that He comes wherever they call Him, and as often as they call Him, and places Himself in their hands, even though they should be His enemies.
And after having come, He remains, entirely at their disposal; they move Him as they please, from one place to another; they may, if they wish, shut Him up in the tabernacle, or expose Him on the altar, or carry Him outside the church; they may, if they choose, eat His flesh and give Him for the food of others.
"Oh, how very great is their power," says St. Laurence Justinian, speaking of priests.
"A word falls from their lips and the body of Christ is there substantially formed from the matter of bread, and the Incarnate Word descended from Heaven, is found really present on the table of the altar!
Never did Divine goodness give such power to the Angels.
The Angels abide by the order of God, but the priests take Him in their hands, distribute Him to the faithful, and partake of Him as food for themselves."
So in YOUR opinion ...based on this,..what IF the,priest is,an unrepentant sinner ??

Calls,God to thE,altar and partake,himself ....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495040 Nov 26, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Please all watch ..as a,favor ..
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#495041 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you...Tell your buddie the same thing when she gets sick..I will wait patiently..
LOL...what, do you think she hasn't said that very same thing to me and every other Catholic here many times before?

We're not so precious as to blow our stacks out of all proportion and nail her to a cross because of it. We're not that cruel. Or that proud.

Straighten your crown, it's cockeyed.

:)

Location hidden

#495042 Nov 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here,we go
.please,...please,please,.....
You have no idea,WHO.THEY PRAY TO ...And they have the,Faith spoken about by John ..
WHO is,any one on a forum ..to judge them
Marge ..
And,again ..Illness,came into the,world in the Garden.
I don't know if your well or not ..But you will get older ..do you think ..old people who have trouble,walking it's, because of personal Sin..or there bodies,wear out ....That is,SIN OF MAN .
I mean really think ..how,many abortionists,are walking around healthy.
Or dictators,..
Your logic does not hold,water ..sorry ..
Does a baby with Downs have it from.sinning ...
We are all sinners,..or else JESUS,would not have died for us,
Go to a,nursing home,and puck out terms,worst sinners or the saved ..
See what you get when you apologize too quickly...that's exactly why I held out. Nick is a better person than me.His illness came from radiation not sin....

Location hidden

#495043 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
"oh Husker,may I borrow that word you called me? Thank you" PINHEAD!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#495044 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you...Tell your buddie the same thing when she gets sick..I will wait patiently..
That don't mean I don't love her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 hr Redeemed 84,324
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 15 hr Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web