Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494919 Nov 26, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches in every corner is good, churches feed the needy, mine does.
Nothing is to good for Christ the King!
Churches don't feed anyone. Its the 1% of church goer's who do the volunteer work. 1%! The churches just collect the money that followers are instructed to give.

If there were no churches I am sure the same people would be helping the needy as they do now.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494920 Nov 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rejoice in OSAS.....false teachings.....
Not hardly.....
What part of your salvation came from you or did you earn?

Can you read BLACK PRINT on WHITE PAPER???

ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers former pastor of a congregation that exceeded 30,000 souls who passed away 2005.

1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.

2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.

3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
Being confident of this very thing, that He [God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.(Philippians 1:6) Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit of God does for your salvation. First, He convicted you of sin. Second, He converted you. And the Convictor and the Converter is also the Completer. If God fails to finish what He's begun God has failed and He cannot fail.

4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For whom He [God] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestinated it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?

5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17) You are in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. Your security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. And if you're in Jesus, you're secure and if you're not in Jesus you're not secure.

6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was it wasn't everlasting.

7. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.(John 17:9) Jesus also prayed: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:15, 20). Say your name in that verse because Jesus prayed for you! Has Jesus ever prayed a prayer that wasn't answered? No, not one (see John 11:42 and Hebrews 7:25).
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494921 Nov 26, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many more could you feed with the money spent on all these Temples of Vanity? No one would be homeless. Everyone could be fed. Surely any god would approve of such! And yet we have a church on every street corner.
It's quite sad, actually.
....How many billions is it now that have been allocated for victims/lawyers because of the thousands of cases of sexual abuse by the clergy around the world?

....Imagine how many BILLIONS of boxes of kraft dinner could have been purchased for the needy if the catholic clergy had been living the same moral life as the ones they instruct to do.

..UNBELIEVABLE!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494922 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is someone else posting under your name? This is probaly the first post under OldJG to a Catholic that doesn't mock the Eucharist or claim 50 million killed by the CC.
He has revealed truth(s) to us. He has not revealed ALL truth to us.
He has revealed enough truth that if we believe we will not go to hell but will spend eternity with Him. GUARANTEED!!!!!

What more truth do we need?
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#494923 Nov 26, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Golly you've made some very broad assumptions. I am in a secure enough position to take the shots that I have here. Although, I confess, one feels one can always do more - especially this time of the year.
Assume this, not just this time of yr. these people need help 365 days a yr.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494924 Nov 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Not everyone is a cradle Catholic. There are many converts who did years of investigation before joining.

There are many more flying out the church doors for the last time.

GOOGLE "catholics leaving Ireland"........catholics leaving Germany.........catholics leaving netherlands.......c...etc.

*****Its good to get both sides of the story. Why those who join and those who flee.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494925 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
He has revealed enough truth that if we believe we will not go to hell but will spend eternity with Him. GUARANTEED!!!!!
What more truth do we need?
There are no GURANTEES in life. GURANTEED!!!!

Wishful thinking, and anticipation guide your life.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#494926 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of your salvation came from you. REJOICE....you have a God who will not treat you like the ignorant theology you believe. Can you read black print on white paper??????????
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
Being confident of this very thing, that He [God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.(Philippians 1:6) Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit of God does for your salvation. First, He convicted you of sin. Second, He converted you. And the Convictor and the Converter is also the Completer. If God fails to finish what He's begun God has failed and He cannot fail.
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For whom He [God] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestinated it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17) You are in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. Your security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. And if you're in Jesus, you're secure and if you're not in Jesus you're not secure.
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was it wasn't everlasting.
<snip>
"I believe slavery is a much maligned institution; if we had slavery today, we would not have this welfare mess."[3][4]
-Adrian Rogers
3.Jump up ^ Sherman, Cecil E.(2008). By My Own Reckoning. Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys Publishing, Inc. p. 189. ISBN 1-57312-506-7.
4.Jump up ^ Edward T. Babinski, ed., Leaving the Fold: Testimonies of Former Fundamentalists (N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 1995) ISBN 1-59102-217-7 p. 125 See [1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Rogers
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#494927 Nov 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay indoors until about this,time of year, otherwise,too hot and,or. rainy
Thank goodness,for tv and internet ...isn't New,York going to get hit bad with the,storm???
not in NY, this is where server is located. I'm a few states lower on east coast. yep, thankful for all this new technology, although it's a struggle to keep up to date with this stuff for anyone over the age of 60.
Take care RoSesz, happy thanksgiving.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#494928 Nov 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many more flying out the church doors for the last time.
GOOGLE "catholics leaving Ireland"........catholics leaving Germany.........catholics leaving netherlands.......c...etc.
*****Its good to get both sides of the story. Why those who join and those who flee.
"many more flying out..." "Catholics leaving...." "Catholics leaving..."

blah blah blah

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#494929 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume this, not just this time of yr. these people need help 365 days a yr.
Absolutely. It's always struck me as sad that we only focus on feeding folks at Thanksgiving. Or forget the kids getting school lunches during the summer. But I think it's a natural reaction - we're all looking forward to strapping on the feedbag and it makes us feel for those who do without.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#494930 Nov 26, 2013
These non believers are truly unbelievable. They keep trying to turn us believers to the dark side. Fr. Jarboe during one of his homilies warned us to not dabble in the dark side, he stated it's very strong, much stronger than us.

Good will prevail....St. Michael the Archangel, protect us..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494931 Nov 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"many more flying out..." "Catholics leaving...." "Catholics leaving..."
blah blah blah
You don't want to know the truth>

I bring the news that catholics need to know, but its the news they don't want to know.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#494932 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
These non believers are truly unbelievable. They keep trying to turn us believers to the dark side. Fr. Jarboe during one of his homilies warned us to not dabble in the dark side, he stated it's very strong, much stronger than us.
So did Yoda.

I don't think the dark side is where people have homes and get fed though, do you?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494933 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Father Jarboe warns you to do something. Michael the archangel
protects you.
----------
Do you ever do anything yourself without relying on others to guide you along?

very sad!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#494934 Nov 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't pick on Michael for recognizing the hypocrisy in what used to be his, and is now your religion.
The hypocrisy is plain for anyone that wants to see.
My father was raised by strict Catholic parents, who chastised him when as a boy he went to them for "help." They told him that they never wanted to hear him say such things again about a "man of GOD."
They believed the priest and dissed their own son as a liar.

----------
June, please understand that your father lived in a generation that could not even speak of the things that are common talk today. Most of them (except the guilty) could not even imagine a priest/minister being anything but a 'man of God'.

His parents were must have been shocked at such an accusation from their son.(Most didn't even know that people did such things.) I asked my mother what to expect in childbirth after I was already in labor with my first child. It was such a forbidden subject that she could not bring herself to tell me anything.(It wasn't that she didn't know; she had given birth to fifteen.)

Forgive them, and put the blame on ignorance, not on God. There is a difference in 'ignorance' and 'hypocrisy'.

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#494935 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's cease with the pretensions Rose, I know what you're referring to. You think a protestant minister who sins and repents is sincere while a priest who sins and repents is not. If you had a fraction the facts on the abuse scandal you wouldn't be asking these kind of questions. I'll pretend for a moment that you can put aside your bias and your questions are sincere:
1128 This is the meaning of the Church's affirmation49 that the sacraments act ex opere operato (literally: "by the very fact of the action's being performed"), i.e., by virtue of the saving work of Christ, accomplished once for all. It follows that "the sacrament is not wrought by the righteousness of either the celebrant or the recipient, but by the power of God."50 From the moment that a sacrament is celebrated in accordance with the intention of the Church, the power of Christ and his Spirit acts in and through it, independently of the personal holiness of the minister. Nevertheless, the fruits of the sacraments also depend on the disposition of the one who receives them.
To A born again Christian the Bible says.

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

to those that have a historical religion...

HE MUST DO HIS -->FIRST WORKS...

HE MUST BE BORN AGAIN

TIL HE IS BORN AGAIN HE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN

JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:

--> repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#494936 Nov 26, 2013
Apatheist, check out your local food pantry in your county. I'm sure they could use your help or a few canned goods or other non perishable foods. Also remember bath soap, toothpaste/brushes, personal hygiene items.

Sounds like your heart is in the right place. Best of luck to you and hope you enjoy your thanksgiving dinner.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#494937 Nov 26, 2013
Try asking your Guarding Angel to guide you. He's always by your side.
have you ever taken a fall, which usually feels like you are moving in slow motion and you can actually feel as if a hand has you cupped and lets you down easy? I have and I atribute this to my guarding angel.
You unbelievers, you just got to believe. Your lives would probably be alot better for it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#494938 Nov 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Is pleading for a convert part of your quota requirements?
Or do you think you are so much better that pleading with another provides you comfort for yourself?
This is how you sound:
"Please Rose, investigate the religion before you step into a church again, so you can see and understand that no religion - in any part of the world - will make you a better person."
What you post seems to be "all about you."
*sighs*
Funny - you will promote Self, but reject it with every chance you get.
I myself ..say to June,herself ..to open her heart to the,Lord.

Self so what ...You And,SELF need a cruise ....

No quota,..I myself ..am mire content having FAITH..in the,Lord .

I myself think Both June,and,Michael themselves are confusing the
Disappointment with RELIGION ..with a,CHURCH OR PRIEST ...with the,Love offered by God ...which is manifest in the,SELFLESS sacrifice of Jesus,..

Each if us,answer s for ourselves .to believe or not
..But our,Sins,went to the,CROSS WITH HIM....if we stand before God we are represented by ourSelves or by Jesus,

For myself I choose Jesus as on my own SELF ...I'm not worthy .

?????.happy ??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 14 hr par five 84,140
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Cultastic 9,208
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 23 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church 23 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States Tue Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Mon KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web