Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,871)

Showing posts 477,401 - 477,420 of532,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>yes Nick is home. Regina is reposting from last year...
Regina is seizing this opportunity to discredit marge and as a result appear to be your friend. Has this happened before?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You know if they didn't pray to mary and or the saints they could just come out and say so, they won't for some reason.
Not true.First you have been in Topix forever.Still you dont know what Orthodox believe?I gave you a very very lengthy post re icons explaining everything. You responded about "idols" and didnt show that you gave thought to anything I took time to write.

We know that you know very little re the Bible or Christ's real message.You post little blurbs that have no purpose other than to pose yourself a certain way.

What I tried to do by posting what I went through was not to look for sympathy.It was to try to get through to you that there is a real world.In the real world little computer blurbs don't get it.
When you face fear, suffering, death,You are either right with Christ or not.He is either there or not.

I know you still don't know what you did wrong.

I truly thank Preston, Rose,Kay Marie,and all the others who saw the lack of Christian feeling in what Marge said and corrected her. I also thank Regina and the Catholic who did pray for me. I apologize to Regina for not believing her.

I dont want to admit it but to go through this and then to think I that I am going through this because I displeased my Savior Whom I love was very hurtful. Your correcting Marge helped.

Thank You GBU

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Have her banned...no way ever forum needs a clown
For the record ..the only person who can get their posts,pulled ..or get banned is the POSTER THEMSELVES...Topix has,TOS and,READS posts,those that violate TOS are pulled ...if they are offensive ...

They could care less about opinions,or there would be no forums ..One side or another ..keeps the Debate going .

This,forum has been here a long time...lots if opinions .

Have to say ...except for a few exceptions ...it's,tame compared to some ...but they HAVe rules,
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Not true.First you have been in Topix forever.Still you dont know what Orthodox believe?I gave you a very very lengthy post re icons explaining everything. You responded about "idols" and didnt show that you gave thought to anything I took time to write.
We know that you know very little re the Bible or Christ's real message.You post little blurbs that have no purpose other than to pose yourself a certain way.
What I tried to do by posting what I went through was not to look for sympathy.It was to try to get through to you that there is a real world.In the real world little computer blurbs don't get it.
When you face fear, suffering, death,You are either right with Christ or not.He is either there or not.
I truly thank Preston, Rose,Kay Marie,and all the others who saw the lack of Christian feeling in what Marge said and corrected her. I also thank Regina and the Catholic who did pray for me. I apologize to Regina for not believing her.
I dont want to admit it but to go through this and then to think I that I am going through this because I displeased my Savior Whom I love was very hurtful. Your correcting Marge helped.
Thank You GBU
As I hope you noticed from my copying/pasting, Marge also prayed for you. She doesn't deserve the ill treatment she's been subjected to. She thinks she's doing the right thing by defending God. The names she was called hurt me very much. It's empathy...surely you're no stranger to it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
and yeah marge, I do HATE everything about you and I have ever since you came on this forum, Havent I?
you and your attitude stinks, but don't worry, some day you will be with your peers.
You call yourself a pastor? No man of God would thrown fuel on the fire between marge and Seraphima. A true pastor would have intervened as a peace maker, but not you. You stepped in as a worldly lost soul and became the first to throw a stone at marge. Shame on you.

Your actions tell the world you do not believe the very Bible you preach from. Ever read Ephesians 4:29-32, 29 Donít use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
30 And do not bring sorrow to Godís Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

So stupid - what church wouldn't make this claim? LOL.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

I think I sense a move toward revival here. Forgiveness, defending others (even if they did 'goof up'), and prayer for each other.

There is hope for us yet...Praise God.

KayMarie
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

<quoted text>God Bless You Kaye Marie
Hi Herme, how are you doing. I have been reading some of the post on here and it seem your still pretty sick.
I will continue to pray for you, and for your wife as well.
You both are dear people, I really hope you have a full recovery. God bless you both.
My husband is finally starting to heal he is doing very well.
he is starting to go for small walks.
Has Jethro stilling on the board, I would like to know how he is, as well as Orville.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I was worried about being hurtful to God by mixing prayers, answer my questions RoSeze, should we be fighting when Hermi is still ill?
Or shall we pray for him and seri together in Jesus' name?
I'm sorry Hermi and Seri, I want nothing but you to be well.
In His Name
Amen
and thank you .
i totally agree. this is totally hurtful ..my intention is as yours ...pray for them...
and all those families here who need prayer for healing...
and for the salvation of loved ones ..

that we all may have a most blessed and healthy Thanksgiving and Holidays with our families.
we ask as you said of the Father in Jesus name

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Herme, how are you doing. I have been reading some of the post on here and it seem your still pretty sick.
You both are dear people, I really hope you have a full recovery. God bless you both.
Has Jethro stilling on the board, I would like to know how he is, as well as Orville.
Thank God he is better ...he has been in our prayers

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

In fact the very prayer that started this carfufel ...(a judge
Judy word ..lol)

ANYHOW WE ALL AGREE PRAYER IS A GOOD THING ..well amongst those who pray.

GOD bless us all ....:)

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

<quoted text>Not true.First you have been in Topix forever.Still you dont know what Orthodox believe?I gave you a very very lengthy post re icons explaining everything. You responded about "idols" and didnt show that you gave thought to anything I took time to write.
Thank You GBU
We love you guys,...where is your raging bull ..Lol
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

And not one of you will step in and tell him that I was the only one who defended her until he showed up an hour ago. You'll just let him malign me even though you know he's wrong....

I wish there was a key one could type that expressed shaking one's head in amazement and disgust.(Although shame on me for still being amazed by you!!)
Umm, don't congratulate yourselves just quite yet...

Have a fantastic night everyone!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I was worried about being hurtful to God by mixing prayers, answer my questions RoSeze, should we be fighting when Hermi is still ill?
Or shall we pray for him and seri together in Jesus' name?
I'm sorry Hermi and Seri, I want nothing but you to be well.
In His Name
I already forgave you.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
And not one of you will step in and tell him that I was the only one who defended her until he showed up an hour ago. You'll just let him malign me even though you know he's wrong....
I wish there was a key one could type that expressed shaking one's head in amazement and disgust.(Although shame on me for still being amazed by you!!)
Umm, don't congratulate yourselves just quite yet...
Have a fantastic night everyone!!!
what ate you talking about??? He,who ..

I said,it was,good you posted that ...so did Sera ..please,let's,not start up.again ...

Marge and I just prayed ..she,apologized .

Sera,apologized to you...
Can we not end the evening in peace ??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pleased to know your husband is doing better. Ill continue to keep you both in my prayers.Rose says I am getting better. I trust her.Recently Orville had a couple posts. GBU

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

How is,everyone's weather ??

It's,supposed to get a,bit cooler for Thanksgiving...
Washing the,sweatshirts ..Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at what He said, not what you say.
Matt. 26:26-28; Mark. 14:22,24; Luke 22;19-20; 1 Cor. 11:24-25 - Jesus says, this IS my body and blood. Jesus does not say, this is a symbol of my body and blood.
Matt. 26:26; Mark. 14:22; Luke 22:19-20 - the Greek phrase is "Touto estin to soma mou." This phraseology means "this is actually" or "this is really" my body and blood.
1 Cor. 11:24 - the same translation is used by Paul - "touto mou estin to soma." The statement is "this is really" my body and blood. Nowhere in Scripture does God ever declare something without making it so.
Matt. 26:26; Mark. 14:22; Luke 22:19 - to deny the 2,000 year-old Catholic understanding of the Eucharist, Protestants must argue that Jesus was really saying "this represents (not is) my body and blood." However, Aramaic, the language that Jesus spoke, had over 30 words for "represent," but Jesus did not use any of them. He used the Aramaic word for "estin" which means "is."
cannibal:(
1. A person who eats the flesh of other humans.

Christ never taught that we are to be cannibals....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there is a new teaching on the bread that I've never heard before.
I'll stick with the word of God as communicated orally and in writing by the Apostles.
Jesus is the Lamb of God. The Lamb was sacrificed and consumed by the Jews and so is Jesus. The last supper, calvary, and every single Catholic mass its the same sacrifice.
"Happy are those called to the supper of the Lamb." Revelation 19:9
The Eucharist is the word of God; the New Testament/New Covenant. Luke 22: 20
You changed what the Lord installed. So don't blame Marge for doing the same thing you're guilty of.
"They do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the father in His goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"
Ignatius of Antioch
Are you going to be so bold to say a man who learned the faith verbally from the Apostles got it wrong, and now you got it right?
cannibal:
1. A person who eats the flesh of other humans.

Christ never taught we are to be cannibals...

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

<quoted text>I am pleased to know your husband is doing better. Ill continue to keep you both in my prayers.Rose says I am getting better. I trust her.Recently Orville had a couple posts. GBU
Ummm who are Orville and Jethro ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 477,401 - 477,420 of532,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Married in 8,118
More 13 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 18 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 23 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••