Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683856 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#495003 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Now that makes sense doesn't it...But for some reason the Catholics here can not stand that....my opinion is my opinion
Sera, I'm really not trying to pick a fight with you. I try to take into account your passionate personality, yet I still get rather puzzled when you make the statements you do in the heat of an argument.

I've wondered what this forum would be like if there were several Orthodox posting and just myself representing the Catholic Church. Would I react the way you do if I felt I was being attacked by some of them and treated fairly by only a few? Would I take comfort in being treated kindly by some protestants with whom I share very little in the form of doctrine? How would the dynamic of this board change if there were several other Orthodox posting here with you? Would there be issues such as when the Coptic Christian was here?

I imagine that's how you and Nick must feel. I'm sorry for that. In my real life away from this forum I share nothing but love and joy with my Orthodox relatives and friends. I sincerely hope you can look past these little skirmishes and reconsider some of the things you think and say about our Church.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#495004 Nov 26, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Preston is a brother to me. Yes, even if he thinks Im going to hell. Yes , even if he does not believe in Icons, Saints, etc etc etc.The remark was very very hurtful.Preston was not about attacking someone's theology.He was angry that someone would say what she would say.
lol, first I truly believe that you love the Lord. nothing else matters to me than that.

and I will say this, if another had said that to you and sera, I would have spoken up and said something to them.

common sense needs to prevail, God isn't in any of us speaking like that to someone sick and to their caregiver.

and what is funny is that oldjg ATTACKS me because I withstood her, yet he said nothing to her over this display of a satanic attack on you two.

I am outspoken, Yes, but I will not abuse the Word of God towards anyone.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#495005 Nov 26, 2013
<quoted text>Preston is a brother to me. Yes, even if he thinks Im going to hell. Yes , even if he does not believe in Icons, Saints, etc etc etc.The remark was very very hurtful.Preston was not about attacking someone's theology.He was angry that someone would say what she would say.
Oh, I see. You're excusing him.
I'm sure it was very *humiliating* for the person he was abusing, however.

Yes, a double standard exists here...but this isn't a news flash to anyone.

I'm truly sorry to hear this, Nick. You've sold your soul for a little attention. And in the process played right into the hands of an opportunist. Right and wrong no longer matter to you, at least in some cases. Souls can be sacrificed for your "brother".

Sorrow doesn't begin to describe it. Well, at least you're honest about it. Thanks for answering, I guess.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#495006 Nov 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme
Peace
You are quite right!
The Source of Salvation is not in man, but in God. So it doesn't matter what church one goes to, rather it is the relationship of the individual with God.
Leave it up to human beings to flub up a good thing...(smiles).
Peace
Well Said

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#495007 Nov 26, 2013
LAMB of God who takes,away the sins,of the world have mercy on us,and Grant US,Peace .

These,words,will not leave my heart ..so I posted them .

Also this related

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#495008 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all. But it seems I was right about this...it didn't come from you, you repeated what your friends said. There's nothing wrong with being an Old Calendarist if that's what you really believe. I think there are even Old Calendarist Catholics. I also think you're trying too hard, Sera.
trying to hard to what? Be like you? I believe in what the old calendarist and and it does come from me..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#495009 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is someone else posting under your name? This is probaly the first post under OldJG to a Catholic that doesn't mock the Eucharist or claim 50 million killed by the CC.
He has revealed truth(s) to us. He has not revealed ALL truth to us.
Why do you call yourself a "Catholic". You are a Roman Catholic, correct?

Location hidden

#495010 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, I'm really not trying to pick a fight with you. I try to take into account your passionate personality, yet I still get rather puzzled when you make the statements you do in the heat of an argument.
I've wondered what this forum would be like if there were several Orthodox posting and just myself representing the Catholic Church. Would I react the way you do if I felt I was being attacked by some of them and treated fairly by only a few? Would I take comfort in being treated kindly by some protestants with whom I share very little in the form of doctrine? How would the dynamic of this board change if there were several other Orthodox posting here with you? Would there be issues such as when the Coptic Christian was here?
I imagine that's how you and Nick must feel. I'm sorry for that. In my real life away from this forum I share nothing but love and joy with my Orthodox relatives and friends. I sincerely hope you can look past these little skirmishes and reconsider some of the things you think and say about our Church.
----------

Anthony,
Its difficult to tame the "Raging Bull".I respect your comments and always know that you are sincere.You posted something in humility a while back and it influenced me to temper my remarks as well re the Catholic Church.As far as the "aging Bull" is concerned, when she sees the red cape cape, she charges. Torro!!!???

Location hidden

#495011 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You picked a fight when you made the comment about my old protestant days....

Location hidden

#495012 Nov 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You don't act like your even ten, Miss pinhead.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#495013 Nov 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
JG
Sera,acknowledged and aspoligized to Regina,
REGINA posted some old posts,that were nice .
Marge, apologized,..She and,I agreed fighting was,not good .
We both prayed ..
Nick forgave Marge,.
Cowboy acknowledged marges,apology .
I wished Busker a, blessed Thanks giving
I think thats,as good as its going to get .
And,Sera,went shopping ..see best send me something ..Lol
JUS KIDDING
Let's please get over this one ...:)
And prePARE to thank God with our families
For Thanksgiving :)
Peace and God bless,all
I agree. Enough said. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Footnote: Our 7 year old grandson told us tonight first we stuff the turkey and then the turkey stuffs us. Cracked me up!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#495014 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm truly sorry to hear this, Nick. You've sold your soul for a little attention. And in the process played right into the hands of an opportunist. Right and wrong no longer matter to you, at least in some cases. Souls can be sacrificed for your "brother".
Sorrow doesn't begin to describe it. Well, at least you're honest about it. Thanks for answering, I guess.
so you are [taking] up for marge and her hateful satanic attack on them? is it because it was directed towards them, is that it?

or it is because it was ME that spoke up against her?

either way, you align your self with marge, who is [speaking] against the very same displays of religion that you exhibit.

I withstood her over her attack that was personal ,by marge saying that his illness is caused by him praying to idols and dead people that have gone on before us.and for reference, she used something from [got question].

even with the distaste that I feel towards you , and if you were very ill and she said that to you, I would [possibly] say something to her, but more than likely, I would remain silent so oldjg wouldn't say something to me.

the difference between Nick and Rose is that they place the Lord over their church affiliation AND YOU DONT! therefore I regard them differently than I do you, clay or Anthony.

Location hidden

#495015 Nov 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So do I and so do others, so don't go into a hissy fit next time someone makes a remark you don't like.
You do get it do you....debating aith is one thing being hateful and saying cruel thinks like nicks illness is due to his sin is totally diffeant.Post what ever ou like about your faith ad other will o the same..I don't have a problem with that.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495016 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, this has to be asked. It's a sincere question.
What do you consider calling someone a nobody, a clown, a scumbag, and then telling them you hate everything about them and always have to be, if not a "personal attack on their human self"??
Some people call it correction. I call it abuse. Personal abuse. And all because someone voiced their opinion about the effects of sin.
Yes, I know I'm bringing it up again, but there's a very obvious double standard going on with you and your friends, Sera, and I'd really like to hear your rationale (-ization?).
You know,..I know, nothing about you ..have you ever loved someone so much .And I'd say this privately if you signed in
..And cared for them so much for their care that you would defend them against any hurts,.. kids. Parents husband ..nd got carried away on what you saw,as an attack against them PERSONALLY...

debate is one thing ...that's,what a forum is,for ...

If not ...You know,nothing ....And y our starting up again ..something we resolved ..apologies ..prayers ..praise to you .for BRING up old posts ..forgiveness ...all around .........And for some reason you left angry.
LAST NITE ..it was settled as Christians,SHOULD settle ..even same this morning .

We,settled this last night ..everyone...But in your mind it needs to be starters,again?????

WHY ???

Are tempers not short enough??
PleAse .

Marge apologized Nick forgave her ..She and I prayed ...her apology was acknowledged by others including Preston .

Let's,let it lie ..pleAse .you said the fighting sickened you ..why restart it ??

We have much to be thankful for ..Let's just do it ..

HAVE @ blessed Thanksgiving

Location hidden

#495017 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, this has to be asked. It's a sincere question.
What do you consider calling someone a nobody, a clown, a scumbag, and then telling them you hate everything about them and always have to be, if not a "personal attack on their human self"??
Some people call it correction. I call it abuse. Personal abuse. And all because someone voiced their opinion about the effects of sin.
Yes, I know I'm bringing it up again, but there's a very obvious double standard going on with you and your friends, Sera, and I'd really like to hear your rationale (-ization?).
Since You seem to value you my opinion here it is...Look in the mirror and ask yourself that very same question since you are the personal insult queen of this forum.Unless you had a thunder bolt of change hit you (which I doubt)you still wear the crown.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#495018 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes everyone see's it, I'm ok Regina. God bless you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495019 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Enough said. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Footnote: Our 7 year old grandson told us tonight first we stuff the turkey and then the turkey stuffs us. Cracked me up!
Adorable

Remember Art Linkleter Kids,say the standard things ..

Can't wait to see mine on Thursday ..
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#495020 Nov 26, 2013
This board is sick.

2000 years and this is it?

'He said, she said' stuff, and everyone feigns being insulted and hurt.

Does this make your god happy?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495021 Nov 26, 2013
<quoted text>----------
Anthony,
Its difficult to tame the "Raging Bull".I respect your comments and always know that you are sincere.You posted something in humility a while back and it influenced me to temper my remarks as well re the Catholic Church.As far as the "aging Bull" is concerned, when she sees the red cape cape, she charges. Torro!!!???
In some cases ...wives,and mom s can't be wrangled ...And best NOT to try ..

Thought this was settled last night ..Sighs

Raging still better than aging IMO

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495022 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to wade through your convoluted post.
"What you are,saying is,the change,takes,place regardless,of the,priest and His,condition....
That was,the answer to the,question..thanks,"
Yes, the spiritual condition of the priest doesn't matter , it's by the power of the Holy Spirit the bread and wine is transformed. Just like the adulterous minister, he can preach the word and an unbeliever can come to Christ through the preaching and the Holy Spirit.
"Some,worthy ..some not ...would those,POPES,be valid giving dogma."
Again, can an adulterous minister preach the truth from the pulpit?
Have a nice Thanksgiving.
You also ..I answered your hypothetical :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web