Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,069
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#494705 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
NICKIE WAS PRAYING FOR THE SICK, NOT ABOUT NICK BEING SICK BUT IF HIS PRAYER Or ANYONES PRAYER WILL BE HEARD IF THEY ALSO PRAY TO iDOLS.
Get it?
Marge,

Point is, whatever our beliefs,..we joined together here,...To pray TO GOD ...for those who need healing here ...And I appreciated his,prayer for my family ...

And,GOD hears,all prayers to HIM ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#494706 Nov 25, 2013
who="marge" <quoted text>
I bet you never did that:)

----------
We all do that occasionally.:)

KayMarie

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#494707 Nov 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
marge
Ames, IA
Reply Ľ
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Healer of all, Lord Jesus, let your will be done with Herme,...
Yet we ask Herme not suffer and Seraphina be at your place of PEACE. We petion you Holy God, through the our beautiful Messiah-Jesus.
Amen.
Amen Amen
(Note: It was Marge who said "Amen Amen")
What exactly does this mean?

Is Herm OK?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494708 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You know if they didn't pray to mary and or the saints they could just come out and say so, they won't for some reason.
Marge ...I leave the answer s,to prayer to GOD ..

Our prayer was,to God ...But it's,now,a,source of contention...And,I honestly cannot see,any reason for it

GOD heard ..that's,all that counts ..for Me.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494709 Nov 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
ReginaM
Spring Lake, NJ
Reply Ľ
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Offering mass in Heavener, OK, in about 20 minutes. His recovery will be the Primary petition.
Rob
Father, I don't know if you meant this for Hermie or not, but I spoke to Sera and she wanted me to ask you to say Mass for him and keep him in your prayers daily. He's still in ICU but is stable right now. He has a team of doctors there who are working to get to the bottom of the situation. His priest visited but he couldn't receive communion as he couldn't take anything by mouth, however he did annoint him.
Sera also asked that everyone of sincere heart please pray for him.
That was,sweet ..it was before,I came back to topix ..But I would most certainly have joined you all .

God bless you
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#494710 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you very much for refreshing my memory.I am sorry for falsely acussing you. So much was going on at that time and still is.
Your apology is accepted. But....I didn't post it for that reason.
Preston said that only he and his little band of merry men prayed for you and hermie.
As you can see, many people here prayed for both of you. There are others that I didn't copy and paste as it's hard on my eyes scrolling through all those posts.
From the date, it was just prior to the hurricane and I remember not posting here much in those days as I was running around to the stores to prepare. In looking back through the posts, there weren't many Catholics posting then, but the few that did offered their prayers or prayed quietly.
Also, there were a few SDA's or other denominations who publicly offered their prayers. Preston does not consider these people to be Christians either.

Anthony and I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen. That's fine, you do what you want. But we know from experience what we're talking about. We've seen this many times before. Anthony even more so since he's been here longer. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

I feel sick to my stomach over what I've been reading here the last few days. Husker is right about one thing...it seems we're each getting our turn. No, God is not a part of this, not one single bit. Christ is not with anyone involved in this and no one can convince me that He is.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494711 Nov 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Herm OK?
yes Nick is home. Regina is reposting from last year...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#494712 Nov 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Herm OK?
These are old posts, from last year. There's been a lot of misunderstanding going on here and I was hoping to correct it.

He is still very ill from what they've been saying, but is on the mend, albeit slowly.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494713 Nov 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
ReginaM
Spring Lake, NJ
Reply Ľ
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Offering mass in Heavener, OK, in about 20 minutes. His recovery will be the Primary petition.
Rob
Father, I don't know if you meant this for Hermie or not, but I spoke to Sera and she wanted me to ask you to say Mass for him and keep him in your prayers daily. He's still in ICU but is stable right now. He has a team of doctors there who are working to get to the bottom of the situation. His priest visited but he couldn't receive communion as he couldn't take anything by mouth, however he did annoint him.
Sera also asked that everyone of sincere heart please pray for him.
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you very much for refreshing my memory.I am sorry for falsely acussing you. So much was going on at that time and still is.
Matthew 6:12, "and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors."

This is one of the most dangerous prayers we will ever pray. In this prayer we are asking God to forgive us the same way we forgive other people. Is this how we want to be forgiven?

Do you have to forgive "marge"? No. Should you forgive her? Yes. But only if you yourself want to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a choice. Seraphima, when we forgive two prisoners are set free and we discover we were one of those prisoners.

Forgive her and forget it.
marge

Ames, IA

#494714 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed that one ..But may be ..I hope,she will realize how hurtful
It was,.....
I was worried about being hurtful to God by mixing prayers, answer my questions RoSeze, should we be fighting when Hermi is still ill?

Or shall we pray for him and seri together in Jesus' name?

I'm sorry Hermi and Seri, I want nothing but you to be well.

In His Name

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#494715 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>yes Nick is home. Regina is reposting from last year...
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
These are old posts, from last year. There's been a lot of misunderstanding going on here and I was hoping to correct it.
He is still very ill from what they've been saying, but is on the mend, albeit slowly.
Good.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494716 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>yes Nick is home. Regina is reposting from last year...
Regina is seizing this opportunity to discredit marge and as a result appear to be your friend. Has this happened before?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#494717 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You know if they didn't pray to mary and or the saints they could just come out and say so, they won't for some reason.
Not true.First you have been in Topix forever.Still you dont know what Orthodox believe?I gave you a very very lengthy post re icons explaining everything. You responded about "idols" and didnt show that you gave thought to anything I took time to write.

We know that you know very little re the Bible or Christ's real message.You post little blurbs that have no purpose other than to pose yourself a certain way.

What I tried to do by posting what I went through was not to look for sympathy.It was to try to get through to you that there is a real world.In the real world little computer blurbs don't get it.
When you face fear, suffering, death,You are either right with Christ or not.He is either there or not.

I know you still don't know what you did wrong.

I truly thank Preston, Rose,Kay Marie,and all the others who saw the lack of Christian feeling in what Marge said and corrected her. I also thank Regina and the Catholic who did pray for me. I apologize to Regina for not believing her.

I dont want to admit it but to go through this and then to think I that I am going through this because I displeased my Savior Whom I love was very hurtful. Your correcting Marge helped.

Thank You GBU

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494718 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Have her banned...no way ever forum needs a clown
For the record ..the only person who can get their posts,pulled ..or get banned is the POSTER THEMSELVES...Topix has,TOS and,READS posts,those that violate TOS are pulled ...if they are offensive ...

They could care less about opinions,or there would be no forums ..One side or another ..keeps the Debate going .

This,forum has been here a long time...lots if opinions .

Have to say ...except for a few exceptions ...it's,tame compared to some ...but they HAVe rules,
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#494719 Nov 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Not true.First you have been in Topix forever.Still you dont know what Orthodox believe?I gave you a very very lengthy post re icons explaining everything. You responded about "idols" and didnt show that you gave thought to anything I took time to write.
We know that you know very little re the Bible or Christ's real message.You post little blurbs that have no purpose other than to pose yourself a certain way.
What I tried to do by posting what I went through was not to look for sympathy.It was to try to get through to you that there is a real world.In the real world little computer blurbs don't get it.
When you face fear, suffering, death,You are either right with Christ or not.He is either there or not.
I know you still don't know what you did wrong.
I truly thank Preston, Rose,Kay Marie,and all the others who saw the lack of Christian feeling in what Marge said and corrected her. I also thank Regina and the Catholic who did pray for me. I apologize to Regina for not believing her.
I dont want to admit it but to go through this and then to think I that I am going through this because I displeased my Savior Whom I love was very hurtful. Your correcting Marge helped.
Thank You GBU
As I hope you noticed from my copying/pasting, Marge also prayed for you. She doesn't deserve the ill treatment she's been subjected to. She thinks she's doing the right thing by defending God. The names she was called hurt me very much. It's empathy...surely you're no stranger to it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494720 Nov 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
and yeah marge, I do HATE everything about you and I have ever since you came on this forum, Havent I?
you and your attitude stinks, but don't worry, some day you will be with your peers.
You call yourself a pastor? No man of God would thrown fuel on the fire between marge and Seraphima. A true pastor would have intervened as a peace maker, but not you. You stepped in as a worldly lost soul and became the first to throw a stone at marge. Shame on you.

Your actions tell the world you do not believe the very Bible you preach from. Ever read Ephesians 4:29-32, 29 Donít use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
30 And do not bring sorrow to Godís Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#494721 Nov 25, 2013
So stupid - what church wouldn't make this claim? LOL.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#494722 Nov 25, 2013
I think I sense a move toward revival here. Forgiveness, defending others (even if they did 'goof up'), and prayer for each other.

There is hope for us yet...Praise God.

KayMarie
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494723 Nov 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>God Bless You Kaye Marie
Hi Herme, how are you doing. I have been reading some of the post on here and it seem your still pretty sick.
I will continue to pray for you, and for your wife as well.
You both are dear people, I really hope you have a full recovery. God bless you both.
My husband is finally starting to heal he is doing very well.
he is starting to go for small walks.
Has Jethro stilling on the board, I would like to know how he is, as well as Orville.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494724 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I was worried about being hurtful to God by mixing prayers, answer my questions RoSeze, should we be fighting when Hermi is still ill?
Or shall we pray for him and seri together in Jesus' name?
I'm sorry Hermi and Seri, I want nothing but you to be well.
In His Name
Amen
and thank you .
i totally agree. this is totally hurtful ..my intention is as yours ...pray for them...
and all those families here who need prayer for healing...
and for the salvation of loved ones ..

that we all may have a most blessed and healthy Thanksgiving and Holidays with our families.
we ask as you said of the Father in Jesus name

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Scales Off 8,880
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Mon SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web