Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,451
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#494543 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
I also stated that over the years thousands of men/women have left their vocations, few catholics ever wish them well. I have known many in my years through the church I belonged to and most of the talk was negative towards the priest/nun leaving.
.......very sad, but thats how catholics are wired. Look down their noses at those that just don't meet their expectations.
.......very sad!
Well in this,day and age...not speak in of past action..

Luckily that's,all they do..should someone from a certain other religion convert or leave..They are,beheaded..or worse ..

Hopefully Christian d have learned from the past ...But family feeling
Sometimes,transgresses. All common sense ..

Again each person is,responsible for his heart ...And hopefully they open it to the Spirit ..

God gave us,free will ...JESUS,never told a single person to FORCE anyone into belief ..we can plant a,seed ..if belief is rejected ...we,pray that seed will flourish in the future ..

As I try to keep telling you MICHAEL God is,NOT responsible for the wrong that folks,do in His,name .

You have so much anger ...it's,obvious RELIGIUOS people have hurt
You ...again THAT'S,NOT GOD ..NOT JESUS,..
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#494544 Nov 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this question makes as much sense as you catholics believing it was His body. lol
I forgot the word "say". He clearly said it's His body. No qualifiers, no hedging, no use of the word "symbol", yet you insist He didn't mean what He clearly said.

You feel comfortable constantly mocking and deriding Catholics for taking Jesus at His word here preston. I think it's a sign of you being unsure of your beliefs.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#494545 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU don't refute Jesus, because you are certain that if Jesus lived he would have believed exactly the way YOU believe.
SELF.
:)
Actually, if Jesus lived, he wouldn't believe like me, but I would believe like him - through the use of other men from antiquity - just like Jesus did.

So again, you are wrong in your conclusion.
StarC

United States

#494546 Nov 25, 2013
November 25, 2013.( Romereports.com )(-ONLY VIDEO-) Vladimir Putin made his way to the Vatican on Monday afternoon, to meet with Pope Francis at the Vatican's Apostolic Palace.

During their 35 minute meeting the Pope urged Vladimir Putin to protect human dignity. As a gift, the president gave the Pope an Byzantine icon of Our Lady of Tenderness. Even though this is the first time both leaders have directly met, they had addressed each-other before.

At the start of the G20 summit in Russia, the Pope sent a letter to Putin, urging world leaders to not respond to the Syrian crisis with military action. In Putin's open letter to the New York Times, the president highlighted the Pope's call to set weapons aside.

Putin met with Benedict XVI in 2007 and with John Paul II, twice, in the year 2000 .

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494547 Nov 25, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent this is why we have the Sacrament of Penance [John 20: 22-23] the priest may give you prayer to say , sometime to say the Rosary.
So when you went to Catholic school you never went to confession? You must know this.
I get that ..why not reread the ORIGINAL POST,I was,answering .

It was a,quote,that made it sound,that an unrepentant person on the verge,of HE 'll...could,say the,rosary every day..I said,why would they

UNLESS,THEY HAD,REPENTED,

or were mistakenly thinking reciting the,rosary ..by itself saved them

It won't without Repentance and,Faith in Jesus,....

The,quote was,misleading ....

That was,my only point ..nothing against the,rosary ...or anything else Catholic .

As,usual she took it wrong...nothing to do with me learning how,to pray the,rosary ...without repentance and,FAITH it's,just words,with no heart or faith...

..so did you...by reading just my post and hers,and bot the FIRST ONE...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#494548 Nov 25, 2013
who="Seraphima" <quoted text>Anyone that has the nerve to imply that nicks illness is due to sin is not a Christian..period. Even if that person believes that it should never have been said to someone who is ill and is struggle to survive.I find it evil and the lowest of low.No she didn't kill anyone and yes that is her opinion but Her big mouth shows just what a Christian she is. When someone shows you who they are the first time,believe it.How many years have you guys gone back and forth over the same things over and over again? You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.We are taught that if once twice you try to teach someone Orthodoxy and they want to argue,then walk away. Your not going to bring anyone to your beliefs by shoveing the Catholic church down their throats.It is better to walk away than to loose your own soul to the devil by commiting sin...wrath, pride etc. I am so guilty of these things myself...I see my faults,I know what my faults are. I would love nothing more than to have EVERYONE on this forum to share and learn from each other. To have compassion and fellowship with everyone here.To pray for one another and to share our griefs and joys.I feel that is productive and Christ would smile down on all of us.

----------
Very touching post, Sere, and true. Jesus said that He did not come to condemn the world (John 3;17), but those who claim to be His followers are guilty of this.

Sickness is caused by germs, or polluted air, illicit sexual behavior, or poisons of various sorts.(The STD's are the only 'sickness' on that list that are caused by sin.)

We are to pray for one another when there is sickness. James said that "the prayer of faith will save the sick, AND IF he has committed sins, they will be forgiven." So, even if our failure has opened a door for illness,'the prayer of faith will save the sick'.

Those who condemn the sick are guilty of sin (condemning others, AND failing to pray for them). The guilty may even be inviting illness against himself.

KayMarie
StarC

United States

#494549 Nov 25, 2013
November 25, 2013.( Romereports.com ) More than 3,000 pilgrims from the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church welcomed Pope Francis, amid applause at St. Peter's Basilica. The ceremony took place to mark the 50th anniversary since the relics of Ukrainian martyr St. Josaphat were transferred to the Basilica.

“Blessed Father. Beloved by all Ukrainians, Pope Francis!”

The enthusiasm from the major archbishop for the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church, Sviatoslav Shevchuk, was evident as he greeted Pope Francis in the Pope's native language.

Along with the much larger Ukrainian group, a smaller Greek-Catholic delegation from Belarus attended. The Pope spoke about how St. Josaphat is an example of the communion of saints.

POPE FRANCIS
“The memory of this martyred saint speaks to us about the communion of saints, of the communion of life between all of the people who belong to Christ.”

The Pope added that the best way to honor St. Josaphat is to love and serve towards the unity of the Church. He called on Ukrainians to build stronger relationships with other Churches.

POPE FRANCIS
“I hope that the deep communion that you wish to strengthen each day within the Catholic Church, will help you build bridges of fraternity also with other Churches and ecclesiastical communities in Ukrainian land, and wherever your communities are present.”

St. Josaphat was a Ukrainian Greek-Catholic bishop from the 17th Century, beatified by the Catholic Church in 1643, and canonized by Pius IX in 1867.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494550 Nov 25, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent this is why we have the Sacrament of Penance [John 20: 22-23] the priest may give you prayer to say , sometime to say the Rosary.
So when you went to Catholic school you never went to confession? You must know this.
ONE MORE TIME ..talking to you folks,is,like living in glue,..

I know,what Confession is,...again purposefully misquoting or misunderstanding ...the ORIGINAL POST said nothing ABOUT REPENTIBG OR HAVING FAITH

I know,what Repenting to Jesus is ..NOT THE,POJNT ..But you guys,have it your way ...

The,rosary ...WITHOYT FAITH IN JESUS,OR REPENTANCE ...in the example in the,quote ...heretic..on the verge of damnatikn....etc ....the,WORDS ALONE,ARE NOT GOING TO SAVE THAT PERSON .....even if said,every day ..

as,it was,put was misleading ...

And I'm quite,sure most priestS, would agree ....

Now,I'm done on this,..You two can keep trying to misunderstand,what I Said
..That quote from whoever was wrong or incomplete ...

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494551 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again each person is,responsible for his heart ...And hopefully they open it to the Spirit ..
I suggest that "within the theology" when you believe others will go to hell, you have in thought and DEED opened your heart to the evil side of Jehovah's nature.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494552 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE MORE TIME ..talking to you folks,is,like living in glue,..
Are YOU unglued?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494553 Nov 25, 2013
StarC wrote:
St. Josaphat was a Ukrainian Greek-Catholic bishop from the 17th Century, beatified by the Catholic Church in 1643, and canonized by Pius IX in 1867.
Beatification is not only a silly ritual of your church, it is a complete waste of major money that could have fed and COULD feed a lot of starving people.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494554 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Those who condemn the sick are guilty of sin (condemning others, AND failing to pray for them). The guilty may even be inviting illness against himself.
KayMarie
When you believe others are so sick that they deserve hell for eternity, are you inviting illness against your self???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494555 Nov 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if Jesus lived, he wouldn't believe like me, but I would believe like him .
Hilarious!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494556 Nov 25, 2013
I suggest that every person that believes in Jesus is certain that Jesus believes as he/she believes.

How could you be saved, if you didn't understand the workings of the mentality of your supposed savior?"

"What was that you said Jesus??? You want me to kill some heretics??? I'll get right as that this minute. Thank you Jesus. Amen."
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#494557 Nov 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this question makes as much sense as you catholics believing it was His body. lol
For sola scriturist, you guys really need to dance around many blunt teachings from Jesus Christ and Paul. The universal Church in Corinth had questions too. Paul set them straight in his first letter:

"The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the Body of Christ?" 1cor 10:16

"Whoever therefore eats the bread or drinks the cup in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord"
1 cor 11:17
"If anyone eats or drinks without discerning the Body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself"

"This is my Body"
Jesus Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#494558 Nov 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot the word "say". He clearly said it's His body. No qualifiers, no hedging, no use of the word "symbol", yet you insist He didn't mean what He clearly said.
You feel comfortable constantly mocking and deriding Catholics for taking Jesus at His word here preston. I think it's a sign of you being unsure of your beliefs.
~~~

There is no way that any one can conjure up...

THE FLESH AND BLOOD OF JESUS ..

THE PRACTICE OF WITCH CRAFT IS CONDEMNED....

TO BELIEVE THAT A CORRUPTIBLE PRIEST CAN CONJURE UP THE INCORRUPTIBLE BLOOD OF JESUS IS ABJECT INSANITY...

GOD THE HOLY GHOST SIRED HIM IN THE WOMB OF MARY....THAT JESUS MIGHT BE BORN IN THE FLESH AND HIS BLOOD IS SINLESS...

AND IF YOU THINK FOP ONE MOMENT THAT A SINFUL MAN CAN REPLICATE JESUS

SINLESS BLOOD ...YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494559 Nov 25, 2013
Wacky theology

"I'm praying to Jesus that those who Jehovah rejects for hell won't have to suffer too awfully much ... unless of course Jehovah ordains it to be so. Then I guess I'll back off and just enjoy the labors of my own enter-prize.

OH OH ... I forgot that Jesus has no more pull with Jehovah since Jesus goofed up and abandoned Judaism to become a Catholic.

I guess I'm barking ... er ... uh ... I mean praying up the wrong tree."

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494560 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are YOU unglued?
So I've been told ..more than once ..Lol

In this,instance ..including self ...way over word count for purposely

Misread and circular conversation :(

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494561 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seraphima" <quoted text>Anyone that has the nerve to imply that nicks illness is due to sin is not a Christian..period. Even if that person believes that it should never have been said to someone who is ill and is struggle to survive.I find it evil and the lowest of low.No she didn't kill anyone and yes that is her opinion but Her big mouth shows just what a Christian she is. When someone shows you who they are the first time,believe it.How many years have you guys gone back and forth over the same things over and over again? You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.We are taught that if once twice you try to teach someone Orthodoxy and they want to argue,then walk away. Your not going to bring anyone to your beliefs by shoveing the Catholic church down their throats.It is better to walk away than to loose your own soul to the devil by commiting sin...wrath, pride etc. I am so guilty of these things myself...I see my faults,I know what my faults are. I would love nothing more than to have EVERYONE on this forum to share and learn from each other. To have compassion and fellowship with everyone here.To pray for one another and to share our griefs and joys.I feel that is productive and Christ would smile down on all of us.
----------
Very touching post, Sere, and true. Jesus said that He did not come to condemn the world (John 3;17), but those who claim to be His followers are guilty of this.
Sickness is caused by germs, or polluted air, illicit sexual behavior, or poisons of various sorts.(The STD's are the only 'sickness' on that list that are caused by sin.)
We are to pray for one another when there is sickness. James said that "the prayer of faith will save the sick, AND IF he has committed sins, they will be forgiven." So, even if our failure has opened a door for illness,'the prayer of faith will save the sick'.
KayMarie

Totally agree KAY

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#494562 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are YOU unglued?
Meant to say UNGLUING myself from sticky circular conversation ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web