Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654422 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#494669 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I guess they are after you now, they will try to have you banned. I don't care for what you post, but you have a right to post here.
ALL THAT I WANT HER TO DO IS REPENT OF HER SIN AND APOLOGIZE TO TWO VERY GOOD PEOPLE.

and what she said applies to you catholics, you did know that about her didn't you?

NOT ONE CHRISTIAN AGREED WITH HER AND HER WORDS ABOUT HIM BEING SICK BECAUSE HE PRAYS TO DEAD SAINTS.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494670 Nov 25, 2013
someone gamble with future of humanity..

god proceeded created sea monsters

then how you come first

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494671 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWWW now it's too late to pretend you are nice to the downtrodden.
I already comprehended that you are certain that you and Martin Luther are destined for greatness in the hereafter, and that you believe the popes will rot in hell.
~~~
MARTIN LUTHER ALLOWED GOD TO BE GREAT IN HIM..

.THAT HE WAS/IS GREAT ENOUGH ....TO BE HATED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLICS.

Luk_6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

HE MUST HVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494672 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Ever looked at it as a Blessing
Wasn't it about a month ago ..I was criticized for remembering ..oh well ..I remember s I was taught
But back then the subject of sinning clergy never came up
Nor did I ever learn any pope was not a,man unfit for the jib.

It was an unheard of idea,...especially to the bins ..I'm sure

Again not answering the,question about priests,by deflection ..

I was just curious about the,teAching on it ..as the idea of here never have been unrepentant priests is not believable ..as is the idea there are no unrepentant ministers ...or any class,of people .

As,Kay says ..they will answer to God ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494673 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
KayMarie says to Michael......Please don't tell me you evolved out of a mudhole four billion years ago...I would have to know where the mud and the hole came from.:)
Michael says.........No mud hole four billion years ago, but from my mothers vagina just 64 years ago.
....seriously, I evolved from Monkeys and I do remember playing in trees and dragging my knuckles.........just like you did!
----------
My knuckles don't have a single scratch on them, and I could never climb trees!
Sorry, kid...you only came 'by way of' your mother. She didn't invent you. God says that 'all souls are mine', and He sent you down a long path that included no mud holes, or monkeys.
Maybe when you get as old as I am, you will know a bit more about the human race...
KayMarie
Exactly ...we did not EVOLVE from.other biological forms of LUFE ..or how ever they put it ..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494674 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't I said can you expect prayers to be answered if you pray to others(idols) and also to God in Jesus name.
I would think your prayers won't be answered.
And I'm sure sometimes people are ill from their sin, I did not say Herms was, but I know believers do suffer when they sin.
Are you trying to insult me with these lies? Say no more. you have said more than enough.

Location hidden

#494675 Nov 25, 2013
and yeah marge, I do HATE everything about you and I have ever since you came on this forum, Havent I?

you and your attitude stinks, but don't worry, some day you will be with your peers.

Location hidden

#494676 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Your post shows you are very childish. Please try to be more of an adult when posting.
Your one for talking...when did you grow up? overnight? Mine your own ways and start looking for Fatima in the Bible

Location hidden

#494677 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I guess they are after you now, they will try to have you banned. I don't care for what you post, but you have a right to post here.
Have her banned...no way ever forum needs a clown

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494678 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't I said can you expect prayers to be answered if you pray to others(idols) and also to God in Jesus name.
I would think your prayers won't be answered.
And I'm sure sometimes people are ill from their sin, I did not say Herms was, but I know believers do suffer when they sin.
Marge ..neither Herm nor I prayed to any one But God ..
It was a prayer for everyone here
And I cannot believe prayer can cause such controversy .

It's how you ..or I pray that matters,..right .
Each of us responsible to God .
And praying for others is,a good thing ...IMO

And I don't hate you .

I know man brought sin into the garden.

I don't credit Nicks,illness to His,sinning ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494679 Nov 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
The Gospels as Literature
Christian gospels fall into a particular form of literature.
They are not histories or biographies, though especially Luke masquerades as such.
Instead, they are theological documents with merely the tone and tenor of biographies or histories. Apologists often rely on this to defend the liberties the authors take with reality. Regardless, there is truth to it.
But I'll leave the analysis of the literary genre to those more adept than I in the subject.
My point is simply that the four primary authors of the canonical gospels and their redactors, to varying degrees, were skilled in using literary devices to accomplish their task: convincing 1st century nonbelievers of the Jesus story.
I wonder, when modern believers read in John 2, "Then said the Jews,'Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days,'" do they really believe the moneychangers and other merchants confronted in the temple actually said that in unison to Jesus?
Someone may have said it. It may be a good summary of the general response to Jesus confronting the authorities in the temple, if that actually happened. But really? All the Jews on scene said that in unison? Is that the way crowds react today?
Of course not. The primary author of John is using a literary device.
Ever notice in TV sitcoms that no one ever says, "Goodbye," or "Talk to you later," after a phone conversation? Sitcom characters merely hang up after concluding the meat of their phone conversation.
Script writers realize such pleasantries don't advance the plot, which needs resolved in about 20 minutes in most sitcoms, and they know most audience members won't notice if the omit those pleasantries. That's *most* audience members cuz anyone reading this post will notice it from now on -- and it will really bug you for a while.
Whoever wrote the first gospel, Mark, was not especially good with Greek. I recall one scholar characterizing his effort as "crude". It was a second language he struggled with.
But make no mistake: Mark's author was a hell of a storyteller, even if not much of a linguist.
Take Mark's version of the story of the moneychangers in the temple, just mentioned above from John.
In Mark, unlike John, on the way to Jerusalem before the confrontation in the temple, Jesus, hungry, encounters a fig tree without fruit and curses it because he cannot obtain sustenance from it.
Upon leaving Jerusalem, after taking on the moneychangers -- curing them -- Jesus and the disciples pass the fig tree again. It has withered from the roots up.
John mentions nothing of the fig tree. This is a Markan tale, and Mark's author has used that tale to ply one of his common literary techniques -- framing one story with two parts of a related story or two separate but related stories. Jesus has cursed a fig tree that bears no fruit, just has he has cursed a temple system that -- in the author's view -- was equally barren.
The story is intended to foreshadow the fall of the 2nd temple, something that already had happened when the Gospel of Mark was written.
This is storytelling at its finest.
Anyone doubt it? Look at its influence on Western Civilization for better or worse.
Bam!
Except in that instance the temple Jesus meant was Himself . Not the TEMPLe ...

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#494680 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Rose, you were taught that it's Christ that forgives the sins, He works through the priest. The priest is just a vessel. How could tyou forget these fundamental teachings?
The concept of confession of sin to a priest is nowhere taught in Scripture. First, the New Testament does not teach that there are to be priests in the New Covenant. Instead, the New Testament teaches that all believers are priests. First Peter 2:5-9 describes believers as a “holy priesthood” and a “royal priesthood.” Revelation 1:6 and 5:10 both describe believers as “a kingdom of priests.” In the Old Covenant, the faithful had to approach God through the priests. The priests were mediators between the people and God. The priests offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the people. That is no longer necessary. Because of Jesus’ sacrifice, we can now approach God’s throne with boldness (Hebrews 4:16). The temple veil tearing in two at Jesus’ death was symbolic of the dividing wall between God and humanity being destroyed. We can approach God directly, ourselves, without the use of a human mediator. Why? Because Jesus Christ is our great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-15; 10:21) and the only mediator between us and God (1 Timothy 2:5). The New Testament teaches that there are to be elders (1 Timothy 3), deacons (1 Timothy 3), bishops (Titus 1:6-9), and pastors (Ephesians 4:11)– but not priests.

When it comes to confession of sin, believers are told in 1 John 1:9 to confess their sins to God. God is faithful and just to forgive our sins as we confess them to Him. James 5:16 speaks of confessing our trespasses “to one another,” but this is not the same as confessing sins to a priest as the Roman Catholic Church teaches. Priests / church leaders are nowhere mentioned in the context of James 5:16. Further, James 5:16 does not link forgiveness of sins with the confession of sins “to one another.”

Hope that helps.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#494681 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Except in that instance the temple Jesus meant was Himself . Not the TEMPLe ...
You are correct but off target.

The particular quote from John's story of the moneychangers -- the same story relayed in Mark -- is not of interest except for John's literary device -- common to all the gospels -- of having crowds speak in unison.

Would it help you if I use this example from the same story in John: "The Jews then responded to him,'What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?'”

Or are you simply too confused for help?
truth

Perth, Australia

#494682 Nov 25, 2013
they will told you
your body is tample
see
read again
i go on my knee
in midlle shooping center
i mean when i say that
i am not liar
i put my hand over my face
its start insert by insert
as you see purity of water
5 by five city
many city

as you see screen as pure as water or tears..
now
which temple you speak
how my body become temple of lutera

i speaking to you
decivers and posessors

why me

by

noooooo

Location hidden

#494683 Nov 25, 2013
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, that if any obey not the Word, they also may be won without the word by the conduct of their wives

2 while they behold your chaste manner of living coupled with fear.

3 When adorning yourselves, let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing gold, or of putting on apparel;

4 but let it be the hidden man of the heart which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which in the sight of God is of great price.

5 For in this manner in olden times the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands,

6 even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. Ye are her daughters as long as ye do well and are not afraid with any bewilderment.

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with your wives with understanding, giving honor unto the wife as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered.

8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one for another. Love each other as brethren, be sympathetic, be courteous,

9 not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise blessing, knowing that ye are called thereto, that ye might inherit a blessing.

10 For,“He that would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.

11 Let him eschew evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.”

Location hidden

#494684 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge ..neither Herm nor I prayed to any one But God ..
It was a prayer for everyone here
And I cannot believe prayer can cause such controversy .
It's how you ..or I pray that matters,..right .
Each of us responsible to God .
And praying for others is,a good thing ...IMO
And I don't hate you .
I know man brought sin into the garden.
I don't credit Nicks,illness to His,sinning ...
even PAD said that she stuck her foot in her mouth(paraphrasing) 23 hours ago.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#494685 Nov 25, 2013
ReginaM

Spring Lake, NJ

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Offering mass in Heavener, OK, in about 20 minutes. His recovery will be the Primary petition.
Rob

Father, I don't know if you meant this for Hermie or not, but I spoke to Sera and she wanted me to ask you to say Mass for him and keep him in your prayers daily. He's still in ICU but is stable right now. He has a team of doctors there who are working to get to the bottom of the situation. His priest visited but he couldn't receive communion as he couldn't take anything by mouth, however he did annoint him.

Sera also asked that everyone of sincere heart please pray for him.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494686 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to insult me with these lies? Say no more. you have said more than enough.
NICKIE WAS PRAYING FOR THE SICK, NOT ABOUT NICK BEING SICK BUT IF HIS PRAYER Or ANYONES PRAYER WILL BE HEARD IF THEY ALSO PRAY TO iDOLS.

Get it?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#494687 Nov 25, 2013
Fr Robert Dye

United States

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Father, I don't know if you meant this for Hermie or not, but I spoke to Sera and she wanted me to ask you to say Mass for him and keep him in your prayers daily. He's still in ICU but is stable right now. He has a team of doctors there who are working to get to the bottom of the situation. His priest visited but he couldn't receive communion as he couldn't take anything by mouth, however he did annoint him.
Sera also asked that everyone of sincere heart please pray for him.

Yeah, I don't know how it got attached to that Bob Dylan post ...
I remembered him at mass in Heavener this afternoon, and will again up in Sallisaw at 5:00 that afternoon, and the Sunday mass in Heavener at 10:00 am tomorrow.
In my own personal prayer as well, of course.
And let' s not forget all the docs and nurses involved in his care.
Rob
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#494688 Nov 25, 2013
Clay

Chicago, IL

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
A note last page said that they lifelined Herme to the hospital last night. I don't know more yet.
KayMarie

Noooo! I really hope he is ok. This would be a great time for all of us to unite in prayer for Herm and Sera.(Note: Clay said this last paragraph.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 27 Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web