Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599823 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494434 Nov 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
One of these days I'm gonna have to teach a brief synopsis on the law because I fear there are those on the forum that have fallen for the folly that is being taught that we are not under the law so just ignore it.
Most of those that make this erroneous claim have in fact NEVER even studied the law in-depth.
How funny you are as you stand on your pedestal of nothing but fluff.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494435 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
PEACE
You might claim that you are not in the Catholic religion, but I suggest that the Catholic indoctrinations are still very much in YOU.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494436 Nov 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>marge we are all guilty of(inserting foot in mouth at times). But you must know that illness and suffering comes to every household,some are attacks from Satan,and some are even tests from God.Most are the result of these bodies that wear out with age and much usage.
Personally I tend to believe that we all being of the same physiological makeup are bound to suffer ailments that we have no control over.It seems to fall of the Just and the unjust,the good,the bad the ugly as it were.So basically unless we have a profound insight as to where an illness comes from,it is better never to relate them to our spiritual condition.
I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.Yes the Enemy does attack our physical bodies,but God always uses that as a test to try our endurance and to CALL upon Him for help.We can in Jesus' Name speak against afflictions,and to ask that By His Stripes He will heal us.
We really do not have the last word on what God requires as faith in any given prayer.I make it a practice to never judge a prayer,unless of course a Christian is seeking the aid of a shaman or an occult practicioner,as in spiritism.
Pad says..........I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.

Michael says.....If 75% of mankind does NOT believe in the holy spirit, how would God affect their lives who seem to live no differently and suffer and recover from the same ailments as those who do believe in the holy spirit?

If christians believe that ONLY their pathway is right, why would God allow all the NON christians (the majority of mankind) to exist and peddle their beliefs if they are not most righteous?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494437 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was,and I probably should have skipped it .
One would NOT go through EITH praying the,Rosary every day UNLESS .
THRY had FAITH and,repented to Jesus, and,were,worshipping OUR LORD And His,Mother
Or
They had FAITH that sayin prayers,tO MARY..would save them..
Any one can recite,...or use a talisman..
As,with all devotion it's in the heart to.JESUS that counts,with God
I do agree with that

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494438 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Stronger than praying to God? I would call it a powerful prayer but not the strongest prayer.
REALLY ... then within the theology no-one NEEDS to pray to Jesus, or even acknowledge Jesus ... RIGHT???

Now, I'll also USE a scripture to make ME feel powerful.

:)

Douay-Rheims Bible
But Jesus cried, and said: He that believeth in me, doth not believe in me, but in him that sent me.

John 12:44

Location hidden

#494439 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was,and I probably should have skipped it .
One would NOT go through EITH praying the,Rosary every day UNLESS .
THRY had FAITH and,repented to Jesus, and,were,worshipping OUR LORD And His,Mother
Or
They had FAITH that sayin prayers,tO MARY..would save them..
Any one can recite,...or use a talisman..
As,with all devotion it's in the heart to.JESUS that counts,with God
I personally have done all my praying to God. Thats me..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494440 Nov 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God is my "final judge" regarding heaven---NOT you, not Confrinting, not Oxbow or "any other" bible only Protestant Propagandist. I'll continue to remain "true to my faith and salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the TRUE WORD of God, the Sacraments and Confession with absolution. You can do and believe what you want--and that includes every bible only preacher on this forum!!
HOJO says....God is my "final judge" regarding heaven---NOT you.

Michael says.......If there was a way of knowing before hand that YOU HOJO were not going to make it to heaven what would you say about God then? Would you speak out?

Fear is what grips you. Fear of not doing exactly what your church teaches. Doesn't matter about all the scandals, the lies, deceit and coverups over the centuries, the burning of heretics or making them just mysteriously disappear. NOPE! doesn't matter to you, your church and its leaders can do no wrong.

Its obvious you are not about the truth, but only about appeasement.

.....very sad!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494441 Nov 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
since God made the condition of salvation as simple as believing His Son, then i'd be VERY concerned with whether i believe Him or not - DUH!
Yes you would ... because you don't trust your image of a god to not punish you. And you don't want to spend eternity in hell, as your religion teaches is based on truth.

Religion placed a horrible blight on humanity.

Thankfully at least the other animals are religion-FREE!

Location hidden

#494442 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad says..........I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.
Michael says.....If 75% of mankind does NOT believe in the holy spirit, how would God affect their lives who seem to live no differently and suffer and recover from the same ailments as those who do believe in the holy spirit?
If christians believe that ONLY their pathway is right, why would God allow all the NON christians (the majority of mankind) to exist and peddle their beliefs if they are not most righteous?
free will Miguel free will...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494443 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I do agree with that
You just contradicted yourself.

If (within the theology) god has all the power, then god has the final SAY. After all, Jesus was SENT by his father, Jesus did not send his father. Now that shows where the REAL power lies.

However, the Jewish father-god would not send his son to teach anything other than pure Judaism. You ought to wake up and recognize that issue.

Religion is silly!

Location hidden

#494444 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY ... then within the theology no-one NEEDS to pray to Jesus, or even acknowledge Jesus ... RIGHT???
Now, I'll also USE a scripture to make ME feel powerful.
:)
Douay-Rheims Bible
But Jesus cried, and said: He that believeth in me, doth not believe in me, but in him that sent me.
John 12:44
not what I meant..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494445 Nov 25, 2013
What is the real purpose of prayer? Do people actually believe that praying to God is going to make God change his mind about what he has already set forth in his divine plan?

Christians are taught God created a divine plan for each of us. He figured it out, said it was a good plan, put the plan into operation. Ever since everyday BILLIONS and BILLIONS of prayers are beamed to Mary, Jesus, Holy Spirit, God the father, for the living, for the dead, for the sick, to change the weather forcast, pray for a safe trip, pray for a child, a grandchild.........etc.

I would believe God thinks, whats with all the man made prayers being mumbled by millions of people wanting me to change my divine plan to suit their own selfishness?

I never pray, I figure things out for myself. If it doesn't work, it wasn't meant to be.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494446 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>free will Miguel free will...
Did you ASK to be created? Did you ASK to be born into a Christian religion? Did you ask to be ignorant, and arrogant with your haughty attitude that those who don't believe in Jesus will be lost to salvation?

DID you ASK permission, or were given the free will to be so stupid?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494447 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>not what I meant..
Of course it's NEVER what you meant!

What you MEANT is that you are so desirable, that the god of the Jews can't resist your Christian APPEAL!

Arrogant FOOL!!!

Location hidden

#494448 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just contradicted yourself.
If (within the theology) god has all the power, then god has the final SAY. After all, Jesus was SENT by his father, Jesus did not send his father. Now that shows where the REAL power lies.
However, the Jewish father-god would not send his son to teach anything other than pure Judaism. You ought to wake up and recognize that issue.
Religion is silly!
really where? I want to make this perfectly clear....I believe that praying to the Theotokos is a powerful prayer. But not as powerful as praying straight to Christ which is what I choose to do. Is that clear enough for you? Now I have to run and clear the cat litter box. Adios

Location hidden

#494450 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ASK to be created? Did you ASK to be born into a Christian religion? Did you ask to be ignorant, and arrogant with your haughty attitude that those who don't believe in Jesus will be lost to salvation?
Did you ask to be a knucklehead?
Liam

United States

#494451 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And you would do good to look at yourself before making comments to nick like this. You are in NO position to tell Nick ANYTHING..Preston has been a true friend to us and was there for us when we needed Christian prayers and love. Where were YOU...He was the very FIRST person to personally email me to offer his support and HELP if I needed it. Where were YOU? Your actions and other Catholic's here have turned me away from your church big time.The Protestants here have showed us more love and support than any of you. Faith aside,a true Christian shows their faith,lives their faith. Has compassion for someone in spiritual needs. It doesn't matter what your faith is a TRUE CHRISTIAN is just there for you.And I will also add Confrinting and his wife were also a huge help to me. And since we are on the topic of ignorant human beings,whats your opinion of what marge said about nick and I going through the suffering now because we pray to dead people? Don't see you correcting her about that.So before you even think about trying to correct Nick, correct yourself.
I most definitely prayed for Nick and you. In fact, I pray for everyone on this forum from time to time. But like Preston said, my pray is to dead people. lol.
He's only friends with people who don't cross his path or agree with his biblical interpretations. You don't question him when he preaches a false gospel. So you guys are cool with each other.

As for me defending Marge? Of course I'm not defending her unguided theology. She's as ignorant as they come. Her saying something like she did about you and Nick is sick. I only defended her when your friend Presume said she is not a Christian and she's going to hell. That's all. He was correct in calling her out on her fanatic theology, but that's it. I'm sick of being told I'm going to hell by Confrint and Preston as if they take some delight in it. They aren't pastors called to preach the gospel and you know it.

Location hidden

#494452 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I was given the free will to be stupid so people like you with so much wisdom can correct me..lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#494453 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I personally have done all my praying to God. Thats me..
Me too.

Look.back and see,what I Saud,about time or,ask Herm ..just my thought on the matter ...nothing for or against in the,bible ..But may give you some thought ...though I'm still convinced young children are,with Jesus,

Location hidden

#494454 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never once in this forum ever claimed that those who did not believe in Jesus were lost in salvation. NEVER. So if you are going to correct ME personally get your facts right. Now if you want to make that statement about what the Orthodox church says,thats a horse of a different color.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr par five 84,327
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web