Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,478
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#494401 Nov 24, 2013
Suddenly our "friend" Ricardo has started speaking like a "Muslim".

Worship only God, no created beings, no angels, no prophets, and not Jesus , Moses or any one else, except One True God.

And then he will do a "flip" and start accusing Islam of being an evil religion.

If Islam did nothing else, but drew humankind to worship One True God of Universe, that is its biggest contribution to human kind.!!

But it seems people like Ricardo live only to strike controversies, when they see, more Christians on thread, they start accusing Christians.

And when they see Muslims on any thread, they start criticizing Islam.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494402 Nov 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina:), some of us ladies seem to really love each other here and try to see the meaning by what is said, thankyou. May God bless you my dear friend. Please read with Rico says, that was my concern.
marge we are all guilty of(inserting foot in mouth at times). But you must know that illness and suffering comes to every household,some are attacks from Satan,and some are even tests from God.Most are the result of these bodies that wear out with age and much usage.

Personally I tend to believe that we all being of the same physiological makeup are bound to suffer ailments that we have no control over.It seems to fall of the Just and the unjust,the good,the bad the ugly as it were.So basically unless we have a profound insight as to where an illness comes from,it is better never to relate them to our spiritual condition.

I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.Yes the Enemy does attack our physical bodies,but God always uses that as a test to try our endurance and to CALL upon Him for help.We can in Jesus' Name speak against afflictions,and to ask that By His Stripes He will heal us.

We really do not have the last word on what God requires as faith in any given prayer.I make it a practice to never judge a prayer,unless of course a Christian is seeking the aid of a shaman or an occult practicioner,as in spiritism.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#494403 Nov 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>the Apostles wrote it guided by the Holy Spirit. the Apostles were Catholic. Pope Francis is talking to Putin about your church.
Who says Apostles wrote the Bible (or NT to be sure).

Luke was not an apostle, Mark was not as Apostle.

John who wrote the Gospel of John was not an Apostle.

And Matthew whose Gospel goes by the name Matthew was not an Apostle either.

And as every one knows Paul was not a Apostle of Jesus at all. He gave that title to himself of his own accord.

So the entire NT was not written by any Apostle of Jesus.

If Catholic Church makes that claim, then it means that Catholic Church is not what Jesus established.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494405 Nov 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Suddenly our "friend" Ricardo has started speaking like a "Muslim".
Worship only God, no created beings, no angels, no prophets, and not Jesus , Moses or any one else, except One True God.
And then he will do a "flip" and start accusing Islam of being an evil religion.
If Islam did nothing else, but drew humankind to worship One True God of Universe, that is its biggest contribution to human kind.!!
But it seems people like Ricardo live only to strike controversies, when they see, more Christians on thread, they start accusing Christians.
And when they see Muslims on any thread, they start criticizing Islam.
We pray to the Father in Jesus' Name.The reason being that,Jesus was worthy of representing us before the Father,and that He still is worthy because He is the Resurrection and the Life.

It is hard for a Muslim to understand how we perceive Christ,because he or she is taught that Jesus did not die on the cross,but that Allah deceived the Jews by rescuing Christ from dying.Christ according to Muslim belief went eventually after the crucifixion he survived, to Turkey.

Also Isa's mother Maryam bore him under a tree,and even cursed while giving birth,she ate pomegranates a d drank from a stream under or near where she gave birth.Joseph is never mentioned,and even Bethlehem is never recorded as his birth place by Mohammed,or I should say the WE in the Qur'an.Isa speaks even in the cradle to people Maryam comes in contact with.And later Isa proclaims that the Jews or his followers assert lies concerning his true mission on earth.

Allah never had a son,and He said that Isa was just to be,confirming the virgin birth(which is one thing that shocks many Christians about Islam).

Mohammed many times in the Koran states that God never had a son.It is quite uncanny that with all the women Mohammed took as wives that none of them ever gave him a son either.Interesting!

Isaac son of Abraham,only son of Abraham and Sarah, according to the Koran was a gift to them,because Abraham loved Allah so much that he was willing to sacrifice Ishmael on an altar in place of a lamb,but of course Allah sent an angel to stop him.

The Bible tells us that Isaac was that son of Promise ABRAHAM was told by God to offer on the altar instead of a ram or a lamb. The Angel of the LORD did stop him from killing Isaac. It was not Ishmael who was offered but Isaac.Which book was written first the Bible or the Koran?

Well the Muslims would say the Jews corrupted the Bible.So they the Muslims cannot trust the Bible to be true and accurate,but yet they call it as being from Allah,and they call both the Jews and the Christians the People of the Book.And the Muslims even honor the People of the Book as it were.

Another story quite different was that of Joseph son of Jacob.The Koran states that Joseph was accused by Potipher's wife of trying to molest her,while Potipher was gone on business.However the servants saw what really happened and Potipher gave Joseph the option of not going to prison.Nevertheless the Bible says that Joseph was sentenced to prison,Potipher had to honor his wife's accusation against Joseph,no witnesses came forward to prove her wrong or to be a liar.Joseph was thrown in prison,he did not willingly go there.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494406 Nov 25, 2013
first perfection is..where?

Did someone stolen your ring
or identity?

think about that who liked be bigger then god
truth

Perth, Australia

#494407 Nov 25, 2013
it is written many many many will come in my name
its not me

then
who save whom
truth

Perth, Australia

#494408 Nov 25, 2013
why abraham need blessing from whom

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494409 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina:), some of us ladies seem to really love each other here and try to see the meaning by what is said, thankyou. May God bless you my dear friend. Please read with Rico says, that was my concern.
Please explain to me the meaning of what you were trying to say and nicks illness and sin...and if I owe you an apology you will get it.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494410 Nov 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says Apostles wrote the Bible (or NT to be sure).
Luke was not an apostle, Mark was not as Apostle.
John who wrote the Gospel of John was not an Apostle.
And Matthew whose Gospel goes by the name Matthew was not an Apostle either.
And as every one knows Paul was not a Apostle of Jesus at all. He gave that title to himself of his own accord.
So the entire NT was not written by any Apostle of Jesus.
If Catholic Church makes that claim, then it means that Catholic Church is not what Jesus established.
Matthew was one of the twelve Apostles,Mark,and John were Apostles as well.Luke was a gentile believer,who was taught also by Paul.Paul was appointed to that role of Apostle by the Lord Jesus Himself,and he was sent to the gentiles.

The New Testament simply states those facts,and we really have no reason to doubt the validity of such.If you are a Muslim you must doubt any claim by anything that is written in the New Testament often called by us the ((NEW COVENANT)). Jesus said that He was to establish His kingdom basically by the New Covenant in His Blood,which by the way had to be shed,and He had to die, in order for that Covenant to be enacted.

His life was a sacrifice for all sins,sorry if you do not believe it,because you were taught by your imams to reject Christian teaching,which by the way we get from the New Testament in His Blood,as He did lay down His life for all of humanity,to appease God's wrath on human kind because of sin(its dominion and its results death).

Jesus resurrected from the dead(the firstborn from the dead as it were) because HE defeated both sin and the grave,and we are promised eternal life and a sure resurrection when we embrace His sacrifice on that Cross of for a certainty He died.

Just because you believe a certain way,that you were taught does not nullify the truth of what really happened,and it is a fact that Jesus came to this earth long before the Prophet Mohammed,and He lived and died according to Scripture,and rose again from the dead with a New and resurrected Body that is Eternal.

For every century from the time of Christ we have witnesses to the truth and validity of a life which is consecrated and made righteous by Christ through His Sacrifice.He gave that to all who would come to Him by faith.He is not greater than His Father,He is One with the Father and the Spirit.1x1x1=One God forever and ever.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#494411 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what your question is. But if its about the book of Revelation sayin theCatholic Church is the "synagogue of Satan" then I would say you are not interpreting it correctly. The last paragraph in Revelation warns you not to add to Johns prophecy. Clearly you are adding to it.
You should also understand that the Book of Revelation wasn't considered sacred scripture until 400 AD. It was the Catholic Church in Rome who added the Book to the Bible. You would have no knowledge of it otherwise. Ironic that you'd now use this Book against them.
See, I knew it!!! And for U to mention that U don't know the question that I'm asking ( even though it was CLEARLY STATED, with a question mark and er'thing!! Don't start with a lecture about what biblical books U wish to follow or not. And I didn't add anything to the word. I paraphrased what is written in Revelation. I'm gonna back off now because I see that U're not serious about seeking for truth. I'm pretty sure that U already have it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494412 Nov 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>marge we are all guilty of(inserting foot in mouth at times). But you must know that illness and suffering comes to every household,some are attacks from Satan,and some are even tests from God.Most are the result of these bodies that wear out with age and much usage.
Personally I tend to believe that we all being of the same physiological makeup are bound to suffer ailments that we have no control over.It seems to fall of the Just and the unjust,the good,the bad the ugly as it were.So basically unless we have a profound insight as to where an illness comes from,it is better never to relate them to our spiritual condition.
I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.Yes the Enemy does attack our physical bodies,but God always uses that as a test to try our endurance and to CALL upon Him for help.We can in Jesus' Name speak against afflictions,and to ask that By His Stripes He will heal us.
We really do not have the last word on what God requires as faith in any given prayer.I make it a practice to never judge a prayer,unless of course a Christian is seeking the aid of a shaman or an occult practicioner,as in spiritism.
Question. Why should God heal us if we get sick as a result of not obeying His health laws given to us in the scriptures? Many of our illnesses comes as a result of not following Gods health laws.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494413 Nov 25, 2013
One of these days I'm gonna have to teach a brief synopsis on the law because I fear there are those on the forum that have fallen for the folly that is being taught that we are not under the law so just ignore it.

Most of those that make this erroneous claim have in fact NEVER even studied the law in-depth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494414 Nov 25, 2013
There are health laws in the Bible that will help you to live a healthy life,laws on cleanliness,laws that teach us how to live A SUCCESSFUL LIFE IF YOU OBEY GODS LAW.

There is nothing wrong with these laws and they have not being thrown out as many mistakenly think. You guys that misunderstand what Paul was teaching about the law need to do a thorough study of the many laws that God gave. When you read that the law was abolished,the lesson was absolutely NOT talking about certain laws of the Bible.

I have tried to get you guys to see this over and over again that only certain parts were abolished but many laws we are still under and were not abolished.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#494415 Nov 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
There are health laws in the Bible that will help you to live a healthy life,laws on cleanliness,laws that teach us how to live A SUCCESSFUL LIFE IF YOU OBEY GODS LAW.
There is nothing wrong with these laws and they have not being thrown out as many mistakenly think. You guys that misunderstand what Paul was teaching about the law need to do a thorough study of the many laws that God gave. When you read that the law was abolished,the lesson was absolutely NOT talking about certain laws of the Bible.
I have tried to get you guys to see this over and over again that only certain parts were abolished but many laws we are still under and were not abolished.
Did Paul told you WHICH part of the Law was to be followed and what was to be abolished?

Or did he leave THAT job to the Church or gave people free choice?

How come some "wrong laws" entered into the Book of God in the first place?

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#494416 Nov 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So you approve of her being called scum and a nobody?? Really? She didn't kill anyone, for heaven's sake. All she did was express her opinion and beliefs which happen to differ from yours. And she was attacked unmercifully for it. I thought that was against the rules? Or does that particular rule only go one way?
In scripture, sin usually manifests as physical illness, i.e. "suffering". Like all evangelical fundamentalist protestants, Marge believes that praying to the saints is a sin. Surely you can add two plus two and see where she's coming from. I've been on this board a good deal longer than you have and am used to Marge, but she's said similar things to you in the past so why are you ganging up on her now? You've been telling us over and over how Christ is with you, Nick. Somehow I don't think Christ would approve of the cruelty and spite that I've witnessed here tonight.
I've said this before and it keeps being confirmed over and over again...you people are playing a very dangerous game here...and God has no part in it. Normally I wouldn't get involved in your squabbles, but this was just so wrong that my conscience wouldn't let me keep silent. Now say whatever you need to about me to make yourselves feel better. Someone had to speak up and I willingly volunteered.
And yet many good people suffer physical ailments ..what about children struck with cancer . Judging people s illness as being from THEM sinning was a bit off IMO..unless she meant that all ILLNES an suffering was a result of MAN sinning ..That was not he original plan of God ..
To be clear
My comment to marge was only ONLY..That when we said a,prayer on HERR neither Hermi nor I referred our prayer to ANY ONE BUT GOD ..And she was welcome to join.

PEACE
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494418 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A communist leader I'd talking for the,Orthodox,Church to the Pope ???to make,Russians,become Catholic???
Putin is not Communist.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494419 Nov 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
It do not say: After this manner therefore pray ye: Mary which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
We meditate on Christ's life, is that repetitius? I doubt it. Praying the rosary is the best kind of prayer, The Blessed Mother told the children of Fatima to pray the rosary. The rosary is the strongest type of prayer.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#494420 Nov 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>This is too easy. Give me a """"script ural"""" definition of sin?
Tony,

Again, the Law of Moses CANNOT save anyone (spiritual)...

Sin is a transgression of the law of God.

Now, today, because of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, we are under the LAW of Christ.

Why?

Because we can be saved (spiritual).....a new birth....

"the perfect law of liberty"

James 1:25

25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law (LAW OF CHRIST) that gives freedom,(FREEDOM FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN) and continues in itónot forgetting what they have heard, but doing itóthey will be blessed in what they do.

Romans 3:20-24

20 <<<Therefore NO ONE will be declared righteous in Godís sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.>>>

21 But NOW APART from the law the righteousness of God has been made known,(death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ) to which the Law and the Prophets TESTIFY.

22 This righteousness is given through <<<faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.>>> There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

24 and all are JUSTIFIED freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494421 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>We meditate on Christ's life, is that repetitius? I doubt it. Praying the rosary is the best kind of prayer, The Blessed Mother told the children of Fatima to pray the rosary. The rosary is the strongest type of prayer.
Stronger than praying to God? I would call it a powerful prayer but not the strongest prayer.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494422 Nov 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June Graham has a 2013 program that he and his family and fellow workers have been producing for TV. It is as solid a Christian endeavor to lead people to Christ as any Billy did in the past.His statement of seeming to acquiese to Christ not being the only way is really rubbish,because what he said to the founder of (HOUR OF POWER) was that Christ can be seen in many peoples of all ethnicities and religions,as MEN and WOMEN of good Will. Graham is but a man,however he did cause a furor amongst many Christians in that interview.
Billy Graham stated in that interview that Muslims and Buddhists and Atheists are called by GOD. He by-passed the word "Jesus."

Billy Graham interprets words from the anti-Semitic bible to in turn base his sermons on his own opinions ... EVEN as his opinions change.

Following is the interview.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr InterestedPartyinGA 8,305
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sep 21 Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••