Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690462 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#494620 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so right. It's the same with the Christians that go to church only on Christmas and Easter. It's the accepted thing to do.
Pretend to love one another for five minutes here and there and as a reward for good behavior ... fight the rest of the year.
:)
I remember when our family would go to mass. My mother, father and the other catholics in the church would give that long, cold, catholic dead stare at people in church that only went on Christmas and Easter, making them feel unwelcome.

I couldn't wait for christmas and easter masses. I knew what was going to happen everytime.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494621 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, you took it wrong, I posted a quote from a saint and you mistook it for saying that a person who prays the rosary daily is an unrepented person.
Just reread it ..it does,say saying the,rosary for contriTION ..I missed that ..

BuT...WE,ARE,TO CONFESS,TO JESUS,KNIT ..And have FAITH IN HIM....alone,..for salvation ...

God bless,and you and your family have a,blessed thanksgiving ..Peace ..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#494622 Nov 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTIONS, RELATEING TO WHAT JESUS COMMANDMENT, "TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU."
WERE THOSE WORDS JUST MEANT FOR THE DISCIPLES??

Of course not. They were meant to convert people of the whole world to Catholicism by teaching that you would only get your portion of love IF you became a Catholic ... just like Jesus.
Michael

Canada

#494623 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
If you claim that everything had to be created by God, then God created the devil. Isn't it long overdue that God dispose of this devil creature that you seem so afraid of?
...Another invention by man........TO SCARE PEOPLE!!!
----------
So how do YOU account for evil...or good...in the world? How do you even account for your own existence?
Please don't tell me you evolved out of a mudhole four billion years ago...I would have to know where the mud and the hole came from.:)
KayMarie
KayMarie says to Michael......Please don't tell me you evolved out of a mudhole four billion years ago...I would have to know where the mud and the hole came from.:)

Michael says.........No mud hole four billion years ago, but from my mothers vagina just 64 years ago.

....seriously, I evolved from Monkeys and I do remember playing in trees and dragging my knuckles.........just like you did!
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494624 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
.we BElieve in confessing to Jesus,..But you BELUEVE in confessing to a,priest
Same thing! Nobody home!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494625 Nov 25, 2013
Well, Anthony MN, which part of the Bible are we to understand literally and which part are we to understand figuratively?

If the bread is "literally" the body of Jesus, His true human flesh, when Jesus describes Himself as a gate He must have meant a "literal" gate like the one in my neighbors fence, right?
Michael

Canada

#494626 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"HI ... I used to be Clay, but now I am Liam, and I am addicted to Catholicism."
"Hi Liam ... welcome to our recovery group. Why did you change your name???"
"Well, I thought a change would be as good as an arrest."
We should start a pool. Everyone throw in 5 bucks to guess what Liam changes his name to next.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494627 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying it's ok for born-agains to pray the rosary?
Marge,my point was,and is,..One must confess,and have faith in JESUS,..alone as,Saviour .

Not any opinion on the,rosary .

I have no idea,who in he CATHOLIC FAITH is,or is,not born again..in TRUE FAITH in JESUS,...only God knows,
And ow,they worship is also between them and God

I presume nothing in that regard ...
I would imagine it's,what is,in their hearts,....
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494628 Nov 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>God Bless You Kaye Marie
Are you instructing Jehovah who he HAS to bless???

Pushy ... aren't you???

What if Jehovah is in an ugly mood and decides that KayMarie doesn't deserve anything more than spending eternity in the fiery pit of Gehenna with the other wicked deceivers of Jehovah???

WHAT THEN???

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494629 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
States one Christian to another Christian.
That's right June and I never claimed to be holier than tho or perfect.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494630 Nov 25, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
"It is simply a practice of measuring all 'doctrine' by the scriptures."
I've asked a thousand times who the authority is in protestantism that gets to measure the doctrine. The only answer I've ever gotten is "the Holy Spirit tells me." Why does the Holy Spirit guide protestants to conflicting truths? If every protestant gets to decide for themselves, how can anyone know the truth for sure?

----------
It is like any other 'ism' when investigated by man...there are various 'opinions'...and then there is the truth. A first grader would have a different definition of ecology, for instance, than a college graduate who specialized in the subject.

You will tell me that Catholics all say the same thing. True, to the extent that you have a memorized catechism. Mormons, J.W.'s Islamist, and all other 'religions' are the same way. However, get any one of you into a discussion that is not memorized, and you have as many different positions as any one else.

Many religious people are like parrots and monkeys (repetitious and laughable). They spout what they have memorized, and say, "I think...", but they do not know what the Bible really has to say. Thus all the different 'opinions'.

That is why Jesus said, "IT IS WRITTEN".(Go thou, and do likewise.:)

Jesus said that the Holy Spirit, "when He is come, will guide you in ALL TRUTH." Do you believe Him (the Truth)?

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494631 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,faith in Jesus,that saves,...nothing else ....
Tch Tch ... I suggest that Jehovah will have the last WORD in that discussion.

Rumor has it that Jehovah is VERY angry that Jesus baled on him to favor the Christians.

June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494632 Nov 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
Interpretation = Perception.
Perception = Self.
No religion required.
According to you, was Jesus planted in Mary's womb by the god Jehovah ... or by one of those gnostic preachers?

#494633 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People can conjure in their minds whatever pleases them.
You are a prime example of such silliness.
~~~
I AM NOT IN COMPETITION WITH ANY ONE...

-->You are a prime example of them that will perish...

you will find out that

hell is hot and eternal.

1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is

-->to them that perish

foolishness; <--

but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co_1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God,

it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494634 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The one,about the person being on the edge,of damnation was,the one I was speaking of ...And have repeated that at least three times ..
Are YOU on the edge of damnation???

#494635 Nov 25, 2013
who="Husker Du" <quoted text>No one uses a talisman, where the heck do you get your ideas. You know how to pray the rosary, you were taught how to by those nuns.

----------
She has since learned to really pray instead of quoting a ritual.
KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494636 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
It does have plenty of "junk" in it.
But just like everything in the world, people get to CHOOSE which "junk" they keep and which "junk" they get rid of.
Self.
When will YOU be getting rid of SELF'S junk?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494637 Nov 25, 2013
They all hate me Ltm, their lying about me and calling me names.

And I'm not sure 'who' they are anymore or if they ever were Christians.

I'm not talking about Oldjg or Orville.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494638 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Asking questions will lead you to others, but in the end, the answers will be given.
What exact answers have YOU been given by self TO self???

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494639 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ..here's,one ..of course,Jesus,knew,they were,sinners,..But in their hearts they repented ..
What about sacraments,...all of them.... performed by unrepentant sinners,..confession..baptisms ,...And the,Eucharist ..even confirmation and,Holy orders,
I'm.Assuming . Say the priest ..bishop ..or pope ..subs,and,goes,to Confession before,..what if their confession. Did,NOT include any desire to NOT CONTINUE or they did not confess,a,horrible sin .
Ford's the transubstantiation tAke place ..That is,the,only one I can think where the priest alone,is,responsible .
In Confession
.we BElieve in confessing to Jesus,..But you BELUEVE in confessing to a,priest ...if he is,NOT,in good,standing ..I'd imagine God WOUKD look into the heart of the penitent ..
But with Communion....if you BElieve the priest is the factor ...And he is an unrepentant sinner ...what is the state of Eucharist?????
Your Church talks,about people receiving communion in a state of non repenting ...what of the priest ..or bishop ...performing the,sacrament .
I am curious,on Church teaching .
This,also brings,up.Popes,appointed by politics and,not the guiding of the,HOLY Spirit as,has,happened ...
You should know all the answers to your questions. The nuns taught you all these things . No priest in their right mind would administer the Sacraments in a state of mortal sin. If you commit a mortal sin, you cannot receive the Eucharist. The nuns taught you this way back in second grade before you receive your first Communion and first Confession. By the way, the priest himself does not turn the Eucharist into Jesus Christ, only Christ can do that , He works through the priest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Married in 10,657
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web